Living Rosa | Part 1

minties82
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Livingrosa

Unread post by minties82 »

Maeve has some resemblance to Lennon, something about her eyes. Shes so so cute though! Lennon has her own...unique...looks.

I actually think Mandi is and will struggle with the kids more than Tara, she gets frustrated at every little thing. She thinks they are always crazy, or going insane, and she doesn't cope with any sort of grizzling or anything like that. A few times she's roughly snatched stuff off one baby or yelled at the dogs just for being there. I don't know why she wants so many kids, if they seem to be such a bother. I always thought Mandi would be a more natural mother and would end up being the stay at home parent, but Tara seems to be doing a better job of things.

I'm not a super tidy person, but all the paper, lego, cutting up of cardboard boxes, sellotaping everything etc etc from my 7 & 5 year old is one hell of a mess compared to what my 22 month old gets up to.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

kids equals mess lol it's the kind of mess I like though it's about life and play and energy. Yes I agree that I thought Mandi word be the real earth mother type but I was mistaken, she does seem to get very overwhelmed much of the time and constantly says things like they are crazy and life is insane etc etc they are probably the best behaved kids I've ever seen, she would have been over whelmed with my lot lol
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frostedlemonade »

I don't get why they pay to have Bonds pajamas shipped from Australia, especially when there are American brands of equal quality??
minties82
Informer
Informer

I don't know, bonds are super expensive and popular here in New Zealand too. The local bonds outlet closed and everyone was whining about it. I've never bought baby bonds stuff because I hate the garish patterns and how much it costs. But it does seem to fit well and last a long time.
sheisonarun
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sheisonarun »

Wow, did you see the bruise that M had on her arm?
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

minties82 wrote:I don't know, bonds are super expensive and popular here in New Zealand too. The local bonds outlet closed and everyone was whining about it. I've never bought baby bonds stuff because I hate the garish patterns and how much it costs. But it does seem to fit well and last a long time.
Interesting. It just seems silly to buy from Australia when Hanna Andersson offers the same exact thing.
sheisonarun wrote:Wow, did you see the bruise that M had on her arm?
Yes! Poor thing. I feel like Everett will be a brat and Maeve will be a doormat like Mandy. ;)
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

What do y'all think about their toy rotation thing? I can understand the concept, but personally never had it when I was little and don't know anyone who did.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Highlighter wrote:What do y'all think about their toy rotation thing? I can understand the concept, but personally never had it when I was little and don't know anyone who did.

My parents actually did this when I was a kid. We had 7 kids so there were lots of toys. I can still remember the feeling I got when the "new" rotated toys were brought out. It felt like we were getting all new toys again. It does help with the boredom kids can get with the same toys. Our toys were rotated out every 6 months.
I never did this with my kids. Not for a reason other than I didn't want to bother doing it....lol!
Highlighter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Highlighter »

Liz_444 wrote:
Highlighter wrote:What do y'all think about their toy rotation thing? I can understand the concept, but personally never had it when I was little and don't know anyone who did.

My parents actually did this when I was a kid. We had 7 kids so there were lots of toys. I can still remember the feeling I got when the "new" rotated toys were brought out. It felt like we were getting all new toys again. It does help with the boredom kids can get with the same toys. Our toys were rotated out every 6 months.
I never did this with my kids. Not for a reason other than I didn't want to bother doing it....lol!
Ah yes, I can see how that would work. The again, it really makes you think of how many toys these kids have, aka how spoiled Lennon is. The babies aren't going to be getting 'bored' with anything anytime soon and most of the toys they have only Lennon plays with. Your family had 7 kids, this family only has three and two of said kids are still babies. My goodness. Talk about the first child effect.

Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Lennons is ridiculously spoiled, Christmas and birthdays can surely only be updates of the same toy concept as she seems to already have multiples of everything already, I agree that Everett will be the dominant twin and poor little meave will be the doormat, they treat them very differently, Everett is brought up to beam at the camera and meave is left rolling on the floor with just sort of "oh hi meave" as a token of acknowledgment of her presence. Such a shame as she is a dear little girl who deserves just as much fuss and fanfare as Lennon and Everett get
aabr
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by aabr »

Aw, I don’t know I don’t really think that they prefer one baby over the other or even Lennon over the babies. I do think Lennon has a lot of toys especially for being so so little still. But she seems like a genuinely nice little girl especially compared to some I’ve met in my life haha. I think Tara and Mandi definitely love each other and even if they are a little bit overwhelmed sometimes they definitely aren’t creating a bad environment for any of the girls. We all see things differently but I definitely see a lot of love there and they are a young family, still just figuring it all out.
Exterminate

Unread post by Exterminate »

Bobthedog wrote:Lennons is ridiculously spoiled, Christmas and birthdays can surely only be updates of the same toy concept as she seems to already have multiples of everything already, I agree that Everett will be the dominant twin and poor little meave will be the doormat, they treat them very differently, Everett is brought up to beam at the camera and meave is left rolling on the floor with just sort of "oh hi meave" as a token of acknowledgment of her presence. Such a shame as she is a dear little girl who deserves just as much fuss and fanfare as Lennon and Everett get
It will be interesting to see how Maeve fairs when she is older. She doesn't have either one of her sister's dominant personalities. They do kind of toss her to the side when it suits them. And it does come of as favoritism. I'm not saying that's what it is. I'm just saying that's how people may perceive it. It's kind of shame she doesn't get as much attention because she's a really lovable baby. Lennon doesn't really hold any appeal to me. She's kind of a weird kid. Everett is cute but I prefer Maeve.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

