kindasorta
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mango Island Momma

Unread post by kindasorta »

dnbunny wrote:
blackroses wrote:I wish she addressed some of the batshit crazy vegans in her comments she tries to spread love and positivity but will ignore people attacking others because they aren't vegan or can't be.
Because there's no reason as someone who can't be vegan. It's a choice. I think it's super important to respect other people's choices, but don't think it's her job to moderate her comments section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding your comment but there are plently of reasons people can't be vegan. Money (and before you say being vegan is cheap--it can be, but government assistance doesn't always support a vegan diet; and if someone is supporting you, you take what you can get food wise) allergies, people suffering from dieases like eating disorders or diabetes, etc. Being vegan is technically a choice (like someone with allergies to nuts could CHOOSE to eat peanut butter and end up very sick or dead), but it's not always a very well advised one..

But yeah spot on with everything else you said: respect other people's choices, not her job to police comments.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

She's pregnant with baby #3
kindasorta
Talker
Talker

blackroses wrote:She's pregnant with baby #3
I'm so excited for them! She's glowing in that last vid.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Her husband doesn't have a job anymore? I have no idea how these people make money.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

fossilfinger wrote:Her husband doesn't have a job anymore? I have no idea how these people make money.
YouTube + her ebooks. She doesn't do sponsorships very often so I'm pretty sure it's mostly ad revenue via YouTube. But that can average in at thousands per month.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I'm still excited for them and she looks great! But it's still concerning considering how much she hates modern medicine.
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

I knew she'd announce a pregnancy sometime this year, ever since she showed a pregnancy test in a video a few months back. I hope she has a girl :love2:
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

I'm so excited! I'm also pregnant, 14 and a half weeks. So we're due around the same time! And I'm also vegan!!!!! I'm just jealous how she seems to be doing fine, I'm currently still struggling with morning sickness :(

Annavi04
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Annavi04 »

blackroses wrote:I'm still excited for them and she looks great! But it's still concerning considering how much she hates modern medicine.
Whats wrong with not liking modern medicine? There are MDs out there that dont even like it. Im sure if she needed a c section in the case of an emergency shed do it.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Annavi04 wrote:
blackroses wrote:I'm still excited for them and she looks great! But it's still concerning considering how much she hates modern medicine.
Whats wrong with not liking modern medicine? There are MDs out there that dont even like it. Im sure if she needed a c section in the case of an emergency shed do it.

She doesn't believe in vaccinations for one and if her child is in distress she would wait until the absolute last second and someone here mentioned earlier or maybe it was somewhere else that her son was really sick and needed a hospital but instead she refuse to take him. Sometimes you need intervention and she doesn't believe in that at all and it's terrifying
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

blackroses wrote:
Annavi04 wrote:

She doesn't believe in vaccinations for one and if her child is in distress she would wait until the absolute last second and someone here mentioned earlier or maybe it was somewhere else that her son was really sick and needed a hospital but instead she refuse to take him. Sometimes you need intervention and she doesn't believe in that at all and it's terrifying
Okay well her son's infection cleared up didn't it? Yes, so who cares if she did it the natural way or with modern medicine/antiobiotics. I am 100% sure that if her son needed stitches, or surgery, or something; she would of course go to the hospital lol.

Annavi04
Informer
Informer

dnbunny wrote:
blackroses wrote:
Annavi04 wrote: Whats wrong with not liking modern medicine? There are MDs out there that dont even like it. Im sure if she needed a c section in the case of an emergency shed do it.

Okay well her son's infection cleared up didn't it? Yes, so who cares if she did it the natural way or with modern medicine/antiobiotics. I am 100% sure that if her son needed stitches, or surgery, or something; she would of course go to the hospital lol.

Yupp.. i dont believe vaccinations are healthy either. Why would i want baby foreskin, monkey, guinea pig, and heavy metals injected into my child?? Look up the national childhood vaccine injury act of 1986. Vaccines also contain cells from ABORTED FETAL TISSUE! I do not believe in abortions unless is life threatening for the mother and child. Either way, prochoice or not, its contradictory to "help" a child be healthy with the cells of one who was murdered. No thanks!
Ellens children are healthy and vibrant so you don't need to worry about them!

