Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jamerrill Stewart (Homeschool mom of 7 [soon to be 8])

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

I'm honestly surprised about the pregnancy. I don't know why. I know she loves kids. I don't think she just loves the baby stage like some other moms seem to do, her kids seem pretty content.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Pregnant with baby 9 at 41. The fact that she didn't do a YouTube announcement and then seemed almost annoyed in her baby haul video well I announced it so if you didn't hear not my fault.

Apparently now she's shilling a course. The photo that goes along with this is one of her grocery hauls.

"Healthy living has never been a more important topic than it is in 2020. But it can feel utterly overwhelming to know where to begin, what baby steps to implement, and how to do it all on a budget!

If you want to craft a healthier home, then I have the PERFECT new resource for you. Introducing the Crafting a Healthy Home Online Conference. It features 12 conference sessions that cover a whole range of healthy living topics from detoxing to homesteading to balancing hormones and more!"

Detoxing and "balancing hormones" I wonder how long until she's selling oils or at least dropping a code on how to save money on them.
shilohjulia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shilohjulia »

Baby #9 is a boy and they’re pretty sure he’s going to be named Tobin Josiah. She’s due in April I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

shilohjulia wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:29 pm Baby #9 is a boy and they’re pretty sure he’s going to be named Tobin Josiah. She’s due in April I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like her sit down and chat videos. For sure I was thinking "girl" but it was a boy. I wonder if they will call him "Toby" as a nickname.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

I actually quite like Jamerill. Her food is generally slop, but her children are rarely in her videos and I really like that - she hasn't gone down the road of other family channels using their kids to make money. Her pregnancy is also quite refreshing compared to a lot of the other youtube parents - there won't be any bump pics in tight clothing or over the top gender reveals etc - you can just tell that she is very happy to be pregnant and excited about the little guy.
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Hyacinth wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:23 pm I actually quite like Jamerill. Her food is generally slop, but her children are rarely in her videos and I really like that - she hasn't gone down the road of other family channels using their kids to make money. Her pregnancy is also quite refreshing compared to a lot of the other youtube parents - there won't be any bump pics in tight clothing or over the top gender reveals etc - you can just tell that she is very happy to be pregnant and excited about the little guy.
I like her as well. She takes 100% responsibility for her kids. She isn't showing her oldest get married or her daughter Naomi learning to shave. She respects their privacy.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

CognitiveDissonance wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:50 pm
Hyacinth wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:23 pm I actually quite like Jamerill. Her food is generally slop, but her children are rarely in her videos and I really like that - she hasn't gone down the road of other family channels using their kids to make money. Her pregnancy is also quite refreshing compared to a lot of the other youtube parents - there won't be any bump pics in tight clothing or over the top gender reveals etc - you can just tell that she is very happy to be pregnant and excited about the little guy.
I like her as well. She takes 100% responsibility for her kids. She isn't showing her oldest get married or her daughter Naomi learning to shave. She respects their privacy.
Exactly - she could have well gone down the money making route of a lot of the other youtube families, but she has obviously been really specific in deciding not to do that and I really respect her for it.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I do respect her giving them privacy. I think she'll explote the hell out of this baby tho. Every video she puts out is sponsored.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Yes, for the most part the kids have little to do with her videos which is amazing for a full time YouTube mom.
itsame
Talker
Talker

Unread post by itsame »

I was just watching one of this woman's clean with me videos in her newest house (sorry I don't remember which vid it was) and she pulls an empty cereal bar box out of a basket on top of the fridge, and a roach straight up just crawls out of it like it's nothing. I had to rewind a few times in disbelief, then scrolled down to the comments to see if anyone else had seen it, but no one had. :?
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lurkylou »

I have a love / hate relationship with Jamerrill.

I love that she vlogs about her family without exploiting her children. You see them running around in the background, but she rarely if ever shoves a camera in the face and invades their privacy. I love that she encourages Moms to do what works for them and she'll do what works for her. I also appreciate that they are not flashy or overly materialistic. They may spend large amounts on money on things but they genuinely use the things they buy and appreciate them. I also think she and her husband have great work ethics and it's carried over to their children.

I hate her cooking / recipe videos. Her family eats a lot of processed foods. The point of homesteading is so you can work towards being self-sufficient and live a healthier lifestyle in general. They still eat the same as they did pre-homestead. I hate her overall aesthetic. She says they're country but honestly, their home looks dirty and cluttered all the time. I genuinely hope that when winter finally does come for them and they are spending more time in doors she does she what she says she will and focuses on cleaning up the basement and expanding their living areas. The last thing I hate is her preaching. I am not religious. Religion doesn't bother me. I watch tons of channels that are run by religious folks. Jamerrill is the only one who breaks out in a sermon, mid-video. It gives me this impression that she isn't as stable as she presents herself to be. I wouldn't be surprised if she is one of these religious nuts who tells you that you're going to hell in mid-conversation. It just make her seem hypocritical. Preaching acceptance doesn't just start and stop with you. If you want people to be accepting of the way you chose to do things then you must be prepared to give it as well.
itsame
Talker
Talker

Unread post by itsame »

I definitely do like how Jamerrill doesn't take advantage of the kids in her videos. I just wish they had a home with more rooms for them. I was watching her old house tour of the forest house (beautiful home!), and it was like when people breed Sims to see how many kids can fit in a household for fun. You know- you've got like two cribs and three toddler beds lined up in the guest room. The parents are angry because everything smells, garbage is piling up and all the kids are crying or there's at least one playing in the toilet.