Exterminate wrote:
Bobthedog wrote:Lennons is ridiculously spoiled, Christmas and birthdays can surely only be updates of the same toy concept as she seems to already have multiples of everything already, I agree that Everett will be the dominant twin and poor little meave will be the doormat, they treat them very differently, Everett is brought up to beam at the camera and meave is left rolling on the floor with just sort of "oh hi meave" as a token of acknowledgment of her presence. Such a shame as she is a dear little girl who deserves just as much fuss and fanfare as Lennon and Everett get
It will be interesting to see how Maeve fairs when she is older. She doesn't have either one of her sister's dominant personalities. They do kind of toss her to the side when it suits them. And it does come of as favoritism. I'm not saying that's what it is. I'm just saying that's how people may perceive it. It's kind of shame she doesn't get as much attention because she's a really lovable baby. Lennon doesn't really hold any appeal to me. She's kind of a weird kid. Everett is cute but I prefer Maeve.
I was watching their naming vlog and now I do actually think the meaning of Maeve's name suits her so well. She's like a little cherub. Both her and Everett are adorable babies but there's something about Maeve that is incredibly endearing.

No offence to Lennon but they got A LOT luckier with the baby cuteness lol.

Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

I agree that maeve really is a lovely little girl, Lennon has got better looking as she has got older but maeve has a dear little face and a nice little personality , I just hate the way they say things like Everett can do this or that then add but of course maeve is not there yet, I suspect maeve will spend her life trying and failing to keep up with her sisters. Tara seems to value kids being fast at learning things and poor little maeve just doesn't seem to fit that criteria, I do not doubt that they love her but I wish they would speak more positively about her.
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

Exterminate wrote:
I've been skipping the parts with Lennon. Her voice is just... grating. Some kids just have that weird robotic/froggy voice and I can't stand it lol.
minties82
Informer
Informer

Tara is always so annoyed with Mandi. Either Mandi is really annoying, or Tara is just a bitch.

Wow, fun day outside, Lennon gets to play in the paddling pool etc. The twins? Oh stuck in a playpen of course. Why couldn't they have a splash too?
Exterminate

Unread post by Exterminate »

minties82 wrote:Tara is always so annoyed with Mandi. Either Mandi is really annoying, or Tara is just a bitch.

Wow, fun day outside, Lennon gets to play in the paddling pool etc. The twins? Oh stuck in a playpen of course. Why couldn't they have a splash too?
I must be used to their dynamic by now, because Tara treated Mandi the same way she always does. Tara reminds me of our ex-technical lead at work. No matter who you were or what you were talking about, he always came off sounding condescending. Aside from Mimi and Bria, the entire Rosa family is that way. I'll never forget Lennon's first Christmas. I believe it was the eldest brother who was talking down to Bria about a comment she had made regarding her mother's cooking. We didn't see the entire conversation from start to finish, but what we did see made me extremely uncomfortable. For all I know he could have been teasing her. But as an outsider looking in, it just seemed like he was doing the exact same thing Tara does, nitpick at every little thing that is said. The sad part is Lennon, Everett, Maeve, and any other children they have are going to grow up thinking it's alright to treat their peers like that. And there is always going to be the Mandis of the world who let them get away with it. If watching their videos has taught me anything, it's how not to treat my wife. Our relationship is far from perfect, but I know neither one of us would put up with that crap. We certainly don't want our daughter and unborn baby thinking they can treat people that way.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

i suspect that Mandi is quite annoying, she manages to annoy me in just the few minutes that I see of her, with her constant exaggeration such as the kids are constantly crazy ( most mild mannered kids I've ever seen) or her new one yesterday was that the babies are constantly attacking each other..... ( Everett crawled past maeve ) or her endlessly banal questions such as is that so coool ? And is that the best thing ever ? Etc etc to which Lennon either just mutters yes or totally ignores her, I find it quite sad but I'm with Lennon on this one, I would ignore her too lol
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

It sounds like the "exciting thing on Tuesday" was meeting up with OliviaHas2Moms.

Cue this getting them to ~95k and being obnoxious about it.
ArielLipstick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ArielLipstick »

Okay maybe this is mean, but understand that I'm saying this as a lesbian myself. It doesn't surprise me at all that they aren't tagging their stuff as "lesbian family" or mentioning their sexuality at all in their videos. They really seem like the type of gay people that really only see their sexuality as incidental, and otherwise have zero desire to leave the world of conventional straightness, and they also seem like the type of gay people that have somehow never had to confront the fact that they don't belong to that world. Even their video about Pride today, they were only saying vague things like being "proud of our family" and advertising Google.

They aren't the ideal for young lesbian/bi/pans to look up to. They should look up to people who really care about other gays.

Return to “I-P”