True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalyn and Robert

Unread post by eab424 »

ButterflyB wrote:During their live chat tonight:

Fan: do you guys have an owelet monitor?”

Robert: No we haven’t bought one but I did email Owelet asking if they wanted to donate us one and I never heard back. So if any of you watching have any pull with them, tell them to send us one!”

Ughhhh he irritates me so much! Yes that monitor is expensive ($300) but I’m sure they can afford one with all this crowdfunding they are doing..or at least save up for one if they really wanted it. Not everything is going to just be given to you guys Robert!! You aren’t the first parents to struggle to get pregnant or the first parents to have a NICU/sick baby. Get over yourselves!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If needed NICU babies are usually sent home with a monitor. What a pig. Robert is flat out a pig in every sense of the word. This constant wanting to talk about Magnolia's poop is just weird. I think both have no class and I think there's a better way of talking about it.

Magnolia needs to move her bowls. Can't even spell Bowels correctly.

It's clear they don't make that much. They don't make that much via youtube and its funny because they were wanting it to be the cash cow it is for some people.

I know we've already discussed the house, but I was thinking about it more and the house is between 150-160 in that neighborhood. Back when my sister was an RN and was making 40K, her house was about 30k less. There's no way either of them make 40K or even 40K together. Day care centers in the US pay very little to their workers. Most are in their early 20s and all that's required is that you graduate high school. You make more money being a cashier at walmart.

With their attitude and all the other BS it's no wonder their subs count doesn't move much. Considering Magnolia was a premie, they should have a lot more subs than they do. They try so hard to go and be seen on other channels it's kinda pathetic.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I've clicked onto their channel a few times since they started it... I wanted to like them. I enjoy babies, and it's more interesting IMO to watch families that are still living in the real world, which to me often includes normal and age-appropriate financial situations which reflect the real economic situation. But I agree about the online panhandling, and beyond that, there's just something about their personalities (especially his) - like a broken tooth that you can't stop running your tongue over. Something just isn't right.

Among the newer wave of family vloggers, there's an undertone of "I want what THEY have" and "we deserve it as much as THEY do." They being DB, E+J, whoever happens to be living a life of luxury that they only have as a result of YT. And it's not that I think "THEY" are at all, in any way shape or form, better or more deserving than the newer vloggers like K&R. It's that none of them deserve it. NONE. Not that wealth, earned or otherwise, really has much to do with who deserves what. But I guess I can't fathom donating to any of these people, while non-panhandling families face food insecurity, lack of access to medical care, etc.

Also, Robert thinks that with responses like he gave about the Owelet, he's being very clever. Because you know, he's making sure people know that he wants one, without actually ASKING the viewers to gift him one. I know someone personally who uses this strategy extensively (apparently "a closed mouth can't get a fish") and it's extremely grating.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I'm happy they finally got their baby home.

I follow them mainly on Instagram since their vlogs are so boring. Robert keeps preaching and ranting on forever and Kalyn talks with soft-fake-notsocute-baby voice. They should totally do less talking and edit better.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

i don't watch them or follow them anymore.....opportunists
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

I think they do all the YouTube lives for the donations. Nothing else makes sense.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I stopped following them all together. Especially how they took her out so soon after getting out of the nicu. They said their doctor was ok with them taking the baby in public as long as they were "smart" about it. Um no. A baby that small especially born premature who in their right mind takes them out so soon with them being so little. Just having people not touch her isn't the only danger or way she'd be exposed to germs. She just got out of the hospital why be in such a hurry to take her out in public. Just crazy.

As far as the owlet I hope the company was smart about not sending them one. I've seen them send ones to vloggers who have a significantly higher following where they'd sent them one to review, but they have a pathetic less than 20K subs. Even after IF, pregnancy and Nicu that would've given them a lot more if they had the working formula for a successful channel. Go fund me was a bust for them they only managed to secure 1800 out of 6,000 down from the original 40K.

Either way I thought it was very poor taste for them to act like they had no way to pay for Magnolia's nicu stay. There are so many ways they could do so. Insurance, state help, people do it all the time.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

eab424 wrote:I stopped following them all together. Especially how they took her out so soon after getting out of the nicu. They said their doctor was ok with them taking the baby in public as long as they were "smart" about it. Um no. A baby that small especially born premature who in their right mind takes them out so soon with them being so little. Just having people not touch her isn't the only danger or way she'd be exposed to germs. She just got out of the hospital why be in such a hurry to take her out in public. Just crazy.

As far as the owlet I hope the company was smart about not sending them one. I've seen them send ones to vloggers who have a significantly higher following where they'd sent them one to review, but they have a pathetic less than 20K subs. Even after IF, pregnancy and Nicu that would've given them a lot more if they had the working formula for a successful channel. Go fund me was a bust for them they only managed to secure 1800 out of 6,000 down from the original 40K.

Either way I thought it was very poor taste for them to act like they had no way to pay for Magnolia's nicu stay. There are so many ways they could do so. Insurance, state help, people do it all the time.

I agree with all of this!!!
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Not to mention she's still on oxygen.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

eab424 wrote:Not to mention she's still on oxygen.

That’s why I think they take her out to the church etc. I believe they are looking for sympathy and maybe $ donations.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Mommy359 wrote:
That’s why I think they take her out to the church etc. I believe they are looking for sympathy and maybe $ donations.
I think it is a bit irresponsible to take new born to public places. Actually I was bit shocked to learn that they took her to church. I don't mind going on walks etc. but when you take a small baby to places like church and restaurants, other people will gather around to admire the baby. People want to touch and hold (understandably). The parents should keep the newborn home and safe from the germs at least a while.

