Parsnips and Parsimony

dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Parsnips and Parsimony

Unread post by dahell »

weed wrote:It was refreshing to see them nearly finish an entire project ... namely the front porch. It looks lovely. I suspect it was the fact that they had a builder involved in it though that made Art actually keep to a schedule. I don't understand why they are doing the garden and the porch swing though if they haven't actually finished the railings first. I would think that would make more sense.

I really wish they would sometimes tell those kids to be quiet and wait without having to put up with the constant whining from them to see what is happening. Mary and Grace are the worst of course because they are little, but it is hard to hear them at times because of the constant "lets me see" and "let me have a turn" etc right next to the camera.
I understand that they are trying to be very patient with the little kids, but there does come a time when kids have to be told "no, wait until I am finished".
I totally agree. It’s wonderful to teach kids to patiently, quietly wait until it’s their turn to speak. My kiddos aren’t perfect by any stretch of the imagination (and me even less so) but I can’t STAND a whiny kid. Sometimes it’s totally just the way a kid seems to speak. I just can’t deal.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

Surprise! Janelle's pregnant.

Okay, maybe not a huge surprise. Due end of Jan / beginning of Feb 2019.

Unread post by Guest »

I cannot believe these people. Their defense, “it’s no one else’s business,” might hold if they were actually able to adequately support the family they already have, but they can’t. They admit to being on free state health insurance, barely eat (except Janelle,) and ration their damn toilet paper. On the bright side, perhaps this will push them to give Charity her own space on the third floor. Or not, because who will handle nighttime care if not her?
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

One of the reasons they used a midwife is they can't afford other medical care.

She doesn't even really seem to like the kids she has.

More work for Charity.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

I thought she was pregnant (as did many other people judging by the comments on youTube during the past few weeks) as she didn't hide it very well. All that talk about how unwell she was made it so obvious. LOL Of course we will be treated to seeing the midwife visits to which all the kids are dragged along to experience. Janelle can't even visit her midwife without making it a full family experience. I wonder what John thinks about having to accompany his mother to the midwife? LOL

I pray that it is a girl so that they are finally FORCED to give Charity her own room. Surely six girls couldn't possible fit into that tiny room?

They are also buying rubbish at thrift stores and yard sales again. They just don't seem to be able to stop, do they?
gibberish
Informer
Informer

weed wrote:I thought she was pregnant (as did many other people judging by the comments on youTube during the past few weeks) as she didn't hide it very well. All that talk about how unwell she was made it so obvious. LOL Of course we will be treated to seeing the midwife visits to which all the kids are dragged along to experience. Janelle can't even visit her midwife without making it a full family experience. I wonder what John thinks about having to accompany his mother to the midwife? LOL

I pray that it is a girl so that they are finally FORCED to give Charity her own room. Surely six girls couldn't possible fit into that tiny room?

They are also buying rubbish at thrift stores and yard sales again. They just don't seem to be able to stop, do they?
The girls room has 2 sets of bunk beds (Charity, Lydia, Mary, and 1 empty), a toddler bed (Grace), and a crib (Lillian). So, Grace moves to a bunk, Lillian moves to the toddler...and tah dah! an empty crib for the new baby - regardless of gender.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Well that's a shame. It seems that there is no way out for Charity at all. They are so unfair to that girl!
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm starting to believe Charity will be like Jana and not be allowed to marry\leave until her youngest sibling is old enough to take care of herself. Janelle won't be willing to give up her unpaid servant.
dahell
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dahell »

Eagleroo wrote:I cannot believe these people. Their defense, “it’s no one else’s business,” might hold if they were actually able to adequately support the family they already have, but they can’t. They admit to being on free state health insurance, barely eat (except Janelle,) and ration their damn toilet paper. On the bright side, perhaps this will push them to give Charity her own space on the third floor. Or not, because who will handle nighttime care if not her?
Have they really said they were on the state insurance? I never knew that. Not surprising though. How can they possibly afford anything with Art’s lack of work. I’m, personally, for supporting people in their choice of kids (or no kids) but these people are starting to annoy me now. They have zero schedule/routine, they can’t keep up with their home. Geez.

Unread post by Guest »

Janelle mentioned their health care situation in reply to a comment a few months ago. It was around the time Charity got her hair cut. I love big families, and there’s nothing shameful about needing assistance, but their choices don’t lend themselves to admiration.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

These people are moochers on the system ... pure and simple.

