Parsnips and Parsimony

gibberish
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Parsnips and Parsimony

Unread post by gibberish »

Anyone follow Janelle on facebook? I just found Janelle Sunshine there...it's more current, but I haven't had time to read much of it yet.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I've looked at it. It is certainly more up do date than their YouTube vlogs and there are actually comments there too.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Amazing! LOL Their pantry is once again in a mess?? When is it never in a mess? hahaha! I don't understand how they can let things go to the the extent that they do. Janelle is definitely a hoarder when it comes to food.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I wonder if Janelle didn't get enough food as a kid -but- then hoards food only to ration her kids.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

From what she has said over the last few years, Janelle was brought up in a very similar way to how she is raising their kids. She was homeschooled and has stated that she spent a lot of time alone as she only had one brother. I get the feeling that her mother is quite controlling as Janelle herself is, so she really doesn't know anything different. I wouldn't be surprised if her hoarding issues (including food) come from her childhood. Of course, Art is also a hoarder, so that doesn't help either.

When you think about both parents, those poor kids have got little hope of every being anything except social misfits.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

The name of this channel always makes me think its a WITCHCRAFT channel
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

IHateCilantro wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:02 pm The name of this channel always makes me think its a WITCHCRAFT channel
hahaha! :D
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I haven't commented on this family for ages because they just aren't worth it, to be honest .... but I couldn't help but come here when I looked at their Christmas vlog. Once again they gave all the kids mostly food!! I don't understand they reasoning. Poor kids! Imagine opening up your Christmas presents and getting animal crackers, cookies, sultanas and cheerios!!

These should all be things they get to eat throughout the year (albeit as a treat) not as a Christmas present! Not to mention the toothbrushes, etc, that also were wrapped as presents. Toothbrushes? Surely they would be something you just supply your child with ... not as a special present at Christmas! Next thing you know they will be giving them toilet paper ... LOL ... because they have said that they ration that very frugally as well.

Good to see that at least they did have a few toys in there as well. Poor kids having such cheapskate parents!!
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They got those things super cheap with coupons. Poor kids. I can't imagine that. Although I think they don't expect anything at this point. I wonder if you're allowed to hoard your gift crackers or if they become communal in the pantry property.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I'll bet they are just put into the pantry along with the rest of the food ....except for any chocolate that Janelle might get. She would scoff that down in front of the kids as she usually does. Baby Daniel got a whole large box of cherries. I really can't see him being allowed to eat all of that. It would become communal property. So sad!

They said that the one thing John has been hankering for is a drone. So they got him a cheap tiny plastic thing that looks as if it works by remote control. Certainly not a real drone. I'll bet though that if Janelle wanted a drone to vlog with, that they would get one quick smart.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

These kids are going to have no self control when they're older. the second they can have enough to eat, buy things they enjoy, eat chocolate etc they will over do it.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

They absolutely are.

In fact I've noticed in the past few months a shift in Charity's attitude and appearance. I think she is already beginning to branch out now that she is a bit more independent and has a job. She was quite sarcastic in a comment she made in one of the Christmas vlogs and she is wearing makeup, doing nice hairstyles and generally looking happier. I think she is discovering that there is life beyond her parents' house. Way to go Charity! I hope it continues.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I told myself months ago that I was done with this family and wouldn't comment again, but I just can't help myself at the moment.

What really bugs me is that they profess to be such a caring Christian family. Yet not once ... not ONE single time ... since the world has been experiencing this crisis during the past couple of months have they even mentioned anyone apart from themselves. I have kept watching their vlogs, hopeful that they eventually will, but they never have. It is only about themselves.

There hasn't been one single statement about people suffering, people having a hard time in lockdown, people dying!! They live in the state of NY, surrounded by countless deaths and they can't even stir themselves out their own little bubble once to acknowledge how hard this is on everyone. Not one time!!

They are selfish, narcissistic people.

Everything is about them. Janelle has even had the hide to smile happily into the camera and carry on about how lockdown has been good for them because they are getting so much done around the house. She also talks about them being in isolation, yet they have all gone out driving several times for things that are NOT essential. Buying chickens is NOT essential. Hardware is NOT essential. Bulk food purchases are NOT essential.

She gleefully keeps smiling into the camera and stating that their lives aren't very different through all of this and she seems so happy about it all. She is having fun while people are dying not far from her family. I thought she would have classes herself as an essential worker with her role as an emergency worker, but again ... not ONE single mention of it or of her being on duty down there.

I give up on them. I always thought they were weird, but I really thought that underneath their quirky ways they were quite good people who cared about others. I realise now that they don't. They make me SO SO mad and SO SO sad that there are people like them in the world.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So many of these ultra Christian YouTubers don't seem to hold the values they claim they do. So selfish and self-serving. So basically the only change is no church and no yard sales to fill up the house with more crap.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Yep!! Absolutely right! Janelle seems quite gleeful about the situation.
Mischief
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Discord name: Mischief

Unread post by Mischief »

Follow link for new thread: viewtopic.php?p=1715369#p1715369 :fit2:

Return to “I-P”