Knorpp and South | Part 1

gibberish
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Knorrp and South

Unread post by gibberish »

lurkerthatposts wrote: But, from what I understood from the video, it seems like they're trying to rent it for a while and then maybe buy? Not completely sure..
Megan said the sellers were open to allowing them to rent the house before it closes. She said they would need to get an inspection done and the offer has to go through, then they can rent.

Last house we sold, we had everything ready to go 30 days, but ended up waiting on the lawyer to fit the closing into his schedule. I think we only went 2 days past the original closing date. Sometimes, they shuffle things around. Made me anxious.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

I’m glad I found this thread. Does anyone else think Meghan is a bit rude at times to her viewers? Sometimes I think good gosh she is so rude! Maybe I’m just southern at heart and not into it. I know people in Utah are quit rude since I’ve been living her for over 6 years.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Mommy359 wrote:I’m glad I found this thread. Does anyone else think Meghan is a bit rude at times to her viewers? Sometimes I think good gosh she is so rude! Maybe I’m just southern at heart and not into it. I know people in Utah are quit rude since I’ve been living her for over 6 years.
I run hot, then cold on Megan. Sometimes it seems like she has a chip on her shoulder. Sometimes an artificial peppiness. Maybe she tries too hard. I dunno.

Re: the rudeness, I can't think of a specific example...but I think she'd be quick to cut somebody down if she thought they infringed on her/her beliefs, whether they intended to or not. Do you have a specific example of when she was rude to a viewer?
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

gibberish wrote:
Mommy359 wrote:I’m glad I found this thread. Does anyone else think Meghan is a bit rude at times to her viewers? Sometimes I think good gosh she is so rude! Maybe I’m just southern at heart and not into it. I know people in Utah are quit rude since I’ve been living her for over 6 years.
I run hot, then cold on Megan. Sometimes it seems like she has a chip on her shoulder. Sometimes an artificial peppiness. Maybe she tries too hard. I dunno.

Re: the rudeness, I can't think of a specific example...but I think she'd be quick to cut somebody down if she thought they infringed on her/her beliefs, whether they intended to or not. Do you have a specific example of when she was rude to a viewer?

I totally agree with you about Meghan. I remember thinking omg she’s so rude during some of the vlogs. I’ve also seen her be combative with people in the comments. Meghan was saying something like she is a pro at remembering everything she says and other people did chime in and say they remember what the commenter was saying and that Meghan was not forever etc.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Oh, in the comments! I'll pay more attention to the comments going forward. Thx!

My eyes popped out re: Mike being the "drill sergeant". I thought - Woah! That's kinda strong dude. Then I thought it over. I bet it's hard to get ANY new system in place with so many kids needing to understand the new way of doing things. It wouldn't take but a hot minute for the house to be totally trashed with 9 kids not picking up after themselves. I'm glad they're paying for jobs that are more house upkeep, as bathrooms, vacuuming, laundry etc.

I thought Megan was pretty smart letting Mike handle the training/explaining. haha... She just tagged along adding a few comments. 'Course she was filming. ;)
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

gibberish wrote:Oh, in the comments! I'll pay more attention to the comments going forward. Thx!

My eyes popped out re: Mike being the "drill sergeant". I thought - Woah! That's kinda strong dude. Then I thought it over. I bet it's hard to get ANY new system in place with so many kids needing to understand the new way of doing things. It wouldn't take but a hot minute for the house to be totally trashed with 9 kids not picking up after themselves. I'm glad they're paying for jobs that are more house upkeep, as bathrooms, vacuuming, laundry etc.

I thought Megan was pretty smart letting Mike handle the training/explaining. haha... She just tagged along adding a few comments. 'Course she was filming. ;)
Lol.. I was actually thinking that was strange Mike was the drill Sargent breaking down chores etc. my husband would have left that to me and he would have followed. What is Meghan’s roll exactly? Mike even baked the cookies. So weird.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

If they're so Doterra rich, why did they buy such crap mattresses for their kids?? Those aren't designed to hold more than about 75 pounds, so lots of the kids are going to be uncomfortable.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

OldHag wrote:If they're so Doterra rich, why did they buy such crap mattresses for their kids?? Those aren't designed to hold more than about 75 pounds, so lots of the kids are going to be uncomfortable.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I was shocked to see such awful mattresses for the kids. Wow!
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Meghan's silly extensions are distracting. And with that hat on the house tour, it looks like she's trying to be 21. In 1971.

She's so bossy! I like this, we're gonna do this, etc etc and Mike says uhh yeah, hmm maybe. He seems like a very nice guy. He must just hate being in charge and hopefully Mr. Meghan running the show works for him.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

The hat and hair were totally distracting. I kept thinking move the hat up some. It was like in her eyes practically. You know, I’m not into them. I liked them at first. They seemed so down to earth and wanted to travel and that was cool. Meghan has this weird attitude that is showing now and I think that was always the real Meghan and now she’s just being herself. She’s adjusted to the camera and now we see exactly who she is. I don’t think she’s nice. She seems very difficult. I don’t like her.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Knorrp and South

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I’ve always found something about Meghan to be off and rude as well. She has a very “I’m right, you’re wrong” “my way or the highway” attitude. I remember a video where they were touring I think their France home and one of the little boys was being super obnoxious following them around through the whole video. A lot of people politely made suggestions to ask him to leave or be quiet when filming such videos and she rudely responded saying this is our life we’ll film however we want. Like good for sticking up for your family and doing things your way I guess but you’re not gonna make good quality content with that attitude. I think they became popular because they have an interesting family and were doing cool things traveling, not because of her amazing personality or dedication to making great content. I think their popularity will wane as they just stay in a single place for a while.

