Our Tribe Of Many

strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Our Tribe Of Many

Unread post by strikeaposie »

I didn't like how the kids swarmed around him, he was even playing with the sand over the lid and didn't have an easy access to it. I think Sarah should have pulled the other kids back, given Eli a chance to play front and center and then let the other kids join. I also think that's just how siblings are at birthdays. I'm the youngest of 4 and my older siblings swarmed around my presents every year. It never bothered me, but it was also my life since birth (no joke, there's footage of it happening on my first birthday :lol:).

I still think he had a good birthday. He got a solo lunch with Solo (sorry, had to), they had his dinner and dessert of choice, then the older ones went to the arcade late at night. He was so cute when they were on the way to the arcade, when Solo said that they were going to check out the place and he quickly added that they would also be playing games.
vpj
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by vpj »

I think Sarah and Solo really try to discourage consumerism culture when dealing with gift-giving days (Christmas and birthdays). The kids only get a couple presents on Christmas and one present on their birthdays. I imagine rules like that must be crucial to their finances. Some families spend $1,000 on one or two kids - imagine that x9 (almost 10)! I like that they do put a lot of emphasis on experiences and making the child feel special by being able to pick the food choices/activities on their special day.

I remember birthday parties as a kid where everyone would swarm the presents and not really let the Birthday Kid have a turn. I think it's just how kids are. I think it shows a lot of Eli's character that he didn't get upset about it (from what we saw in the video) and calmly let his siblings play with his new toy.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop2 »

Even with one gift the kids don't seem to be lacking anything.
SnarkySam
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SnarkySam »

Sharing Our Baby Boy Name List Vlog:

The voice by Eli and Noelle was so cute!

I like their choice of baby boy names but not really Seth or Titus
Sherilynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sherilynn »

SnarkySam wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:32 am Sharing Our Baby Boy Name List Vlog:

The voice by Eli and Noelle was so cute!

I like their choice of baby boy names but not really Seth or Titus
I loved the voices by Eli and Noelle :)

It's funny that you don't like Seth or Titus. Seth was the name I liked best.
:bflower: "If I could turn snarky sarcasm into a paying job, I would be employed for eternity." :bflower:
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

What was all over Solo's shirt in the boys names video?! Dry skin?
Sherilynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Sherilynn »

They have recently painted some of their home, I wonder if that isn't paint splatter on his shirt.
:bflower: "If I could turn snarky sarcasm into a paying job, I would be employed for eternity." :bflower:
amandathcommanda
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amandathcommanda »

SocialMedia wrote:I think the mom is bossy and controlling and doesn't show a lot of love to her children. Also, she doesn't know how to cook and constantly talks about being on a diet in front of her daughters. I have seen her borderline snap at the kids in more than one video. She started off basically copying the Family Table blogger (who is way more gracious and resourceful and nuturing to her children) and now has more subscribers than they do. She doesn't keep her kids hair groomed and several of her children seem behind developmentally. When she comes back from this last break I sure hope one of her big annoucements isn't pregnancy. I don't believe in the church paying for pastor's large families and they are getting more than their fair share of everything. It is basically a fetish channel for women like her who aren't mainstream pretty so they take what they can get and then act like they are suddenly the 'it' factor. She has desperate followers who give fake praise and she blocks any opposing views to make her look good. Do not like, if you couldn't tell...

She talks about the Trim Healthy Mama diet in terms of eating healthily and her and her husband losing some weight. I don’t think that’s toxic. I think that’s a good example for the kids and they get the added benefit of eating really healthy food. She adds things to the THM meals for the kids so they’re NOT on a diet. I’ve also never seen her complain about her body or talk about how fat she is.

Also, his pastor salary wouldn’t be more because he has a big family. But he also has another business in addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Her kids don't seem restricted in anyway not even with food. Even though I don't buy i to the whole Trim Healthy Mama stuff the focus is on eating less refined sugar and simple carbs which is better for everyone that's less of a diet and more common sense. Solo and her choosing to eat healthier because they realized now that their older they gain easier. I've also never heard her talk about her or the kids being fat and not wanting to have runaway weight gain in pregnancy makes sense even more so having so many pregnancies.
SnarkySam
Informer
Informer

Noooo Sarah!!! Jamerrill does not know about all things food - her food is slop!
strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DoodleBop2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:50 pm Her kids don't seem restricted in anyway not even with food. Even though I don't buy i to the whole Trim Healthy Mama stuff the focus is on eating less refined sugar and simple carbs which is better for everyone that's less of a diet and more common sense. Solo and her choosing to eat healthier because they realized now that their older they gain easier. I've also never heard her talk about her or the kids being fat and not wanting to have runaway weight gain in pregnancy makes sense even more so having so many pregnancies.
I hate it when people say she restricts her kids’ diets. She always shows the carbs the kids eat that she and Solo do not eat. Like if you’re going to criticize her at least be accurate.

