Living Rosa | Part 1

kates_crush
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Livingrosa

Unread post by kates_crush »

I don't know who the nextfamily is, but omg, I think I'll pass on watching them because the son already gives me a headache from the two minutes I saw of him in their vlog. The child is literally running around screaming and yelling for no reason, I couldn't deal with that ,bless those mothers.
Exterminate

Unread post by Exterminate »

Seriouslywtfwhy01 wrote:
ArielLipstick wrote:Okay maybe this is mean, but understand that I'm saying this as a lesbian myself. It doesn't surprise me at all that they aren't tagging their stuff as "lesbian family" or mentioning their sexuality at all in their videos. They really seem like the type of gay people that really only see their sexuality as incidental, and otherwise have zero desire to leave the world of conventional straightness, and they also seem like the type of gay people that have somehow never had to confront the fact that they don't belong to that world.
I get exactly what you are saying. I'm also a lesbian with a child around the age of the twins, which is how I found them in the first place. I was intrigued to find a family that looked similar to my own. But the more I watched, the less I felt like I could relate beyond the fact that they are a two mom family. It wasn't until I watched their recent Videos where they address how they identified that I go it. Now, I don't think it is their job to strap on pride flags and gay it up for the views or whatever, but I just expected it to be something addressed more or make them more relatable to people like myself.
Tara and Mandi are very wise to limit discussions of their sexuality on YouTube. Ad-pocalypse has been going on for two or so years now and LGBT+ creators have suffered tremendously because of it. A few weeks ago, I went to another LGBT channel and an ad for The Alliance Defending Freedom displayed before their video. I was furious. So much so that I messaged the channel and told them what happened. Cue Hank Green's video shortly after, explaining that this was not just a one off thing. Apparently it's been happening to a lot of people. If you don't know what I am talking about, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC3OOXD_2MA

Many of the smaller channels like Living Rosa, have not fared so well because of ad-pocalypse. Even some of the more popular channels have voiced their struggles. Brand deals are hard to come by for gay creators any way and they can no longer make a sustainable living creating content like they used to. So I'm willing to cut them a little slack. YouTube is no longer the most gay-friendly, money making video site on the internet. Many creators, not just the gay ones, are branching out to places like Twitch, YouNow, and other streaming services. To my understanding it's easier and more profitable for all involved. It also requires no editing which is a bonus. The only downside is if you fuck up, you do it live for the world to see. PewDePie learned that lesson. To my knowledge, there are not very many video hosting sites that offer ad revenue for their content. DailyMotion will but their site sucks. I only visit there when I have to.
Bobthedog
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bobthedog »

I used to really like watching the next family but their kids were a pain in the ass at the living rosa house, it made me quite like little funny looking Lennon and her mild ways bless her. They were just screaming and trashing the place and their mothers seemed to be just sat smiling indulgently at them.
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by frostedlemonade »

Bobthedog wrote:I used to really like watching the next family but their kids were a pain in the ass at the living rosa house, it made me quite like little funny looking Lennon and her mild ways bless her. They were just screaming and trashing the place and their mothers seemed to be just sat smiling indulgently at them.
Lol, I wonder if those kids opened Mandi's eyes to how laid back her kids are. Although there's still time for them - I'm thinking Everett - to become "crazy"!

Lennon looks more normal in every vlog it seems. I hope she ends up looking like Tara and not an adult Chucky doll.
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

Mandi says they didn't want a donor with big sticky-out ears...poor Lennon got huge old man ears anyway.
elleyelle27
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by elleyelle27 »

I felt quite sorry for Mandi when she was getting excited about Everett crawling and taking steps with the walker, and then when she asked Tara if she knew she could do that she just said yeah. Those are big milestones for babies! Why didn't Tara let Mandi know?!
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

elleyelle27 wrote:I felt quite sorry for Mandi when she was getting excited about Everett crawling and taking steps with the walker, and then when she asked Tara if she knew she could do that she just said yeah. Those are big milestones for babies! Why didn't Tara let Mandi know?!
the way tara talks to mandi has been really bothering me lately, tara has very poor communication skills, like she doesn't take in account other people's (mandi's) feelings before she says something, she is either very snippy or blase about everything.

also did it bother anyone else when thenextfamily was visiting and one of the mom's said something about boy's being crazy as their son was running around screaming and tara's response was that she loved crazy boys.... yet when lennon is even slightly hyper she freaks out, talk about being sexist.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by PigeonOfLondon »

I cringe when I see those babies crawling across that hardwood floor. Cant be comfortable.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

kates_crush wrote: also did it bother anyone else when thenextfamily was visiting and one of the mom's said something about boy's being crazy as their son was running around screaming and tara's response was that she loved crazy boys.... yet when lennon is even slightly hyper she freaks out, talk about being sexist.
YES. If they ever have a boy, he and Lennon would rule the house while the twins, especially poor Maeve, get ignored. I hope they end up with 5 girls.

(Because you know the whole "we definitely want a fourth but we'll see about a fifth" means "if the fourth is another girl we'll keep trying for a boy.")
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

frostedlemonade wrote:
kates_crush wrote: also did it bother anyone else when thenextfamily was visiting and one of the mom's said something about boy's being crazy as their son was running around screaming and tara's response was that she loved crazy boys.... yet when lennon is even slightly hyper she freaks out, talk about being sexist.
YES. If they ever have a boy, he and Lennon would rule the house while the twins, especially poor Maeve, get ignored. I hope they end up with 5 girls.

