Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Living Rosa | Part 2

Unread post by Highlighter »

Lurkylou wrote:
butterflyflower wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:07 am
Highlighter wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:39 am I rolled my eyes in the latest vlog when Mandi was filming the (albeit adorable) interaction between Everett, Tara and Dottie. Lennon comes along asking for help and Mandi tells her to wait a second while she films 'Dottie talking to mama' and then Lennon apologises for interrupting. Like, yes it's a cute scene but go and help your other daughter. No wonder Lennon thinks 'the vlog' is part of the family.

Enviado desde mi SM-J330FN mediante Tapatalk
Sometimes I can't help but think that Mandi either doesn't like Lennon, or at least can't stand her at this age. It sounds harsh, and of course I'm sure Mandi loves her, but their interactions with each other always seem to be Lennon annoying Mandi. Ngl, I find Lennon kind of annoying (I found her super cute and sweet until maybe a few months after the twins were born) but I do think that sometimes kids can be annoying at that age.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Mandi is tired, stressed out, and a tad bit resentful that she has to stay home with her kids 24/7. Not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but it seems like they are having a much harder time transitioning from 3 to 4 kids. I don't think they anticipated how difficult it would be for them. Even if Dorothy didn't have additional medical needs, taking care of an infant + 3 children under the age of 6 is no laughing matter. Tara looks half dead in today's vlogs. I hope the world returns to normal just in time for the twins to start school. It's much easier to cope when 3 of your 4 kids are in school for most of the day.
Yeah I think it's the transition plus the fact Mandi is on maternity leave. I've noticed over the years that she seems to be more chiled when she actually goes out to work. As someone said above, she doesn't seem like the 24/7 at home type at all. She also comes across a lot less clingy when she works (even though she still complains about 'missing thr wife).

I'm sure they would have had their four kids either way, and the pandemic hasn't helped at all. But I wonder if they regret having their kids so close in age. I guess the twins were unexpected, but having the kids more spaced out would have done so much for their sanity probably.

lennoxalba7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by lennoxalba7 »

I think they planned the fourth kid thinking all three kids would be in school at this time. Lennon full time and the twins part time. It would have been a lot easier staying home with one newborn and the twins part time but then the pandemic hit and here they are stuck at home full time with four kids. And one of them doing distance learning.

Has Mandi mentioned when she is going back to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lurkylou »

lennoxalba7 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:58 am I think they planned the fourth kid thinking all three kids would be in school at this time. Lennon full time and the twins part time. It would have been a lot easier staying home with one newborn and the twins part time but then the pandemic hit and here they are stuck at home full time with four kids. And one of them doing distance learning.

Has Mandi mentioned when she is going back to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's going to depend on whether or not Long Island is on lockdown and if the dental practice she works for is open. I have a family member who is an office manager at a dental practice and her office is only seeing patients in need of emergency care. Routine teeth cleanings and such are on-hold indefinitely until further notice. Sadly, they've had to trim down their staff. I get the impression that Mandi is actually really great at her job. I went back and watched some of their videos pre-Lennon and she mentioned that she interned for the office she is at now and they hired her. This doesn't surprise me. She can be pleasant when she wants to be. Even if she went in for a half day, I think she'd be happier. She just isn't cut out to be a stay-at-home parent. Tara loves it. Wasn't she a nanny before she transitioned to doing YouTube full-time? Tara likes being in charge so this doesn't surprise me.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

Dottie looks so serious and just unhappy, I know how silly that sounds cos she is just a baby but she just has a constantly freaked out look about her little face, maybe it’s because she is in constant pain with her hips and knees etc but somehow I still just don’t get the same vibe from this little one that I get from other baby’s.
Dallas_Snob
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Dallas_Snob »

Ok, I loved the bit where Mandi asks everyone how to pronounce Dorothy's’ name.

Tara does pronounce it Dara-thy and it makes an ugly name sound even uglier. What happened to the nickname Dottie? A billion times cuter and fits in with the other girls names.

That Long Island accent is for sure a harsh one.

