Samika Part 3

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Lovethesnark wrote:Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

I think all the kids will be great athletes but Noah is a little more shy which may hold him back a little. PJ is so out going and excited for everything so she really goes for it. Wonder who Ezra will be more like, or if he’ll be a whole third type.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Noah doesn’t really call her sis. I hope Jenn drops it. It’s nice to see PJ play soccer and enjoy herself. I really think she’s going to be the better athlete.

Noah calls her PJ, right? It's always grated on me that they call her that. They call the boys by their names. PJ has more value than just her status as sister to the boys.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

lmmomSD wrote:

Noah calls her PJ, right? It's always grated on me that they call her that. They call the boys by their names. PJ has more value than just her status as sister to the boys.

I guess have a different perspective on the whole nickname thing. My cousin’s younger brother called her sis/sissy when he was a toddler because he couldn’t say her name. Now almost 40 years later, our whole family still calls her that from time to time. My cousin is an awesome person...has adopted a teen from foster care, works in non-profit, and is an activist in our community. I personally don’t think calling her Sis has anything to do with her value as a person but just a sweet family nickname!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".
Maybe I'm too sensitive. But with the way they are about gender roles, it just rubs me the wrong way.
I am glad they have her in soccer though.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".
Maybe I'm too sensitive. But with the way they are about gender roles, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Agreed. Like someone else said, Jenn seems to be the only one who calls her that consistently (Sam does it sometimes but not as often.) As an at home nickname, around her brothers, it would make sense, but she was screaming it to her at a soccer game with a bunch of other little kids. Why not use her name if only to avoid confusion?

I also wonder if it has something to do with the church. Aren’t women in the church referred to as sister? Sister Anderson, sister so-and-so? But then I think the men are Brother or Elder, depending on their status?
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

They're at Disney with Daehan and Tyler & Haylee. Not gonna lie, it brings me back to the old days when they were all together in the vlogs in the beginning. I used to never miss a video then.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

angelfire89 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:47 am
lmmomSD wrote:But the brothers don't call her that. It's mostly Jenn. Noah calls her by her name. It's one thing if it's a nickname that the sibling gave her. If he called her Sissy, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it. And like someone else said, yelling "Go sis!" at a kid when she's not _your_ "sis" seems weird. Especially when her actual brother calls her PJ, not Sissy. They don't call Ezra or Noah "bro".

Agreed. Like someone else said, Jenn seems to be the only one who calls her that consistently (Sam does it sometimes but not as often.) As an at home nickname, around her brothers, it would make sense, but she was screaming it to her at a soccer game with a bunch of other little kids. Why not use her name if only to avoid confusion?

I also wonder if it has something to do with the church. Aren’t women in the church referred to as sister? Sister Anderson, sister so-and-so? But then I think the men are Brother or Elder, depending on their status?
This is exactly right. Lots mormons seem to call their young daughters "sis" or "sister." I've noticed Carlie and Kayli do it too. It's definitely related to being "Sister Anderson," etc.

BTW, why haven't they posted in weeks?? I wonder if Sam got a job?!
Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

I was wondering about that too. I think he must have, I know he was looking.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yet another reason to like him. YouTube revenue is changing, so instead of clinging desperately to the channel, and doing super chats during livestreams, he goes to look for a JOB. Cullen hasn't. Jared hasn't. Joel sure hasn't. Bollie is going to support them all! Riiiiight.
Good for you, Sam!

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I don’t think he has a job. Not yet anyways. They just spent the week at Disney and in FL. Sam was on a separate trip to New Orleans the week before. New jobs usually don’t allow for vacations right away. They probably haven’t posted because Sam hasn’t been editing away from home. YouTube doesn’t pay their bills so I don’t think it matters if they miss a few videos. It certainly isn’t growing their social media presence anymore.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

They haven't posted in almost a month.
gatorade
Talker
Talker

Unread post by gatorade »

as much we dont need to know but it would be neat to hear how go get their income

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ohsnapitsdes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ohsnapitsdes »

rosie_dalia wrote:They haven't posted in almost a month.
Sam said on twitter they’re posting today

ohsnapitsdes
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ohsnapitsdes »

But i feel like he for sure got a job or something because of certain things he has said

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Interesting vlog. Sam basically is stating that these next few months are make it or break it for their channel. He honestly doesn't seem to concerned- so they must have something else to fall back on (I kind of skimmed around so I'm not sure if they addressed this). I must say, they are some of the better youtubers. With any youtuber comes exploitation to some degree. But I truly think they are good people with good intentions, and amazing at creating. They seem genuine and not defensive like some YouTubers around this topic (like Bonnie Hoellein). The end of the video with the music playing over the scene was beautiful as always. Their video quality and sounds always seem top notch too. Side note, I find it so adorable how Sam talks to PJ. Especially this vlog. You can tell he adores her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There are two Youtubers I have ever seen have a mature response to criticism: Sam and Cara Chatwin. When people commented wondering if Noah had a speech delay, they thanked people for their concern, and said they would keep an eye on it and talk to his pediatrician. Ollie and Finn both have delays, and the only reaction Missy had to questions about it was to go on Snapchat and ramble on about how advanced Ollie was, and how he was speaking clearly all day long, but they had just "never managed to catch it on camera". I got blocked on Twitter for having the temerity to suggest Ollie might benefit from speech therapy. Most Youtubers, unless you're kissing their ass, you're a "hater". Cara Chatwin came into their forum and welcomed questions and actually answered them.
Those two are the ONLY ones I have ever seen have a reaction to constructive criticism besides deleting it and blocking the poster. Because not all criticism is "hate".
And I really respect Sam for that. I'll be bummed if they have to leave YT, because it seems that YT panders to the lowest common denominator.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Well he clearly said that YT isn’t their main source of income. What they didn’t talk about, what is?
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I believe Instagram is their main source of income. They’ve posted atleast 6 ads since the beginning of the month. All of them have been with major brands. Best Buy, Fisher Price, Kroger/NyQuil.

Gladys Kravitz I
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Gladys Kravitz I »

Lovethesnark wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:47 am I believe Instagram is their main source of income. They’ve posted atleast 6 ads since the beginning of the month. All of them have been with major brands. Best Buy, Fisher Price, Kroger/NyQuil.

I'm pretty sick of it myself, I unfollowed on IG. I never thought they'd be one of the first family vloggers I'd walk away from, I just expected more from them is the honest truth. Stop the ads, stop using the kids!

So I really hope Sam does find that outside job, even if he works from home doing it and that they pick up family vlogging again without focusing the camera on the kids so January's rules don't shut them down.

Return to “Q-Z”