On another note, wow that house is huge. Their doterra business has to be making them a freaking fortune. I like the house. It’s modern but still has some character and interesting features.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

Meghan seems quite cold, even with the kids a lot of the time. I can't picture her taking care of tiny babies, I wonder if Mike helped a lot.

I really like the house too. That fridge, haha, green with envy! Though I did think oooh, that will cost a lot to repair... and two dishwashers, twice the leak potential...
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Tiger27 wrote:I’ve always found something about Meghan to be off and rude as well. She has a very “I’m right, you’re wrong” “my way or the highway” attitude. I remember a video where they were touring I think their France home and one of the little boys was being super obnoxious following them around through the whole video. A lot of people politely made suggestions to ask him to leave or be quiet when filming such videos and she rudely responded saying this is our life we’ll film however we want. Like good for sticking up for your family and doing things your way I guess but you’re not gonna make good quality content with that attitude. I think they became popular because they have an interesting family and were doing cool things traveling, not because of her amazing personality or dedication to making great content. I think their popularity will wane as they just stay in a single place for a while.

On another note, wow that house is huge. Their doterra business has to be making them a freaking fortune. I like the house. It’s modern but still has some character and interesting features.

Yeah, I agree with you as well. She is very snippy and rude. I think a lot of their followers will get bored and move on to other youtubers. I signed onto them because they adopted several kids and the RV traveling. I thought she was going to talk more about the adoption process, but I don’t believe she ever really did. The oils must be making plenty of money. Othwise it doesn’t make sense. We’ll never know exactly they aren’t super open and/or honest about much. They said they won’t show the kids bedrooms and I wonder why that is exactly. Is there some kind of reason. Jordan page has said the same thing. Makes no sense to me. They’ve shown the entire house and the kids. It’s strange. Lol
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Mommy359 wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I’ve always found something about Meghan to be off and rude as well. She has a very “I’m right, you’re wrong” “my way or the highway” attitude. I remember a video where they were touring I think their France home and one of the little boys was being super obnoxious following them around through the whole video. A lot of people politely made suggestions to ask him to leave or be quiet when filming such videos and she rudely responded saying this is our life we’ll film however we want. Like good for sticking up for your family and doing things your way I guess but you’re not gonna make good quality content with that attitude. I think they became popular because they have an interesting family and were doing cool things traveling, not because of her amazing personality or dedication to making great content. I think their popularity will wane as they just stay in a single place for a while.

Yeah, I agree with you as well. She is very snippy and rude. I think a lot of their followers will get bored and move on to other youtubers. I signed onto them because they adopted several kids and the RV traveling. I thought she was going to talk more about the adoption process, but I don’t believe she ever really did. The oils must be making plenty of money. Othwise it doesn’t make sense. We’ll never know exactly they aren’t super open and/or honest about much. They said they won’t show the kids bedrooms and I wonder why that is exactly. Is there some kind of reason. Jordan page has said the same thing. Makes no sense to me. They’ve shown the entire house and the kids. It’s strange. Lol
I remember on Little people big world years ago, they stopped showing the kids bed rooms so they always had a private place of their own where they could escape the camera. I would hope that a child could just say I don’t want to be filmed and that’d be enough. I like the idea of having a private space for the kids because really they (the younger ones at least) never consented to being on camera and having their lives put out there for the world. They do seem to have a lot more respect for their children’s autonomy and privacy than other YouTube parents. But I read the comments and it said Elijah vlogged all the kids rooms on his channel so who knows...
gibberish
Informer
Informer

The kids rooms are not really set up. Mattresses on the floor. Boxes and bags. No real furniture. Sharing: Elijah and Daniel. Esther and Pearl. Andrew, Peter and Asher. Eve and Jude.
schnapperin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by schnapperin »

gibberish wrote:The kids rooms are not really set up. Mattresses on the floor. Boxes and bags. No real furniture. Sharing: Elijah and Daniel. Esther and Pearl. Andrew, Peter and Asher. Eve and Jude.
And the masterroom looks pretty good already- one would think they put the kids first specially with them "needing a home base" the reason to stop travelling that quick
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Thanks so much.
lurkerthatposts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurkerthatposts »

Mommy359 wrote:
OldHag wrote:If they're so Doterra rich, why did they buy such crap mattresses for their kids?? Those aren't designed to hold more than about 75 pounds, so lots of the kids are going to be uncomfortable.

I was wondering the exact same thing. I was shocked to see such awful mattresses for the kids. Wow!
I was thinking the mattresses were just there for the time being while they went out to look for better things? They were out of the Airbnb fast and needed to sleep there that night and that might have been all they could get, at least I hope that's the situation. If that house is going to be a home base for the next few years, those kids are definitely going to need better beds to grown into as most of them are on the verge of puberty.

I will say I kind of like the sporadic-ness of the vlogs as they do pack a good amount of footage into each of them that doesn't seem forced like some of the other family daily-vloggers that run out of content fast. The kids at least seem to always be authentic and just doing what they want to do without worrying too much about a camera, which is something you don't see a ton anymore. I liked the downtime in the mother's day vlog, Asher's fort actually looked pretty cool and I was really impressed that Pearl was soldering. Some of the 'mother's day appreciation' stuff looked a little forced to me but I guess it always does when you're on camera.

I've noticed Elijah has really been shying away from the parent channel recently, maybe obviously trying to avoid being in the videos? Thoughts? Maybe it's to do with his own channel branding and trying to be independent?
Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

Meagan was diagnosis with stage 2 melanoma
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Momto3boys wrote:Meagan was diagnosis with stage 2 melanoma
That's scary news! I'm happy to hear Megan got it removed quickly and is in better spirits.

PSA: Don't wait, go have your questionable moles looked at by a Doctor. The sooner the better.

Return to “I-P”