Megan Fox Unlocked

Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Re: Megan Fox Unlocked

Unread post by Hyacinth »

I kind of find the channels of the Mennonite vloggers interesting. I only occassionally watch Megan's channel - she talks too fast and she has kind of morphed herself into other wannabe influencers with the business and the range of merch etc? Does anyone else watch Lynette Yoder's channel? I only occassionally watch her as well but did anyone notice in her latest video that she was on camera with her hair in a pony tail and her hair in a pony tail plaited? (Then she was back to the bun and hair covering when they went out to eat) That is huge for a Mennonite woman right? The other Mennonite vlogger that I occassionally watch as The Mennonite Mom (Jeanine?). Her channel is sometimes interesting, but can also be painful (and they obviously have money issues at times)
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Hyacinth wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:08 pm I kind of find the channels of the Mennonite vloggers interesting. I only occassionally watch Megan's channel - she talks too fast and she has kind of morphed herself into other wannabe influencers with the business and the range of merch etc? Does anyone else watch Lynette Yoder's channel? I only occassionally watch her as well but did anyone notice in her latest video that she was on camera with her hair in a pony tail and her hair in a pony tail plaited? (Then she was back to the bun and hair covering when they went out to eat) That is huge for a Mennonite woman right? The other Mennonite vlogger that I occassionally watch as The Mennonite Mom (Jeanine?). Her channel is sometimes interesting, but can also be painful (and they obviously have money issues at times)
I liked Megan a lot when she first started and was at her old house sitting at the kitchen table making whoopie pies. Now she is way too "asthetic" for me. It's almost like a hustle now to keep up with the Jones. Plus her anxiety just palpates from the screen. So I don't watch anymore.

I've watched Lynette a few times and liked her recipes videos.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Bobthedog »

people are slating Megan and saying she doesn’t keep her children safe Which in my humble opinion is just silly, her children are happy and allowed to play and be children, what does or did annoy me though was when she was getting her web site up and running to sell those rather boring goods that she “designed” lol, she just kept on and on about being an entrepreneur and loving running her own business etc, now don’t get me wrong I’m all for anybody trying to make life better for themselves and their kids but bless her sheltered little heart the goods were very drab and are probably not going to fly off the shelves. I get the feeling Megan is a little bit full of herself at times.
PhreePanda
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PhreePanda »

I really like her. I live in a Holderman Mennonite town myself and go to a modern Mennonite church. I actually try to watch moms like her more to lift me up. I do find her far more inspiring than the typical yt moms.
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Does anyone else watch The Mennonite Mom? (Jeanine?). I only watched part of her most recent video, but her house is a total and utter pigsty (even allowing for the renovations). Then she showed herself re-potting a plant in her 'new" living room and there was potting mix all over her new carpet. She is an absolute slob. Her husband seems to be more careful and thoughtful - she must drive him crazy.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

For as paranoid as she is did anyone catch Ivani hanging over the bridge where the gators were and they weren’t even paying attention ? I panicked so bad I can’t post a pic but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Amelia322 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:55 am For as paranoid as she is did anyone catch Ivani hanging over the bridge where the gators were and they weren’t even paying attention ? I panicked so bad I can’t post a pic but.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She always strikes me as being a little more "hands off" than some in regards to the kids. At a year old she would let them climb stairs solo or play alone. I just can't tolerate all the YT mommies ignoring the pandemic and she is one of the biggest culprits. She has gone on numerous vacations and also attends events in the community with nary a mask in sight.
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

Has anyone ever seen her dog INSIDE the house? I never have, or seen any evidence of the dog living in the house, toys, a bed, a bowl.
TheSassyPickle

Unread post by TheSassyPickle »

smarlo wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:51 am My children were raised under the banner of "Don't be an asshole" with no religion. They are kind, respectful, well rounded, very well educated young adult women.

No one is looking down on anyone. We just wonder about certain things. This is a snark site, a gossip site, even the name of it is YOU TUBE MAMMA DRAMA. I think if you don't like what's written here, move along.
If you don’t like Megan, move along too. On YouTube you have all of the power: you click on a video to view it, you can subscribe or unsubscribe at will (literally and metaphorically).

