Knorpp & South: Twitching and Thrifting | Part 5

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Knorpp & South: Twitching and Thrifting | Part 5

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I mean, you can learn from failure. I forget how many failures Edison had trying to make a light bulb, but he phrased it that he didn't fail that number of times. He learned that many times how not to do it. But the difference is that he was still aiming for success.
The cognitive dissonance in that family has got to be confusing. As has been said, their whole brand is the big happy family. People comment on their videos saying what great parents M&M are. The older kids must see that and wonder why it doesn't match their reality. Or maybe they just don't know any better, because this is what they have grown up with.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by newbie »

Does anyone remembers 'octomom' Natalie Suleman, her latest Instagram shows how she teaches her kids behavioral life-skills, take note Mike & Meg! and she does it all on her own!

Primrose
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Primrose »

OK, I’ve held off commenting on Megan’s narcissism / neglect of her children’s education. I’m not a diagnostician. We are only seeing a portion of their lives. (Although what drove me to find this board was my wondering ‘Are others seeing any cause for concern with Peter and Asher?’)

However, today’s IG post had her displaying ‘A Child’s Book of Knowledge’ and going on about how she wants to be a book illustrator. Nothing about, ‘This would be great to sit down and read to Eve and Jude’ or ‘This is the perfect book to have laying around for a kid to pick up.’

She also bought LPs of classical pieces. Nothing about listening to these works with kids; only about framing the record jackets.
Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

I’m afraid these lunatics will never be held accountable.
Care2Share
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Care2Share »

Welcome, Primrose!
Yeah, Meg is ill. Mike has no balls. The kids are begging for attention and structure. They wander around, bored. Bored children get into trouble.
Megan thinks she’s this talented, tortured artist, who needs all to bow to her whims. This is Megan’s world, and everyone else is just background noise. Mike is just going along for the ride, straight off of the cliff.
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

Primrose wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:23 pm OK, I’ve held off commenting on Megan’s narcissism / neglect of her children’s education. I’m not a diagnostician. We are only seeing a portion of their lives. (Although what drove me to find this board was my wondering ‘Are others seeing any cause for concern with Peter and Asher?’)

However, today’s IG post had her displaying ‘A Child’s Book of Knowledge’ and going on about how she wants to be a book illustrator. Nothing about, ‘This would be great to sit down and read to Eve and Jude’ or ‘This is the perfect book to have laying around for a kid to pick up.’

She also bought LPs of classical pieces. Nothing about listening to these works with kids; only about framing the record jackets.
This was heartbreaking to see. At first I thought she was going to say she couldn't wait to sit down with the kids and read these great books. Nope, it doesn't even occur to her. She wanted them to inspire her inner illustrator. The pictures are pretty. It makes me feel like crying over the opportunities lost with these eager to learn children, not to mention feeling loved because their mom wanted to spend time with them in a meaningful way. She just doesn't have it in her. Did she ever read to her kids? Has she ever doted on them and shown them affection? Did she give it all to her first born and call it good?

Same with the classical LPs. What a missed opportunity.

I flip back and forth from anger to sadness watching her channels. Right now, I'm deeply saddened seeing her ruin her children's lives.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MervelllaB »

Megan’s latest annoyance over the rug, shows again how out of touch she is with the world right now.
Everyone ordering goods internationally knows that things can be indefinitely delayed, by customs for quarantining. It’s just a thing atm.
Another issue which is quite common with international deliveries with DHL is customs tax. They will contact you separately by text or email and ask for a customs payment. They won’t deliver if you don’t pay it. It won’t update through tracking, they will message you separately.
Sometimes DHL customs tax can be really quite pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tomcruisin4abruisin
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by tomcruisin4abruisin »

melki wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:10 am I have compassion for Asher and would encourage others to as well to be honest.
I agree with everything you said. For the most part I think there are no bad kids, just bad parents.