(Because you know the whole "we definitely want a fourth but we'll see about a fifth" means "if the fourth is another girl we'll keep trying for a boy.")
for the sake of the girls, I really hope they don't have a boy, because you just know it'll be the "king of the house" as they literally stated in one video. He will be doted upon and allowed to be as wild and crazy as he wishes, while the girls have to quiet and calm.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

I'm curious, if they have another child and it's a boy (or in general, have another child) where are they going to put it? I think they have three bedrooms right? One for Lennon, one for the twins, and their bedroom. Also, the girls' rooms are pretty small. If they have more kids, it's going to be a tight squeeze once they get older.

frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

PigeonOfLondon wrote:I'm curious, if they have another child and it's a boy (or in general, have another child) where are they going to put it? I think they have three bedrooms right? One for Lennon, one for the twins, and their bedroom. Also, the girls' rooms are pretty small. If they have more kids, it's going to be a tight squeeze once they get older.

In the "will we have more kids" video, Mandi said the would put the twins in with Lennon (bunk beds + a single) and the baby would go in the twins' nursery. Tara disagreed (of course) and said they would keep the baby in their room until they figured out "who works best with who."

I agree that 3 kids in a tiny room isn't sustainable past elementary school.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

frostedlemonade wrote:
PigeonOfLondon wrote:I'm curious, if they have another child and it's a boy (or in general, have another child) where are they going to put it? I think they have three bedrooms right? One for Lennon, one for the twins, and their bedroom. Also, the girls' rooms are pretty small. If they have more kids, it's going to be a tight squeeze once they get older.

In the "will we have more kids" video, Mandi said the would put the twins in with Lennon (bunk beds + a single) and the baby would go in the twins' nursery. Tara disagreed (of course) and said they would keep the baby in their room until they figured out "who works best with who."

having three busy toddlers/elementary school kids in what looks to be an 8x8 bedroom? talk about cramped to the max!

on another note I have decided to keep a list of the the words tara says wrong because it drives me crazy:
mirror (I have noticed that she has lennon saying it wrong now too)
drawer
asked
water
especially
frostedlemonade
Amateur
Amateur

kates_crush wrote: a list of the the words tara says wrong because it drives me crazy:
drawer
asked
water
especially
I haven't noticed how she says "mirror," but "draw" and that pronunciation of "water" are common in the northeast.

"Axed" and "exspecially" drive me up the wall though.
minties82
Informer
Informer

Unread post by minties82 »

Tara and her axed! Grinds my gears so bad. I thought it was just something the homies here in New Zealand said, I didn't know any adults, let alone from the USA, would say that. Can't say I have noticed how she says water, but I heard ec-specially today.

Mandi told Tara to "be nice" in the latest vlog, Tara said something to Lennon about watching out for mummy in case the knife she was holding slipped. Can she not ever just be nice? Sheesh. Is she trying to imply that Mandi is so uncoordinated that she would accidentally stab her own child?
LucyDiamond
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LucyDiamond »

frostedlemonade wrote:
kates_crush wrote: a list of the the words tara says wrong because it drives me crazy:
drawer
asked
water
especially
I haven't noticed how she says "mirror," but "draw" and that pronunciation of "water" are common in the northeast.

"Axed" and "exspecially" drive me up the wall though.
We can add specifically to that list. She says Pacific-ly.
PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

frostedlemonade wrote:

I wonder if they are planning to move. It seems like they've set themselves up to be in that house long-term.

Their kids may not be 'crazy' now, but they probably will be if you cram three kids into a tiny room and give one kid (probably their precious boy) their own room.

PigeonOfLondon
Informer
Informer

minties82 wrote:Tara and her axed! Grinds my gears so bad. I thought it was just something the homies here in New Zealand said, I didn't know any adults, let alone from the USA, would say that. Can't say I have noticed how she says water, but I heard ec-specially today.

Mandi told Tara to "be nice" in the latest vlog, Tara said something to Lennon about watching out for mummy in case the knife she was holding slipped. Can she not ever just be nice? Sheesh. Is she trying to imply that Mandi is so uncoordinated that she would accidentally stab her own child?
I keep seeing people in the comments say they wish they had a wife like Tara. Whenever I read these I really wonder if we're all watching the same vlogs.

CinoLettiere

Unread post by CinoLettiere »

frostedlemonade wrote:

If children have problems with schooling, they need to take and help them. It is not necessary to help them independently and spend a lot of time and energy on it. You can just turn to professionals who will write a speech, with which your child can speak in front of the audience. Speech will be written to you by professionals who are able to do it well. You can also ask them to write a speech for a small child, so that it is not too difficult for him and that it does not look like he did not write himself.
kates_crush
Informer
Informer

PigeonOfLondon wrote:
minties82 wrote:Tara and her axed! Grinds my gears so bad. I thought it was just something the homies here in New Zealand said, I didn't know any adults, let alone from the USA, would say that. Can't say I have noticed how she says water, but I heard ec-specially today.

I keep seeing people in the comments say they wish they had a wife like Tara. Whenever I read these I really wonder if we're all watching the same vlogs.

she's a good mother, she takes good care of the girls (although I really wish she would just loosen up sometimes, let the girls be messy and crazy) but she isn't a great wife, she talks down to mandi a lot and doesn't take into consideration mandi's thoughts on most things.

Return to “I-P”