Mango Island Momma

BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Mango Island Momma

Unread post by BornThisWay94 »

Anyone watch Ellen?
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Mango Island Momma

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Is Ellen her real name? I've watched a few of her vlog's. Don't like her.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Scar2016 wrote:Is Ellen her real name? I've watched a few of her vlog's. Don't like her.
Yeah, it's Ellen Fisher.

I enjoy the aesthetic of her videos and her kids are really cute, but her ideas are just completely taken from other YouTubers. She doesn't think for herself and believes so much pseudoscience. I am glad she has stopped with the all-raw diet and eats cooked food pretty often now so she's less extreme. I don't understand how she and her husband make enough money to live in Hawaii when he works at a grocery store and a zipline place and she only makes money off YouTube.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I generally like her. I'm a (non raw) vegan so I find her information has been very helpful to me but sometimes she can be a bit extreme. One thing that bothers me is in some videos her youngest is not wearing any bottoms and I wish she didn't show that. There are a lot of creeps out there and she needs to be more careful.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

I love her! She's amazing!
And she's such a positive person and an inspiration in my life!
But I am also a non raw vegan since an early age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:Is Ellen her real name? I've watched a few of her vlog's. Don't like her.
Yeah, it's Ellen Fisher.

I enjoy the aesthetic of her videos and her kids are really cute, but her ideas are just completely taken from other YouTubers. She doesn't think for herself and believes so much pseudoscience. I am glad she has stopped with the all-raw diet and eats cooked food pretty often now so she's less extreme. I don't understand how she and her husband make enough money to live in Hawaii when he works at a grocery store and a zipline place and she only makes money off YouTube.

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too. They just bought a house, too
"I'm not on welfare, the government just pays for everything I have!" -Tayler Dawn

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

I'm honestly so surprised to see a thread on her! Don't see how anybody could have anything negative to say about such a positive and kind person!
She has a different lifestyle and outlook in life than most people but I don't feel that's a negative thing.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Oh also she sells ebooks for like $10 and she has a huge following in the vegan community so I'm pretty sure that's been reasonably lucrative for her along with YouTube/Instagram.

liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

I have literally zero interest in the vegan lifestyle or the vegan youtube drama that I guess exists? Lol but her videos popped up pretty often so I watched and got hooked. It's just so fascinating to watch their lives, which is totally different from mine, and the kids are so freaking adorable. I like her editing too. It's enjoyable to just watch them hangout at the beach and eat fruit all day. There's a whole lot I don't agree with from her (everything from her vaccine stance and unschooling, to not using sunscreen) but I can accept that's their approach to life and the culture of Hawaii is very different from mine in the Midwest. Not starting a debate- but she didn't really say what her vaccine stance was but made it pretty clear in my mind. A commenter with a ton of likes on the video she talks about it even said he looks forward to having his healthy vegan kids battle some harmless diseases throughout their life. UGH THE IGNORANCE. But that's it's own topic all together. I was so impressed to see that Elvis knew his states so well in one video so they are obviously teaching him things but I'm skeptical of the unschooling approach I'm pretty sure they're using....what if he grows up and wants to do something beyond working at a grocery store or tourist attraction like his dad. I hope he'll have the tools necessary to do that. I find their diet fascinating, it's seems like so much work to eat like that all the time lol, but they do seem to have a lot of time on their hands. Not for me, but I can admire their commitment. I like seeing what they make when they cook..I'm glad there's seemed to be more of that recently. The money thing has made me wonder too as well...they moved houses and I'm sure have to be spending a boat load on food costs. I guess the books are good supplemental income. Overall though, I think she's a great mom and providing her kids a really great life...and her videos are really enjoyable to watch and super interesting, even to non vegans. I look forward to her videos.

BornThisWay94
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

dnbunny wrote:I'm honestly so surprised to see a thread on her! Don't see how anybody could have anything negative to say about such a positive and kind person!
She has a different lifestyle and outlook in life than most people but I don't feel that's a negative thing.