Also looks like Dot doesn’t have a genetic disorder, I’m sure they’re relieved.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I still think they are not telling the whole story with Dot. It doesn't take 1.5 to 2 hours to tell a parent that all is great, and they didn't seem THAT relieved with the news.
The baby does seem more alert, but something is just "off" with her. She has absolutely NO facial expressions. Newborns, even before they can smile, have tons of expressions on their faces, but Dot has ZERO.....it's weird....she doesn't look like she is in pain, but just stares off in space.
I guess time will tell, but I hope she is ok.
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

Great news about wee Dorothy! I'm very happy she doesn't have a genetic disorder.

I was side-eyeing Mandi a bit when she said they decided not to disclose Dorothy's medical issues on the internet because it's private. Gurl, puh-leze! If only she recognized the irony in that statement. Don't hide behind the guise of privacy, when over 100K people have seen at least one of your children naked in a bathtub as a baby. I think we're way past privacy love. If you're really that concerned about your children's privacy, don't upload daily videos of their every move on a very public streaming website. I liken this to when people use the word homophobic to describe another person. They aren't scared of gay people, they are just being an arsehole. Gay people aren't the boogie man. Family vloggers don't care about privacy. They only care about money and public perception of their perfect little family. I wish they'd just own it. Then again if they did that, they'd have to own up to some other uncomfortable truths. We certainly can't have that.

I had a laugh listening to the way they all pronounce Dorothy. Sometimes when Tara speaks it's like nails on a chalkboard. She says axe (ask), lieberry (library), Darathy (Dorothy), and draw (drawer). She either adds or subtracts letters. I wasn't aware the English language had math in it. Southerners and Mid-westerners do this as well. Southern folks say warter (water) or just make words up as they go. Mid-westerners also make up words like crick (creek.) Just so we're clear here, a crick is a cramp or strain in your neck or back. Thus concludes language with Lou.
Dallas_Snob
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Dallas_Snob »

Lurkylou wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm Great news about wee Dorothy! I'm very happy she doesn't have a genetic disorder.

I was side-eyeing Mandi a bit when she said they decided not to disclose Dorothy's medical issues on the internet because it's private. Gurl, puh-leze! If only she recognized the irony in that statement. Don't hide behind the guise of privacy, when over 100K people have seen at least one of your children naked in a bathtub as a baby. I think we're way past privacy love. If you're really that concerned about your children's privacy, don't upload daily videos of their every move on a very public streaming website. I liken this to when people use the word homophobic to describe another person. They aren't scared of gay people, they are just being an arsehole. Gay people aren't the boogie man. Family vloggers don't care about privacy. They only care about money and public perception of their perfect little family. I wish they'd just own it. Then again if they did that, they'd have to own up to some other uncomfortable truths. We certainly can't have that.

I had a laugh listening to the way they all pronounce Dorothy. Sometimes when Tara speaks it's like nails on a chalkboard. She says axe (ask), lieberry (library), Darathy (Dorothy), and draw (drawer). She either adds or subtracts letters. I wasn't aware the English language had math in it. Southerners and Mid-westerners do this as well. Southern folks say warter (water) or just make words up as they go. Mid-westerners also make up words like crick (creek.) Just so we're clear here, a crick is a cramp or strain in your neck or back. Thus concludes language with Lou.
Just so we’re clear, the south has several different dialects.

The “warter” for water is common for folks in places like Georgia and South Carolina.

Someone from East Texas is going to have a different accent than someone from Louisiana.

Just like how Long Islanders have different accents from those in Queens.

Language is very regional and different areas pronounce things differently as that’s fine. I really just find Taras accent awful. Maybe because I am a Texan and don’t hear it a lot, I find her accent really difficult to listen to...
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

Dallas_Snob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 pm
Lurkylou wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm Great news about wee Dorothy! I'm very happy she doesn't have a genetic disorder.

The “warter” for water is common for folks in places like Georgia and South Carolina.

Someone from East Texas is going to have a different accent than someone from Louisiana.