I think Luka is on the diet as well, she’s mentioned that he suffers from frequent margarines and the doctor recommended adjusting his diet to help with them. I kind of remember a vlog where she said it lessened them but they might change it as needed for his migraines.
strikeaposie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

SnarkySam wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:31 pm Noooo Sarah!!! Jamerrill does not know about all things food - her food is slop!
I do not get Jamerrill’s appeal. I’ve watched a few of her mass cooking videos and my stomach churns at the thought of it. I could see maybe doing one every couple of weeks when the baby comes. But Jamerrill uses shit ingredients, poor quality meats, and I don’t think she had a single veggie in the various meals I saw her make.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Spaghetti squash is healthy!!!!1!! Adds a cup of shelf stable "sprinkle cheese" and a whole block of cream cheese and Cheddar.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

strikeaposie wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:29 am
DoodleBop2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:50 pm Her kids don't seem restricted in anyway not even with food. Even though I don't buy i to the whole Trim Healthy Mama stuff the focus is on eating less refined sugar and simple carbs which is better for everyone that's less of a diet and more common sense. Solo and her choosing to eat healthier because they realized now that their older they gain easier. I've also never heard her talk about her or the kids being fat and not wanting to have runaway weight gain in pregnancy makes sense even more so having so many pregnancies.
I hate it when people say she restricts her kids’ diets. She always shows the carbs the kids eat that she and Solo do not eat. Like if you’re going to criticize her at least be accurate.

I think Luka is on the diet as well, she’s mentioned that he suffers from frequent margarines and the doctor recommended adjusting his diet to help with them. I kind of remember a vlog where she said it lessened them but they might change it as needed for his migraines.
Yeah she says the kids love to bake.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Watching Sarah's haul being worried about using too much white flour and being happy the ketchup doesn't have HFCS I don't see how anyone could compare her food to Jamerrill's cooking. Even now that she makes more it seems the kids still fill up a lot of the time on cheap yogurts full of sweeteners.
msmarbles
Talker
Talker

Unread post by msmarbles »

She is leaps and bounds ahead of other large family moms with how she feeds her family.

But... what is going on with her eyebrows in that Costco shopping video? It looks like she let her toddler draw them on.
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

So their big summer announcement was that they built a pool in their backyard. My guess was that they were moving, since I can’t see how the house is able to hold that many kids, haha. But I guess if it works, it works.

The pool turned out really nice and I really like the cover that it comes with, my only concern was that I didn’t hear any mention of a pool fence being built. I also multitask when watching videos though, so I may have missed it. Maybe since they have a cover, they don’t need a fence? Still makes me nervous though. Especially with how many littles they have at any given moment, I can’t see how they can constantly supervise. Sarah mentioned in the previous video that Hope easily slips away when not being watched and gets into no good, what if she slips away and decides to join the big kids down in the pool and no one sees her? I don’t know. I’ve always been skeptical of pools when you have so many littles

What are your guy’s thoughts on the new pool?

Closer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Closer »

I wondered about having a fence as well, or at least a locked gate at the top of the steps.

She said they were adding the slide back to the deck and it'll land in the pool. I wonder how/if that will be safe guarded? A little slips out the door unnoticed and happily goes down a slide they've always been allowed to go down and lands in the pool while the big kids are playing and isn't noticed..... That makes me nervous.
DoodleBop2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The cover holds 1800lbs and only opens with a key. So I don't think they're adding a pool fence which is why I think Solo made a comment about how people will make comments choosing not to have a pool.

The cover sounds really good. More than the vast majority of pool owners use and I've seen tons of videos of toddlers climbing those fences or safe pool ladders.
SnarkySam
Informer
Informer

LightlyToasted wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:25 am So their big summer announcement was that they built a pool in their backyard. My guess was that they were moving, since I can’t see how the house is able to hold that many kids, haha. But I guess if it works, it works.

The pool turned out really nice and I really like the cover that it comes with, my only concern was that I didn’t hear any mention of a pool fence being built. I also multitask when watching videos though, so I may have missed it. Image Maybe since they have a cover, they don’t need a fence? Still makes me nervous though. Especially with how many littles they have at any given moment, I can’t see how they can constantly supervise. Sarah mentioned in the previous video that Hope easily slips away when not being watched and gets into no good, what if she slips away and decides to join the big kids down in the pool and no one sees her? I don’t know. I’ve always been skeptical of pools when you have so many littles Image

What are your guy’s thoughts on the new pool?

I agree with you! With that many kids and only Sarah at home with them most of the time it would be easy for one of the littles to escape and fall in if one of the bigs forgot to put the cover back on.

here in Australia it is the law that you have a pool fence, thought kids can still climb up onto things and open the gate - this is a good article about it: https://www.kidspot.com.au/health/famil ... 0a8fb51bbb

I will say, I grew up with a pool in the yard and its was a lot fun but we had a fence and we always had to let my parents when we were going to go for a swim.

Also, I really like Sarah but girl those eyebrows are terrible and need to be fixed!

Return to “I-P”