[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201809 ... 561793.png[/img]

Jenn’s twin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Samika Part 3

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They even said to the kids how lucky they are to be able to do the trip, unlike so many vloggers who act like they're entitled to all the special treatment just for existing.

One total nitpick: they are NOT "macaroons". They're macarons. Macaroons are fluffy cookies made with coconut (usually) and egg whites. Macarons are made with egg whites too, but they're not meringues. I know it's nitpicking, but it's a pet peeve.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-dif ... oons-63982

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Daehan is so cute with the kids. He is going to spoil them rotten and i love it lol!
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

lmmomSD wrote: One total nitpick: they are NOT "macaroons". They're macarons. Macaroons are fluffy cookies made with coconut (usually) and egg whites. Macarons are made with egg whites too, but they're not meringues. I know it's nitpicking, but it's a pet peeve.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-dif ... oons-63982

I was correcting them in my head the whole time. Glad I’m not the only one.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I love Jenn's love for Halloween decorations!! I decorate for Halloween like Christmas and i love seeing other people's decorations too.
I hate the Cubs didn't advance this year, i would have really loved to see them go further (and the flashbacks to the Cubs win in the vlog made me a little misty eyed, I just love baseball so much and i loved their emotions about the big win BUT .... GO BRAVES!!!!!!! LOL
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Sometimes I really wonder how devout these two are. They seem pretty open-minded for Mormons, but then they DO watch General Conference and partake in church activities all the time. The General Conference topics on Saturday reminded me that Mormons still don't accept non-straight people/same-sex marriage, are totally anti-abortion and still living in the past in regard to women's roles and "duties."

Do Sam and Jenn really believe in that stuff? To each their own, but it just make me sad that they support a church that is so backwards and intolerant. I think it's pretty obvious Jenn's brother is gay, but he will probably never be open about it because of the church. VERY SAD! Their church seems like a brainwashing CULT.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

Sam hinted heavily that he didn’t vote for Trump back during the election.. which is a really really low bar as a reference but at least it’s something. Neither of them are from Mormon Utah and seem much more worldly than their YT peers. Jenn’s family was pretty non traditional as far as Mormon traditions go, and her sister doesn’t practice the religion at all anymore if I remember correctly. My guess is that they’re personally pro-life but are quiet in their beliefs and would never be the type of people to protest or harass or talk down on others for being pro-choice. They’re probably more accepting of same sex marriage than others, but you never know. I personally couldn’t be politically/socially liberal or even moderate and still be a part of one of the most conservative religions at the same time. Sounds like a lot of cognitive dissonance that would need to be explored. I hope they’re much more accepting and kind than their demographic tends to be.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I think they could be bit more liberal than most Mormons their age, but won't be more open about it because their parents aren't. I do think they try to adhere to more traditional roles. I don't think Jenn will ever have a career outside of the home. I'm not sure she wants one, but I'm not so sure she doesn't want one either. I don't think either of them want more children, but I don't think Ezra will be the last. They don't show Jenn with her mom friends, but I get the feeling that she really doesn't fit in. I think she tries. That's why we'll see her attempt to make clothes or give the kids haircuts at home. She doesn't keep it up for long or in the case of the home haircuts, she just stinks at it. It's not really because she's not capable of doing these things, she's not really interested. She's young. I hope she figures out where she fits in.

I hope Sam starts to spend more one on one time with PJ. I know Noah goes to school and they probably spend alot of time with her then, but they don't seem to have any special outings. He takes Noah to baseball games and things like that one on one all the time. I don't think PJ has ever had that type of outing with him. I don't think it's because she isn't interested. She was just as much into tee ball as Noah. I think she might have been a bit more interested. Jenn mentioned that Noah took a moment to warm up. PJ seems to get left out alot. I don't think it will be the same with Ezra.
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

I said it before they got pregnant again they were ignoring PJ. Poor girl is definitely gonna have middle child syndrome when she gets older. I haven't watched them or gotten on here in a while but I just saw Jen in the best buy ad on instagram and Jen looks anazing for having a 4 month old.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Aww I can't believe Monika's little girl, Arie is one already. I remember watching the vlogs from when she was pregnant and hanging out at Sam & Jenn's. I feel like she was so overdue and she still had no clue about a name :lol:
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201810 ... 5ea228.png[/img]

She looks SO much like Jenn here!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Aww I can't believe Monika's little girl, Arie is one already. I remember watching the vlogs from when she was pregnant and hanging out at Sam & Jenn's. I feel like she was so overdue and she still had no clue about a name Image
I was so aggravated with Jenn with her "She's going to be our daughter in law someday! She's got two choices!"
First of all, you have a daughter. Make a fuss over her. Second, Arie and Ezra are infants, and Noah is just a little boy. Stop shipping them.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

lmmomSD wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Aww I can't believe Monika's little girl, Arie is one already. I remember watching the vlogs from when she was pregnant and hanging out at Sam & Jenn's. I feel like she was so overdue and she still had no clue about a name Image
I was so aggravated with Jenn with her "She's going to be our daughter in law someday! She's got two choices!"
First of all, you have a daughter. Make a fuss over her. Second, Arie and Ezra are infants, and Noah is just a little boy. Stop shipping them.

Jen has always been super into enforcing gendered ideas which I think she learned from her parents. It's always been "Noah is suuuuch a boy" or "Noah is flirting with these girls!"

Like stop, he's a baby.

Now she's doing it with Arie who is just a baby too!
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201810 ... 257473.jpg[/img] And again! I think Sam and Jennika are pretty progressive/liberal in terms of being Mormon but they definitely perpetuate gender stereotypes

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Hate that! Let kids be kids.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Gotta respect that Jenn said the first thing she would do with lottery winnings is put money away for all the kids to go to college.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

That's so cool that Jenn's brother got to be on TV! Glad he actually got a part, even if he got killed after two lines..

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

PJ looks so much like Jenn with her eyebrows colored in.

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:PJ looks so much like Jenn with her eyebrows colored in.

Yes I came here to say the same thing!

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201811 ... d4a4dd.jpg[/img]

Okay she’s really starting to look so much more like Jenn the more she grows out of her baby look and into a little kid. Every picture I see of her now she seems to look more like Jenn than Sam. I can’t believe she’ll be three in five months!

Return to “Q-Z”