Also, you can say you set an example of not being an asshole for your kids all day long, but then look at you. Look at what you’re doing with your time and energy. You are judging people plainly like you’re qualified to do that and bluntly, you’re being an asshole.

Values are guiding lights, not actionable steps and it is fundamental philosophy that we can’t always live up to our values and that there are perfectly reasonable reasons for that: like your energy level, like being pregnant, like holding two values that have come into conflict with one another (like self care and ease and perfect parenting).

If you meant it when you said you strive not to be an asshole, you’re falling short of that expressed value right here in real time for everyone to see and worse, you don’t seem to have any self awareness or insight into that. Worse still, you are defending that behavior as acceptable, appropriate, or necessary. You’re not even trying to hold yourself to a higher standard. Maybe that’s why you hate Megan so much is because she tries.

Is Megan perfect? No. But she is always demonstrating self awareness around that. She sees herself and everyone else as a work in progress. You can tell by the way she talks. You’re just being mean and trying to join “the perfect mom parade” as Brene Brown calls it. You are nitpicking. Anyone can be picked apart that way.

On this site you’ve all said things like, Megan should consider that people don’t want to see her room makeover. Don’t you think she has? Don’t you think she figures that if people don’t want to see it they’ve moved along from her channel? Why would she tailor her content for a few people who don’t like it when there are over 100,000 people who do? I want to see her she toyroom makeover. Do not ruin this for me. Find something you like to watch. Or better yet put 10% of the energy you use to scrutinize Megan into reflecting on why you do what you do.

What you’re doing is something called “leveling.” And it isn’t justifiable. You’re trying to level the playing field between you and her by taking all of these cheap shots. It doesn’t work. You’re still where you are defending asshole behavior while insisting you aren’t one. And she’s still where she is, trying to get better everyday while admitting she isn’t perfect.

What else do you want from her? Stop talking about other people. Focus on you boo boo. Because your shit stinks too. Clearly. We don’t even need to debate that point, you’ve all proven it yourselves. She literally demonstrated her self awareness around gossip in Mennonite culture in a video and y’all had a problem with that too because gossiping is your favorite hobby instead of sitting in a comfortable chair to do a devotional or being bravely vulnerable about your life: the good and the bad, on the internet as a show of STRENGTH. Gtfo with your nonsense!

Now, if you’ll excuse me. I’ve just been a righteous asshole and while it felt good, I’m going to go listen to a podcast and make some cookies and calm myself back down so I can better interact with people who are trying to be better everyday. Unless the I’m-without-sin-judgment-squad-headquarters over here wants to throw anymore stones. See, you don’t have to be perfect. Just self aware and trying. Peace out fuckers.
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

OMG... the same old same old quarrels about who's the minion who's defending whom and who should move along. :roll:

Every YT mother gets criticized for her parenting skills, especially if they make questionable decisions fro their kids. As long as no one Goes into REAL LIFE we are allowed.
Even Mennonites should be aware of this and - respectfully and decently, and legally - they can get criticized.

There aren't many Mennonites moms so I was womdering if anyone caught Kim Martin. There is no thread on her but I think we coauld have a general one for Mennonites altogether, No?
Seems overkill to open one each.

How can Mennonites be so WEALTHY? How can they afford those big houses, cars, so many children. And don't tell me that they are "frugal", because so am I and can barely afford rent with a University degree.

I am very into their cooking videos, especially traditional pies! Yummy!
up all night, got demons to fight
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I watch Kim Martin too and wonder the same thing. And I'm also here for the food!

Edited to add, a general Mennonite mom thread would be 👍
HellKittyNinja
Discord name: HellKittyNinja

Unread post by HellKittyNinja »

smarlo wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:58 am I watch Kim Martin too and wonder the same thing. And I'm also here for the food!

Edited to add, a general Mennonite mom thread would be 👍
Made an account here to say I love you lol
I originally came to this forum for more information on if that woman was actually a Mennonite or not but omgoodness your snark got me! That "pointy headed twit" comment had me rolling. 💀🤣😂
DarkMark
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by DarkMark »

Anything new with Megan these days?
smarlo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smarlo »

I quit watching her because I couldn't take her beige lifestyle anymore. She did have a third kid to ignore along with the dog.

Return to “I-P”