maullaban
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Life as a Mommy

Unread post by maullaban »

playinwitme wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:37 am
maullaban wrote:This girl's pronunciation.. she literally pronounces eggs as 'X' and her singing in her vlogs is cringe af.
Not to be that annoying person, but I think she pronounces it like that Bc she speaks Spanish. In Spanish you don’t really pronounce g’s as harshly as we do in American English.
I know, I speak Spanish too, but she's been here since she was around 7 years old, went to school here in the US and English seems to be her stronger language so it's strange that she still has those problems!
playinwitme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by playinwitme »

maullaban wrote:
maullaban wrote:This girl's pronunciation.. she literally pronounces eggs as 'X' and her singing in her vlogs is cringe af.
Not to be that annoying person, but I think she pronounces it like that Bc she speaks Spanish. In Spanish you don’t really pronounce g’s as harshly as we do in American English.
I know, I speak Spanish too, but she's been here since she was around 7 years old, went to school here in the US and English seems to be her stronger language so it's strange that she still has those problems!
I guess, but I really don’t think it’s that weird. My boyfriend learned Spanish before English and he grew up in the states, but still has an accent. It’s not that uncommon to have your first language influence your second language, even if you’ve been speaking both your whole life. (Sorry I’m a linguistics major so this stuff is really interesting to me ImageImage I’m really not trying to be annoying haha)
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

KLothbrock wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 pm And I finally found a thred. Seems likeable but she bugs the hell out of me. Who buys a 800$ stroller but lives in a 1 bedroom apartment and is pregnant with their second child. I'm sorry instead of dropping 800$ WITHOUT all the accessories on a stroller maybe just maybe lease a bigger apartment. They already have one baby in their room how would a second work? ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

A lotta naive young parents buy EVERYTHING and only need 1/4th of it.
They dont necessarily buy it for show, they buy it cause they think you need all of it.
Especially with their first child.
Then they end up only using the crib and the stroller.
I bought the entire black, white and red Graco baby suite from Toys R Us when my son was born and
I never used 3/4ths of it. I ended up buying a car seat stroller convertor and donating everything.
I will never get buying expensive changing tables. Just change the baby on a towel on the floor or crib.
Im not carrying a wet bulging diaper, crying baby upstairs to change him on a table.
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
maullaban
Talker
Talker

playinwitme wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 pm
maullaban wrote:

I guess, but I really don’t think it’s that weird. My boyfriend learned Spanish before English and he grew up in the states, but still has an accent. It’s not that uncommon to have your first language influence your second language, even if you’ve been speaking both your whole life. (Sorry I’m a linguistics major so this stuff is really interesting to me ImageImage I’m really not trying to be annoying haha)
Yeah, that makes sense, not annoying at all! I just thought she was mispronouncing stuff to sound unique cause I notice some Youtuber's do that,..
playinwitme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by playinwitme »

maullaban wrote:
maullaban wrote: I know, I speak Spanish too, but she's been here since she was around 7 years old, went to school here in the US and English seems to be her stronger language so it's strange that she still has those problems!
Yeah, that makes sense, not annoying at all! I just thought she was mispronouncing stuff to sound unique cause I notice some Youtuber's do that,..
That’s true. I actually noticed that too. I think Abigail does it sometimes actually, where she adds a vowel in between ends of words. So she sounds like “Hey-uh guys-uh. Isn’t-uh this-uh so-uh cyooot-uh!!” Thats obviously a little exaggerated but so many youtubers do that and it’s so annoying to me.

Also did anyone see her tweet about wanting another baby lol
maullaban
Talker
Talker

playinwitme wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:53 pm
maullaban wrote:

That’s true. I actually noticed that too. I think Abigail does it sometimes actually, where she adds a vowel in between ends of words. So she sounds like “Hey-uh guys-uh. Isn’t-uh this-uh so-uh cyooot-uh!!” Thats obviously a little exaggerated but so many youtubers do that and it’s so annoying to me.

Also did anyone see her tweet about wanting another baby lol
She wants a boy so bad, watch it be another girl though! I don't know how these mommies have so many babies close in age.. shes still really young too so shes got plenty of time to wait if she wants one more. My baby's the same age as Kami and I don't want another baby ANYTIME soon.
milu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by milu »

A friend recommended her to me, at first I thought I could relate to her (my parents are Mexican) and that she seemed genuine. But everything seems so fake and she seems desperate to seem “rich”. Also, is anyone else bothered by the way she dresses? She walks around with her kids showing of her butt in skimpy outfits. She has a great body and I understand she wants to show it off, but it’s just seems a tad inappropriate.

