Sobinski
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LoeppkysLife

Unread post by Sobinski »

I've posted this before in this thread:

He's always been small. If your kid was in the 75th percentile and then suddenly drops to the 10th, that's an issue for concern. If he was born in the 15th and now sits at the 5th, that's fine. The important thing is that he stays on his curve.

He appears smaller/younger than he is because his hair hasn't grown in yet.
kaitlin3
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kaitlin3 »

Sobinski wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:50 am I've posted this before in this thread:

He's always been small. If your kid was in the 75th percentile and then suddenly drops to the 10th, that's an issue for concern. If he was born in the 15th and now sits at the 5th, that's fine. The important thing is that he stays on his curve.

I don't know where your get your info but Theo was born weighing 7 lbs 1 oz which was at 38,5 percentile...at one year he was 17 pounds which was 2nd percentile...I think "failure to thrive" is the case here from medical point of view...
JanetheJabberwocky
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JanetheJabberwocky »

Sobinski wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:50 am I've posted this before in this thread:

^^^^ This comment right here. I completely agree. I actually took my own child in because of the comments here since my baby is very petite, like Theo. Our doctor laughed after the checkup because “babies come in all shapes and sizes and that’s only a problem with people on the internet.” As long as he’s making progress, which he clearly is, and she’s taking him in for checkups when they’re due to be sure, there’s absolutely no cause for concern.
dessywessy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dessywessy »

I actually like her “thrifting my pinterest wardrobe” videos. I like influencers showing that you don’t always need to shop at expensive and high end stores to get looks you see on Pinterest. It’s also a nice break from her vlogs
don’t sweat the petty things, and don’t pet the sweaty things
celestialll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by celestialll »

dessywessy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:20 pm I actually like her “thrifting my pinterest wardrobe” videos. I like influencers showing that you don’t always need to shop at expensive and high end stores to get looks you see on Pinterest. It’s also a nice break from her vlogs
yeah tbh i'd be fine if her channel was thrifting videos. the stores there look so good (compared to what we have in los angeles which is all h&m and other garbage). I think I'm just happy that I didn't have to watch a video with her eye rolling Eloise. I think she has an eye for thrifting and I would rather see these videos than her "parenting".

but lol at that stupid ugly wooden truck. as a mom you should know kids are attracted to COLOR, I would be amazed if theo showed any interest in that dumb truck
LisaLulu22
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LisaLulu22 »

I'm still in shock that she bought something pink
Sobinski
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sobinski »

celestialll wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:13 pm
dessywessy wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:20 pm I actually like her “thrifting my pinterest wardrobe” videos. I like influencers showing that you don’t always need to shop at expensive and high end stores to get looks you see on Pinterest. It’s also a nice break from her vlogs
yeah tbh i'd be fine if her channel was thrifting videos. the stores there look so good (compared to what we have in los angeles which is all h&m and other garbage). I think I'm just happy that I didn't have to watch a video with her eye rolling Eloise. I think she has an eye for thrifting and I would rather see these videos than her "parenting".

but lol at that stupid ugly wooden truck. as a mom you should know kids are attracted to COLOR, I would be amazed if theo showed any interest in that dumb truck

My kid has a truck like that and he plays with it every day. If you don’t inundate them with shiny plastic crap that light up and make noise then they’re perfectly happy with wooden toys.
JanetheJabberwocky
Amateur
Amateur

Gotta love how she talks about throwing Eloise’s “Pink Princess Royal Ball Tea Party” birthday like she’s doing her a magnificent favour and obliging her every request. When we all know she actually copied Milena’s royal ball theme and it’s going to be filled with dusty muted pinks at best.
dessywessy
Talker
Talker

