Our Landing Crew

PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Our Landing Crew

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

She's rushing to return the device probably because the "trial" is almost over. 🙄 The child does not have functional language.

In terms of aba and preschool...
I don't believe kids should be 'working' 40 hr weeks where they're in school then aba. It's too much. It really depends what you're looking for. If your goal is speech- school speech (15 min sessions 1 or 2x a week) isn't gonna cut it. If it's academic acquisition (possibly social, though schools I've done sessions with clients at have SUCKED at social facilitation)- go school route.
Behavior reduction/increase goal- got ABA.

Once you drop a service, it's not easy to pick back up. There's HUGE waitlists (though I guess she did luck out when she got to Colorado).
celestialll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by celestialll »

Kangaeagle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Minpinmom2 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm
celestialll wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:48 pm

My son is autistic and the exact same age as Liam (but has several more words) and we still consider him nonverbal as of now. He also signs and uses a velcro communication board that we would never take away until he can communicate more fluently. The inconsistency is what bothers me about her the most. She is constantly changing her narrative and facts/opinions but I guess she has too many damn kids to keep track of it all.
Exactly. There’s no consistency or follow through with anything. I do remember her saying that he could get it back if he regressed, but perhaps his newer functional words are because of the communication device. I don’t know. I cannot follow her thought process sometimes.
Stephanie's inability to plan beyond her next live stream is startling. In the same video where she talks about returning the device, she says that if ABA and the new preschool are too much, they'll drop ABA. Whatever your feelings on ABA may be (I've chosen not to place my Level 3, nonverbal child in it, for reference,) she has raved for months about how much it helps all the kids, but it can suddenly be dropped after, what, two days at preschool? It's always whatever is working this week, right? A 10k bed; insurance will cover it, and maybe he doesn't need it but he might and now Nellie likes it, so she should have one, too. Meals absent from nutritional value, loaded with sodium; life is too busy. 🤓
It's funny because NOW she raves about how much aba helps the kids, but a year ago she pulled Liam out and said how terrible it is. She tries to be a "representative" for special needs parents but she is so inconsistent that it just ends up confusing everyone. It also makes me sad that she is making money off her kids who can't even verbally communicate anything. She realizes this shit is on the internet forever, right? No wonder Lonnie Jr avoids the camera.
Minpinmom2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Minpinmom2 »

celestialll wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:06 pm
Kangaeagle wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Minpinmom2 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Exactly. There’s no consistency or follow through with anything. I do remember her saying that he could get it back if he regressed, but perhaps his newer functional words are because of the communication device. I don’t know. I cannot follow her thought process sometimes.
Stephanie's inability to plan beyond her next live stream is startling. In the same video where she talks about returning the device, she says that if ABA and the new preschool are too much, they'll drop ABA. Whatever your feelings on ABA may be (I've chosen not to place my Level 3, nonverbal child in it, for reference,) she has raved for months about how much it helps all the kids, but it can suddenly be dropped after, what, two days at preschool? It's always whatever is working this week, right? A 10k bed; insurance will cover it, and maybe he doesn't need it but he might and now Nellie likes it, so she should have one, too. Meals absent from nutritional value, loaded with sodium; life is too busy. 🤓
It's funny because NOW she raves about how much aba helps the kids, but a year ago she pulled Liam out and said how terrible it is. She tries to be a "representative" for special needs parents but she is so inconsistent that it just ends up confusing everyone. It also makes me sad that she is making money off her kids who can't even verbally communicate anything. She realizes this shit is on the internet forever, right? No wonder Lonnie Jr avoids the camera.
I’m starting to think Lonnie Jr is the only one with brains in that family. I don’t blame him for not wanting to be on camera. Poor kid. Being a teen is embarrassing enough. I feel like the only two kids in that family that could consent to being on camera are Danielle and Lonnie jr. I’m not sure if Noah would necessarily understand the significance of what he would be consenting to. I do appreciate that Stephanie respects Lonnie jr’s wishes though.

