We are working on a solution for the slow loading pages problem! Please report any other errors to bipolarmorgan via PM or via email at [email protected]

The Lindquists

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: The Lindquists

Post by ForeverGauc01 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:05 pm

It makes no sense why they haven’t told family yet. She said they haven’t told Dans parents because his mom is unwell.. don’t you think that would brighten her day? Make her feel a little better? And her grandmother as well? It would’ve been so nice if she could’ve FaceTimed with her dad while he was with her grandmother and told them.

Unless the illness is something very sinister? I don’t know. She won’t talk about what’s going on with them, which I respect, their illness is not the internets business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TeachIT
Talker
Talker

Post by TeachIT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:23 pm

But still? My grandmother was very ill but we still told her about our pregnancy. She was thrilled and it lifted her spirits. She passed a couple weeks later (as we expected, sad but it was her time) and I’m so glad she left with the excitement of new life in the family. Idk. I don’t get Elle’s approach.
SerendipitySusan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by SerendipitySusan » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:25 pm

ForeverGauc01 wrote:It makes no sense why they haven’t told family yet. She said they haven’t told Dans parents because his mom is unwell.. don’t you think that would brighten her day? Make her feel a little better? And her grandmother as well?
That mystifies me as well. She prioritized registering for girl specific gifts at an expensive exclusive boutique before sharing the sex with her family.

All of these women trying to get rich by exploiting their unborn babies. It’s a YouTube epidemic. I just cannot respect that. But I ESPECIALLY don’t respect the ones who give us TMI personal info every single day but then have the audacity to get pissed when people ask questions or get a little too close to home. That’s bound to happen when you overshare in the first place.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:52 pm

ForeverGauc01 wrote:It makes no sense why they haven’t told family yet. She said they haven’t told Dans parents because his mom is unwell.. don’t you think that would brighten her day? Make her feel a little better? And her grandmother as well? It would’ve been so nice if she could’ve FaceTimed with her dad while he was with her grandmother and told them.

Unless the illness is something very sinister? I don’t know. She won’t talk about what’s going on with them, which I respect, their illness is not the internets business.

I personally think it has nothing to do with being “unable to tell them” and everything to do with her just wanting to time the release of this god damn gender reveal when she would get the most views.
Notablogger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Notablogger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:05 pm

I’m going to write something that I probably shouldn’t but before I even knew of Elle (by the way I found her through Joanna and Amanda), I knew her sister in law.

I didn’t make the connection for years actually. Not until I saw her sister in law in the viral birth video as the doula or midwife. Sorry, I’m ignorant on the difference.

Once I realized the connection, I never said anything.i started watching ELLE because I realized she was practically my neighbour. I had come across her before but never felt a desire to watch her before.

Anyways, Elle lives very close to her sister in law (married to dans brother). They have six kids. I believe her sister in law is very private about her kids having an online presence but still, I’ve always found it weird that they don’t seem to have a close relationship.

My gut feeling from what I know (and again I don’t want to reveal too much and honestly I don’t know much) is that there’s not much of a relationship there.

Doesn’t anyone else find it weird that the only family we ever really hear her talk about is her dad? Dan has a ton of brothers. Where are they? Why arent they ever mentioned? He’s an uncle to a lot of kids. There’s obviously some sort of tension or strain there.

I think Elle pushes people away. Like she’s pushing away her audience. But don’t worry. She’s blonde and mediocrely attractive. She’ll find more people.
Notablogger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Notablogger » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

I’m going to write something that I probably shouldn’t but before I even knew of Elle (by the way I found her through Joanna and Amanda), I knew her sister in law.

I didn’t make the connection for years actually. Not until I saw her sister in law in the viral birth video as the doula or midwife. Sorry, I’m ignorant on the difference.

Once I realized the connection, I never said anything.i started watching ELLE because I realized she was practically my neighbour. I had come across her before but never felt a desire to watch her before.

Anyways, Elle lives very close to her sister in law (married to dans brother). They have six kids. I believe her sister in law is very private about her kids having an online presence but still, I’ve always found it weird that they don’t seem to have a close relationship.

My gut feeling from what I know (and again I don’t want to reveal too much and honestly I don’t know much) is that there’s not much of a relationship there.

Doesn’t anyone else find it weird that the only family we ever really hear her talk about is her dad? Dan has a ton of brothers. Where are they? Why arent they ever mentioned? He’s an uncle to a lot of kids. There’s obviously some sort of tension or strain there.

