Samika Vlogs. Part #2

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Samika Vlogs. Part #2

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I always want to know more about her parents situation. They always get together for the holidays but his new wife never comes. I did hear Jens mom say she had a gift for Jens dads wife as well in one video. So intriguing.
pattys
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by pattys »

Andrew got toilet paper for xmas, maybe because he talks a lot of shit ;)
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

ewokfan11 wrote:I like them, but a 53-minute Christmas video?? Um, NOOOOO! I don't like them that much! Seriously, some of these YTer's Christmas specials are way too long and boring AF. Copying Shaytards doesn't make you the new Shaytards. :? :?

Seriously, 20 minutes should be the max when 1000 other YT families are doing the same thing!!!!
Sam said he enjoys watching people open their presents so that's why he filmed it all. I guess people enjoy watching that part too.
Last edited by pattys on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

That police car is going to drive them nuts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

pattys wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I like them, but a 53-minute Christmas video?? Um, NOOOOO! I don't like them that much! Seriously, some of these YTer's Christmas specials are way too long and boring AF. Copying Shaytards doesn't make you the new Shaytards. :? :?

Seriously, 20 minutes should be the max when 1000 other YT families are doing the same thing!!!!
Sam said he enjoys watching people open their presents so that's why he filmed it all. I guess people enjoy watching that part too.
I don't like watching vloggers open presents. It just smacks of showing off to me. I guess if Sam enjoys it, I can see why he would think others would too. I liked the Samika Christmas vlog last year-- they didn't spend as much time on the presents, I don't think.

As far as just watching vloggers open presents, so many Christmas vlogs are just kids screaming and yelling, and this whole "Look at all the crap we got! Don't you wish you were us?" kind of vibe. I feel really bad for children watching whose parents can't give them all those gifts.

If you want to be sick, watch the This is How We Bingham Christmas vlog. They had a ton of presents, and then the grandparents came over with what looked to be about a hundred more. Not kidding. And they had so many gifts that they actually forgot to put some out! The older kids knocked down their little sister in the rush to the presents, and instead of pulling them up short and making them let her go first, they laughed and replayed the clip. She could have actually been hurt. She went flying, and landed on a tile floor. Then, at the end, they stand there with a straight face saying "We taught our kids the true meaning of Christmas".

Sorry for going OT-- it's just that Christmas vlogs generally make me twitch. They seem to be such a festival of gluttony and excess.

Back to Sam and Jenn, I think it's nice that they spend time with both of their families. Switching off years like they do is nice.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I always want to know more about her parents situation. They always get together for the holidays but his new wife never comes. I did hear Jens mom say she had a gift for Jens dads wife as well in one video. So intriguing.
I'd love to know more too. I think something pretty bad must have happened between the two. Jenn said they grew up poor and lived in apartments with her mom, but her dad seems to be really well off - well, at least now. It doesn't seem like a Mormon couple with five kids would get divorced unless something REALLY bad happened. You can still tell Jenn's mom hates her dad - she just plays nice in front of the kids.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I always want to know more about her parents situation. They always get together for the holidays but his new wife never comes. I did hear Jens mom say she had a gift for Jens dads wife as well in one video. So intriguing.
I'd love to know more too. I think something pretty bad must have happened between the two. Jenn said they grew up poor and lived in apartments with her mom, but her dad seems to be really well off - well, at least now. It doesn't seem like a Mormon couple with five kids would get divorced unless something REALLY bad happened. You can still tell Jenn's mom hates her dad - she just plays nice in front of the kids.
I think its nice how they're able to be civil and stay under one roof for the sake of their kids and grandkids. I was actually shocked when I started watching them and noticed how they come together for special occasions. You don't see that too often.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

genericusername wrote:Do you remember Jen going back to California for a funeral earlier this year? That was Andrews best friend Rocky who had been a family friend since childhood. The hat had some type of symbolism to him. The nosey part of me has also always wondered about the mom and step mom situation. Or if they have any step siblings from her.
I do remember and I feel a bit choked up at Andrews reaction now I understand his reaction.
xclairecameronx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by xclairecameronx »

SunnySide0 wrote:I agree it was a bit long and I skipped through the kids opening most of their gifts. I enjoyed watching the adult interactions though. I wasn’t sure why Andrew got emotional opening Matt’s gift? I also think Tyler is such a great guy! It must be intimidating being the new guy in the family, let alone being filmed for thousands of people to see but he was easy going and joined in everything.

Also I wonder if Jen’s mom has a problem with Jen’s dads wife because they are never at joint family events together.
Regarding Andrew's gift, check out his IG post:

And I don't think Jenn's mom has a problem with Jenn's dad's wife- she even got her a Christmas present.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
I think its nice how they're able to be civil and stay under one roof for the sake of their kids and grandkids. I was actually shocked when I started watching them and noticed how they come together for special occasions. You don't see that too often.
It's so important, though. Personal, so feel free to scroll by if you like. My ex and I worked really hard at being nice to each other when the kids were around, and not talking smack about each other in front of the kids. And it made life so much better for them. And us, actually. It was nice to go out as a family for occasions like birthdays and graduations and events like school plays. When we had issues, we talked about it. Like grown-ups. We never had to appear before a judge. Ever.
His wife and her ex, didn't. And it was hard on my kids as well as hers. There was all this tension, and they would yell at each other and drag each other into court for the stupidest things. And who suffered the most while they were using their kids as weapons to bludgeon each other?
The kids.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It still disturbs me that Jackson Wood and Sam are "friends" and talk about bitcoin and cameras with people like Charles Trippy in some friend chat group. Jackson is a freak and Charles is a loser. Sam needs better YT friends!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:It still disturbs me that Jackson Wood and Sam are "friends" and talk about bitcoin and cameras with people like Charles Trippy in some friend chat group. Jackson is a freak and Charles is a loser. Sam needs better YT friends!
He doesn't have a lot to choose from when it comes to "YouTube friends".

