Kalyn and Robert

cheesecakes
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kalyn and Robert

Unread post by cheesecakes »

Mommy359 wrote:Okay, so after I read that comment and commented here I went to the baby shower video and no... he gave that response to save face. Kalyn and her mother were both saying “no...” blah blah blah in the background. He was being rude and if he meant it differently he would have said exactly that and corrected it LIVE. Also, it seemed like he had a huge attitude during the “baby shower” Kalyn also had a chip on her shoulder through most of it. At the very beginning (1st gift) he said Magnolia could wear the jeans when she’s 14. He said it as a joke, but it was in poor taste. They def. had a weird chip on their shoulders. Kalyn’s mother was assisting in the background with the praise of the gifts and thankfulness, but I’d say it stared off on a bad foot and didn’t get better. The praise from the two seemed blah and not sincere. I also believe Kalyn’s mother typed out that response on his behalf. Like he needed help fixing his mistake. She sat down and “fixed” it.
Oh, I totally agree. It was 100% him doing damage control. I also thought they acted weird during the baby shower. You explained it perfectly.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

looks like i need to watch this video and see for myself what antics the two of them are up to these days in order to try and get freebies from their hardworking subscribers
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

okay so i got about 5 minutes into the video and stopped watching because robert is an ungrateful prick

he didn't say that and then have an after thought he said what he said and his response to that comment was definitely a way to try and save face. you can see clearly from like 4:05 on that he stares at the comments and reads them instead of focusing on what these people bought for their child.........a child that they should be buying items for and not their subscribers.

i may have found a new youtube channel to snark on harder than i do a few others because these people are insane. and did anyone catch kalyn's face when robert said what he did and how she made another face like 'omg' when her mother was talking and telling robert that people were generous to buy from anywhere.......robert was just mad because the things they put on their amazon thing was stuff they needed because his ass couldn't go out and buy it himself.

freeloaders! robert i bet you read here so just know that we saw right through that you had an awful lot of time to finish your thought and we saw you reading the comments so you know people were upset and instead of 'finishing your thought' then you just sat there in your own anger toward yourself because the true colors were shown live and there was no turning back by that time
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Holy crap. That’s terrible! As a new mom some of my favorite gifts were items that weren’t on our registry. We got great items we didn’t know we needed from more experienced mamas and sweet heartfelt items that required a lot of thought.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

Yes! He was attempting to do damage control. I couldn’t believe the behavior. Even Kalyn had a crappy attitude. He was a total ASS and looked like it. I’m glad it was LIVE people can see what a jerk he really is. Also, I couldn’t believe people were sending money and some even said they want to send items. Wtf?! What for?! You see what a jerk they are.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Completely agree. People who use go fund me to fund their treatments make me cringe. A lot of people don't know but there are financial counselors in those clinics. They help you explain the financial obligations and how you can pay for it and what if anything your insurance will cover. This subject kind of bleeds over to P&A too.

There are grants you can apply for. My ex sister in law actually did IVF funded by a grant.Not sure how or why she qualified. Her husband was 68 years old and already had 6 kids. One of the things that caused issues with my ex husband and I was that she was constantly calling asking for money. Especially after they had the baby. And my father in law had already bought them a house. Anyway I just wish deserving families had nice things like that done for them.

They are too much like too many youtubers who are lazy and using youtube to panhandle. So many people have IF issues and a lot of them have waited a lot longer than K & R have so honestly there's nothing special or out of the ordinary about K & R.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

eab424 wrote:They are too much like too many youtubers who are lazy and using youtube to panhandle. So many people have IF issues and a lot of them have waited a lot longer than K & R have so honestly there's nothing special or out of the ordinary about K & R.
i can honestly say that i have never seen youtubers ask for money as much as these two
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:
eab424 wrote:They are too much like too many youtubers who are lazy and using youtube to panhandle. So many people have IF issues and a lot of them have waited a lot longer than K & R have so honestly there's nothing special or out of the ordinary about K & R.
i can honestly say that i have never seen youtubers ask for money as much as these two
Since it's the same subject there were some other youtubers who have. I think Kalyn and Robert have only had 2 crowdfunding campaigns since 2015 another one who also started their channel the same year have had twice that. I think many youtube families follow a formula or at least try to and cross vlogs having guests vloggers who have their own channel.

