Phil and Alex | Crowdfunding Our Way Through Life | Part 2

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex Crowdfunding our way through life

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

"Love Multiplies" started out as their slogan, and they would repeat incessantly. The shirts were an additional revenue stream, and I think P+A hoped the shirts would get them some additional exposure (just like all the other vloggers who sell merch). The nonprofit didn't come into play until a while later.

ETA: They claim the charity is to "encourage healthy families," whatever that even means. So far I don't think they have helped anyone other than themselves, because heaven knows they would vlog about it in extreme detail.
basicwitches
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by basicwitches »

RecklessDisregard wrote: ETA: They claim the charity is to "encourage healthy families," whatever that even means. So far I don't think they have helped anyone other than themselves, because heaven knows they would vlog about it in extreme detail.
I'm wondering if they are giving away an adoption grant like E&J's ivf one on their website they want to giveaway "love gifts", maybe that's what the lawyer was for? It says their tax exempt status is pending with the IRS. I'm really wondering why they asked for IVF money instead of money for their charity if they wanted to help other instead they wanted to help themselves. What do you think happened on Thursday? They know what they are doing leaving that in the vlog and not updating anyone. They are loving the attention however i'm sure phil will say it's too hard to talk about and put sad music over and start crying again ... (that came off so mean! Sorry but typing always comes off harsher than if i were to say it out loud)
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

I think Alex has to be in denial. She has knowledge of how obstectrics works. She did study obstectrics as part of her education to become a nurse. She clings to stories I believe viewers tell her of their little embryo that could.

Basicwitches- they say their "charity" is to help families with adoption and IF issues grow families. So far all they've done is grow their own by having several Go fund me type fundraisers for their family, but get this they did a video called "how we afford adoption" and they claimed they lived on 1 income and were frugal. They raised 30K this way and that doesn't include what no doubt their church donated to them.

My thing is most people save their own money to do IVF and adoption. Then there are the couples who exploit their stories so they don't have to. There was a couple in wisconsin that was going to the media asking for people to donate to them because they'd adopted twice and did IVF. I get that they'd want to do the adoptions and I'm being generous accepting of that because both sets of twins were bio siblings. But they had not paid for or completed those adoptions when they decided 4 kids wasn't enough and they did IVF and conceived twins. It's like why didn't you wait until you finalized and paid for both sets of twins adoptions before doing IVF.

Keep in mind they've admitted that they are living off of donations ATM.
sammet

Unread post by sammet »

Hi, I haven't read through this thread, but I just had to say, THAT DOCTOR IS AN IDIOT. she has given false hope over and over again, its obvious even to a layman that this pregnancy is just not going well. It was obvious from the start, it is so ridiculously unprofessional to pretend like everything could suddenly magically work in their favour when almost all the evidence points otherwise.

also, why did they announce they were pregnant to everyone so quick, and act like it was a sure thing? they are lining themselves up for more heartbreak.
maggielim
Talker
Talker

Unread post by maggielim »

DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL THIS?

something about alex really bothers me. i feel like she feels she's entitled to pregnancy. its fine to want it but i feel like she truly feels that she deserves it above all. it feels like she has that mentality "i run a charity, im married, im middle class and im a nurse, i deserve to be a mom, why not me."

i dont know how to explain it. but her complaining about callie's mom having second thoughts bugs me. her constantly posting about how "upset" the birth moms were after birth upsets me too. its almost as if she's envious and chooses to relive the pain those women went through. over and over. discussing private moments of how the birth moms sobbed after handing them over. why share that painful and personal information with the world? you're adopting her daughter. of course she's fuckin sobbing. no little girl dreams of the day where she has to put her daughter up for adoption. even if it was sincere, youd think after seeing a woman sob over her newborn child and then hand her over to you, you'd at least appreciate the baby and finally stop complaining about infertility for at least A DAY.

everyone loves her but i see right through the bullshit. this woman is greedy and entitled. she will spend ANYONE'S money to get what she wants.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Kinsley and Callie's stories were very different. They seemed to have a very breezy transition through the whole process with Kinsley. I'm not saying Kinsley's BM wasn't upset but she did handle it differently than Callie's mom did.

I was turned off with how Alex talked about how Callie's mom was dealing with the process. She had a C section and was dealing with the loss that this baby would not be her daughter and she wouldn't do all the wonderful things moms do for their daughters or with their daughters. She was dealing with loss and a tragic situation. A day prior she asked Alex if she would like to do skin to skin. I can't remember if she did or not, but the next day while BM was in the shower she decided to do skin to skin, and BM came out of the shower and was surprised with Alex doing skin to skin with Callie. Understandably BM was upset. Being upset at sights that you're not expecting and a relationship your having to say goodbye to is part of the grief process and I can't wrap my mind around why Alex did so in that way knowing BM could come out and be blindsided by it.

I think a lot of things they shared during Callie's adoption video should've been kept private.

It's always been a peeve of mine how Alex always acts like she has it so bad. Statistically speaking their journey is very different than that of other IF patients. And while desiring to be pregnant and have a bio child is normal to desire and everything. Acting like your going through something when you in 5 short years of marriage can say you are the parents of two healthy girls born just 16 months apart.

