LisaMarie ttc Part 1

QueenCarol
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LisaMarie ttc Part 1

Unread post by QueenCarol »

Does anyone here follow Lisa on Instagram? I finally got one to follow her (and a few others) but she made her account private. I'm afraid to "ask" just incase she doesn't want to accept new requests.
ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

Lisa posted on Facebook that she's making her account private for close friends and family only. So I guess she will be going through and blocking subscribers who do currently follow her. I'm confused because she said she wants to be able to safely share pictures of Gemma without negativity and that's why she's doing it. However I've never seen any negative comments on her pictures. It's not even like she typically gets more than a handful of comments on them (all positive). Even this thread is super pro-Lisa so I have no idea what she's talking about.

Between this and what Kelli said about Lisa & Bill not being sure about how much they want to expose Gemma on the Internet, I don't honestly think this yt channel is actually going to be around for much longer. I am sort of expecting the videos to slowly peter out to non-existence before Gemma is even 1. I'm bummed.
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

Yeah I was following her in IG and I suppose I was blocked so I don't see her posts. I would have unsubscribed from her if she would have asked. Anyways, perhaps she thinks people will judge or comment in response to what Kelli had said/reacted when baby was born? Idk, but good for her that Gemma is her priority. I'm bummed as well as I liked watching Lisa and her journey. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KatB11182014
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatB11182014 »

What is her IG name I wanna see if I am blocked.
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

I believe it was thingsthisweek.

Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

Nvm she didn't block me. I guess you can kick out subscribers? Idk.[img]//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/18 ... e18a58.jpg[/img]

That's how mine looks like.

ProSubscriber
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ProSubscriber »

That's what it looks like for me now too.

Maybe I am butthurt since Lisa was my fave, but it's super weird to me. She's not a YouTube sensation. She had less than 300 followers on IG and besides Gemma's birth only ever got around a dozen comments per pic and they were all variations of "cute." I'm also one to roll my eyes at those who are so paranoid they don't ever post a picture of their kid, think there's a huge stranger danger problem, etc, when statistically this is one of the safest times for children to live in. I feel like this may be related to Kelli somehow, but who knows.

I think a lot of the ig followers were people who actually sent her stuff for the online baby shower and have been subbed for awhile. It's weird to accept hundreds (thousands?) of dollars worth of gifts then get rid of the people who sent them. One of the joys of sending cute baby stuff is actually seeing it on the baby. I don't know. I just think it's weird and in hindsight the online baby shower seems a bit rude. lol.
Koshka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Koshka »

I'm with you now that you mentioned the baby shower. Totally forgot about that! Yeah that would be rude for her to do that to the loads of people that sent her things for baby Gemma. Aww.

Hmm... I wonder if we will ever find out the main reason why she did this. Lol

I can't check YouTube at the moment but has she removed videos where Gemma comes out? I wonder if she will do a clean house and just do updates or none at all.

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I think it's kind of an asshole move because she was supported by so many people through her struggle and now she got what she wanted and everybody can just piss off
#FreeBen
Heartbreakcoverupxo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Heartbreakcoverupxo »

I feel butt hurt too, I liked seeing the cute pictures. Now I can't, I've watched her videos since before she even had her first ivf. I hate people like that.. I have everything now, now go away people.
I speak the truth, if that makes me a bitch then so be it.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

She accepted ALOT of gifts from people just a few months ago and now she is going to shut them out? That is not cool. You can definitely still hav fan pages and npot share too much of your children.
banksyChic
Talker
Talker

Unread post by banksyChic »

The way she spoke when addressing the Instagram thing in her newest video rubbed me the wrong way. "I had young girls following me!" Uh yeah Lisa, did you think 3200 TTC women just like you followed you? I understand the mama bear thing but I think she's just soft. Oh well
Icedcoffeeaddict
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Icedcoffeeaddict »

Awe I also had her on IG and liked seeing her updates. In her video she said she blocked people because of two negative comments. I understand being upset but it was two people? I've never seen negative comments on her pics or videos so I find that strange. I wonder what the comment was about.
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I was blocked too on IG. It's so fucking annoying when youtubers tell us EVERYTHING about their TTC journey and then completely turn their backs against people who have supported them from the start. It's rude. I'm disappointed in Lisa.
Icedcoffeeaddict
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Icedcoffeeaddict »

Lisa should of made a post saying that she decided that she wasn't comfortable sharing photos of her and Gemma online to people she did not know personally. If she would of said that I am sure most people would of been understanding. Instead she just blocked everyone who wasn't a member of the TTC community. Also, how is it relevant that younger girls are watching her videos? She doesn't curse, her videos are pretty G rated. She also disabled ratings, why? Was she worried that all the people she blocked would give her a thumbs down? Obviously she knows people would be upset, otherwise she wouldn't of disabled ratings.I can't help but think there is more to the whole situation.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I am watching the video where she addresses the IG/negative comments and while I do understand where she is coming from, her speech is so off putting. "Not part of the TTC community" how does she know? not everyone comments or makes their struggles known, also she isnt comfortable having people she does not know follow her but she was sure comfortable taking gifts from them. This really rubs me the wrong way, she is still going to show Gemma in videos... what is the difference? If she wanted a private IG she should have handled it better, IMO. Lost a viewer in me, honestly. If I am not good enough to follow you on IG, I wont be subscribing to your videos either and I am not interested enough to follow along/search for updates.
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I was blocked from her IG even though I was the literally the first person to comment when Gemma was born. It blows my mind when these women share every fucking detail about their TTC, pregnancy and L&D, but then suddenly decide to go off the grid.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

It would've been smarter for her to make it private, watermark her pics, and limit what she shares but make a separate private IG for family and close friends. Then she could just block the assholes instead of getting rid of the people who have supported her all along
#FreeBen
AppleBottom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AppleBottom »

Don't worry if you're not still on her IG. Her post are just as boring now as they were before.
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

Jeez what a boitch. I saw this coming. Many TTCers act like honey and sugar before getting pregnant. Accept support, love and gifts from viewers and after having a baby, give NO shit. Yes, this dumbhead is no different.
I'm happy some people are seeing the real her. I never trust people who speak a little too sweet, there is always something off about them. This one. She is 1. Boring as hell. 2. Cannot control her brain. 3. Zero judgement and decision making skills. and now. 4. A stupid selfish move. :?

Return to “I-P”