I think Elle pushes people away. Like she’s pushing away her audience. But don’t worry. She’s blonde and mediocrely attractive. She’ll find more people.
TeachIT
Talker
Talker

Post by TeachIT » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm

This doesn’t surprise me. I’ve ran into her before in person and she’s awful to store clerks and fans. That was one of my last straws with her.

I’ve gotten the tension feeling for a while too. It’s odd she rarely mentions any family. I get if they don’t want to be on camera, but not even mention of most of them is weird. Even as simple as “We’re going to have dinner with the family” - it is rare. I suspect their family isn’t big on the YouTube thing, or there’s been some drama. If she’s this dramatic online I’m sure it translates to real life. Plus when you see how she acts on YouTube vs the unedited video of her and Forde... can you imagine how his family feels? She’s rude in person but this perfect persona online? It’s gotta be annoying. Oh not to mention she has a video serious about how she didn’t even want to marry Dan. Awkward.
Notablogger wrote:I’m going to write something that I probably shouldn’t but before I even knew of Elle (by the way I found her through Joanna and Amanda), I knew her sister in law.

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:03 am

I think this is Dan’s mom? The bio talks about her 4 sons, and settling in Markham. Delete if the external link isn’t allowed, but just found it interesting that his mom doesn’t appear to shy away from having an online presence but yet we never see her in the vlogs.

https://njlindquist.com/about-me/
TeachIT
Talker
Talker

Post by TeachIT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am

Holy cow, if that’s her then her MiL is an author and Elles trying to write a book. That’s got to be an interesting dynamic. Although I haven’t heard her mention her precious book in a while.

Also I think gender reveal is up but I absolutely can’t bear to watch it. So someone report back if there’s anything of interest
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Post by Refrigerator_Light » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 am

TeachIT wrote:Holy cow, if that’s her then her MiL is an author and Elles trying to write a book. That’s got to be an interesting dynamic. Although I haven’t heard her mention her precious book in a while.

Also I think gender reveal is up but I absolutely can’t bear to watch it. So someone report back if there’s anything of interest
Yep, if you read the blog she talks about Dan and her grandsons, as well as her cancer journey. Also explains Elle’s desire to write her memoir.... her Mother in Law is writing her own!!!
Pamomma8422
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pamomma8422 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:18 am

I was also unable to watch the gender reveal.. instead I just skipped ahead to confirm.. yes.. its a girl.. and thats all i have to say about that...
TeachIT
Talker
Talker

Post by TeachIT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 am

I’m dumbfounded that her mil has cancer and is writing about it online... but Elle wants to keep it private. Like you do you, but WHY?
Pamomma8422
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pamomma8422 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 am

Ok.just watched another minute and i had to stop. It felt like a performance.. readjusting the cameras... make sure you get all the angles instead of real moments... stick the camera on a tripod and leave it. I watch several vloggers and do not get this feeling with anyone else.
Seriouslysweetie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Seriouslysweetie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:25 am

I guess I'm not the only one who doesn 't feel like watching the video. Thanks for confirming.

Also the MIL thing is a little weird. No mention of her at all as if she is not part of their lives and yet she is pretty public online. You would think they would promote each other.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Notablogger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Notablogger » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:35 am

Sorry about my double post earlier. It was acting finicky when I was posting and now I don’t know how to delete it.

I’ve seen Elle once in person too. Two Christmas seasons ago at the mall. I was still a fan and wanted to approach her but her vibe was just not approachable at all.

Once this pregnancy is over, have you thought about how she’s going to adjust to having three kids? With her personality changing so much recently to being so rigid and wanting everything to be perfect....add another child to the mix?

In response to Elle saying her channel makes up to $15,000 a month...I’m going to guess that happened once! But it’s better for her story to say that. I remember her saying she turned down a sponsorship that was going to offer six figures!! Cause she didn’t agree with their product or something. I call bulls—- who would turn down that kind of money? Certainly not Elle.

I think on Instagram she’s trying to be the aspirational mom and on YouTube she tries to reach the everyday mom. And I think this is why she’s so confusing. She wants nice things. She can afford nice things. But she also wants to keep getting things for free and throwing out lines here and there that they can’t afford something. Hi sponsors!

I haven’t watched yet. Maybe she’ll be a little more tolerable now that the big secret is out.
TeachIT
Talker
Talker

Post by TeachIT » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:41 am

Good point. I’m also curious about her content after this pregnancy/baby. those videos always get tons of views but toddlers aren’t interesting or fun to watch to be honest (and I say this as a mom of toddlers lol). Before she had Cohen there was a big dip in her views because everyone can only watch so many videos of forde being cute before it’s repetative. And honestly, there isn’t anything remarkable about Elle. She isn’t vegan, she doesn’t live somewhere tropical or interesting, she isn’t a guru or pro at anything, she’s not a fabulous cook or recipe developer, she’s mediocre at make up... other than making babies, there isn’t anything she does that’s very interesting.
SerendipitySusan
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by SerendipitySusan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:53 am

To me Elle will ALWAYS be the idiot who broke her toilet and didn’t know how to turn the water off.