A lot of things they've been open with about adoption should've been kept private. I highly doubt Callie's mom was ok with the video throwing her under the bus.
Itsmyopinionn83
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Itsmyopinionn83 »

Maybe she should try working in a different part of the hospital. Even tho she doesnt work much at all- being around itty bitty babies and desperately wanting another baby has to be hard.
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

So when is their next ultrasound? They should know the truth then. A non viable pregnancy can’t be drawn out forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

prettyll wrote:So when is their next ultrasound? They should know the truth then. A non viable pregnancy can’t be drawn out forever.

My guess is a week from last ultrasound. I know the videos are 2-3 days behind. She posted the first ultrasound on March 6th on IG. I'm assuming that's when the first ultrasound was done. They posted the 2nd ultrasound on twitter 5 days ago and I'm assuming they'd repeat the ultrasound every 7 days. Alex should know based on her medical knowledge. The video of the ultrasound where she's saying a "friend" which sounds better than a youtube viewer whom who knows if their making it up and they could've been a spontaneous conception vs an IVF or FET conception in which case they can be different as far as what you'd expect to see on ultrasound. I think it's insane that the clinic and Phil and alex continue to allow for this to continue. You don't have to be actively bleeding for there to have been a miscarriage. A lot of people have what is called a missed miscarriage where the pregnancy stops growing but the pregnancy continues on.

Also I have noticed that the ultrasound video has 60 thumbs down which is more than the video they clickbaited with where Phil made dinner for friends who had a miscarriage.
Last edited by eab424 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missy777
Talker
Talker

Unread post by missy777 »

Knowing their doctor we could reach 12 weeks with no baby or heartbeat and the doctor would say we are still in this!! Praise be to jesus
maggielim
Talker
Talker

missy777 wrote:Knowing their doctor we could reach 12 weeks with no baby or heartbeat and the doctor would say we are still in this!! Praise be to jesus
i bet! i wouldn't be surprised. i don't know what excuse the doctor made but that baby cant survive without a yolk sac and it's not like its in there hiding, There's only so much room.
Thoughtful26

Re: Phil and Alex

Unread post by Thoughtful26 »

I have recently come across this YouTube channel. They seem like genuinely nice people, although as others point out, a little dramatic. My immediate reaction was that this women was very sweet, empathic, and really tied to the idea of being a mother and that he seems like he might be gay. My gaydar went off immediately. It’s not just effeminate speech and mannerisms it’s the way he looks at her and interacts with her physically that raised my suspicions. I was wondering if others noticed this right away too? It’s not uncommon for the combination of a very empathic woman with strong desires for the picture perfect family to choose a gay partner subconsciously who wants more than anything also to have that idealized family life vs admit his true desires. Especially in the religious community. They remind me very specifically of a couple who I have made acquaintance a few years ago who now have a 3 year old child and going through divorce after he realized he couldn’t keep repressing his true self. She is still in denile by the way, and believes it’s a phase. I remember figuring out their situation in only about 3 months because of the way he interacted with her physically as well but was surprised when it actually came to light. Very painful to watch someone go through
maggielim
Talker
Talker

Thoughtful26 wrote:I have recently come across this YouTube channel. They seem like genuinely nice people, although as others point out, a little dramatic. My immediate reaction was that this women was very sweet, empathic, and really tied to the idea of being a mother and that he seems like he might be gay. My gaydar went off immediately. It’s not just effeminate speech and mannerisms it’s the way he looks at her and interacts with her physically that raised my suspicions. I was wondering if others noticed this right away too? It’s not uncommon for the combination of a very empathic woman with strong desires for the picture perfect family to choose a gay partner subconsciously who wants more than anything also to have that idealized family life vs admit his true desires. Especially in the religious community. They remind me very specifically of a couple who I have made acquaintance a few years ago who now have a 3 year old child and going through divorce after he realized he couldn’t keep repressing his true self. She is still in denile by the way, and believes it’s a phase. I remember figuring out their situation in only about 3 months because of the way he interacted with her physically as well but was surprised when it actually came to light. Very painful to watch someone go through

just wait until you see jared from ellie and jared. oh man, the religious side of family vloggers is filled to the rim with gay men.