I also think that the adoptions and adopting out of birth order had a huge impact on all the children but especially Asher.
Magarel12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Magarel12 »

tomcruisin4abruisin wrote:
melki wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:10 am I have compassion for Asher and would encourage others to as well to be honest.

I also think that the adoptions and adopting out of birth order had a huge impact on all the children but especially Asher.
Absolutely ! Where I live, it’s highly advised against, even not authorized !

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

MervelllaB wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:03 am Megan’s latest annoyance over the rug, shows again how out of touch she is with the world right now.
Everyone ordering goods internationally knows that things can be indefinitely delayed, by customs for quarantining. It’s just a thing atm.
Another issue which is quite common with international deliveries with DHL is customs tax. They will contact you separately by text or email and ask for a customs payment. They won’t deliver if you don’t pay it. It won’t update through tracking, they will message you separately.
Sometimes DHL customs tax can be really quite pricey.

And how sad was it that you had to film yourself waiting at the window for a god damn rug.....why not spend time with your kids? Oh, that's right.....they don't exist when you are occupied with "things".
1Poodle1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 1Poodle1 »

Asher abusing Jude has apparently been going on for years. I was watching the vlog of the day they left for their trip to Europe (4 yrs ago) and during the family meeting where Mike had everyone gathered together, I saw it happen. I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for Jude verbalizing he was in pain. Asher was facing backwards in a chair on his knees, Jude sitting in a chair in front of him, turned sideways. Jude had his hand on the back of the chair Asher was in. Asher had his hands next to Jude. Asher put his hands on Jude's, looked to see if his mother was watching and started pressing down with the weight of his body until Jude started yelping. It was stealth, it was intentional, and it was done to cause Jude pain. I often hear Jude in the background of vlogs making the same yelp. Just recently while Asher, Eve, and Jude were out on the trampoline you could hear Jude yelling in pain, from inside the house. Jude is the sweetest little boy and to know Asher has been intentionally hurting him for years is heartbreaking. It is also heartbreaking that Asher feels so much resentment towards him. That's his parent's fault. I'm sure siblings mess with each other, especially boys, but this wasn't Peter Asher was inflicting pain on. Jude was tiny little thing. Not cool at all! :( Watching the family dynamic from back then is quite interesting.

Someone please instruct how to post a screen shot! It's around 4:29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtXVy5jcwM
Texasprairiechicken
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Texasprairiechicken »

In the previous thread, it was mentioned that Pearl is earning money for camp. Did they say what kind of camp?

I am willing to bet that it is LDS Girls camp. Yes, you can learn a few helpful things about the outdoors, and yes it is fun, but every day also includes LDS indoctrination (testimony building or faith building) activities. It is not going to be helpful to Pearl in the way that some of you are imagining.

The LDS church has at least 100 billion dollars in the stock market, plus other investments. They could easily fund this, but they don't.
NYCtoNKY
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NYCtoNKY »

Is Pearl in any sort of physical therapy for her back? Surely all the hunching over to knot bracelets and hauling boxes isn’t good for her back at all. Isn’t there at least a brace that might help.
Care2Share
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Care2Share »

It’s not really the type of camp that my issue is. I’m sure it is an LDS thing. It’s the idea that Pearl has to earn money to pay for it when Elijah got a trip to Iceland and Asher got a ton of blacksmith tools and a special trip to have a course, and Andrew gets a piano etc. Esther mentioned on her SM that Pearl was trying to save money to pay for a camp. Megan could front her the money with a day’s worth of thrifting.
MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

NYCtoNKY wrote:Is Pearl in any sort of physical therapy for her back? Surely all the hunching over to knot bracelets and hauling boxes isn’t good for her back at all. Isn’t there at least a brace that might help.
I don’t think she is.
Her back just gets worse and worse. You can really see the decrease in her height and one of her legs is definitely shorter than the other.
At very least she needs core and leg strengthening exercises. She could definitely also do with orthotic input to help her walking.