Language is very regional and different areas pronounce things differently as that’s fine. I really just find Taras accent awful. Maybe because I am a Texan and don’t hear it a lot, I find her accent really difficult to listen to...
I am well aware of all of this information. But you should also know that I don't care what explanation/excuse is provide, it still bothers me. Warter is not a word and neither is lieberry. While we're at it, we can add the word braffist to the list! Their daughter's name is not pronounced Darathy and no, you may not axe me, because that's murder. I am Italian and I worked with a guy who used to call it Eyetalian. I finally had to tell him that my people do not come from Eyetaly. The American-English language has enough problems as it is, Tara doesn't need to kick it while it's down, LOL. I work with a guy who is British-Canadian and he once told me, "Darling, not only do you people mispronounce words, you don't spell them correctly either." Fell out of my seat laughing. As for Tara's accent, I only notice it when she mispronounces a word. A lot of North-Eastern Americans crossover into my home territory. I've grown accustomed to the accent.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lurkylou wrote:
Dallas_Snob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:23 pm

I am well aware of all of this information. But you should also know that I don't care what explanation/excuse is provide, it still bothers me. Warter is not a word and neither is lieberry. While we're at it, we can add the word braffist to the list! Their daughter's name is not pronounced Darathy and no, you may not axe me, because that's murder. I am Italian and I worked with a guy who used to call it Eyetalian. I finally had to tell him that my people do not come from Eyetaly. The American-English language has enough problems as it is, Tara doesn't need to kick it while it's down, LOL. I work with a guy who is British-Canadian and he once told me, "Darling, not only do you people mispronounce words, you don't spell them correctly either." Fell out of my seat laughing. As for Tara's accent, I only notice it when she mispronounces a word. A lot of North-Eastern Americans crossover into my home territory. I've grown accustomed to the accent.
ImageImageImageImage

minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

The whole how to say Dorothy, Darthy VS Doorathy thing was funny! I don't know anyone who pronounces it either way. It's more like a "doh" sound for me, like the "o" on opera or obvious. Doh rah thee. The only Dorothy I know has always been called Dot, I think she's about 30.

Tara's accent for the most part isn't usually too obnoxious (I'm a New Zealander), but Darthy just sounds like they are calling their baby Darth Vader.

What's happened to Mandi's curls? Her hair used to be curly and pretty. Now it's just slightly wavey.

Dottie does seem really vacant and her cry is odd as fuck.
Miranda_can
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Miranda_can »

minties82 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:48 pm The whole how to say Dorothy, Darthy VS Doorathy thing was funny! I don't know anyone who pronounces it either way. It's more like a "doh" sound for me, like the "o" on opera or obvious. Doh rah thee. The only Dorothy I know has always been called Dot, I think she's about 30.

Tara's accent for the most part isn't usually too obnoxious (I'm a New Zealander), but Darthy just sounds like they are calling their baby Darth Vader.

What's happened to Mandi's curls? Her hair used to be curly and pretty. Now it's just slightly wavey.

Dottie does seem really vacant and her cry is odd as fuck.
I have thought the same thing. Her cry does
Not sound like a typical babies cry and doesn’t even sound similar to the other girls cries when they were babies her age. It’s almost as if she’s too weak to let anything stronger out and she barely moves her mouth. It’s definitely odd and makes me wonder what they aren’t saying. I get they don’t want to share her medical stuff but if it was nothing and she just needed to get stronger you’d think they would just say that so something is up with that.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

She’s an odd looking little baby, she seems to have a big head and a very frozen expression on her face and strange sounding cry
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

Bobthedog wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:33 am She’s an odd looking little baby, she seems to have a big head and a very frozen expression on her face and strange sounding cry
She'd be really cute if she smiled, how old is she now? My 3 had purposeful smiles around 5-6 weeks of age.

I don't think she looks like Lennon as a baby, sorry Lennon you're gorgeous as hell now, but you were not a cute baby at all.

There's people here in New Zealand that say axe instead of ask too, usually grungy kids.
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

I'm probably alone in this but I think Dorothy is precious. When it comes to babies and chubby cheeks, I have sucker written on my forehead. I also love her eyes. I hope they stay blue. When she was born she looked so much like Lennon but she doesn't any more. Bless Lennon's heart, she was not the cutest baby in the world. She's morphed into a cute little girl though.

When it comes to Dorothy and her expressions, I think a large part of it is the camera. She looks so confused whenever they shove it in her face. I really don't think she cares for it. They put her on a playmat so she can at least get some tummy time. She seems way more alert during that time. They've said she smiles and I do believe them. I just don't think she likes that camera. Poor baby. I wouldn't either.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

OMG, can they get any more boring??? An entire vlog on cleaning out their closet??? Do they really think people are interested in their CLOSET?????

I don't think the baby is expressionless due to the camera. There is just something not "right" about her, but I"ll just leave it at that.

