The Weiss Life

Nikier
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Weiss Life

Unread post by Nikier »

Does anyone watch this family? I couldn't find a thread.
I just found them and I'm not sure what I think... the dad seems super annoying and over the top.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: The Weiss Life

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My daughter watches them. They drive me nuts. They go to Build a Bear Workshop all the time, and the mom seems really sweet, but she's actually either really vain or really insecure. She burned her hair and instead of getting a cute short cut, (especially being pregnant with her 4th kid) she insisted on getting extensions. I think they just went for the gravy train.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
pinkerbelle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by pinkerbelle »

I'm so glad that someone finally posted about them. I don't get it, they have a nanny but yet the dad is home all the time. They are obsessed over the new baby and hardly let the other kids see the baby or hold her. If they do, they watch them and criticize everything that they do. The mom really doesn't know what the girls are doing and if they get hurt it's always the dad taking them to the doctor. Also, the dad is freaking super annoying and over the top lovey dovey and uses pet names....its nasty. The girls do seem really sweet though but I feel bad that they are getting put down when it comes to them with their baby sister.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What's with the "G" names?

Nikier
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nikier »

I can't read the mom... she was so snappy with the girls over the baby, is she always like that with them and so cold?? I've only watched s few videos but she didn't interact with them or act motherly and loving at all.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My daughter watches them a lot. She loves BABW, and that's how she found them. The dad is the one that takes them everywhere. I hadn't really thought about it before, but no, the mom doesn't interact with the girls as much. They even have a nanny. The little one loves to be filmed. She'll photo bomb her dad all the time.

123789s
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by 123789s »

Sorry but who names their kid Gretchen - all I can think about is Mean Girls
Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

123789s wrote:Sorry but who names their kid Gretchen - all I can think about is Mean Girls
Lol it reminds me of the geek girl of "Recess" or those cartoons I'd watch as a kid
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So they went back to school shopping, at Justice of course, and they were buying a bunch of JoJo Siwa bows. The dad was looking at them, and there was a sequined one, and he actually said "Here's a sequenced one" Sequenced?
They must get gift cards from all these stores. The vloggers all seem to shop at Justice, and I can't believe that they actually spend all that money at Build a Bear. Those girls go to Build a Bear at least every two weeks!

Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Preslynn »

When I first started watching them, I thought they were a nice family. The kids were sweet and well-behaved, especially the older three. They seemed to live in a normal house, the stuff they did with the kids was fun.Gretchen always seemed to be a bit of a camera hog and spoiled compared to the others but I thought that was a common youngest child problem and that she probably got more attention because she did not go to school yet so there was just more opportunity to film her. Then she got pregnant with Gemma and they were preparing to move into their McManison. And the parents became just unbearable.

The mom REALLY got to me for the first time when they were filming at the hospital, when she was in labor and already had an epidural- and she was in full make up looking like the modern equivalent of Priscilla Presley leaving the hospital with Lisa Marie. And even Priscilla Presley probably didn't look too hot when she was actively giving birth. I hate the mom's make up. It's always the same and while I generally prefer more subtle eye make up, heavier eye make up can look lovely. But hers is just... I think blech every time I see her. It just looks like a black ring around her eyes, not like nice make up.

Then when they brought the baby home, I really felt for the girls. I cannot believe that she'd act like that after FOUR children. Makes you wonder how crazy overprotective they were when they had the 2nd.

I don't get why they are giving the baby her own room in the McMansion and making the 12 year old share. The way my family and most people around us did it was the the first thing you did was separate by gender, followed by then giving the oldest their own before the youngest so when the older kids left home, the younger ones would get their turn. She is three months old, she doesn't need a room. She can share with the parents until she sleeps through the night and then with Gretchen. I know you don't see everything and maybe the older kids do not want to be in the vlogs all the time/have other things to do but it seems like they favor Gretchen and now Gemma. Gwyneth seems especially ignored. I thought it was a dick move to buy a gift only for Gretchen when the baby was born. They can afford a nanny and a McMansion, would it have killed them to get some Sudoko for Gabrielle, a chapter book for Gracelynn and something small for Gwyneth? Also, I hope that Gwyneth is getting speech therapy, maybe at school or elsewhere. She is now at the age were you'd start that. Her r sound is worse than Gretchen's.

It felt like they were purposely hiding the fact that they have a nanny, which as someone else said, seemed to strange to me because the dad was always home with Gretchen when the others were at school. I was pretty much under the assumption that he was a stay at home or work at home dad and the mom went to work full time.

Them getting Gemma's ears pierced, and at Clare's of all places, annoyed me. I know it's a personal choice but they did it to all of their other daughters and not one of them EVER wears earrings. Even if you go back to the early vlogs, Gretchen didn't wear earrings when she was as young as one, so they pierced their ears so they can have earrings for half a year? Never wearing earrings for YEARS usually makes them close up and they'd have to get them redone anyway so there is no point. If you have four daughters aged 12 to 4 and they never wear earrings, why do it to the 5th?

