Our Landing Crew

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Our Landing Crew

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Baconsgirl wrote:
Ambrosia wrote:Is Danielle on the spectrum too? I rarely watch their videos because I feel like I need to shower afterwards, it just looks like a gross environment in their household. The ones I have watched with Danielle, she acts different than kids if same ages that I’ve seen. Maybe she’s just weird?
haven’t watched her own channel but it seems like she is just really excited about life on the main channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me she acts just like Stephanie
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

Lmfao, Danielle (if that's how they spell it) has ADHD. (Stephanie has said so herself). She also probably feels like she has to be loud to get attention since both her biological parents have so many additional children. I feel bad for her honestly, she seems like a sweet girl just a little strange. I'm really worried though because she has an online boyfriend she met through minecraft who lives in the U.K. and she only JUST turned 14. I don't know how Stephanie's ok with that....probably too busy with the young ones to think it through.

LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

ytdramaqueen wrote:Lmfao, Danielle (if that's how they spell it) has ADHD. (Stephanie has said so herself). She also probably feels like she has to be loud to get attention since both her biological parents have so many additional children. I feel bad for her honestly, she seems like a sweet girl just a little strange. I'm really worried though because she has an online boyfriend she met through minecraft who lives in the U.K. and she only JUST turned 14. I don't know how Stephanie's ok with that....probably too busy with the young ones to think it through.

She met her BF online?? That must be why she was asking Stephanie for Snapchat a few weeks ago, and I’m sure she’s going behind Stephanie’s back and already has one.. I doubt Stephanie has time to check her phone with 4 other kids and one on the way..

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Can someone give me the rundown on kids names/ages & if they are diagnosed? She’s pregnant with a girl?
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

ohaudrey wrote:Can someone give me the rundown on kids names/ages & if they are diagnosed? She’s pregnant with a girl?
Danielle, 14, from a prior relationship
Lonnie, 12 or 13, with current hubby
Noah, 11 has ASD and ID also Hypertonia
Alexander/Lex, 3 has had some speech delay but isn't autistic
Liam, around 7/8 months and has some potential muscle tone issues, unclear if he's on the spectrum since he's so young
And she's pregnant with a girl due in early February and her name is going to be Penelope.

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Thanks. Has she ever mentioned why such a large age gap between Noah and Lex? And has Lex been formally evaluated for ASD because he seems delayed in more than just speech from the few blogs I’ve seen.
EmilyMadison
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by EmilyMadison »

ohaudrey wrote:Thanks. Has she ever mentioned why such a large age gap between Noah and Lex? And has Lex been formally evaluated for ASD because he seems delayed in more than just speech from the few blogs I’ve seen.
If I remember correctly she used to be the “tubal reversal mom”; she’d had a tubal litigation after Noah and changed her mind & decided to have more kids

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

EmilyMadison wrote:
ohaudrey wrote:Thanks. Has she ever mentioned why such a large age gap between Noah and Lex? And has Lex been formally evaluated for ASD because he seems delayed in more than just speech from the few blogs I’ve seen.
If I remember correctly she used to be the “tubal reversal mom”; she’d had a tubal litigation after Noah and changed her mind & decided to have more kids

Interesting. 7 years is a lot of years I wonder if his diagnosis played a role. They act at peace with any kids on the spectrum but it’d be interesting to know if they always felt that way.
ZzzCupcakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ZzzCupcakes »

Tiger27 wrote:I don’t understand why they have a such a lack of services. I’ve watched some, but not all, of her videos explaining their journey with Noah and I just can’t wrap my mind around why they haven’t been more practice getting him help. Someone correct me if I’m wrong... It seems like they weren’t doing much of anything for him pre YouTube. Now that they’re in the public eye, they can’t keep slacking. It feels like they’ve missed out on years of valuable services for him because they were too lazy to seek them out. What’s going to be any different in Boston (except a higher cost of living??)? They are still going to have to put in the work to find him services. I just don’t get it.

I agree. Anyone know why they're choosing Boston? She says it's because the services are great, but I would imagine there are other places with great services, too (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think they have family or friends in Boston. It seems like a premature move. They seem to be putting a lot of stock into this Boston move- therapies for the boys, placing their kids back into public schools (it wasn't even a few months ago when she said she would never place her kids back in public school), etc, as if it will be this magical fix for everything.