I just don’t understand, from reading about her condition, it is basically a more complex form of spina bifida. I know there is nothing that can be done to fix her spine. However, there is a lot can be done to maintain her health, in relation to her spine.
It must be a painful condition. She has to be in pain, as must Esther.
What worries me most is the attitude of the church, to such disabilities. They focus so much on appearance and the need to be married and have children. However, the traditional attitude to disability in the church is very much that you have done something in your existence before birth, to incur the punishment of the disability. Those attitudes could very wrongly, make it difficult for Esther and Pearl.
Also Pearl, in the years to come is bound to have questions and concerns about how her condition would affect her in pregnancy, for example. She is kid who must have lots of questions that deserve answers and my heart breaks for her.
In the U.K., Pearl would be under constant review by a team of spinal surgeons. It might not be fixable but her condition needs to be monitored.

melki
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melki »

1Poodle1 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:16 am Asher abusing Jude has apparently been going on for years. I was watching the vlog of the day they left for their trip to Europe (4 yrs ago) and during the family meeting where Mike had everyone gathered together, I saw it happen. I wouldn't have noticed it if it weren't for Jude verbalizing he was in pain. Asher was facing backwards in a chair on his knees, Jude sitting in a chair in front of him, turned sideways. Jude had his hand on the back of the chair Asher was in. Asher had his hands next to Jude. Asher put his hands on Jude's, looked to see if his mother was watching and started pressing down with the weight of his body until Jude started yelping. It was stealth, it was intentional, and it was done to cause Jude pain. I often hear Jude in the background of vlogs making the same yelp. Just recently while Asher, Eve, and Jude were out on the trampoline you could hear Jude yelling in pain, from inside the house. Jude is the sweetest little boy and to know Asher has been intentionally hurting him for years is heartbreaking. It is also heartbreaking that Asher feels so much resentment towards him. That's his parent's fault. I'm sure siblings mess with each other, especially boys, but this wasn't Peter Asher was inflicting pain on. Jude was tiny little thing. Not cool at all! :( Watching the family dynamic from back then is quite interesting.

Someone please instruct how to post a screen shot! It's around 4:29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AtXVy5jcwM
Oh the way he looks deliberately at the camera to see if they see is so upsetting.

When I made the video edit of Megan ignoring kids in the house tour videos I tried to explain what I think is the significance of them (the two middle boys) looking directly at the camera lens. They do it so often and so deliberately, when the others almost never do.

In child psychology, parents attention literally creates a child's sense of self and their moral compass. The parent role is an ''all seeing all knowing'' monitor that observes them and directs them. Think of a parent to a toddler, following them around the world and constantly saying ''good job!'' or ''don't touch that'' or ''be careful on the stairs''. That's powerful, it shapes kids' sense of the world and confidence and independence. I feel as if Asher and Pete (I always forget that one even exists lol) missed out on this because of the timing of the adoptions, and also just because of Mike and Megan's general neglectful personalities. I think that when they started the channel a little after the adoptions, the middle kids saw the camera as the middleman to their parents attention, the ''all seeing all knowing'' role, and now they're stuck at a 5/6year old's desire for direction and to literally be ''seen'' by a parental figure. They look into it constantly with such neediness as if they can't help it. The biggest give away is that they do it whenever they do anything a parent might typically comment on to a young kid - whether that's making a joke, doing a cool trick or hurting their younger sibling.

Anyway. That's something I've thought a bit about and this is such a good example of it. I had also noticed the exact thing in another video around the same time. All the kids were playing on a trampoline, and Asher is deliberately targeting Jude to knock him over and put all his body weight on him.
Magarel12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Magarel12 »

MervelllaB wrote:
NYCtoNKY wrote:Is Pearl in any sort of physical therapy for her back? Surely all the hunching over to knot bracelets and hauling boxes isn’t good for her back at all. Isn’t there at least a brace that might help.
I don’t think she is.
Her back just gets worse and worse. You can really see the decrease in her height and one of her legs is definitely shorter than the other.
At very least she needs core and leg strengthening exercises. She could definitely also do with orthotic input to help her walking.