Same as with the earrings, they make all the girls have long hair only to wear it scraped back in ponytails all the time. In the ear piercing vlog when she got the Overtone for their hair, she immediately shut Gracelynn and Gwyneth down when they talked about the possibility of shorter hair. "That would be WEIRD". Okay, short hair looks weird. All right. They seem very appearance conscious, probably a bit too much.The mom also doesn't seem to know how to do kids' hair which seems crazy when you have four daughters with long hair. I am by no means amazing at it- I cannot french braid for one, but I can do more than her. Even when they had crazy hair day all she knew how to do was ponytails again. It's not healthy to always wear the same hairstyle either.

I also would have refused letting anyone vlog shopping for my first bra. Some times you don't share with the whole world.I feel for the oldest now that she is heading into her teens. I bet they will be making all of these delicate, private moments public. When I was 12/13 and started having my period I did not even want my mom or my best friend to know that I had it. Maybe that's me but I also don't understand the need to vlog when your kids have broken bones, need stitches, surgery etc. Put down your camera and take care of them.

Also where the heck are their dogs 99% of the time? They seem to be locked outside or in the crate most of the time.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That Mom is weird. She burned her hair off trying to straighten it? Then instead of getting a cute short cut, especially when she was hugely pregnant in summer in California. But no, she_can't_ have short hair. So she had to go get extensions. One of the girls, Graceynn(?) was taking a nap, and her dad covered her in marshmallows. He thought it was hilarious. She obviously didn't.
And nobody needs to go to Buildabear every two weeks.

Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Ah, I forgot about that. I went back to that video. She would have been left with a cute bob if she just cut it off and that would have looked nicer than the thrown together extensions. When she said "a couple of inches" I pictured a very short pixie. She seems very very vain. I hope her vanity doesn't hurt the girls' self esteem in the long run.

The adorable little middle girls seemed interested in having their hair cut to their shoulders several times. I think a bob would be much cuter than this perma -ponytail but clearly she doesn't agree. I'd be hesitant if they wanted it boy short but that's not what they asked for. Yes maybe they wouldn't like it but hair grows and living with your decision is not a bad lesson to learn.

What the heck was with the mom saying she'll let them use wash out dye but they'll have to cut it out later? Does she not understand how wash out dye works? It washes out! You use it so there is no awkward growing out or having to cut anything off. She really seems to believe this because she tried to talk the girls out of wanting to use it. But I hope little Gracelynn chops her hair off at school... though who knows if her mom would just make her get extensions then.

The dad tries so hard to be funny when he really really isn't. He used to seem like a nice, fun dad but now he's just cringy. The girls, other than Gretchen, seem to be over it.

I don't think the mom is very involved with the girls. At first it seemed like maybe she just didn't like the whole filming but now... On Mothers Day, Gwyneth gave her a poem she had written and she said "Is that YOUR handwriting?". When I was that age, my mom helped me with my homework and therefore knew my handwriting very well. Now I remember how heartbroken I felt for Gwyneth that day. She brought all her artwork from school and gave it to her mom. She wanted to show it all off but the dad said it was too much because he wanted to go somewhere. He promised that she'd get to show her artwork on camera later but she never did. They could have given her that little bit of attention. It's a few minutes to make her feel special. That was the same year the older two got to show off their school supplies and she, even though she was going into 1st grade, did not.

What bothers me the most about the Build-A-Bear stuff is that they don't seem to play with or display them. I think I recall someone in a vlog saying they keep them in the closet. So you buy stuffed animals to keep them hidden in the closet all the time? I had many stuffed animals as a child (I still have many of them) and they were always in my bed, being played with or at least on display. But of course my room didn't look like something out of a Pottery Barn Catalog.

I wish he would stop filming at gymnastics. There are other people's children there and maybe their parents don't want them recorded. It could also be really distracting for the other kids, no matter how subtle he is about it. If my child was in that class, I'd be seriously annoyed. It's not a gymnastics competition, it's class. They have class every week and you don't need to record it every time.

I also hope that their nanny is a really nice woman who is NORMAL. I bet she is the one who helps them with their homework and actually takes them to school and all of that mundane stuff. The dad only seems to want to do the stuff that is either fun or makes good vlogging in his opinion and the mom... I can't figure her out. I have to agree that she's just weird.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Yeah, she's an odd one, as is her husband. Surprisingly, the kids are pretty sweet. Gretchen can get annoying but being four and having been the baby for so long, that's normal. I am 100% pro homeschooling but I think PreK might help her.

What is with her telling them that they will have to have wash out dye cut out of their hair? Does she not understand that it WASHES OUT?? I guess because Overtone works best on lighter hair she is assuming it will stick to the bleached out tips moeso than to the darker hair on top but since she seems so adamant that their hair stay long, why didn't she do it before the back to school haircuts? I do hope that, because of her strange believes, the middle girls get the shoulder length haircuts they wanted or AT LEAST a few more inches off because there is no way they would otherwise. They do have beautiful hair but it's not like you can see that with it always in a ponytail anyway.

