Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Who watches this family?
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: The Mikesell Family

Unread post by JD386 »

Why is Betsy always so dang out of breath when she talks on IG stories!? It’s so weird. She can be sitting in the car doing nothing and just talking and she sounds so out of breath.
Lorac75
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lorac75 »

Is this a thing out in Utah but why do all the kids drink diet soda? I know regular soda isn't healthy but I dont think diet is any better especially for kids. Am I wrong?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lorac75 wrote:Is this a thing out in Utah but why do all the kids drink diet soda? I know regular soda isn't healthy but I dont think diet is any better especially for kids. Am I wrong?
It's definitely a Mormon thing. They can't drink coffee or tea, or alcohol, because they're "bad for you", but soda is ok.
I don't get it. A glass of red wine a day is beneficial. Green tea is good for you, and even coffee has been shown to have some health benefits in moderation.
No study, anywhere, has EVER shown any health benefits from drinking soda-- regular or diet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

LuckyCharm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LuckyCharm »

I’m new to this family...I’ve seen them a few times in the leroys vlogs. Is the one twin brother gay? I wondered since I am assuming that they are Mormon like the leroys are.
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

Of all the Utah mormon vloggers the Mikesell parents are the most normal (read: non-preachy). I like Gentrys satirical self-reflecting humor and Betsys lifestyle, they seems like pleasant people. Alyssa too, I couldn't stop laughing during her last video when she accidentally spilled the ink bottle.

On the other hand I can't make much with the boys, they are obnoxious thrill-seekers/stupidity-magnets like every other teenage boy out there. I usually skip forward when they are on screen. Nothing against them, it's just their age.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

It is so interesting to see such varied opinions on this family. I have only seen a handful of videos, but they definitely seem a little different than the other Mormon Vloggers (hereby "MoVlos" for the rest of this comparison). Were the Mikesells independently wealthy outside of YT? They have an indoor BB court after all.

I agree that the older sister seems normal and pleasant on first impression. She must have not grown up on YT or had to raise her siblings? With only 2 births, I suppose their isn't much opportunity for parentification, like most MoVlo families who birth a litter over the course of 2 decades.

I also wondered about the one twin who seems to be doing his best impression of a stereotypical gay teen character on MTV, including wearing make-up. I make no claims to know his sexuality, it just surprised me that such a historically intolerant community seems so tolerant of such mannerisms/behaviors/interests. I noticed some of the MoVlo fathers also show similar "stereotypical mannerisms", so maybe it is just learned/accepted behaviors? Do they even recognize the cultural stereotypes? Or have they become a beacon of tolerance in 2020?

I have to disagree on Gentry. I get really bad vibes from him after just a few videos. Where did that name come from by the way, I know he didn't choose it, but can you get more pretentious?

The Mom seems far more intelligent and thoughtful than most MoVlo moms, even correcting her husband's grammar. It didn't stop them from going on a tropical vacation during a pandemic like the rest of them though.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're incredibly wealthy. Betsy is the brains behind those "Beddys" zippered bed sets that every Mormon vlogger pimps out. I guess the idea is cool, but they start at something like $250! For sheets. So they aren't dependent on YT income at all. And it definitely changes people when they are dependent on the vlogs for survival.
And I don't think they went on the trip with the rest. It was the Shamys (??), the Leroys, the Frankes, and Orgills. Hence their idiotic hashtag #shamlefragills

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:10 am They're incredibly wealthy. Betsy is the brains behind those "Beddys" zippered bed sets that every Mormon vlogger pimps out. I guess the idea is cool, but they start at something like $250! For sheets. So they aren't dependent on YT income at all. And it definitely changes people when they are dependent on the vlogs for survival.
And I don't think they went on the trip with the rest. It was the Shamys (??), the Leroys, the Frankes, and Orgills. Hence their idiotic hashtag #shamlefragills
Ah, the Beddy's family! Does anyone besides Mormon Vloggers buy $250 bedsheets for kids? Being independently wealthy outside YT, definitely explains the differences we see. Have either of them attended college or been employed by another person?