It also bothers me how much she goes back and forth on what services are needed for the kids, further delaying appointments and therapies. For months she was talking about getting Lex an autism evaluation and how frustrating it was to need to wait months before the appointment, but she delayed getting on the wait list for a long time, and now says she does not think Lex has autism and doesn't need an evaluation, because if he does have autism, she thinks he's high functioning. Um, those with high functioning autism can benefit from services, too. Considering how much trouble they've had with getting a diagnosis for Noah (which is an entirely different story), I would have thought she'd want to go through with the evaluation so they can get started on services early. Now if in a few months they start seeing signs in Lex, they'll have to repeat the wait time and process over again in order to get a formal diagnosis, which is needed for services. And don't get me started on how she started the formal evaluation process with Noah, but isn't going to finish because she's worried the doctor won't give the diagnosis she was expecting.

It's very clear she loves her kids and wants only what's best for them. It just seems like she gets scared off with long wait times and doesn't commit, like it's now or never. And then when there is a problem or a crisis, she doesn't know how to navigate it and gets frustrated. I hope she starts contacting places in Boston before they move so things are set up for the boys when they get there, and they don't have to wait for months to begin services (again). But with her track record, I don't know if she will. There will also be a learning curve with navigating a new healthcare system.

Lastly, just an off topic comment: Does she know what "minimalist" means? I'm pretty sure she thinks it means not paying full price for things and buying things used. It's funny when she describes her family as minimalists and then shows the giant clothing hauls and christmas hauls. Of course, there's nothing wrong with this (I'm super guilty of having too many things), I just find it amusing.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ZzzCupcakes wrote:
Tiger27 wrote:I don’t understand why they have a such a lack of services. I’ve watched some, but not all, of her videos explaining their journey with Noah and I just can’t wrap my mind around why they haven’t been more practice getting him help. Someone correct me if I’m wrong... It seems like they weren’t doing much of anything for him pre YouTube. Now that they’re in the public eye, they can’t keep slacking. It feels like they’ve missed out on years of valuable services for him because they were too lazy to seek them out. What’s going to be any different in Boston (except a higher cost of living??)? They are still going to have to put in the work to find him services. I just don’t get it.

I agree. Anyone know why they're choosing Boston? She says it's because the services are great, but I would imagine there are other places with great services, too (please correct me if I'm wrong). I don't think they have family or friends in Boston. It seems like a premature move. They seem to be putting a lot of stock into this Boston move- therapies for the boys, placing their kids back into public schools (it wasn't even a few months ago when she said she would never place her kids back in public school), etc, as if it will be this magical fix for everything.

It also bothers me how much she goes back and forth on what services are needed for the kids, further delaying appointments and therapies. For months she was talking about getting Lex an autism evaluation and how frustrating it was to need to wait months before the appointment, but she delayed getting on the wait list for a long time, and now says she does not think Lex has autism and doesn't need an evaluation, because if he does have autism, she thinks he's high functioning. Um, those with high functioning autism can benefit from services, too. Considering how much trouble they've had with getting a diagnosis for Noah (which is an entirely different story), I would have thought she'd want to go through with the evaluation so they can get started on services early. Now if in a few months they start seeing signs in Lex, they'll have to repeat the wait time and process over again in order to get a formal diagnosis, which is needed for services. And don't get me started on how she started the formal evaluation process with Noah, but isn't going to finish because she's worried the doctor won't give the diagnosis she was expecting.

It's very clear she loves her kids and wants only what's best for them. It just seems like she gets scared off with long wait times and doesn't commit, like it's now or never. And then when there is a problem or a crisis, she doesn't know how to navigate it and gets frustrated. I hope she starts contacting places in Boston before they move so things are set up for the boys when they get there, and they don't have to wait for months to begin services (again). But with her track record, I don't know if she will. There will also be a learning curve with navigating a new healthcare system.

Lastly, just an off topic comment: Does she know what "minimalist" means? I'm pretty sure she thinks it means not paying full price for things and buying things used. It's funny when she describes her family as minimalists and then shows the giant clothing hauls and christmas hauls. Of course, there's nothing wrong with this (I'm super guilty of having too many things), I just find it amusing.
Honestly she comes off a little ADD/ADHD to me which would explain her poor planning and lack of executive functioning
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Why, just why!?!?! What would ever possess her to not only record but upload the video trying on her daughters clothes? She even admits that she wouldn't fit them not pregnant..this is just the weirdest video.
ZzzCupcakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ZzzCupcakes »

That Disney haul... The amount of things bought specifically for the trip that aren't going to be used again is such a waste. Between the bottles that she bought just for the park, disposable baby spoons, the disney binky (which even she said her baby doesn't take anymore), plus all the Disney shirts (buying more shirts than days they'll be there, which her kids will grow out of) is too much. On top of that, they'll be stoping at the Target and Walmart outside of the Park to pick up more Disney things, and each kid is getting money every day do buy more crap at the parks. I'm all for products that make parenting easier and kids happier, but it pains me to see families being so wasteful, especially these large families. None of the items even seemed to be unique or particularly meaningful to her or the kids, it's all generic Disney stuff. I shouldn't be surprised given the previous hauls we've seen from this family. Feel free to tell me if I'm over reacting.
ChewyQuesadilla
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ChewyQuesadilla »

