Samika Part 3

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

We have an Australian Shepherd blue heeler mix (sometimes referred to as a Texas heeler) that we adopted from the dog shelter. We have 10 acres and this dog STILL gets bored and chews our stuff if we don’t have the exact combination of toys to entertain him when we aren’t home. We are experienced dog owners (we’ve owned 10 between the two of us) and he has easily been the most work of any dog we’ve ever had. Good luck to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

I'm usually a fan but lordy I just have to say this!! I cannot understand a word Penelope says..... It's gutteral and disjointed and even worse than Liza Adele's cutie pie Camden! I've never heard them address this, I probably missed it, but something needs to be done!
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Samika Part 3

Unread post by Milelu89 »

I agree, she turns 4 next year. She is the cutest little girl and her personality is very special. I wish she could articulate her thoughts and jokes.

I wonder why all (or most of) those YouTuber‘s kids are so behind regarding the speech development. That was also the case with the Shaytards‘ kids (Brock and Daxton).

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Milelu89 wrote:I agree, she turns 4 next year. She is the cutest little girl and her personality is very special. I wish she could articulate her thoughts and jokes.

I wonder why all (or most of) those YouTuber‘s kids are so behind regarding the speech development. That was also the case with the Shaytards‘ kids (Brock and Daxton).

And Daily Bumps Finn, and Calvin, Ellie and Jared's boy. And all 4 of the Gardner Quads
My partial theory is that so many of them primarily interact with the kids through the camera and don't spend a lot of time talking to them otherwise. Don't think that is necessarily the case here, though.
When people thought that Noah might be behind, they were really receptive to people saying that they were concerned. They said they appreciated the concern, and that they would keep an eye on it. Very different from most vloggers and their "if you merely suggest our family isn't perfect, we will block you!" attitude.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I don’t think she’s behind. I didn’t think Noah was behind either. I think the tone of her voice might make her a little harder to understand, but I understand most things she’s saying. I also think she hams it up for the camera, but her delivery is a little dry. Her robot voice and her monster voice are pretty much the same as her speaking voice. If you didn’t know any better, you could easily mistake her joking around as her trying to form words. It’s also easy to mistake her for an older kid. She doesn’t turn 4 until April of next year.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Poor puppy having bottom issues. Hope he doesn’t have to be on that food for too long because that stuff gets expensive. That Puppy Wellness plan won’t pay for the extra tests and meds either (I work at Petsmart and fortunately get a discount on the Banfield plans, but I’ve paid out a bit already.)

Also I’m concerned with Jenn thinking “he’ll stop when he’s full.” Most dogs, especially high energy ones don’t have that off switch. That’s why labs and other dogs get so fat, they will just eat until there’s no more food or they get sick. Hopefully someone tells her that so they don’t overfeed the pup. I’ve always been paranoid about that with my dog because she’s half lab and I know she would eat just about anything I let her have.
Milelu89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Milelu89 »

Uuh, did they dock the dog’s tail?

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Milelu89 wrote:Uuh, did they dock the dog’s tail?
Some aussies are born without much tail, sometimes the breeder docks them at birth. It’s part of the “breed standard” although docking is outlawed in other countries. If it was docked, they probably had nothing to do with the decision. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an Aussie with a tail.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Double posting even though this thread seems pretty dead. PJ was super cute in her first soccer game. Seems like she’s got the athletic gene too.

Normally the “sis” nickname doesn’t bother me too much but listening to Jenn cheer for PJ with just SIS/SISSY over and over started grating my nerves. They never call Noah or Ezra “Bro” or “brother.” PJ is almost always sis. There’s a few good nicknames to use with Penelope Jane. Penny, PJ, Penn, probably others I can’t think of. Plus, screaming sis at a big group of little kids running around seems confusing and impersonal.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

angelfire89 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:20 pm Double posting even though this thread seems pretty dead. PJ was super cute in her first soccer game. Seems like she’s got the athletic gene too.

Normally the “sis” nickname doesn’t bother me too much but listening to Jenn cheer for PJ with just SIS/SISSY over and over started grating my nerves. They never call Noah or Ezra “Bro” or “brother.” PJ is almost always sis. There’s a few good nicknames to use with Penelope Jane. Penny, PJ, Penn, probably others I can’t think of. Plus, screaming sis at a big group of little kids running around seems confusing and impersonal.
I really don't like how she did that during the game...yikes. The reason they really loved her name was because of all the nicknames they could come up with
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

I think all the kids will be great athletes but Noah is a little more shy which may hold him back a little. PJ is so out going and excited for everything so she really goes for it. Wonder who Ezra will be more like, or if he’ll be a whole third type.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

Noah calls her PJ, right? It's always grated on me that they call her that. They call the boys by their names. PJ has more value than just her status as sister to the boys.

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

lmmomSD wrote:

Noah calls her PJ, right? It's always grated on me that they call her that. They call the boys by their names. PJ has more value than just her status as sister to the boys.

I guess have a different perspective on the whole nickname thing. My cousin’s younger brother called her sis/sissy when he was a toddler because he couldn’t say her name. Now almost 40 years later, our whole family still calls her that from time to time. My cousin is an awesome person...has adopted a teen from foster care, works in non-profit, and is an activist in our community. I personally don’t think calling her Sis has anything to do with her value as a person but just a sweet family nickname!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".
Maybe I'm too sensitive. But with the way they are about gender roles, it just rubs me the wrong way.
I am glad they have her in soccer though.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".
Maybe I'm too sensitive. But with the way they are about gender roles, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Agreed. Like someone else said, Jenn seems to be the only one who calls her that consistently (Sam does it sometimes but not as often.) As an at home nickname, around her brothers, it would make sense, but she was screaming it to her at a soccer game with a bunch of other little kids. Why not use her name if only to avoid confusion?

I also wonder if it has something to do with the church. Aren’t women in the church referred to as sister? Sister Anderson, sister so-and-so? But then I think the men are Brother or Elder, depending on their status?
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

They're at Disney with Daehan and Tyler & Haylee. Not gonna lie, it brings me back to the old days when they were all together in the vlogs in the beginning. I used to never miss a video then.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

angelfire89 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:47 am
lmmomSD wrote:But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".

Agreed. Like someone else said, Jenn seems to be the only one who calls her that consistently (Sam does it sometimes but not as often.) As an at home nickname, around her brothers, it would make sense, but she was screaming it to her at a soccer game with a bunch of other little kids. Why not use her name if only to avoid confusion?

I also wonder if it has something to do with the church. Aren’t women in the church referred to as sister? Sister Anderson, sister so-and-so? But then I think the men are Brother or Elder, depending on their status?
This is exactly right. Lots mormons seem to call their young daughters "sis" or "sister." I've noticed Carlie and Kayli do it too. It's definitely related to being "Sister Anderson," etc.

BTW, why haven't they posted in weeks?? I wonder if Sam got a job?!
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

I was wondering about that too. I think he must have, I know he was looking.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yet another reason to like him. YouTube revenue is changing, so instead of clinging desperately to the channel, and doing super chats during livestreams, he goes to look for a JOB. Cullen hasn't. Jared hasn't. Joel sure hasn't. Bollie is going to support them all! Riiiiight.
Good for you, Sam!

Return to “Q-Z”