Lololol someone commented on her newest pic of Eloise saying pink princess doesn’t fit Delilahs vintage aesthetic and that she should try and make it less pink to fit her vibe...No. Not everything needs to be bland and washed out just to fit her fucking Instagram theme.
We all know it will be the least pink “pink princess” party ever.
Delilah just had to throw in that the theme Eloise chose wouldn’t be her own first choice, yeah no shit. You’d be throwing her a white on white birthday if it were up to you
Charlotte_latte
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Charlotte_latte »

dessywessy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:28 pm Lololol someone commented on her newest pic of Eloise saying pink princess doesn’t fit Delilahs vintage aesthetic and that she should try and make it less pink to fit her vibe...No. Not everything needs to be bland and washed out just to fit her fucking Instagram theme.
We all know it will be the least pink “pink princess” party ever.
Delilah just had to throw in that the theme Eloise chose wouldn’t be her own first choice, yeah no shit. You’d be throwing her a white on white birthday if it were up to you
I am constantly baffled why people care so much about how a little kid's birthday party will look. First of all, a "pretty pink royal princess tea party" sounds really adorable!? Secondly, I have never gone to a birthday party and thought, "huh, legos really? How last season, this does not fit the mother's style AT ALL." Let the kid have the theme she likes, it's her birthday?! She needs to stop living for her Instagram/youtube lense.
celestialll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sobinski wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:51 pm
celestialll wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:13 pm

My kid has a truck like that and he plays with it every day. If you don’t inundate them with shiny plastic crap that light up and make noise then they’re perfectly happy with wooden toys.
Most of my kids' toys are wooden and somewhat muted in color. The thing is, she ONLY buys wooden cars for Theo. Like yeah, plastic toys are annoying and it's best not to have all flashy light up toys, but she never buys them anything like that and has stated that when gifted toys like that, she promptly gives them away. To each their own.
celestialll
Gossiper
Gossiper

JanetheJabberwocky wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 pm Gotta love how she talks about throwing Eloise’s “Pink Princess Royal Ball Tea Party” birthday like she’s doing her a magnificent favour and obliging her every request. When we all know she actually copied Milena’s royal ball theme and it’s going to be filled with dusty muted pinks at best.
After that terrible beige and brown coffee and donuts party she got last year, anything would be an improvement. It's too bad she couldn't just find her a princess bike instead of that brown one, or at least put some pink tassels on the handlebars? Not every gift needs to be passed down to all your kids. Sometimes kids needs things that are only theirs.
JanetheJabberwocky
Amateur
Amateur

Another post about Delilah’s anger and impatience... Another post about Eloise teaching Delilah more than Delilah is teaching Eloise... When is this girl going to learn? How many times has she acknowledged she’s an angry parent? When is she actually going to do something to fix it? Sure, we make mistakes as parents but that doesn’t mean we don’t at least try to do better because our kids are sweet and forgiving. Good grief, they deserve more than that. Her behaviour will eventually take a toll on that sweet forgiving girl and she’ll see when it’s too late.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

JanetheJabberwocky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm Another post about Delilah’s anger and impatience... Another post about Eloise teaching Delilah more than Delilah is teaching Eloise... When is this girl going to learn? How many times has she acknowledged she’s an angry parent? When is she actually going to do something to fix it? Sure, we make mistakes as parents but that doesn’t mean we don’t at least try to do better because our kids are sweet and forgiving. Good grief, they deserve more than that. Her behaviour will eventually take a toll on that sweet forgiving girl and she’ll see when it’s too late.
I'm a pretty angry person in general, and I don't have a two- or three-year-old yet, but I do have a one-year-old. And I never lose my temper at her. I can be angry at the world but my child is a sweet innocent soul that I pour all my love into. I can't imagine what's going on in Delilah's head to keep snapping at her kids. She needs to let go of trying to control everything and just go with the flow once in awhile.
dessywessy
Talker
Talker

She needs to find a therapist. And never have another kid again until she gets over her anger and control issues.
wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

fossilfinger wrote:
JanetheJabberwocky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:47 pm Another post about Delilah’s anger and impatience... Another post about Eloise teaching Delilah more than Delilah is teaching Eloise... When is this girl going to learn? How many times has she acknowledged she’s an angry parent? When is she actually going to do something to fix it? Sure, we make mistakes as parents but that doesn’t mean we don’t at least try to do better because our kids are sweet and forgiving. Good grief, they deserve more than that. Her behaviour will eventually take a toll on that sweet forgiving girl and she’ll see when it’s too late.
I'm a pretty angry person in general, and I don't have a two- or three-year-old yet, but I do have a one-year-old. And I never lose my temper at her. I can be angry at the world but my child is a sweet innocent soul that I pour all my love into. I can't imagine what's going on in Delilah's head to keep snapping at her kids. She needs to let go of trying to control everything and just go with the flow once in awhile.
I'll definitely admit I get incredibly frustrated with my 1 year old when he absolutely REFUSES to let me change him.
I have snapped once or twice but I immediately burst into tears and hug the crap out of him until he starts fussing to get out of my arms. And thats only happened when I'm so exhausted from him being up alot which is rare. I think its fair to get frustrated and have a moment. No parent is perfect.