I couldn't watch the baby shower video. It was boring I think I got to the fabric books. Idk. I don't get what it takes to be hooked on a youtube family. They all turn out the same selfish, panhandling, fame HOs.

Kalyn used to wear makeup and now it seems she does nothing.

Also I do not in anyway want this to appear to be body shamming but Robert needs to do something. Health wise I am very concerned with how large of a guy he is. He's risking himself for a heart attack. To me my focus would've been health first then baby. Some clinics won't even work with either unless you're under a certain BMI. This could be why his sperm were so bad.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

They way they edit their vlogs is super annoying. We don’t need to have things introduced by Robert every time...like a clip days later from when the actual vlog content was filmed. And including clips from all over the place is really confusing. She was receiving blood in a previous big but they just talked about it today.

Rob really annoys me with his attitude. First when he had a two hour sit down talk with the doctors about her belly getting really large And now going on about how he should have known something was up with her poop. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is but he really rubs me the wrong way with all that, acting like he’s some kind of authority of preemie issues. I’m glad he’s advocating for his child but he seems to be pushing it. As a nurse, I can imagine being really aggravated by him.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

Tiger27 wrote:They way they edit their vlogs is super annoying. We don’t need to have things introduced by Robert every time...like a clip days later from when the actual vlog content was filmed. And including clips from all over the place is really confusing. She was receiving blood in a previous big but they just talked about it today.

Rob really annoys me with his attitude. First when he had a two hour sit down talk with the doctors about her belly getting really large And now going on about how he should have known something was up with her poop. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is but he really rubs me the wrong way with all that, acting like he’s some kind of authority of preemie issues. I’m glad he’s advocating for his child but he seems to be pushing it. As a nurse, I can imagine being really aggravated by him.
Oh trust me, a a NICU nurse watching their vlogs he is aggravating and I’m sure the nurses roll their eyes when they see him walk into the unit. Advocating for your child is great and we encourage parents to do so but he isn’t the one calling the shots like he makes it seem. He makes it sound like he made the decision to take the baby off CPAP but babies getting a big belly or what we call “cpap belly” is common when these little preemies are on cpap. The doctors and nurses were monitoring it and finally decided that the pros outweighed the cons to take her off of it and put her on high flo oxygen. Robert mentioning her belly to them did not aid them in their decision one bit I bet.

And now with her having blood in her stool. Babies stool reek when put on formula because it is digested differently than breast milk so of course her diapers smelled really bad and they could tell a difference in her stool compared to when she was just on moms breast milk. If he would have spoken up and questioned smelly poo the doctors most likely wouldn’t do anything different and they would explain to them that a change is stool color, consistency and smell is normal when you add formula. The problem of a milk protein allergy wouldn’t have been brought up until the blood in stool, like it did.

He needs to stop acting like he is trained in all things NICU or even all things baby when he has no clue and it just makes him look like a douche! I’d seriously love to know what those nurses say about him when he isn’t there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

ButterflyB wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:They way they edit their vlogs is super annoying. We don’t need to have things introduced by Robert every time...like a clip days later from when the actual vlog content was filmed. And including clips from all over the place is really confusing. She was receiving blood in a previous big but they just talked about it today.

Oh trust me, a a NICU nurse watching their vlogs he is aggravating and I’m sure the nurses roll their eyes when they see him walk into the unit. Advocating for your child is great and we encourage parents to do so but he isn’t the one calling the shots like he makes it seem. He makes it sound like he made the decision to take the baby off CPAP but babies getting a big belly or what we call “cpap belly” is common when these little preemies are on cpap. The doctors and nurses were monitoring it and finally decided that the pros outweighed the cons to take her off of it and put her on high flo oxygen. Robert mentioning her belly to them did not aid them in their decision one bit I bet.

And now with her having blood in her stool. Babies stool reek when put on formula because it is digested differently than breast milk so of course her diapers smelled really bad and they could tell a difference in her stool compared to when she was just on moms breast milk. If he would have spoken up and questioned smelly poo the doctors most likely wouldn’t do anything different and they would explain to them that a change is stool color, consistency and smell is normal when you add formula. The problem of a milk protein allergy wouldn’t have been brought up until the blood in stool, like it did.

