Unread post by ohaudrey »

Is there a thread for this chick?
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Our Landing Crew

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

Oh the one who thinks she knows everything about Autism???
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AutumnLane »

You can tell that she and Noah have a special bond. She is so incredibly patient with him. I have a special needs child and I especially find the comment section on her videos interesting. Honestly not so much now that she has grown so large. I enjoyed her channel better when it was much smaller. The comment section had a small community feel. Overall I really like the channel and the message she is spreading about autism acceptance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I also have an autistic child and I can not understand some of her opinions and choosing to have more kids. She had Noah, who is moderate-severely autistic... Then the 3 year old who I think seems on the spectrum. Then the infant who carries the gene. Plus two average developing. That is A LOT. Has she ever explained why she home schools?
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

F
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Shes annoying

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Adp1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Adp1993 »

ohaudrey wrote:I also have an autistic child and I can not understand some of her opinions and choosing to have more kids. She had Noah, who is moderate-severely autistic... Then the 3 year old who I think seems on the spectrum. Then the infant who carries the gene. Plus two average developing. That is A LOT. Has she ever explained why she home schools?
I've only watched a few of her videos, but she mentioned living in Jacksonville Florida. The schools there are horrible. And with 5 kids they probably can't afford private school tuition.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I just can’t get into her channel. Some of her videos are ok but she sure is full of herself.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

I appreciate how she has fought for Noah and how fiercely she loves him.

She is really....loud and high strung.

And have you seen her speed cleaning video? Makes the Jessfam house look like a spotless palace.
foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I just can’t get into her channel. Some of her videos are ok but she sure is full of herself.

Yes! This is how I feel also.
Daphne32
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Daphne32 »

I’m from Jacksonville, FL and it is a wonderful city...if you aren’t poor. As an adult, I realize how lucky I was to grow up in a beautiful area by the St. John’s River and attend a private school. The magnet schools are great, too, btw. I kept seeing Stephanie’s (is that her name?) videos in my recommendation feed and finally clicked on one. I feel bad for her. They live in a trailer park, and I can’t for the life of me imagine having that many children, especially all the ones with special needs, but some women can do it, and she’s obviously one of them. What does her husband do? Is he still in the military?
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

This lady is super obnoxious. And please someone teach her how to apply makeup correctly so that she doesn't look like a clown.
Okiemomma
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okiemomma »

Daphne32 wrote:I’m from Jacksonville, FL and it is a wonderful city...if you aren’t poor. As an adult, I realize how lucky I was to grow up in a beautiful area by the St. John’s River and attend a private school. The magnet schools are great, too, btw. I kept seeing Stephanie’s (is that her name?) videos in my recommendation feed and finally clicked on one. I feel bad for her. They live in a trailer park, and I can’t for the life of me imagine having that many children, especially all the ones with special needs, but some women can do it, and she’s obviously one of them. What does her husband do? Is he still in the military?

I'd like to know that too. You'd figure if he was that she would be complaining because tricare does not cover autism services. They have to be enrolled in Echo (which costs, due to it being cost share)
ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

This woman rubs me the wrong way.

As a sibling, daughter, and fiancé of men with Autism; I am very well educated and know how hard it can be.

But I feel like she is reaching and WANTS all her kids to be autistic. Every single video it's like "AUTISM TEST???!" HE'S A BABY FOR CHRISTSAKE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I am not very knowledgeable on autism but I thought Doctor's won't even test until 2 years old. This baby is what 2 months?!?

ytdramaqueen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ytdramaqueen »

Kaylor1 wrote:I am not very knowledgeable on autism but I thought Doctor's won't even test until 2 years old. This baby is what 2 months?!?

From everything I know yeah. The damn baby can't even crawl yet. She is ridiculous

Okiemomma
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Okiemomma »

Most won't make a diagnosis until 18-24 months is what we were told by our pediatrician. My son was unable to be diagnosed early due to the resources available when i was married to my ex husband. But I wish I had been able to. I think the lady is obsessed with having an autistic child because diagnoses are on the rise and she thinks it is somehow fashionable and wants sympathy.

Unread post by Guest »

It seems that being “that autism mom” is so much a part of her identity that she’s begun looking for signs and reasons to perpetuate it. She is undoubtedly a strong advocate for her son(s), and a devoted parent, and I can appreciate the way she shows her home and family in a genuine light (ex: messes, imperfect furnishings, and not hiding that they live in a trailer park of sorts,) but can be rather full-on. I respect that she doesn’t show Noah’s meltdowns, or even describe them in specific terms. She’s stated that she homeschools all the kids b/c Noah needed to be, and the other two were given the choice to join him. As a homeschooling parent, she’s pretty crap when it comes to her older kids, if only because she leaves them to work independently when they still need guidance. She is full of herself, and can be dramatic as hell, but seems genuinely positive, and I appreciate the information she shares.
NellieNovember
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NellieNovember »

Is she pregnant again???
KLBooze
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by KLBooze »

NellieNovember wrote:Is she pregnant again???
I hope not. She really needs to have genetic testing first

Return to “I-P”