IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Living On A Dime

Unread post by IHateCilantro »

Ive said enough for the rest of time.

Ive moved on to another YouTuber.

Sorry Tawra, you were a snack not a 12 course meal.

Off to GuruGossip to search for the new meal.

I did make Tawras Male Glazed chicken and it was bland and the glaze (after 5 mins of simmering) became a weird jello
My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Wait,...

I have one thing to say to JILL COOPER.

Jill, in one video you stated that MEN were genetically incapable of doing womans work, like cleaning up after themselves or taking trash out etc.
(not verbatim)
First of all you married a gay man. So you cant really speak about men.
Secondly most gay mens houses are spotless, so men can clean properly.

THIRD, if men can create all this, they can load or unload a dishwasher, take the trash out and clean....

My posts on this board are only my opinion and shouldnt be taken as fact, unless noted
MonkeeMania86
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MonkeeMania86 »

Is anyone out there still watching "Living on a Dime to Grow Rich? I'm not rich, but I'm still watching to see what comes next. Just curious if anyone else is still out there? Thanks for all who have contributed to this forum. The many pages of dialogue were quite interesting to read and confirmed a lot of what I was seeing and hearing by watching their shows and quite a few of questions I had about this bunch were answered by reading your entries. It would be fun to get a dialogue going again, since any comments or questions I would post to their videos would undoubtedly be deleted! :P
Amelia23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Amelia23 »

I watched them today. This thread has helped answer some of my questions as well. I hope it becomes active again. Tara said she has yried to get off disability. I never knew that once you get on disability, you can never get off it.
Aro
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Aro »

I rarely watch, in part because I'm too impatient to watch them dorking around for over an hour, greeting their live viewers one by one and other miscellaneous unrelated stuff. Give me a 15-20 minute video that's concise and to the point, and I'm there. Also, at this point I'm honestly not keen on contributing to their income by giving them views.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So has anyone watched any of the UK shows?
I havent and wont, cause their type always says something awkward and cringy when they leave the USA.

Its fantastic that ppl are seeing everything the way it really is.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MonkeeMania86 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm Is anyone out there still watching "Living on a Dime to Grow Rich? I'm not rich, but I'm still watching to see what comes next. Just curious if anyone else is still out there? Thanks for all who have contributed to this forum. The many pages of dialogue were quite interesting to read and confirmed a lot of what I was seeing and hearing by watching their shows and quite a few of questions I had about this bunch were answered by reading your entries. It would be fun to get a dialogue going again, since any comments or questions I would post to their videos would undoubtedly be deleted! :P
BTW I forgot about this link
https://www.zoominfo.com/c/kellam-media/369316999

It says they have 14 employees. Are these them?

Tawra
Mike
Jill
Elly
Mike Jr/BJ
Jack
Dave
Neice whatever her name is
Shalaylah
Dave
4 Assistants
Amelia23
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Amelia23 »

LOL. I'm sure that is the way they are counting their employees. It could be their dog is included as well as he can be heard in the background. Nice to see this forum is getting comments again. I am having a hard time getting over the fact that they believe that everyone gets $150,000 a year paycheck. I can only wish this were the case with me. I am lucky to get $10,000 a year working a full-time job, which only gives me part-time hours, and trying to do work at home jobs.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Okay Im gonna post an analogy...

See this toy motor?

Well, lets say I hooked that toy motor up to a battery. It would spin around till the battery died, right? YES!
Lets say I hooked the wires up to another toy motor and both sets of conjoined wires to a battery, BOTH motors
would spin. A lot of scientists have been trying to get to the point that when you take the battery away the remaining
energy in one motor would transfer thru the conjoined wires and keep the other going. But alas, it never happens,
as soon as the battery dies or is taken away, the motors both stop.

In the case of LOAD, the battery is the money from the fans. If both the book and YouTube money stops, the motors
stop. They dont have real jobs. They wrote a book about how to get out of debt, but the book itself got them out
of debt, NOT the ideas in the book. So basically they are parasites living off their fans. They couldnt get themselves
out of debt using the ideas in the book.

I know a man who went to school for screen play something or other. Movie making, :::.shrug:::
Anyway he got out of college and couldnt find a job in his field, so he wrote a book about movies and screen plays etc,
The book makes him enough to live in a small apt.
So he writes a book about a field he cannot get a job in and has not acceled in?
Interesting.

"Those who do, do. Those who cant, teach"
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So, I cleaned my kitchen today. It literally took 30 minutes to do.
Aside from the two loads of laundry on Sunday and loading and unloading the dishwasher daily and wiping the counters, I really dont clean much cause I follow one of Tawra and Jills most hated people, FLYLADY!