He needs to stop acting like he is trained in all things NICU or even all things baby when he has no clue and it just makes him look like a douche! I’d seriously love to know what those nurses say about him when he isn’t there!

the man can't even afford to pay for his child or the process of having a child so trust me there are a lot of us who see right through the things he professes when it comes to him being some sort of MD
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

The guy can't even spell premie much less be some sort of expert. He's a moron and it comes off in his videos. Early on he even admitted a nurse sitting him down and you can tell by the way he was saying it she was doing it because she was annoyed with him. He's very arrogant. As far as how much milk Kalyn was making it doesn't sound like she was pumping every two hours. If she was sleeping all night that can be a reason for her milk supply to drop. I feel bad for their nurses.
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

I can’t stand those two.
sheisonarun
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sheisonarun »

I whole heartedly understand that you need to be an advocate for your child, but being rude to people trying to help your child isn't going to help. Kill them with kindness. It really does help.
ButterflyB
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ButterflyB »

During their live chat tonight:

Fan: do you guys have an owelet monitor?”

Robert: No we haven’t bought one but I did email Owelet asking if they wanted to donate us one and I never heard back. So if any of you watching have any pull with them, tell them to send us one!”

Ughhhh he irritates me so much! Yes that monitor is expensive ($300) but I’m sure they can afford one with all this crowdfunding they are doing..or at least save up for one if they really wanted it. Not everything is going to just be given to you guys Robert!! You aren’t the first parents to struggle to get pregnant or the first parents to have a NICU/sick baby. Get over yourselves!!

eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

ButterflyB wrote:During their live chat tonight:

Fan: do you guys have an owelet monitor?”

Robert: No we haven’t bought one but I did email Owelet asking if they wanted to donate us one and I never heard back. So if any of you watching have any pull with them, tell them to send us one!”

Ughhhh he irritates me so much! Yes that monitor is expensive ($300) but I’m sure they can afford one with all this crowdfunding they are doing..or at least save up for one if they really wanted it. Not everything is going to just be given to you guys Robert!! You aren’t the first parents to struggle to get pregnant or the first parents to have a NICU/sick baby. Get over yourselves!!

If needed NICU babies are usually sent home with a monitor. What a pig. Robert is flat out a pig in every sense of the word. This constant wanting to talk about Magnolia's poop is just weird. I think both have no class and I think there's a better way of talking about it.

Magnolia needs to move her bowls. Can't even spell Bowels correctly.

It's clear they don't make that much. They don't make that much via youtube and its funny because they were wanting it to be the cash cow it is for some people.

I know we've already discussed the house, but I was thinking about it more and the house is between 150-160 in that neighborhood. Back when my sister was an RN and was making 40K, her house was about 30k less. There's no way either of them make 40K or even 40K together. Day care centers in the US pay very little to their workers. Most are in their early 20s and all that's required is that you graduate high school. You make more money being a cashier at walmart.

With their attitude and all the other BS it's no wonder their subs count doesn't move much. Considering Magnolia was a premie, they should have a lot more subs than they do. They try so hard to go and be seen on other channels it's kinda pathetic.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I've clicked onto their channel a few times since they started it... I wanted to like them. I enjoy babies, and it's more interesting IMO to watch families that are still living in the real world, which to me often includes normal and age-appropriate financial situations which reflect the real economic situation. But I agree about the online panhandling, and beyond that, there's just something about their personalities (especially his) - like a broken tooth that you can't stop running your tongue over. Something just isn't right.

Among the newer wave of family vloggers, there's an undertone of "I want what THEY have" and "we deserve it as much as THEY do." They being DB, E+J, whoever happens to be living a life of luxury that they only have as a result of YT. And it's not that I think "THEY" are at all, in any way shape or form, better or more deserving than the newer vloggers like K&R. It's that none of them deserve it. NONE. Not that wealth, earned or otherwise, really has much to do with who deserves what. But I guess I can't fathom donating to any of these people, while non-panhandling families face food insecurity, lack of access to medical care, etc.

Also, Robert thinks that with responses like he gave about the Owelet, he's being very clever. Because you know, he's making sure people know that he wants one, without actually ASKING the viewers to gift him one. I know someone personally who uses this strategy extensively (apparently "a closed mouth can't get a fish") and it's extremely grating.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I'm happy they finally got their baby home.

I follow them mainly on Instagram since their vlogs are so boring. Robert keeps preaching and ranting on forever and Kalyn talks with soft-fake-notsocute-baby voice. They should totally do less talking and edit better.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

i don't watch them or follow them anymore.....opportunists
Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think they do all the YouTube lives for the donations. Nothing else makes sense.

Return to “I-P”