I like Ellen, didn't make this to bash her lol. I think she's a good mom from what I see; her kids are too cute and will very most likely grow up to be well behaved young men. One thing I love about her parenting is that she's said although she's vegan, she teaches her children to love and accept everyone despite who they are or where they come from. She's a breath of fresh air compared to most of the vegans I watch!

berrybitch
Talker
Talker

Unread post by berrybitch »

She's definitely problematic but I'll occasionally watch her. I think most vegan youtubers are ridiculously arrogant and entitled but she's a little more chill/peaceful about it. I am lowkey jealous that she is able to live in Hawaii and spend all day at the beach with her kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

She's def one of the only vegan moms I like I like how well she raises her boys and how kind she is although some of her views are a little ridiculous she's well spoken and seems like a genuinely good person outside YouTube as well
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Does he actually nurse or does she just stick her boob out for him to latch and nothing comes out? She seems to whip it out in every video now and it doesn't seem like he's very interested maybe it's just me
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

blackroses wrote:Does he actually nurse or does she just stick her boob out for him to latch and nothing comes out? She seems to whip it out in every video now and it doesn't seem like he's very interested maybe it's just me
Lol No I believe he actually nurses. Lots of babies nurse for comfort rather than to eat. Especially at that age? My 2 year old constantly wants to nurse even after just eating. It's a bonding experience and some children (especially mine) will come to me to nurse when I'm busy or talking to people because they want to feel close and have my attention.

violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

she has a saggy face and cute teeth. I watch her videos when they pop up on my recommendations. She seems very sweet. Does anyone know how she is?

And I wish I lived in a warm area and had easy access to yummy fruits and vegetables.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Violet-Kelsey-Black, do you mean how old she is? I believe she's in her late 20's.

Although she clearly has her kids' best interests in mind, she is very problematic in how she handles "holistic health". When Sandy had a staph infection, she refused to give him antibiotics. When the problem got worse, she bathed him in bleach and applied colloidal silver orally. I have a very difficult time swallowing that a mother would rather bathe her son in bleach than give him a few doses of antibiotics, especially when he has a life-threatening infection. She also posts pictures where her sons' skin appears to be a very dark golden brown color from sun exposure. Part of that is probably how she edits the pictures, but it is not good for small kids to get that much sun exposure with no sunscreen. She doesn't seem to think for herself a lot and instead just dogmatically follows her gurus.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:Violet-Kelsey-Black, do you mean how old she is? I believe she's in her late 20's.

Although she clearly has her kids' best interests in mind, she is very problematic in how she handles "holistic health". When Sandy had a staph infection, she refused to give him antibiotics. When the problem got worse, she bathed him in bleach and applied colloidal silver orally. I have a very difficult time swallowing that a mother would rather bathe her son in bleach than give him a few doses of antibiotics, especially when he has a life-threatening infection. She also posts pictures where her sons' skin appears to be a very dark golden brown color from sun exposure. Part of that is probably how she edits the pictures, but it is not good for small kids to get that much sun exposure with no sunscreen. She doesn't seem to think for herself a lot and instead just dogmatically follows her gurus.
I didn't know that, that's awful! I didn't know she would rather risk her sons life than take him to a hospital for something so important.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

While I think that holistic health is good for some things, there are sometimes you need to go to the hospital- especially when your child's health is at risk! I find it's so sad that some of these youtube moms are so against the medical model. Hopefully nothing happens to their children as a result.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
hotcoffee
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hotcoffee »

dnbunny wrote:I'm honestly so surprised to see a thread on her! Don't see how anybody could have anything negative to say about such a positive and kind person!

This is how I feel! I love her, but don't share some of her views. I don't think she has an ounce of meanness anywhere in her.
I don't care about your life
violet-kelsey black
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by violet-kelsey black »

fossilfinger wrote:Violet-Kelsey-Black, do you mean how old she is? I believe she's in her late 20's.

What! I thought she was in her mid-30s. Wow I guess too much sun isn't doing so well for her and her husband.

Return to “I-P”