Seriouslysweetie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Seriouslysweetie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 am

Just finished watching it while I got dishes done. Truly happy for them. I'm glad she's having a girl. Here's my take:

1. Her reaction was probably genuine but very exagerrated. She also zoomed in on her face after coz maybe she thinks its a funny moment but I kinda missed out on Dan's and the kid's reaction. That' s kinda sad, their reactions are important too and the viewers missed out on seeing that.

2. She called her friend right after and told her the gender. And yet her own family did not get to find out until today. Ok then.

3. Again with the insensitivity with the infertility thing. She really milked that at the end of the video. I feel bad for women who struggles and don't have kids at all who watched this.

That is all. Just my opinion but if you are reading this Elle, congratulations I'm really glad you have a girl.

Notablogger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Notablogger » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:39 am

Okay I watched it.

Elle, you did not have infertility for a long time.

You just didn’t get pregnant within one year.

And again with the god blessing them.
Nacholife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Nacholife » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am

Seriouslysweetie wrote:Just finished watching it while I got dishes done. Truly happy for them. I'm glad she's having a girl. Here's my take:

1. Her reaction was probably genuine but very exagerrated. She also zoomed in on her face after coz maybe she thinks its a funny moment but I kinda missed out on Dan's and the kid's reaction. That' s kinda sad, their reactions are important too and the viewers missed out on seeing that.

2. She called her friend right after and told her the gender. And yet her own family did not get to find out until today. Ok then.

3. Again with the insensitivity with the infertility thing. She really milked that at the end of the video. I feel bad for women who struggles and don't have kids at all who watched this.

That is all. Just my opinion but if you are reading this Elle, congratulations I'm really glad you have a girl.

You nailed it with every comment!

Skinnie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skinnie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 am

Pamomma8422 wrote:Ok.just watched another minute and i had to stop. It felt like a performance.. readjusting the cameras... make sure you get all the angles instead of real moments... stick the camera on a tripod and leave it. I watch several vloggers and do not get this feeling with anyone else.
Agree. I think when one is aware they are 'creating' content for the consumption of a youtube audience it would be very difficult not to have some element of performance... I did not watch the full thing through because I no longer have the patience for it, but why her phone call to Melissa Maker was not edited out is beyond me--the way she 'relives' certain details makes my eyes roll(something about her knees buckling/unable to stand or something). Why would her viewers want to watch this phone call?
I also saw some of the end where Elle and Dan are together on the couch...I find it REALLY cringe worthy when she references God in relation to the pregnancy and now the sex of the baby. Funny how she decides what God wants... I think she should keep that nonsense to herself. Neither is a blessing nor a curse and just IS. When she gets what she wants then she is 'blessed' but does that then follow that she believes God is cursing/withholding a blessing to those who are infertile or do not have children of both genders??? It is just moronic; and could quite possibly be very hurtful to her audience. I guess an IUI conception was what her God wanted all along--Pffft.
Nacholife
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Nacholife » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 am

Just watched the gender reveal.... so they did a gender reveal party just for themselves ? Why bother going through the process of popping 5 balloons?? To build suspense for themselves ? That was all really pointless and shows it was just for the vlog. So stupid. She thinks she’s Meghan Markle and giving birth to the next heir.

Skinnie
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Skinnie » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:21 am

[quote="SerendipitySusan"]To me Elle will ALWAYS be the idiot who broke her toilet and didn’t know how to turn the water off.[quote]
After watching that debacle I was actually surprised that her insurance covered the damage.
okaythatlldo
Amateur
Amateur

Post by okaythatlldo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:31 am

Okay you guys, my new theory is that Alexandra chick actually low key hates Elle. It’s a brilliant kind of evil to explode 5 giant balloons of confetti in Elle’s living room. I bet her anxiety was through the roof.

Also. Elle’s face when she popped the fifth balloon:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201901 ... 927d8e.jpg[/img]

Notablogger
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Notablogger » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:05 am

Guys she’s at the spa again today.

She’s been to the spa more times in December and January than I have in my lifetime.

Will she be able to get by with less spa trips once there’s a third baby?

Return to “Q-Z”