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

My extensive research and biology degree (not google degree) is concerned I don't need your crazy biased articles vaccines are essential Jesus fuck. She's a wonderful mother and I just hope she gets intervention when she needs it not last minute. Yes it cleared up but she was incredibly lucky you will never understand just how much shit happened in the very short time I volunteered at a hospital to kids who weren't vaccinated it's so sad, it's genuine concern and it's terrifying you actually believe some horribly misinforming "articles"
Annavi04
Informer
Informer

blackroses wrote:My extensive research and biology degree (not google degree) is concerned I don't need your crazy biased articles vaccines are essential Jesus fuck. She's a wonderful mother and I just hope she gets intervention when she needs it not last minute. Yes it cleared up but she was incredibly lucky you will never understand just how much shit happened in the very short time I volunteered at a hospital to kids who weren't vaccinated it's so sad, it's genuine concern and it's terrifying you actually believe some horribly misinforming "articles"

I am a registered nurse. I dont have a google degree. My degree is a bachelors of science in nursing. The cdc website has the vaccine ingredients listed, not a "horribly misinforming article." Look at the vaccine handouts with all the possible side effects listed on them. Those come with the vaccines. Lolllll how is that biased? So many MDs also don't believe in vaccines and i know a few. I have spent way more than a "short time" in hospital with children and i wasnt just "volunteering." You want to call me crazy but you dont even say anything about that act I mentioned and i bet you'll have nothing to say about the how the cdc lists the ingredients i mentioned on their website. Lolll. Good luck! Go teach elementary with that biology degree instead of trying to talk nonsense to me. im not replying to you anymore because you cant even look up an ingredient list on the cdc website before calling someone crazy. Use your "extensive research" skills to look it up on the cdc website.
Annavi04
Informer
Informer

Also you sound super condescending calling me crazy. If you wanted to help people and change their minds because youre so terrified and concerned youd find a nicer way to get your point across! You attract more bees with honey. Plus its not good to assume i get my information from "articles." Youre really unpleasant tbh. What if you were right and could actually change peoples minds by being nicer in your approach? :/ not cool! & yeah i know i made a condescending comment about your biology degree, but you threw shade insinuating i have a "google degree" good luck with your attitude in the work force

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Annavi04 wrote:Also you sound super condescending calling me crazy. If you wanted to help people and change their minds because youre so terrified and concerned youd find a nicer way to get your point across! You attract more bees with honey. Plus its not good to assume i get my information from "articles." Youre really unpleasant tbh. What if you were right and could actually change peoples minds by being nicer in your approach? :/ not cool! & yeah i know i made a condescending comment about your biology degree, but you threw shade insinuating i have a "google degree" good luck with your attitude in the work force

Thank you!
kindasorta
Talker
Talker

Not to derail this already spiraling thread but holy shit I would be terrified to have a nurse who is anti-vaxx. My sister is a RN and she *has* to be up to date with vaccinations, because the children she cares for have very compromised immune systems. The vaccines are not only protecting her, but they could literally save the children she cares for lives if she were to come in to contact with a containment/viruses.

Please get your kids vaccinated, not just for their own health and safety, but for the health and safety of other people who can't get them because they're too old/young/allergic/etc. Don't be a selfish pos. It's for the common good. It's life changing and saving.

I really like Ellen a lot, and I think her views on a lot of thin (diet, health, wellness, parenting) are on point and refreshing but I really really dislike the whole "vaccines are poison!!!!" shtick. It's dangerous and can be deadly. John Oliver has a great piece of the anti-vaxx movement, if any one cares to watch it.

*steps down from soap box*
Annavi04
Informer
Informer

kindasorta wrote:Not to derail this already spiraling thread but holy shit I would be terrified to have a nurse who is anti-vaxx. My sister is a RN and she *has* to be up to date with vaccinations, because the children she cares for have very compromised immune systems. The vaccines are not only protecting her, but they could literally save the children she cares for lives if she were to come in to contact with a containment/viruses.

Please get your kids vaccinated, not just for their own health and safety, but for the health and safety of other people who can't get them because they're too old/young/allergic/etc. Don't be a selfish pos. It's for the common good. It's life changing and saving.

I really like Ellen a lot, and I think her views on a lot of thin (diet, health, wellness, parenting) are on point and refreshing but I really really dislike the whole "vaccines are poison!!!!" shtick. It's dangerous and can be deadly. John Oliver has a great piece of the anti-vaxx movement, if any one cares to watch it.

Theres no reason to call anyone a selifsh pos.. it doesnt make sense that i will give someone an illness i dont have. If i was ill i would not go to work. people who are vaccinated can get what they are being vaccinated against sooo theres that. Like many people get the flu after getting the flu shot.
Also there are medical and religious exemptions for nurses, so no we aren't required to be vaccinated.
I wouldnt set myself or my children on fire to keep others warm.

Annavi04
Informer
Informer

Also couldn't it be seen as selfish to use vaccines with fetal aborted tissue to "save" your own child??? Its literally supporting the death of one child to make another survive.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

kindasorta wrote:Not to derail this already spiraling thread but holy shit I would be terrified to have a nurse who is anti-vaxx. My sister is a RN and she *has* to be up to date with vaccinations, because the children she cares for have very compromised immune systems. The vaccines are not only protecting her, but they could literally save the children she cares for lives if she were to come in to contact with a containment/viruses.

Can't fix the holier than thou attitude! It's impossible to argue unfortunately

Return to “I-P”