But its not something I'm constantly bringing up because its not a daily occurrence. Im not mad at the poor babe every day or frustrated with his behaviors. They're children! They have no control over these big emotions and experiences.

My son has shown me how much patience I have. He has taught me many things but I pray he never has to tell me I have a temper and to keep my frustration in check. I know what it was like growing up with a dad who would lose his temper very quickly. Where we had to walk on eggshells because he was in a bad mood. I adore my dad, he unfortunately had an incredibly abusive father and I guess a lot of that anger transferred over. I wasn't abused but its mentally such a challenge being scared of your dad or any parent in that case. Thank goodness for therapy and realizing he made some mistakes in our childhoods but im so proud of him.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

JanetheJabberwocky
Amateur
Amateur

wonderwall99 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm
fossilfinger wrote:
I'll definitely admit I get incredibly frustrated with my 1 year old when he absolutely REFUSES to let me change him.
I have snapped once or twice but I immediately burst into tears and hug the crap out of him until he starts fussing to get out of my arms. And thats only happened when I'm so exhausted from him being up alot which is rare. I think its fair to get frustrated and have a moment. No parent is perfect.

But its not something I'm constantly bringing up because its not a daily occurrence. Im not mad at the poor babe every day or frustrated with his behaviors. They're children! They have no control over these big emotions and experiences.

My son has shown me how much patience I have. He has taught me many things but I pray he never has to tell me I have a temper and to keep my frustration in check. I know what it was like growing up with a dad who would lose his temper very quickly. Where we had to walk on eggshells because he was in a bad mood. I adore my dad, he unfortunately had an incredibly abusive father and I guess a lot of that anger transferred over. I wasn't abused but its mentally such a challenge being scared of your dad or any parent in that case. Thank goodness for therapy and realizing he made some mistakes in our childhoods but im so proud of him.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Of course, like I said, parents make mistakes so we’ve all snapped here and there when we reach points of extreme overwhelm. But I’ve seen from a few moms now that “my kid is so affectionate and forgiving when I flip out, how sweet” like that’s something to be admired. Kids forgive these outbursts because their parents are their heroes, and they don’t recognize that they’re being subjected to abusive behaviour. Abused kids still love their parents and even try to protect them. Verbal/emotional abuse is just as damaging to children as physical abuse so Delilah needs to watch herself. It’s not a child’s responsibility to teach their parent, and they certainly shouldn’t spend their life trying to recover from their parent’s mistakes.
frizzzx86
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frizzzx86 »

dessywessy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:23 pm She needs to find a therapist. And never have another kid again until she gets over her anger and control issues.
absolutely! i have anxiety and anger issues and i am most definitely seeing a therapist. it is HARD to work through. i have snapped at my 3 year old a lot, especially when i first had my second, and that was WITH the guidance of therapy. i never got angry at her until she turned 3 and began being more vocal and less "agreeable". thankfully, I am learning to deal with my emotions etc etc and and confident that therapy has helped me from refrain from being someone i hate.

if delilah is really struggling with patience, she would highly benefit from therapy. even if it's not "as bad" as mine, she should see someone. she's mentioned having real lows before so it seems that she could use someone to talk to. hopefully she doesn't just rely on her bible and religion and actually gets real help.
celestialll
Gossiper
Gossiper

dessywessy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:23 pm She needs to find a therapist. And never have another kid again until she gets over her anger and control issues.
Jesus is her therapist
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

wonderwall99 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:37 pm

[/quote]

I totally get you on the changing thing. When my daughter was about 8-10 months old it was almost impossible to change her, oh my gosh. It was absolutely my worst nightmare to change her. I dreaded every diaper change all day.

I do get frustrated a lot, but it's mostly with my own reactions/my perceived failures as a parent. I hope I wasn't trying to come off like I was a perfect parent, because in reality I'm a mess!

Return to “I-P”