I just don’t understand, from reading about her condition, it is basically a more complex form of spina bifida. I know there is nothing that can be done to fix her spine. However, there is a lot can be done to maintain her health, in relation to her spine.
It must be a painful condition. She has to be in pain, as must Esther.
What worries me most is the attitude of the church, to such disabilities. They focus so much on appearance and the need to be married and have children. However, the traditional attitude to disability in the church is very much that you have done something in your existence before birth, to incur the punishment of the disability. Those attitudes could very wrongly, make it difficult for Esther and Pearl.
Also Pearl, in the years to come is bound to have questions and concerns about how her condition would affect her in pregnancy, for example. She is kid who must have lots of questions that deserve answers and my heart breaks for her.
In the U.K., Pearl would be under constant review by a team of spinal surgeons. It might not be fixable but her condition needs to be monitored.

So heartbreaking and unfair ! They’re awfull parents.
And the church things ... OMG, just want to scream ! It’s 21st century ImageImageImageImage

I just hope the kids will be able to escape this dysfunctional and harmful « family »

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They're always saying "there's nothing that can be done" about Pearl's back, but that just isn't true. Maybe there's nothing to cure it/"fix" it, but there are definitely things to do to make her more comfortable. Physical therapy could help a lot. And the fact that they just expect her to suck it up and endure her lot makes me so angry. You just know that if Megan had back pain, she would be getting taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MervelllaB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Absolutely, it didn’t take her too long to get Invisalign when she said her teeth were hurting. However, look at Pearl’s back? She doesn’t even have decent shoes; no supportive seating in the house; no proper bed with a good supportive mattress.
However, if Megan needed it?

NarcoelpsyMom
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by NarcoelpsyMom »

NYCtoNKY wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 am Is Pearl in any sort of physical therapy for her back? Surely all the hunching over to knot bracelets and hauling boxes isn’t good for her back at all. Isn’t there at least a brace that might help.
If they are doing anything, they certainly don’t talk about it or show it. It could be they do some PT and just keep it quiet- they have only mentioned Eve getting speech therapy now twice since Christmas.

I have some serious painful back issues. On a regular basis, I get shots to help with the pain, go through PT every year for 24 visits (all insurance will cover), had surgery to implant a device to lessen my overall pain, and on top of that, I wear supportive shoes only (which sucks when everyone gets to wear cute sandals and heels), I use a TENS unit at home, use a heating pad, use CBD oil, an acupressure mat, I do PT exercises that I can do at home 1-2x a week, use a firm tube shaped “roller”, and do a lot of stretches to give my lower back my flexibility.

I do this, because at my age, I feel like a woman twice my age. I have trouble going up and down stairs. I am in awful pain by the end of the day. More so on the days I spend more time on my feet standing still (moving is less painful than standing still). I will never feel better, but I do everything I can to keep it from getting worse fast.

Megan and Mike do nothing to look after Pearl’s future. Nothing. She is going to be in excruciating pain before she’s 30- you can already see the exhausted look that comes from chronic pain patients on her face.

As pointed out before, with a leg that is shorter than the other, she is going to need a shoe that evens her gait, or every single step she takes is literally, factually making her back worse, and her pain worse.

She may not be able to have her spine corrected- if it’s true that her spinal deformation is one of a kind, it’s doubtful that anyone is looking for a way to correct it- but until they take her to a doctor interested in helping, she will never have a doctor fighting to give her a chance. All that aside, the stuff I mentioned above that I do? That’s the type of stuff that will strengthen her muscles, giving her back more support, and lessening her pain.

She should NOT be living in pain just because Mindless Mike and Manic Megan don’t believe in actual healthcare, medication, or doctors. They probably think a sprinkle of essential oils will cure her.

Return to “I-P”