I used to think they were a nice family who just had a few idiosyncracies, but they really really annoy me now. They hold themselves up as lovely parents who homeschool their kids because they believe it is best for them and they are SO far ahead of their peers, when in reality it suits them to homeschool because it saves money, it means that Janelle has help with the younger children and they never have to keep to a schedule. They are so snotty whenever anyone criticises their choice in this and are very quick to state how advance their kids are. Nope! Not buying it! They don't get the fact that they can't just isolate their kids from society and also expect them to be productive members of that same society when they are adults. They give them NO experiences with their own peers or how to deal with the real world and act as if they are superior because of it.

They won't even give their kids the freedom to pursue their own interests, but have the older two mirroring their parents in their choices of activity. For Charity it is home and hearth ... crocheting and cooking and being a good housewife. For John it is doing what his father did ... CAPS. The younger ones will also be expected to fall into line when their turns come.

Their kids are not allowed to be individuals in any way. Charity can't even escape from her much-younger sisters at night by being given her own room. Most of the time when they are out she is expected to either have a child on her back or by the hand. Their only outings are grocery shopping or going to the library. Even their holidays are to the place where Janelle went every summer as a child with her family. Everything revolves around Janelle in that household. Even John's interest in birds seems to have initially begun because Janelle was interested in birds as a child.

They will sponge off the system when it suits them (as in health care and schooling) and then turn it into a "aren't we wonderful" moment whenever possible. The very first post on this thread mentioned how they were "humble-braggy" and it is spot on! They have such a HIGH option of themselves and make themselves out to be superior to the rest of society because they are the only ones who know enough to live their lives in a simplistic way without spending too much money.

Well guess what? They aren't! They do NOT have all the answers that they think they do and are causing their children to grow up to be miserable adults. They are causing irreparable damage to those kids and I hope that one of them in years to come has the guts to stand up and tell them so!

I am so totally over them. Even Art's little quirky ways are beginning to wear thin with me. He needs to grow a backbone, stand up to his shrew of a wife and say enough is enough. Put the kids first for once!

Sorry for the rant, but they are so hard to take lately. This new baby will only be cause for Janelle to grab the spotlight yet again and soak up lots of attention. We will be treated to months of midwife visits (with the whole family in tow) as well as watch Janelle scoff whole chocolate cakes (as she did last time) while her kids look on. This will be explained by "mummy's pregnancy cravings" when in fact we all know she is a selfish git who will always put herself first.

I sincerely hope they read here and see what is being written about them. They need to know that not everyone thinks they are as wonderful as they think they are themselves. I think they are horrible parents.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

The front of the house / porch and the new gardens look really lovely although I do wish that Janelle would stop referring to it all as MY garden and MY plants instead of OURS. Everything with her is about herself.

Isn't this Art's busy time at work? there doesn't seem to be any mention of him having a lot of do at the moment, but in past years it was made out to be a really big thing. He mustn't have as much work to do as in previous years as he is always at the house and never at work. I really find it difficult to work out how they get any income at all considering how little paid work he actually does.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Whenever they say it's Art's busy time we'll see him at the store for a few hours with most if not all of the kids and he spends as much time keeping the kids out of things as doing any work. You'd think he'd be trying to get school instrument orders right now but it doesn't look like he seeks work and just does what people bring him. Very odd way to run a business.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Art has talked about going back to work after dinner...in several vids in the past. Something about being a night owl...he works late into the night and comes home to everyone asleep.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Maybe he can only get work done when the kids are asleep.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Poor guy never gets a break from those kids and it will only get worse in the next few months while Janelle is pregnant and then when the new baby is born.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

Why does Janelle always refer to this as hers instead of theirs? In the latest vlog she constantly using the word MY when referring to everything in the garden. Doesn't Art count for anything? It is always MY tomatoes, MY cucumbers, MY plants etc.

Also she constantly interrupts him. she asks him several questions during the blog and then doesn't let him even finish answering before interrupting him. She really annoys me.
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

They are getting quite a lot of criticism about the negativity of their comments in the shopping mall. Art and Peter are being accused of being quite rude about the shops and all the useless things they sell. I don't think it is out of character for Art to talk like that as he is often very critical of shopping in general which is why I don't understand why Janelle insists on taking him, and the kids who aren't interested, along with her.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They'd know a thing or two about useless things wouldn't they?
weed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by weed »

^^ ;) :D

Return to “I-P”