I started watching her when she was "tubal reversal mom" and had less than 200 subs. We belonged to the same youtube group of "friends" that would make videos and tag each other. She was sweet back then and her videos were much less frantic and chaotic. I wonder what happened to that person.
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

ChewyQuesadilla wrote:I started watching her when she was "tubal reversal mom" and had less than 200 subs. We belonged to the same youtube group of "friends" that would make videos and tag each other. She was sweet back then and her videos were much less frantic and chaotic. I wonder what happened to that person.
I still do think she’s sweet, you can tell she really loves those kids and have made them her main priority since she was 17 years old. She’s definitely more chaotic now though but she’s about to be a mother of 6 so I think what’s chaotic to us is the norm to her lol.

neketeke
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by neketeke »

I really like Stephanie, but it's scary how many things she is buying. I get it, the youtubechannel must have given them so much more money than they're used to so they are finally able to buy a lot of stuff. But she really needs to calm down, especially if they're moving so far.
LavenderSparkleLove
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LavenderSparkleLove »

I recently found her and I have more questions about her daughter's dad than anything else. I watched her Draw My Life and she says that her father made them break up, then she got with her husband very quickly after that. I've seen some vlogs where she'll say she's going to her dad's and there's one where Stephanie is picking Danielle up from the airport. It seems she and Lonnie moved Danielle away from her dad once, then she's doing it again when they move to Boston. Is he okay with this? Does he pay child support? She said in a video or a comment that she doesn't mind Danielle calling her step-mom "Mom" because at her dad's house, that is her mom. Which is very progressive, but I think it's more because she wants Danielle to call Lonnie "dad".

I'd like for her to make a video about custody...
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

LavenderSparkleLove wrote:I recently found her and I have more questions about her daughter's dad than anything else. I watched her Draw My Life and she says that her father made them break up, then she got with her husband very quickly after that. I've seen some vlogs where she'll say she's going to her dad's and there's one where Stephanie is picking Danielle up from the airport. It seems she and Lonnie moved Danielle away from her dad once, then she's doing it again when they move to Boston. Is he okay with this? Does he pay child support? She said in a video or a comment that she doesn't mind Danielle calling her step-mom "Mom" because at her dad's house, that is her mom. Which is very progressive, but I think it's more because she wants Danielle to call Lonnie "dad".

He already lives pretty far away in Texas and Danielle spends the whole summer and most holidays at her dads house, so he probably won’t care as it won’t effect the custody agreement anyway. He does pay child support she has mentioned it in one of her videos before

LavenderSparkleLove
Talker
Talker

LexiRae wrote:
LavenderSparkleLove wrote:I recently found her and I have more questions about her daughter's dad than anything else. I watched her Draw My Life and she says that her father made them break up, then she got with her husband very quickly after that. I've seen some vlogs where she'll say she's going to her dad's and there's one where Stephanie is picking Danielle up from the airport. It seems she and Lonnie moved Danielle away from her dad once, then she's doing it again when they move to Boston. Is he okay with this? Does he pay child support? She said in a video or a comment that she doesn't mind Danielle calling her step-mom "Mom" because at her dad's house, that is her mom. Which is very progressive, but I think it's more because she wants Danielle to call Lonnie "dad".

He already lives pretty far away in Texas and Danielle spends the whole summer and most holidays at her dads house, so he probably won’t care as it won’t effect the custody agreement anyway. He does pay child support she has mentioned it in one of her videos before

I must have missed the child support comment. I just have to wonder how he feels about being separated from his daughter and if he cares a lot about that.
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

LavenderSparkleLove wrote:
LexiRae wrote:

I must have missed the child support comment. I just have to wonder how he feels about being separated from his daughter and if he cares a lot about that.
I agree i wish she did a video talking more about him and the custody situation, and also Danielle talking about how she feels about it.

LavenderSparkleLove
Talker
Talker

I am currently in a long distance relationship, but I'm also in my 20s while Danielle is 14. Even though it seems like they know who it is because they FaceTime and what not, I still wouldn't let my kid have an internet SO.

I don't think Stephanie is a bad mom. I do like her and find her videos enjoyable, I appreciate that she doesn't force her kids to be on camera and doesn't exploit Noah's autism by showing his meltdowns. She doesn't force Lonnie Jr. to be on camera and she supposedly runs everything by Noah before she posts it. Some of the stuff I wonder about are just small nitpicks.

I felt for her when she had to fight to so hard to get Noah's services. My brother needed loads of services growing up and my mom had to fight tooth and nail.

Return to “I-P”