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:It still disturbs me that Jackson Wood and Sam are "friends" and talk about bitcoin and cameras with people like Charles Trippy in some friend chat group. Jackson is a freak and Charles is a loser. Sam needs better YT friends!
He doesn't have a lot to choose from when it comes to "YouTube friends".

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Can't edit-- but what I meant by Sam not having a lot to choose from is that most YouTubers are self centered and narcissistic.

Anyway, they went to see "Coco" and complained that it wasn't as "kid-friendly" as they hoped because it had "a lot of death" in it. Ummm, it's about Dia de Los Muertos. What did they expect? The previews have skeletons walking around. How hard is it to research a movie? SlyFox did the same thing with "Jumanji" -- they took Caspian to see it, and complained that it was "so inappropriate we almost walked out".

One good thing about these guys though-- they noticed that there were comments about the Christmas vlog being too loud and chaotic, and Sam talked about it. Didn't cop an attitude. Explained what Rachel was so excited about (Hamilton tickets-- I would have screamed too!). The explanation went on a little too long. Didn't need to hear all about Dragon Ball Z. But it was nice that he just addressed the comments, without editorializing.

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Can't edit-- but what I meant by Sam not having a lot to choose from is that most YouTubers are self centered and narcissistic.

Anyway, they went to see "Coco" and complained that it wasn't as "kid-friendly" as they hoped because it had "a lot of death" in it. Ummm, it's about Dia de Los Muertos. What did they expect? The previews have skeletons walking around. How hard is it to research a movie? SlyFox did the same thing with "Jumanji" -- they took Caspian to see it, and complained that it was "so inappropriate we almost walked out". ImageImage

One good thing about these guys though-- they noticed that there were comments about the Christmas vlog being too loud and chaotic, and Sam talked about it. Didn't cop an attitude. Explained what Rachel was so excited about (Hamilton tickets-- I would have screamed too!). The explanation went on a little too long. Didn't need to hear all about Dragon Ball Z. But it was nice that he just addressed the comments, without editorializing.

That's something I think Sam does a good job with, sure it doesn't have to go on and on, but he really talks it out with his viewers and doesn't try to be so defensive and salty. Same with Jenn, I remember when people were telling her Noah might need speech therapy (?) she thanked everyone for the suggestions and that they would give him the help he needed if it came to that. Other YTers seem to get so offended.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I know Andrew isn't anyone's favorite here, but I found it super sweet when he was talking about his Christmas present in memory of Rocky in the "making the most of it" vlog. Makes me tear up. You can tell how much he values that friendship.
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

lmmomSD wrote:Anyway, they went to see "Coco" and complained that it wasn't as "kid-friendly" as they hoped because it had "a lot of death" in it. Ummm, it's about Dia de Los Muertos. What did they expect? The previews have skeletons walking around. How hard is it to research a movie? SlyFox did the same thing with "Jumanji" -- they took Caspian to see it, and complained that it was "so inappropriate we almost walked out". ImageImage

While I agree with you, I can see how that mistake could easily be made with Jumanji considering the original film is pretty kid friendly. I straight up refuse to see the remake. But yeah I don't think Samika researched Coco properly plus it's a Pixar movie and a decent amount of them do have fairly deep themes- look at Inside Out and Up!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tgo93 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Anyway, they went to see "Coco" and complained that it wasn't as "kid-friendly" as they hoped because it had "a lot of death" in it. Ummm, it's about Dia de Los Muertos. What did they expect? The previews have skeletons walking around. How hard is it to research a movie? SlyFox did the same thing with "Jumanji" -- they took Caspian to see it, and complained that it was "so inappropriate we almost walked out". ImageImage

While I agree with you, I can see how that mistake could easily be made with Jumanji considering the original film is pretty kid friendly. I straight up refuse to see the remake. But yeah I don't think Samika researched Coco properly plus it's a Pixar movie and a decent amount of them do have fairly deep themes- look at Inside Out and Up!
They go to these movies because they are free - they get free movie gift cards (Fandango?). I find it so odd YTers go to movies so often with young kids when most people stream things at home - but I guess they need to show themselves using their FREE passes to get more passes. *sigh* The YT lifestyle is definitely NOT normal living.

I wish they were forced to do disclaimers when they use/show the FREE items sent to them. They do *sometimes*, but none of the other YTers do. YT is just a giant advertisement now.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I’m watching Noah’s birth vlog and vlogs from when he was a baby. He was just an adorable baby boy. I’m really rooting for them to have another boy lol, a girl would be nice too tho.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I’m watching Noah’s birth vlog and vlogs from when he was a baby. He was just an adorable baby boy. I’m really rooting for them to have another boy lol, a girl would be nice too tho.

Return to “Q-Z”