Phil and Alex part 3: Go fund our lives and a bio child.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Phil and Alex part 3: Go fund our lives and a bio child.

Unread post by Kataja »

Sahettwer wrote:Long time lurker, first time posting because I just can’t with these two anymore. Image someone please tell me they also saw her Instagram story from last night? Still holding on to that twin theory even though there was nothing in the other sac..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking exactly same! Having necklace is fine but why to cling to an idea of twins when there was actually nothing in the other sac (was it at all a separate sac or part of the sac that was broken?)
Maybe they are on the same pain game like Joan and John! Twins would ''double'' the lost.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AuntieEm »

Kataja wrote:
Sahettwer wrote:Long time lurker, first time posting because I just can’t with these two anymore. Image someone please tell me they also saw her Instagram story from last night? Still holding on to that twin theory even though there was nothing in the other sac..
I was thinking exactly same! Having necklace is fine but why to cling to an idea of twins when there was actually nothing in the other sac (was it at all a separate sac or part of the sac that was broken?)
Maybe they are on the same pain game like Joan and John! Twins would ''double'' the lost.
Drama.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Anyone know what their “HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT” is? I can’t be bothered watching when I know it’ll just be click bait.

Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Bundy wrote:Anyone know what their “HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT” is? I can’t be bothered watching when I know it’ll just be click bait.

I got sucked in by the clickbait. Their Love Multiplies thing is giving away their first grant for either an adoption or IVF treatment at some convention they are going to.

CountryLove
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CountryLove »

Image why does she bug her eyes out like that when she's emotional? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 368a0a.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201806 ... 9e25e6.jpg[/img]

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk
Full time mommy & part time student
please excuse grammar and spelling errors, I'm using my cell phone.
Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

She got the same bug-eyed look while listening to that voicemail that said the second sac from her miscarriage was empty. They’re crazy eyes.
Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

I’ve also noticed a lot of over the top expressions and hand gestures, especially in more recent vlogs. It’s just so disingenuous and honestly creepy. What IS this screen cap?

Also the fact that she called the Love Multiplies thing a “scholarship.” Scholarships are for students. I think this money would be considered a bursary or something like that. And where are they getting the money for that? Donations? Do we know whether this a legitimate charity yet? Because they really haven’t done much with it. And I don’t understand how they make a living on a part time nurse salary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

These people are so boring it’s sad. They won’t gain a huge following. Maybe once they have a baby but by then everyone will lose interest. It’s sad that you have to have a baby or your own to gain a little bit of a following.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

It's not even a part time nursing income. She's supplemental. Their channel has been doing better than it used to, in terms of views and apparently sponsorships. The last time I watched, during their camera ad, Alex described the YT income as fractions of pennies, which is disingenuous at best.

Did you guys see this article: https://www.apu.edu/articles/one-couple ... thousands/

Re: channel never exploding - I don't feel bad for them. It's true that family vloggers tend to become more popular when they're pregnant and after they give birth. But that's because of the niche they have chosen. The only thing of interest that they have to contribute to YT is their fertility or lack thereof, and that's on them. YT viewers don't owe them a living just because life isn't working out the way they wanted it to. There are plenty of other niches that don't thrive exclusively on infancy, but P+A don't have anything else to offer.

I actually think Phil should reconsider leaving the ministry, or focusing his "ministry" on "encouraging" the IF community. He is a natural born preacher, and I think he could potentially blow up on YT in that capacity, rather than as a family vlogger. Which is not to say that I like him, or think that would constitute "good" content, or would support his channel. But televangelists made it big when TV was the technology of the moment. No reason YT should be different, IMO, if the message was well-composed and correctly targeted.

I really don't get their decision to stake their financial future on fertility when they are suffering from infertility.
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

Uhhhhh...their charity gave away two 1k “scholarships”

That’s like $1 in infertility funds. Literally 1 vial of sperm can cost 1k w/shipping.

I’m glad they are making an effort but I feel like they should’ve waited or at least given the 2k to one couple. That might’ve covered the majority of an IUI cycle.
beachgirlguessin

Unread post by beachgirlguessin »

A part-time NICU nurse in inland Orange County probably makes about 40k a year, and they probably make 10-15k a year off their views and ads. Just enough to rent a small two bedroom apartment in that area. They fund the fertility with their BS charity. I think they are going to give small "scholarships" or donations in the 1k range about once year out so that it seems like their "charity" is functional with many months of teasers leading up to these events. Meanwhile, they will pay themselves salaries off of the NPO and justify using funds for their own IVF. I'm especially annoyed that they posted an entire video telling people how to be financially responsible and how they lived off of one salary and saved the other to pay for treatments when that is a lie. I think followers should start demanding transparency with the charity.
SerendipitySusan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by SerendipitySusan »

I find these two completely unsympathetic as a couple facing infertility. There are some TLC vlogs where the ONLY THING they ever talk about is TTC. It just gets so tiresome. I rarely bother to watch their blogs. Just so, so boring.

angelmamma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by angelmamma »

Did anyone else see the video on BuzzFeed regarding MFI with Phil? Took me by surprise today when I saw him on BuzzFeed...
Schnatterinchen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Schnatterinchen »

They probably asked BuzzFeed to make a video about that topic, because their views are so low for a while now.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

I'm literally only watching the vlogs for Callie at this point. She's such a cutie and really the only draw for me. Don't think I watched more than two videos the entire month of June...so boring!
Schnatterinchen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Schnatterinchen »

Not even the chance of money can make people watch it... I´m sure they expected more than 10 000 views...
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

I was hoping they would show how they did meals on the camping trip.But when Alex thew the chicken bones away,I figure they must've gotten take out
Angelsong01
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Angelsong01 »

What did they expect camping with two tiny children? Very patronising.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Considering they've been doing this "love Multiplies" BS for nearly a year and they give out 1k grants out to two couples is a JOKE. You can't even get a procedure done for that. They had an investors meeting at the college they attended. Prices vary for fertility procedures but I can't think of anything this would really make a difference with.

They sell tshirts etc and also have people who are ignorant enough to donate. It breaks down to $181 a month from the time it started until they finally gave out something. I can't call it a grant or a scholarship. Considering they had a go fund me that raised them 8 grand, when they only needed 4, and everything else considered I'd be embarrassed if that's all I were giving to a couple. In Most places IVF costs 16-20 grand.

I did see that article about investors etc a while back. As far as her making 40K a year with just working a few days a month no way. A nicu nurse does not make $69 an hour.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I just watched the urgent care vacation episode and all I can conclude is that Alex is the most dramatic sick person ever. I can’t imagine the handling pregnancy well at all. Every time we see her sick or hurting it’s so extreme and dramatic (let’s all remember that earache plane ride) like my lord I couldn’t put up with that.

Return to “Phil and Alex”