As to her speech, it’s due to her Spanish. I speak a bit similar and I’m from the US and lived here all my life. I grew up on the border and that’s how our accent is.

She’s about to blow up soon. She already met Myka and Britneyandbaby has been liking her posts on IG too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Maxxinsta96 »

What does everyone think of their new house? I find it really weird and not very safe the fact the kids rooms are right in the front of their house. They are all alone while the parents are at a completely different end. I personally don’t watch her I used to but this house tour is the first video I’ve seen in months. She definitely does Like the nicer things in life but at least she admits it. I think at once she used to be humble but I just think she’s over it now.
SouthernBella
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by SouthernBella »

I so agree with the set up of the house. It weirded me out the second she showed it. I mean I am sure they will have security systems put in but I just think it is weird to have a bedroom facing the front of the house, all the way across the house from the master. And if there were a fire or something, being that far away is just sketchy. I don't like it.
Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

That house set up is how a lot of homes in Florida are. I thought she was smart to not show that front window of the house actually is one of the kids rooms. I liked the house a lot, but would not have kids that far away. I like that she didn’t get every upgrade available, the ones she picked were smart.

The house tour outfit was ridiculous.
maullaban
Talker
Talker

I wonder if Luis is okay with her making it seem like he was the one who died from her video title "He Passed Away". Why not title it "Our Puppy Passed Away"? Anyway, all that money she makes, why did she have to buy a puppy from craigslist?
SouthernBella
Gossiper
Gossiper

I am appalled that she made a video and titles it "he passed away". Obviously people would think it was her husband. She even clickbaits a video about her dead dog. And clearly they have the money to spend $2000 on a dog when she makes shit tons with YouTube, yet she chooses instead to get a Craigslist dog?? And then she didn't want to spend the money for him to stay at the animal hospital? Her dog obviously didn't mean that much to her. What a fool.
maullaban
Talker
Talker

SouthernBella wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:00 pm I am appalled that she made a video and titles it "he passed away". Obviously people would think it was her husband. She even clickbaits a video about her dead dog. And clearly they have the money to spend $2000 on a dog when she makes shit tons with YouTube, yet she chooses instead to get a Craigslist dog?? And then she didn't want to spend the money for him to stay at the animal hospital? Her dog obviously didn't mean that much to her. What a fool.
It's funny how she said she would have paid anything to save him, but she wouldn't pay the $2,000 dollar hospital stay that most likely would have saved him. Now I bet she's gonna go spend at least $2000 on a new dog from a breeder.
Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

That’s awful what happened. I think that we have all been young and didn’t know better about things like that. I hate that no one can be trusted.
CalVel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CalVel »

I genuinely like Abby and her channel, that being said, I am a little out off in her instagram stories today. She posted two patio furniture options for her followers to choose from, but she didn’t even try to cover the prices. That left a not so great taste in my mouth. It is quite clear by following her that they have money to spend and what it, however I feel like that kinda throws it in followers faces.

I don’t think she does it on purpose but idk. Just doesn’t seem right.

CalVel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CalVel »

*put off

I should really proofread before I hit send lol

NoeyRoseyHello
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NoeyRoseyHello »

I just recently started following her again & quickly realized why I stopped. I find it hilarious she was butt hurt when people stayed that she went all out for Camila’s nursery but not Amelie’s room. Then she tried justifying by saying they will be sharing a room only to get more backlash about that lmao. I wonder if Luis is pressed for another baby like she is. There’s no need for those girls to share a room. That’s crazy that Amelie can’t enjoy a beautiful decked out room lol she had in the apartment because “Abby” is so pressed for another pregnancy
SouthernBella
Gossiper
Gossiper

I love how you put "Abby" in quotes. I wonder how many people know her real name isn't even Abby? That she wanted to sound more American... That she was living her illegally up until a year ago. Her real name is actually Ruth, for anyone who doesn't know.

She is a fake, and she doesn't seem to much enjoy her kids once they get past a certain age. She CLEARLY favors Kami over Amelie and it is sad. Amelie should get a pretty wall papered bedroom, too. It makes no sense at all.
PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

Her immigration story would be an interesting video. Better than every vlog that is "look at some shit I got sent".

Ruth isn't very ethnic sounding, but is definitely an older woman name. I have lots of friends who have an "American name". Sad, but won't claim to know their struggle in regards to how people treat them with their real name.

If I'm not mistaken, Luis didn't sound like he wanted more kids. I think it was in a q&a with both of them. But she def wanted another.
Claroqsi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Claroqsi »

So many hispanic people use their middle name as their first name . My daughter is regularly called by her middle name . Not uncommon at all.

Return to “I-P”