I am so interested to see what happens with these family vloggers in 10-20 years when kids start having opinions about having their entire lives documented. I feel like it’s so different than just posting pics on Facebook or Instagram. Imagine being an adult where (ex)boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, employers, coworkers, friends, family...literally anyone you know could watch videos of you and your family from the moment you were born. How incredibly invasive. What if photos or videos are used to bully or harass? I wonder if Stephanie and Lonnie have even thought about that? It makes me feel grateful that social media wasn’t really a thing until I was in college.

Stephanie is inconsistent with everything in her life. Her ever changing opinions about therapy do not surprise me one bit. I would love to know how often she cancels therapies for the kids too. I’m sure she doesn’t broadcast that if she’s consistently cancelling. She is fooling herself if she thinks she’s educating or representing anyone in the autism community.
nicolefrost
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nicolefrost »

Sounds like Lonnie is quitting his job. I mean I get it. I can’t imagine having 6 kids and 4 being special needs and all those appointments. I don’t blame her but I wish she was just real with saying she’s overwhelmed it’s not like her channel and live streaming doesn’t pay the bills I don’t know why Lonnie started working again anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Othegreat22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Othegreat22 »

Did you see the post that Stephanie made earlier?

Perhaps she doesn't know what suffering is like. Today is the 38th anniversary of my sisters passing and my parents had to watch her suffering for the three days she was alive on this either. Just be happy that your kids are all thriving despite their disabilities two of them with chronic illnesses. At least your kids aren't suffering.

My cat has CKD almoung other things and it's really hard seeing her waist away in front of me
Her kids aren't dying or waisting away. Honestly seeing a love one waisting away is worse. I'm sorry it's the truth

All I have to say is I'm so glad that social media wasn't a thing when my parents were raising my siblings. Can't imagine them crap talking about us like that.

You all choose this life Stephanie. It's your fault that you and your husband did not use protection when you had Penelope and your other kids. You could've stopped when you had Noah but you choose it to have three more kids. I think she was lying when she said "PeNeLoPe WaS A sUrPrIsEd"
BurghBaby
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BurghBaby »

Stephanie is now posting on TikTok bitching about Ashley, as apparently Ashley did the same to her.

How old are these women? It seems like the pair of them need to grow the hell up, this is preteen level behavior.
PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PissedOutDQ »

BurghBaby wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:38 pm Stephanie is now posting on TikTok bitching about Ashley, as apparently Ashley did the same to her.

How old are these women? It seems like the pair of them need to grow the hell up, this is preteen level behavior.
Who is this Ashley and what's her tiktok?
brittneypretty6
Talker
Talker

Unread post by brittneypretty6 »

This bitch has to have the Gypsy rose mom syndrome! She’s constantly at the doctor! When she ran out of kids now she goes constantly! Dam girl! It’s all gonna be alright!

nicolefrost
Amateur
Amateur

I actually really liked Lonnie vlogging we actually got to see the kids and especially Nellie seems to have a completely different personality around Lonnie then when Stephanie is vlogging. She’s such a cute little girl.

CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Lex has Congenital Heart Disease. Poor lad.
ZzzCupcakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ZzzCupcakes »

CognitiveDissonance wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:25 pm Lex has Congenital Heart Disease. Poor lad.
I really think they need to move closer to Denver. I know they have this dream of building a house and having a "farm" (lol), but they have SO many appointments in Denver. They've been there for a year now, and the appointments have not only not slowed down, but are becoming more frequent. Stephanie is constantly expressing how unhappy she is with the drive and being uncomfortable driving in the snow. I respect that they want to build a house so it is tailored specifically for their special needs kids, but SO much will probably change over the next 8+ years. Who knows what the kids' needs are going to be in the future? Or which kids are going to need to live at home through adulthood? Personally, I think they should hold off on building until they have a better idea of the kids' needs, and when they aren't driving to Denver for appointments multiple times per week.
Minpinmom2
Talker
Talker

