LoeppkysLife

holy_fuuc
Amateur
Amateur

Re: LoeppkysLife

Unread post by holy_fuuc »

This may be an unpopular opinion given the current situation, but, she needs to send Eloise to school. They have relatively low numbers of Corona in her area. I understand wanting to keep her home, I think she would regardless of Corona. But for her sanity and honestly for Eloise to be socialized and learn more than Deliah can ever teach her at home. This would also give Deliah some one on one time with Theo, more time to herself, and perhaps be less overwhelmed.

I kept my daughter home with me until she was just over 3... I am fortunate to work from home, long before Covid. This was a privilege I had. However, I realized that her mental and emotional well-being was beginning to outweigh the physical convenience and even danger with Corona (she started in September). She learns SO MUCH more than I could have taught her at home, she's learning social skills, including proper behavior and following directions. She thrives at school. I really think 3/4's of Deliah's problems would be solved if Eloise went to school 5 days a week.
bridzs
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by bridzs »

holy_fuuc wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am This may be an unpopular opinion given the current situation, but, she needs to send Eloise to school. They have relatively low numbers of Corona in her area. I understand wanting to keep her home, I think she would regardless of Corona. But for her sanity and honestly for Eloise to be socialized and learn more than Deliah can ever teach her at home. This would also give Deliah some one on one time with Theo, more time to herself, and perhaps be less overwhelmed.

I kept my daughter home with me until she was just over 3... I am fortunate to work from home, long before Covid. This was a privilege I had. However, I realized that her mental and emotional well-being was beginning to outweigh the physical convenience and even danger with Corona (she started in September). She learns SO MUCH more than I could have taught her at home, she's learning social skills, including proper behavior and following directions. She thrives at school. I really think 3/4's of Deliah's problems would be solved if Eloise went to school 5 days a week.
When she keeps saying how extroverted and social Eloise is im always tempted to ask her how she even knows. My preschooler is a textbook introvert, but she wont shut up at home and wants our attention on her 24/7. How you act at home is not the same. .
sadasfuck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sadasfuck »

holy_fuuc wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 am This may be an unpopular opinion given the current situation, but, she needs to send Eloise to school. They have relatively low numbers of Corona in her area. I understand wanting to keep her home, I think she would regardless of Corona. But for her sanity and honestly for Eloise to be socialized and learn more than Deliah can ever teach her at home. This would also give Deliah some one on one time with Theo, more time to herself, and perhaps be less overwhelmed.

I actually agree with you that preschool would be great for Eloise, especially because she is very outgoing and talkative, and could actually socialize and play with other kids her age. She would love it. She seems bored all the time at home too, like she just kinda runs around the house, follows her mom, gets into things, and gets on Delilah's last nerve. It would be good for Delilah's sanity too, especially because Eloise annoys her so much especially with how talkative she is. I think getting Eloise off her hands for a few hours a day would help her get more done or not be as overwhelmed, even if she still has Theo. But then she wouldn't be able to complain as much and we know how much she loves for people to pity her. I do think it might be good to wait just because of Covid but school would do wonders for Eloise.
sadasfuck
Informer
Informer

Unread post by sadasfuck »

Also kinda off-topic but are we starting a new thread soon? I know Rottiemama came on here about a week ago asking about thread titles. Just curious!
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

sadasfuck wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 pm Also kinda off-topic but are we starting a new thread soon? I know Rottiemama came on here about a week ago asking about thread titles. Just curious!
New thread ladies!! viewtopic.php?f=196&t=16535

😘😘😘😘

Return to “I-P”