however, i get a bisexual vibe from phil if anything. once you start watching more videos, you'll see the gay vibe tone down. he's definitely eccentric and energetic. very talktive and in your face like a gay man but its probably because of his time as a pastor
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Thoughtful26 wrote:I have recently come across this YouTube channel. They seem like genuinely nice people, although as others point out, a little dramatic. My immediate reaction was that this women was very sweet, empathic, and really tied to the idea of being a mother and that he seems like he might be gay. My gaydar went off immediately. It’s not just effeminate speech and mannerisms it’s the way he looks at her and interacts with her physically that raised my suspicions. I was wondering if others noticed this right away too? It’s not uncommon for the combination of a very empathic woman with strong desires for the picture perfect family to choose a gay partner subconsciously who wants more than anything also to have that idealized family life vs admit his true desires. Especially in the religious community. They remind me very specifically of a couple who I have made acquaintance a few years ago who now have a 3 year old child and going through divorce after he realized he couldn’t keep repressing his true self. She is still in denile by the way, and believes it’s a phase. I remember figuring out their situation in only about 3 months because of the way he interacted with her physically as well but was surprised when it actually came to light. Very painful to watch someone go through
I can see that, He lives in California so if he wanted to be a pastor and live the life he wanted to (with a male partner and children) He could. With their story about how they dated in college and got married and tried to have children I don't suspect that. Also if he thought he was gay I would think he'd go pastor at a church that was LBGTQ+ friendly and the last church he pastored at wasn't. They tried to hide that fact in a statement but it's clear what they mean.

I have a different take on Alex. She's very dramatic and is constantly woe is me. 9 months after Kinsley was born, adopted and brought home they made this video titled IF still hurts. Most people in the IF community are offended by their videos because they focus so much on how their story didn't work out how they wanted, their family isn't being grown how Alex wanted etc.

They admitted in a recent video that they didn't send out christmas cards because they were upset they weren't pregnant yet. This was their first christmas as a married couple and they were married all of 4 months.

Going back to the "Infertility still hurts" in the video they say they got nothing but bad news in 2015, which was the year Kinsley was born and they became her parents.

Then in Callie's adoption/birth video they talk about things that should've been kept private and spoke about Callie's birth mom in an innapropriate way because she was having a tough time after Callie's birth and before placement began. It made Alex look like a spoiled brat.

Phil is annoying and over the top and alex is so woe is me (before this pregnancy drama began)

Welcome and since this thread reached 40+ Pages a new thread was started and you can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=196&t=13504&start=50
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

missy777 wrote:Knowing their doctor we could reach 12 weeks with no baby or heartbeat and the doctor would say we are still in this!! Praise be to jesus
I think this week the doctor will make her decision. A lot of people were confused with the ultrasound video, that was the PA talking not her doctor. She's more like a nurse with a little more schooling. She gave the info and the ultrasound to her doctor and I believe on Tuesday or Wednesday they'll repeat the ultrasound and go from there. I think a lot of this has been ALex and phil driving the bus on this and from what the PA told her they said 90% this won't end favorably. Most likely it's the medications Alex is on that is keeping her "pregnant". I believe this is a missed miscarriage. No yolk sack. looks like there was issues with the embryo developing and it stopped more than a week ago. Eventually, sadly this will be a miscarriage. I've had a friend do IVF and FET and she miscarried. I believe the reason why she's not bleeding now is due to the injections she's given everyday.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

If I have to hear Phil start another sentence by addressing us as "friends"
missy777
Talker
Talker

GetYouTubesTied wrote:If I have to hear Phil start another sentence by addressing us as "friends" Image
I know, right?

Apparently the next video is the thursday ultrasound. Which was a 'whirlwind' and multiple other confusing words to confuse us and make us want to click and watch the video :? :?

surely, as friends, he could just say it was bad/good?

But nooo. They need their friends to supply views/money

(if you look at the tweets from the 15th however it was that 'god didn't fail you. there's reason for your pain' stuff. So clearly not good news
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

eab424 wrote:
I think this week the doctor will make her decision. A lot of people were confused with the ultrasound video, that was the PA talking not her doctor. She's more like a nurse with a little more schooling. She gave the info and the ultrasound to her doctor and I believe on Tuesday or Wednesday they'll repeat the ultrasound and go from there. I think a lot of this has been ALex and phil driving the bus on this and from what the PA told her they said 90% this won't end favorably. Most likely it's the medications Alex is on that is keeping her "pregnant". I believe this is a missed miscarriage. No yolk sack. looks like there was issues with the embryo developing and it stopped more than a week ago. Eventually, sadly this will be a miscarriage. I've had a friend do IVF and FET and she miscarried. I believe the reason why she's not bleeding now is due to the injections she's given everyday.
Saying a PA is comparable to a nurse with a little more schooling is sort of a slap in the face to both professions. She’s a masters trained medical professional with zero background in nursing who can prescribe meds and is perfectly qualified to be performing and reading ultrasounds. The doctor would probably just be reviewing the ultrasound to make Phil and Alex feel better, not because she had to to confirm the results. Her assessment should not be discounted because she’s “just” a PA.

LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Yeah from their cryptic tweets I’m guessing it’s another “probably not but let’s keep doing ultrasounds”. The RE clinic I went to seriously lacked compassion but holy crap would I rather that than be strung along like P&A. Also - all of those extra ultrasounds and blood work aren’t free! Waiting is tough but jeez...you’d think they’d stretch them out until they could make a more definitive missed miscarriage diagnosis.
missy777
Talker
Talker

Finally the doctor sort of told her this is doomed.
Anddddd she was wrong about her hcg levels being over 1600 because she was in the car and driving ...

Apparently after today’s ultrasound they are going to call it

Return to “Phil and Alex”