I just watched the video about Lex’s heart. Poor guy. It perfectly explains why he was having all the symptoms that Stephanie attributed to malnutrition (losing weight, lethargy, looking grey, dark circles under his eyes, poor appetite, etc). In all fairness, I can sort of see how you could attribute that to malnutrition if that’s what you’re being told. It’s another one of those situations where it sounds like viewers were expressing concerns and Stephanie ignored it because what do viewers know? Viewers expressed concerns for months about Nellie having autism that were ignored - look how that turned out. It made me angry that she was describing all of these things with Lex like grey color, lethargy, and his lips were looking grey and that never once concerned her enough to take him to the hospital? He seemed “really sick” but didn’t have a cold and normally he’s really active?! No? Not a concern? At what point do you realize/wonder if it’s more than just malnutrition. It sounds like the doctors in FL *did* recommend an ECHO, but wouldn’t ‘give them an order’.I don’t know, I’m calling BS. I think Stephanie didn’t follow through and now it’s the “oh shit, we could have detected this earlier. Now I need to blame the Florida doctors” narrative. I don’t remember Lex looking so rough as a little guy, I wonder if he’s becoming more symptomatic as it’s progressing or as he grows? Either way, I do feel bad for him and I’m glad they know so they can get him the care he needs.
Minpinmom2
Talker
Talker

ZzzCupcakes wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pm
CognitiveDissonance wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:25 pm Lex has Congenital Heart Disease. Poor lad.
I really think they need to move closer to Denver. I know they have this dream of building a house and having a "farm" (lol), but they have SO many appointments in Denver. They've been there for a year now, and the appointments have not only not slowed down, but are becoming more frequent. Stephanie is constantly expressing how unhappy she is with the drive and being uncomfortable driving in the snow. I respect that they want to build a house so it is tailored specifically for their special needs kids, but SO much will probably change over the next 8+ years. Who knows what the kids' needs are going to be in the future? Or which kids are going to need to live at home through adulthood? Personally, I think they should hold off on building until they have a better idea of the kids' needs, and when they aren't driving to Denver for appointments multiple times per week.
I had to laugh when Stephanie was complaining about the snow and driving in the snow. Just last year they all lOvEd ThE sNoW so much??? Bahahaha. Just wait girl! Give it a few more years and you’ll stop romanticizing the idea of living in the mountains and how pretty snow is
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

Minpinmom2 wrote:I just watched the video about Lex’s heart. Poor guy. It perfectly explains why he was having all the symptoms that Stephanie attributed to malnutrition (losing weight, lethargy, looking grey, dark circles under his eyes, poor appetite, etc). In all fairness, I can sort of see how you could attribute that to malnutrition if that’s what you’re being told. It’s another one of those situations where it sounds like viewers were expressing concerns and Stephanie ignored it because what do viewers know? Viewers expressed concerns for months about Nellie having autism that were ignored - look how that turned out. It made me angry that she was describing all of these things with Lex like grey color, lethargy, and his lips were looking grey and that never once concerned her enough to take him to the hospital? He seemed “really sick” but didn’t have a cold and normally he’s really active?! No? Not a concern? At what point do you realize/wonder if it’s more than just malnutrition. It sounds like the doctors in FL *did* recommend an ECHO, but wouldn’t ‘give them an order’.I don’t know, I’m calling BS. I think Stephanie didn’t follow through and now it’s the “oh shit, we could have detected this earlier. Now I need to blame the Florida doctors” narrative. I don’t remember Lex looking so rough as a little guy, I wonder if he’s becoming more symptomatic as it’s progressing or as he grows? Either way, I do feel bad for him and I’m glad they know so they can get him the care he needs.
My son is an extremely picky eater and he never loses weight or has lethargy. I do supplement him with an iron vitamin though, because I know low iron can cause all of the symptoms Lex has. It is surprising to me that she just didn’t get him blood work done or some thing to rule out anything else, besides a heart issue. I feel like I can’t even watch Stephanie anymore because all of this is just too sad.

ZzzCupcakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ZzzCupcakes »

LexiRae wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:45 am
Minpinmom2 wrote:I just watched the video about Lex’s heart. Poor guy. It perfectly explains why he was having all the symptoms that Stephanie attributed to malnutrition (losing weight, lethargy, looking grey, dark circles under his eyes, poor appetite, etc). In all fairness, I can sort of see how you could attribute that to malnutrition if that’s what you’re being told. It’s another one of those situations where it sounds like viewers were expressing concerns and Stephanie ignored it because what do viewers know? Viewers expressed concerns for months about Nellie having autism that were ignored - look how that turned out. It made me angry that she was describing all of these things with Lex like grey color, lethargy, and his lips were looking grey and that never once concerned her enough to take him to the hospital? He seemed “really sick” but didn’t have a cold and normally he’s really active?! No? Not a concern? At what point do you realize/wonder if it’s more than just malnutrition. It sounds like the doctors in FL *did* recommend an ECHO, but wouldn’t ‘give them an order’.I don’t know, I’m calling BS. I think Stephanie didn’t follow through and now it’s the “oh shit, we could have detected this earlier. Now I need to blame the Florida doctors” narrative. I don’t remember Lex looking so rough as a little guy, I wonder if he’s becoming more symptomatic as it’s progressing or as he grows? Either way, I do feel bad for him and I’m glad they know so they can get him the care he needs.
My son is an extremely picky eater and he never loses weight or has lethargy. I do supplement him with an iron vitamin though, because I know low iron can cause all of the symptoms Lex has. It is surprising to me that she just didn’t get him blood work done or some thing to rule out anything else, besides a heart issue. I feel like I can’t even watch Stephanie anymore because all of this is just too sad.

What I found the most frustrating was when she was describing Lex a few weeks ago looking grey and having lost a few pounds, and she didn't take him to the doctor because she "didn't know what else it could be"!!! WHAT!? That's what doctors are FOR. Does she seriously think she's a medical professional or know as much as them?

Plus, iron deficiency usually makes one pale. Sometimes a bit yellow depending on the cause. Grey is a serious color. I can't imagine a medical professional not digging deeper if a parent describes their child having days where they look grey. Something seems so off here.
Lufyfras
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lufyfras »

Did she say she got the COVID shot?
I know she said she got a shot...but how can it already be her turn?

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Lufyfras wrote:Did she say she got the COVID shot?
I know she said she got a shot...but how can it already be her turn?

Some states (would have to look up Colorado to be sure), are vaccinating caregivers of high risk individuals. So if you have proof of being a primary caregiver, which Stephanie does, some states are prioritizing those people. I personally think it’s a great idea. Not that Stephanie’s kids are the highest Covid risks but some are still more vulnerable for different reasons and none of them are old enough to get it themselves. So you do the next best thing and vaccinate the caregiver. Applies to those caring for elderly parents as well. The qualifications vary widely from state to state, for example, my governor seems to hate teachers and has continued to keep them off the essential list, while other essential workers are allowed to sign up for the wait lists only.

Othegreat22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Othegreat22 »

I just got through watching the food video and do you guys think lex should go on an appetite stimulant? I feel like that can help him at least eat some food. I know they prescribe appetite stimulant to cats that won't eat because of diseases.
nicolefrost
Amateur
Amateur

Othegreat22 wrote:I just got through watching the food video and do you guys think lex should go on an appetite stimulant? I feel like that can help him at least eat some food. I know they prescribe appetite stimulant to cats that won't eat because of diseases.
So my son was on appetite stimulants and they can cause some aggression and with lexs behaviors as they already are they might be hesitant to try them. He should be seeing a food therapist though at the least. To try to help him get over his sensory issues with food.

Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

Just here to read about the video she just released. I don’t watch this family but 14 minutes in and I was stressed.

Return to “I-P”