I do not mean that babies should only stay at home. I mean babies that are just newborn (without even talking about having a need for extra oxygen :roll: ) and not fully equipped with their immune system.

I totally agree that it seems like attention (donations) seeking behaviour. ;)
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Kataja wrote:
Mommy359 wrote:
I think it is a bit irresponsible to take new born to public places. Actually I was bit shocked to learn that they took her to church. I don't mind going on walks etc. but when you take a small baby to places like church and restaurants, other people will gather around to admire the baby. People want to touch and hold (understandably). The parents should keep the newborn home and safe from the germs at least a while.

I do not mean that babies should only stay at home. I mean babies that are just newborn (without even talking about having a need for extra oxygen :roll: ) and not fully equipped with their immune system.

I totally agree that it seems like attention (donations) seeking behaviour. ;)
Your right Kataja, I can totally see taking the baby for walks outside. But a milk snob cover and a goofy note is not going to protect her. She's still on oxygen and only recently reached her due date. I can remember back in 2012 when my niece was born. We did celebrate our birthdays (my family has 6 birthdays in a 9 week span) atdave and busters. But she was full term and it was during slow hours. As far as the ped's office having a sick and well waiting room still I would not put my child in a waiting room after she just spent 69 days in the nicu.

Our family's pediatrician does house calls for newborns. To me that's safer than bringing her out in public and as far as church that was insane. Their parenting decisions are very bad.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I don't know anyone around here who gets house calls for doctor's visits. I've never heard of it being a thing where I live.

Having a medically complex child maybe it will be a learning experience they won't get until she's readmitted for pneumonia or something. I do get feeling trapped but they had LOTS of dates while she was in the NICU I thought they were preparing to basically become homebodies. They might not have fully grasped their lifestyle has to change. What will they do some cold and flu season? Pretty much a six-month lockdown.

Overall I'm not as critical of them as some in this thread but yeah not being trapped means going to the park or on a walk. Not feeding her in Carter's.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

I didn’t take my healthy babies out in public for months. I can’t fathom what they are doing. It’s not like a simple car ride through a drive thru, but to take her out and about is mind blowing.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

I wonder if anyone warned them those rock n play seats aren't an approved sleep surface and there is an increased risk of positional asphyxiation. I think she's supposed to be on the monitor all the time but seeing that picture on Instagram scared me but I know if I mention it I'd be called a concern troll or told they have different rules etc.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

DoodleBop2 wrote:I don't know anyone around here who gets house calls for doctor's visits. I've never heard of it being a thing where I live.

Having a medically complex child maybe it will be a learning experience they won't get until she's readmitted for pneumonia or something. I do get feeling trapped but they had LOTS of dates while she was in the NICU I thought they were preparing to basically become homebodies. They might not have fully grasped their lifestyle has to change. What will they do some cold and flu season? Pretty much a six-month lockdown.

Overall I'm not as critical of them as some in this thread but yeah not being trapped means going to the park or on a walk. Not feeding her in Carter's.
It's not a popular thing, It's just something my pediatrician does for his newborn or nicu patients. Otherwise its taking them in.

She's worked in a daycare center so to me I can't fathom why they don't understand that it's not worth the risk of having her get sick. To me its selfish.

Putting that cover on is not going to protect her from germs, because she is taken out once they go places. Visiting other people's houses when they have toddlers is bar none the stupidest thing. It would be different if she lived with an older toddler sibling but this is a different house etc. Going in public and to church this soon I've never seen a nicu parent do this.
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

Midwives do home visits here for the first 6 weeks.

I was pretty precious with my first two babies, but #3 was born on Thursday by c-section and I ha to take #1 to school on Monday. She's been out and about every day since we got home, she is almost 2 now. However she wasn't premature and if I had the choice, I would way rather have been snuggled up in bed bonding with her then rushing off to school.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Omg at him bitching through most of today’s vlog about the tongue tie procedure. What the fuck did he think was going to happen? Yes they have to make sure she is held down and won’t move so the doctor doesn’t mistakenly puncture or cut where he shouldn’t. Even if they did the laser procedure she would have to be held down. Robert acts like he is too good for anyone and is above the rest when he is not. He isn’t the first person to have a preemie or difficult baby either.

I do hope the procedure worked though and they keep up with the exercises/stretches. In the past couple of vlogs listening to her scream and cry has been painful!

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

ButterflyB wrote:Omg at him bitching through most of today’s vlog about the tongue tie procedure. What the fuck did he think was going to happen? Yes they have to make sure she is held down and won’t move so the doctor doesn’t mistakenly puncture or cut where he shouldn’t. Even if they did the laser procedure she would have to be held down. Robert acts like he is too good for anyone and is above the rest when he is not. He isn’t the first person to have a preemie or difficult baby either.
I do hope the procedure worked though and they keep up with the exercises/stretches. In the past couple of vlogs listening to her scream and cry has been painful!
I actually sympathized with him for once. That procedure seems like torture and even if you know that they do it for a reason, it will make your heart bleed. Baby cry makes parents protective, that is how it's supposed to be. I don't think he was blaming them for doing those necessary things but he was more like surprised that it actually was not just simple easy thing to do. (However he might be bit misled about laser being more better/easier. I don't know so much about that so can't say much.)

I hope as well that this will help her eat and lessen her future challenges with speech etc.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

they are capitalizing on their child's pain and discomfort so it's hard for me to sympathize with them on anything at this time
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 5aa49c.png[/img]

These guys really can’t catch a break. Image

Return to “I-P”