When does Mandi go back to work? How is she going to handle life if she can't even figure out what to do when Dot grabs a handful of her hair.....they are really lost touch of whats normal these days.
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Lurkylou wrote:I'm probably alone in this but I think Dorothy is precious. When it comes to babies and chubby cheeks, I have sucker written on my forehead. I also love her eyes. I hope they stay blue. When she was born she looked so much like Lennon but she doesn't any more. Bless Lennon's heart, she was not the cutest baby in the world. She's morphed into a cute little girl though.

When it comes to Dorothy and her expressions, I think a large part of it is the camera. She looks so confused whenever they shove it in her face. I really don't think she cares for it. They put her on a playmat so she can at least get some tummy time. She seems way more alert during that time. They've said she smiles and I do believe them. I just don't think she likes that camera. Poor baby. I wouldn't either.
Those cute little chubby cheeks of hers are adorable Image

zombieguts7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by zombieguts7 »

Mandi is going back to work in January. Honestly I feel like Tara is going to have a breakdown trying to look after 3 small children and an infant with medical issues. And they've said in the past they need Mandi's paycheck so I don't see her converting to a SAHM any time soon.
Lurkylou
Amateur
Amateur

Liz_444 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:10 pm OMG, can they get any more boring??? An entire vlog on cleaning out their closet??? Do they really think people are interested in their CLOSET?????

I don't think the baby is expressionless due to the camera. There is just something not "right" about her, but I"ll just leave it at that.

When does Mandi go back to work? How is she going to handle life if she can't even figure out what to do when Dot grabs a handful of her hair.....they are really lost touch of whats normal these days.
There could very well be something wrong with her. Tara and Mandi refuse to discuss her issues, which is fine. I'm still confused as to whether it's really about "privacy" or if they unconsciously feel ashamed of the fact their daughter isn't "perfect." Casey and Kayli Butler (ShayTards) have a son named Winston. I use to watch the Mom'sView and I remember Kayli saying that people made a lot of awful comments about Winston when he was a baby. I'm not giving that train wreck of a family any of my time, so I read and saw a few things that other people posted online. I guess for the first year of his life he was relatively expressionless, so people said there was something wrong with him. I know Dorothy situation isn't quite the same thing. She does actually have some things wrong with her. I guess the optimistic parent in me wants to believe that it is too soon to tell. Thankfully, I never had a baby that was in the NICU. I don't know what kinds of delays, if any, that can cause. We don't know what's actually wrong with her, so we don't know what kinds of long-term health effects she might have. If I am being perfectly honest, I hate that we even know about this little girl. It opens up her little life to so much speculation. This is another reason why family vlogging should be heavily regulated. Imagine what these kids may find written about themselves when they are older? The world is cruel enough. Why would you want to subject your kid to that?
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Lurkylou wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:27 am
Liz_444 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:10 pm OMG, can they get any more boring??? An entire vlog on cleaning out their closet??? Do they really think people are interested in their CLOSET?????

There could very well be something wrong with her. Tara and Mandi refuse to discuss her issues, which is fine. I'm still confused as to whether it's really about "privacy" or if they unconsciously feel ashamed of the fact their daughter isn't "perfect." Casey and Kayli Butler (ShayTards) have a son named Winston. I use to watch the Mom'sView and I remember Kayli saying that people made a lot of awful comments about Winston when he was a baby. I'm not giving that train wreck of a family any of my time, so I read and saw a few things that other people posted online. I guess for the first year of his life he was relatively expressionless, so people said there was something wrong with him. I know Dorothy situation isn't quite the same thing. She does actually have some things wrong with her. I guess the optimistic parent in me wants to believe that it is too soon to tell. Thankfully, I never had a baby that was in the NICU. I don't know what kinds of delays, if any, that can cause. We don't know what's actually wrong with her, so we don't know what kinds of long-term health effects she might have. If I am being perfectly honest, I hate that we even know about this little girl. It opens up her little life to so much speculation. This is another reason why family vlogging should be heavily regulated. Imagine what these kids may find written about themselves when they are older? The world is cruel enough. Why would you want to subject your kid to that?

Money, plain and simple. They have gotten accustomed to having free items sent to them, pimping their kids out for brand deals, and spoiled Tara has a father that likes to throw money at them.
They would not have a new kitchen, updated furniture, and a dream toy basement (stuffed full of more toys than a preschool has!).

Return to “I-P”