As Ive said many times I LOVED Living on a Dime at first. That first video of theirs I watched, (Zaycon Chicken) showed up in my recommendeds.
I LOVED EVERYTHING TAWRA SAID about Zaycon Chicken. But then the next day when I went to watch a live show things seemed off.
Soon the biblethumping, Man bashing (Jill) and then Jill and Tawra BOTH said how much they hated FlyLady and how her method was stupid and a bunch of other shit.

Well, Ive been on FlyLady for 11 years and my entire house (except the garage) is decluttered and clean.
My Attic is vacuumed and has a RUG!!! Is that too anal? lol
I never have to worry about ppl stopping over or letting a neighbor come in.
I am very grateful to Marla Cilley for writing her book. I ordered 20 Sink Reflections
Books and dropped them at the Food Pantry.
FlyLady allowed me to free up most of my time, for creative endeavors.
I dont get how anyone would hate FlyLady, unless they are jealous?
Marlas methods are FREE, but most ppl buy her books etc to show support.
Ive never seen or heard Marla speaking bad about anyone, she supports everyone.
Marlas hubby has a real job btw.
It still shocks me that Mike quit his job that could have made their lives cushy and carefree.
BTW Marla made 4 million on her webshop alone. Thats probably why Tawra hates her
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So what was their exciting announcements? I see they are back from their tour of Europe.
I was glued to Hurricane coverage for 2 weeks and now Im trying to come down off that,
so Im trying to find something new to talk about or watch. I am so sad for the Bahamians.
A childhood pal lives in the Bahamas, her son was stuck in Freeport the entire time.
Im sure Tawra and Jill dont believe in Climate Change.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Im not tuning in tonight.

Ive been cooking a lot of stuff lately, homemade Baba Ganoush, House roasted nuts, etc
Have we ever seen them snacking on hummus or nuts? Most kids eat hummus nowadays.
Why are they still living in 1819 and not 2019?
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lets do a scientific experiment with meat shall we?

Ive seen a popular website/Vlogger say that there is no difference between 80% ground beef and 93% ground beef. They say you get the same amount of meat if you buy 80% as you do if you buy the 93%.

They say the fat evaporates.
<<ROLLING EYES>>
Silly Vlogger! Fat does NOT evaporate!

They did a test in their kitchen, but it wasnt done correctly.
So I am going to perform the test so you can see the truth.

First things first, expensive, quality meats do not contain BRINE.

Cheap meat, like that sold in tubes, contains BRINE. Brine is saline solution, injected into meats to make their sell weight increase. They inject meats with brine to sell you less meat for the regular price.
So the 90% ground beef they used in the vlog test probably was pumped up with brine and effected the test

So in this demo Ill be using Whole Foods ground beef

Lets begin,

^^The meat Ill be using
---------------------------

Exactly 16.1 pound of 93%

Exactly 16.1 pound of 80%

Boil them both separately in an equal amount of water (5 cups) for 15 mins and pour into a plastic container and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning all the FAT will harden and rise to the top.

The fat from the 93%

The fat from the 80%

Remove and weigh the fat

Clearly the fat from the 93% is far less than

The fat from the 80%

Drain the meat and weigh the meat separately

The drained, defatted 93%

The drained, defatted 80%

What have we learned here kids?

You get MORE meat and less fat with the 93% than the 80% beef.

YAY SCIENCE!

Note: Whole Foods doesnt have 70% ground beef.
IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

That SECOND to last pic is wrong it should be this one

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MonkeeMania86 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm Is anyone out there still watching "Living on a Dime to Grow Rich? I'm not rich, but I'm still watching to see what comes next. Just curious if anyone else is still out there? Thanks for all who have contributed to this forum. The many pages of dialogue were quite interesting to read and confirmed a lot of what I was seeing and hearing by watching their shows and quite a few of questions I had about this bunch were answered by reading your entries. It would be fun to get a dialogue going again, since any comments or questions I would post to their videos would undoubtedly be deleted! :P
Wait, they changed it to "Living on a Dime to Grow Rich?"
OMG, so out of touch with their viewers!
They make 12,000.00 a year! Per NOXinfluencer.
Mo_regard
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mo_regard »

Hi all,

I've been snarking on Tawra, Jill & the gang for years but somehow I just found this site. Ho boy, do I have a lot to say.

My first, and perhaps oldest issue/question: Jill says that from the moment her husband left them (in a huge, derelict, crumbling old victorian house) he never contributed financially to the family again and left her with tens of thousands in debt. She also says that she had to keep the business going, pay off all of his business debt, and sell the business to live on $500 a month. How? How did she let him get away with that? Even if she loved him and wanted to keep a good relationship with him, wouldn't she pursue alimony or child support at least? You'd better believe that if a man left me with no money and two growing kids, I'd go to the greatest lengths to get him to pay his fair share. It just doesn't make sense.