If you play that game, don't tell me you haven't done it.

But the difference is this is real life. I get that she loves being a mom and maybe- oh I don't know- ignores her ever looming chronic depression by constantly surrounding herself with new and exciting things and experiences. *cough* You know, do what you will. Just make sure all of the damn children you create have a safe space to get away for a bit.
potatopotato123453

Unread post by potatopotato123453 »

I live in England, live a frugal life in a town with many food options raging from health food shops to cheap supermarkets and I have never come across any food as processed or plastic looking as the cr*p Jamerrill buys. Buying great big bags of grated 'cheddar' which we all know is that horrible, plastic, doesn't-melt, funky looking orange stuff that looks like shavings of Trump's skin. She claims to be healthy (occasionally) and buys plenty of fruit and veg most of the time but the cr*p she cooks with is pure poison. A bag of cooked bacon bits? Ready cooked frozen vegetables? This isn't saving her time it's just getting her to pump more chemicals into her and her kids' bodies! Her meals are basic at best and never have any good seasoning! She uses salt and pepper and serves it up! Her soups are just chunky vegetables and salty water, her potato dishes look bland and uninviting and covered in cheese. I won't even start on her Shepherd's pie- it's really not supposed to look like dog food covered in potato. And it definitely shouldn't have cheese on it! What a disgusting, nasal woman. I swear she always sounds like she's got a runny nose about to drip into whatever bland mush she serves. Yuck! :x
youmustbecrazy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by youmustbecrazy »

I don’t know how old the video was, but one of her videos started auto playing because I was watching a different family cooking video. Her hair wasn’t done and she wasn’t wearing any make-up and she looked so much better than usual! She looked younger and more human to look at. She should ease up on the same heavy makeup all the time, she looks amazing without it.
itsame
Talker
Talker

Unread post by itsame »

youmustbecrazy wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 am I don’t know how old the video was, but one of her videos started auto playing because I was watching a different family cooking video. Her hair wasn’t done and she wasn’t wearing any make-up and she looked so much better than usual! She looked younger and more human to look at. She should ease up on the same heavy makeup all the time, she looks amazing without it.
Agreed! She wears a lot of colors that don't suit her hair, skin and eyes these days- mustard tops and yellowy tan eyeshadows. So yeah, when I see older videos of her too and she's not wearing as much makeup, or the makeup is more in line with her coloring, it looks so much better.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

80085 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 pm They're naming the new crotchfruit "Tobin". All I can think is Peter Tobin. Of course, he'll be "Toby", but still. Jesus. At least be merciful enough to name him Tobias, it's still biblical.
I think Tobin is just fine, but I do not know Peter Tobin. I think that when you name your kid, the name will start to look like the kid, not the other way round.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Has anyone watched her lastest vlog about her pregnancy? I confess to liking Jammerill (apart from her cooking lol) and I enjoyed her lastest vlog - she came across as really genuine about respecting that people make their own choices about what they do or don't do - most of the 'influencers' come across as their way being perfect/ superior.
Hereforthemamadrama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hereforthemamadrama »

I enjoy her I love her videos minus her cooking 🤢 my god it’s like she feeding her kids slop she can definitely make more appetizing food but I do get it more work I cook for 8 people 10 on a busy day and it’s not nearly as much work as she makes it seem all my bowls are normal size mixing Bowles lol it’s really just an extra pan of meat and a big pot of whatever side and big pot of veggie/salad. A lot of her kids are old enough to make themselves cereal or toast and eggs or whatever. But whatever her kids know no different other than her mushy slop food she overall is a great mom and does keep her children off youtube which I respect her for seeing them here and there is great but atleast we aren’t seeing them in the bath or potty training or diaper changes or anything like that
Hereforthemamadrama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hereforthemamadrama »

I enjoy her I love her videos minus her cooking 🤢 my god it’s like she feeding her kids slop she can definitely make more appetizing food but I do get it more work I cook for 8 people 10 on a busy day and it’s not nearly as much work as she makes it seem all my bowls are normal size mixing Bowles lol it’s really just an extra pan of meat and a big pot of whatever side and big pot of veggie/salad. A lot of her kids are old enough to make themselves cereal or toast and eggs or whatever. But whatever her kids know no different other than her mushy slop food she overall is a great mom and does keep her children off youtube which I respect her for seeing them here and there is great but atleast we aren’t seeing them in the bath or potty training or diaper changes or anything like that
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Hereforthemamadrama wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:51 pm I enjoy her I love her videos minus her cooking 🤢 my god it’s like she feeding her kids slop she can definitely make more appetizing food but I do get it more work I cook for 8 people 10 on a busy day and it’s not nearly as much work as she makes it seem all my bowls are normal size mixing Bowles lol it’s really just an extra pan of meat and a big pot of whatever side and big pot of veggie/salad. A lot of her kids are old enough to make themselves cereal or toast and eggs or whatever. But whatever her kids know no different other than her mushy slop food she overall is a great mom and does keep her children off youtube which I respect her for seeing them here and there is great but atleast we aren’t seeing them in the bath or potty training or diaper changes or anything like that
I really like her as well minus the cooking lol.

Return to “I-P”