What bothers me the most about the Build a bear is that they just stuff them in the closet. I had a lot of stuffed animals but they were played with, slept with or at the very least displayed, not stuffed in a closet.

Also, I wish that he would stop filming at gymnastics. I wouldn't like it if my child was in that class with his.

I definitely feel like the mom isn't very involved in the mundane aspects of child rearing either. Hoemwork, school drop off, bedtime stories... she didn't even recognize her six year olds handwriting on mother's day. No mom who checks their kids schoolwork and helps with homework would fail to recognize their handwriting.
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

Also, the eight year old needs to wear bras but gets to wear shorts as short as boys underwear? Maybe I just got it ass backwards but as long as nothing is showing through your clothes (nipples whatever) and you do not need the support, you do not need a bra but my daughter would NOT be wearing shorts like this as a grade schooler.

I have seen plenty of kids that age get training bras because they wanted them (like Julie Franke) but never before have I seen a parent say that a flat chested child needed them. I developed pretty early compared to my classmates and did not need a training bra before 10 and even then it depended on what I was wearing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That bit about the training bra was weird. I developed a big chest by middle school, and only wore a bra after I was 11-12, and mostly because I rode horses and bouncing up and down hurt.

Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

I have no idea how old the younger girl is but she looks about 8. In the most recent vlog, she looked as flat chested as her younger sister in the gym top. It seems to be some arbitrary thing for them. Like they have to wear it in x grade or at x years old. But yet their kids run around the store in their gymnastic suit? Eek. When I did gymnastics, we changed out of that at the end of class.

Their new video- pancake maker??? Is it normal for people to not be capable of making pancakes without a pancake maker these days? I was raised by a woman who was very low tech in the kitchen so I wouldn't know. I have the feeling that this woman is cooking only for the vlogs and doesn't do it often. And of course she's in full make up again when her kids are still messy haired and in PJs on Saturday morning.

The eating in the car- would it have killed them to go inside the place and eat there? It was Saturday, not after school. They had time. Also the mom wasn't eating, of course. Too vain to eat on camera, she is.

I want him to STOP filming other people's kids at gym. I know he focuses on his, but other people's kids inadvertently end up being filmed. I hope some other parents complain and that's the end of that. I get that they said bring everybody anyway and Gretchen had to sit out the class since she is only four but I don't understand why dad had to schlep Gemma to gym class when the mom was at home? And then they both sit out the rest of the class?

Her ear piercing explanation-ugh. She claims they wear earrings but I have never seen earrings on them. They should have not pushed Gabrielle to get it done- THAT is why it was so dramatic. Also, little kids' ears should be pierced at the same time, not one after the other. Either way, she said yes, then she changed her mind and it should have been left at that because it wasn't essential that she get it done. She also acts like getting it done as a baby or a Kindergartner are the only options. She has no experience with kids getting it done in Junior High, High school, adulthood or skipping it all together. I'm 27 and I wear clip ons. I have no desire to have pierced ears.

I wanted to throttle the dad with all of his singing. I cannot carry a tune and it's not cute. I feel like the mom, who never used to be in the vlogs, is not in them all the time to show everyone what a good mom she is. I used to like her more when we saw very little of her...
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

Has anyone else noticed the fact that Gwenyth is repeatedly left out? she always seems to be forgottob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Preslynn
Amateur
Amateur

YES!!! I feel so sorry for her. Gemma and Gretchen are definitely favored and Gabrielle has the benefit of being the oldest while Gracelynn seems more outspoken and is also Jeff's oldest biological child. So poor Gwen gets the short end of the stick.

Mom did Gracelynn and Gabrielle's hair in one day, oldest first. Gwen would have been next but she did Gretchen first and told Gwyneth that she would do hers "IF I still have time". She didn't say anything like that to the others. If she could do the first two in one day, she should have made enough time to do the other two. It seemed sooo important that little Miss Gretchen has pink hair and nails the day before PreK.

I remember the Mothers' Day one. Gwen brought in all of her art from school and Jeff cut her off saying it was too much to show them all, she could do it later. I feel like they could have taken a few minutes to look at all her school artwork to make her feel special for once but nope. Gwen asked if she could do it on camera later, Dad said yes, yet it never happened. They got Gwyneth enough presents for all four of them for her birthday but she doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Sometimes I wonder if she is even getting help with her speech.
Bernie_anna
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bernie_anna »

Why do they always have to wear matching clothes? And matching hair! Isn't Gabrielle like 13? When I was that age I surely didn't want to match with younger siblings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That Mom has had Botox in her forehead. Her forehead doesn't move _at all_ when she talks.
I just can't deal with the dad walking along just filming himself looking happy at Disneyland.

Return to “Q-Z”