Jill claims that she spends something like $20 per week on groceries for herself. (Or something close....I'm not sure if I've got it exactly right.) How? I understand that she's older, probably not very active, and may have a smaller appetite, but good grief! I could barely keep myself in Saltines and tap water for $20/week. She once did a video showing her weekly grocery haul but she talked so much and drifted all over the place so much that I got bored and clicked off. I did notice a couple of those $0.79 chicken pot pies. #healthfood

Why are they so adamantly against adult children living at home? Does she not like her kids? I mean, I agree that adults should move out eventually, but her eldest are like 22 and 24 or something--take a step back Tawra. It is really difficult for a young person--even working full-time for a decent wage-- to save enough to move out and pay everything themselves at that age, especially if they have no education or special training. Good luck to Elly making it on her barista $$. Perhaps Tawra is forgetting (or just doesn't care) that many Americans lived in extended 3-generation families just 60 or 70 years ago. In many cultures that's still common. I know quite a few East Asian colleagues who lived with their parents (and probably grandparents) until they finished grad school AND got married in their early 30s.

I've got so many complaints and questions about these folks, but no one wants to read a novel from the new girl. I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation.

Sorry, one more thing: True or False--The Kellam gang's SEVEN WEEK European Air B&B death march vacation to four different European countries was a great idea and I'm really surprised it didn't work out. Discuss amongst yourselves.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I haven't had time to watch, but they're back? And changed the channel name?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

IHateCilantro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Mo_regard wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:52 pm Hi all,

I've been snarking on Tawra, Jill & the gang for years but somehow I just found this site. Ho boy, do I have a lot to say.

SNIPPED

I've got so many complaints and questions about these folks, but no one wants to read a novel from the new girl. I'm looking forward to joining in the conversation.

Sorry, one more thing: True or False--The Kellam gang's SEVEN WEEK European Air B&B death march vacation to four different European countries was a great idea and I'm really surprised it didn't work out. Discuss amongst yourselves.
Hi, I havent watched the show since they went to Europe. I just couldnt stomach it.
I kept thinking to go and watch, but just no.
You know what Misophonia is? Its when you cannot listen to other ppl chewing food. Its in your DNA. I think I have something similar where if I watch some YouTubers, I literally get this feeling like nails on a chalkboard (JacksonHive and Megan), Or I get physically angry-(Tawra/LOAD)
I feel they are hucksters.

MO? You are right. I think there are giant holes in their story. Nothing ever fits together. EVER!

And if they are on the up and up, why did they change their narrative and channel as soon as they realized ppl had figured them out?
OldHag made this thread on July 2018, I started posting in January 2019. Tawra avidly googles herself all the time. Im sure she has been aware of this board in July 2018, but nothing changed until I started detailing shit. Then I noticed her language and actions changing.
The "chickeny hands" comment she made was from my comment on here.
If you play all your cards face up, no one can take your cards and use them against you. Meaning, if you live life on the up and up and dont lie or fib and you are an open book, you never have to change anything and nothing you say can be used against you.
They kept changing their stories and their narrative because of things that were said on this board.
Its like when Olivia Munn said she didnt have face surgery and her smoothing of Asian features was due to her eating Japanese Sweet Potatoes.
PULEEZ!

Lastly, can you believe THE AUDACITY of Tawra and Mike!
Taking $1.50-2.00 superchats from ppl on disability and then going on a 7 week trip to Europe? And changing the name to Living On A Dime To Get Rich! Yes Tawra, you are so in touch with ppl. Your self awareness is stunning!

I say Tawras Father got out just in time. These ppl are nuts.
Mo_regard
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mo_regard »

onbreak wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:13 pm I haven't had time to watch, but they're back? And changed the channel name?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, they're back. And Tawra did NOT have a good time. Apparently, Air BnB rentals are not always perfect clean and trying to vacation on 4 days (yes, 4 days) of clothing is a lot of work. They nearly came home two weeks early and lost several thousand dollars because Tawra was tired and overwhelmed. She estimates that they could have had a more relaxing time staying in hotels for three weeks and spent about the same amount. (Wow. Shocking.) She's never traveling again.

I'm not a travel expert, but I called it back in the spring as soon as I heard about their plan. It sort of makes sense that a family who are used to eating the same things, not doing activities, and have never traveled internationally would find seven weeks a bit much. it also makes sense that a woman with a chronic illness, who is highly dependent on routine and hates the most minor inconvenience, would not have a good time.

Return to “I-P”