They did go on a pandemic trip.....to Hawaii with the McKnights.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
lmmomSD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:10 am They're incredibly wealthy. Betsy is the brains behind those "Beddys" zippered bed sets that every Mormon vlogger pimps out. I guess the idea is cool, but they start at something like $250! For sheets. So they aren't dependent on YT income at all. And it definitely changes people when they are dependent on the vlogs for survival.
Ah, the Beddy's family! Does anyone besides Mormon Vloggers buy $250 bedsheets for kids? Being independently wealthy outside YT, definitely explains the differences we see. Have either of them attended college or been employed by another person?

They did go on a pandemic trip.....to Hawaii with the McKnights.
Ahhh, ok I hadn't realized that they went to Hawaii with the McKnights. Just so irresponsible and selfish.
Betsy had a hair salon according to Google. She crowdfunded the Beddy's startup, but the business has really taken off. She did $250K the whole year, $1.8 million the second, and over $3.5 million last year.
So I guess the answer is yes-- people outside of Youtubers do buy them. I wouldn't, but I can't afford $250 sheets.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Even though this is a product I wouldn't buy because of the price tag, I think it's refreshing to watch a YT family that actually works and doesn't depend on YT income. I definitely don't agree with everything (such as their traveling during the pandemic) and they aren't perfect, but I think they are pretty enjoyable to watch and some of the better YouTubers. I think Betsy is beautiful, I like her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
Even though this is a product I wouldn't buy because of the price tag, I think it's refreshing to watch a YT family that actually works and doesn't depend on YT income. I definitely don't agree with everything (such as their traveling during the pandemic) and they aren't perfect, but I think they are pretty enjoyable to watch and some of the better YouTubers. I think Betsy is beautiful, I like her.
Oh, absolutely. And I have to respect her for coming up with an idea, following through and building a successful business. And yes, when they aren't dependent on views for income, the whole atmosphere of the vlogs changes. Once the breadwinner quits their job, the exploiting of the kids gets worse and they get more clickbaity.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Their daughter Alyssa is doing a series called "15 dates in 15 days". She has her first date posted and I noticed she said that the first guy recently returned home from his mission. I wonder if she's trying to find a guy to potentially marry?? She just got out of a relationship, she's moving away as she is 18 and just graduated. I know many male missionaries return home and quickly find a girl to marry. Just makes me wonder if it'll be one of those types of relationships.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Well, Alyssa's series is over and turns out she fell in love with the first guy she went on the date with. He's on a mission now for the next year but I have a feeling they are going to get hitched as soon as he returns. Seems like they hit it off, she created an instagram page for their relationship and everything.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone hear about the horrible accident the family was in? Their friend is a pilot and they were flying and had engine failure. Gentry (the husband/dad) seems to be pretty injured with multiple broken bones in his legs, back and face along with teeth injuries. Sad!
L1g4d
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by L1g4d »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:35 pm Anyone hear about the horrible accident the family was in? Their friend is a pilot and they were flying and had engine failure. Gentry (the husband/dad) seems to be pretty injured with multiple broken bones in his legs, back and face along with teeth injuries. Sad!
My heart hurts for their family. I don't think Alyssa was with them either so that would be even more scary for her to see her family go through it. I also thought I heard that Boston broke his hip- poor kid. So sad for their family.
Jennthelurker
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jennthelurker »

It’s crazy how all of them survived this plane crash .. truly a miracle. I hope this does not traumatise them. Praying for gentry and their friends.
Feel free to correct my mistakes... English isnt my main language :D
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

The boys made a video and at the end they say they need everyone to fast for them because they get the best news about the others' recovery when everyone tells them they're fasting... uhh that's wrong and weird and gross on so many levels.

Guess bad things can happen even when you're rich and mormon, eh.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

I just feel so sad for Betsy and Gentry. He truly got it the worst out of everyone on that plane and he has a really rough road ahead of him. And it’s so obvious how Betsy is very codependent of Gentry. Not meaning that in a bad way but she definitely seems lost without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
puzzledbyit28
Talker
Talker

Unread post by puzzledbyit28 »

imoverit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:06 pm The boys made a video and at the end they say they need everyone to fast for them because they get the best news about the others' recovery when everyone tells them they're fasting... uhh that's wrong and weird and gross on so many levels.

Guess bad things can happen even when you're rich and mormon, eh.
These kids should go to therapy - especially Brock. First he thought he was going to die, then he thought he saw his dad dead. That's tough to get through at any age, but especially as a kid. What are the chances they actually get help though?

Return to “I-P”