Yasmyn Switzer

emilynicole1435
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Yasmyn Switzer

Unread post by emilynicole1435 »

New teen mom YouTuber. Anyone watch her/have an opinion yet?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzMlRf ... Q/featured
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Yasmyn Switzer

Unread post by spillingthetea »

I do! I kinda like her idk. Feel curious about her situation

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Primadxnna »

I love her videos, she seems so well rounded and a good mom!
ImageImage
leeiacoccapuffs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by leeiacoccapuffs »

One of her videos popped up a few weeks ago when I was scrolling on YouTube, and so far, I think she's great. I am curious to find out why she ran away from home and lives with her Aunt and Uncle. But she's in school and has a job and seems like a great Mom.
I think we're going to start seeing more and more Teen Moms in YT. It's concerning, further glamorizing teen pregnancy and motherhood.
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

i think she is really sweet and a good mom!
what do y’all think about cam&fam?
i haven’t found a thread about them here

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
LightlyToasted
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LightlyToasted »

I’ve recently started watching her and she seems nice and sweet but her videos are really boring to me....I know she’s new and all but after the first few videos it just got boring to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
loulouinnz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by loulouinnz »

I really like her so far. She seems like a great mum and i like that she breastfeeds in front of her friends. She still seems like she has a good social life and doesn't moan like so many other youtube mums. She does seem to have a lot of support from her aunt but not in a bad way. The vlog where she explained why she moved out was pretty sad. It's good she seems so well adjusted still. Has she explained the relationship with the dad? - that's the only red flag for me.

One of the things i like the most about her is that she has great grammar. None of the other youtube mums seem to!
aspynovardsecret
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by aspynovardsecret »

I’m surprised that more people aren’t talking about her. I think she has a great personality, but it’s a little troubling to see how quickly she’s moving with her boyfriend of a month. So much pressure on both of them at such a young age. I feel like they’re trying way too hard to act older than they are or like a mini cole and sac

blonderoast
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blonderoast »

aspynovardsecret wrote:I’m surprised that more people aren’t talking about her. I think she has a great personality, but it’s a little troubling to see how quickly she’s moving with her boyfriend of a month. So much pressure on both of them at such a young age. I feel like they’re trying way too hard to act older than they are or like a mini cole and sac

I completely agree and it makes me wonder where are the adults in their life to help guide them and tell them to slow down? The fact that they were allowed to go to Florida alone astonished me as they are still only in high school. Then is past weekend Yas, Logan and a few friends rented a house to go skiing and Logan’s mom watched Laela?! Are high schoolers even allowed to rent out a house alone? While I think Yasmyn seems like a great girl I would hate to see Logan miss out on experiences like college and take on dad life at 17 for a child that isn’t even his and a relationship that statistically will most likely not work out.

I hope as Laela gets older Yasmyn doesn’t push the narrative that her boyfriends are fathers to Laela because that is definitely what she is doing with Logan and I’m surprised Logan’s parents are letting it just happen...

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yellowbowl »

I am totally shocked that her boyfriend's parents are okay with them moving in together at such a critical point in his life! He seems great, but it worries me that they have romanticized being parents together to a baby. She seems so mature and level-headed but a relationship like this could leave her really hurting.
izziebelle13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by izziebelle13 »

i really want to get this thread active. i’ve been searching for a while

pineapples64
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pineapples64 »

loulouinnz wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:08 am I really like her so far. She seems like a great mum and i like that she breastfeeds in front of her friends. She still seems like she has a good social life and doesn't moan like so many other youtube mums. She does seem to have a lot of support from her aunt but not in a bad way. The vlog where she explained why she moved out was pretty sad. It's good she seems so well adjusted still. Has she explained the relationship with the dad? - that's the only red flag for me.

One of the things i like the most about her is that she has great grammar. None of the other youtube mums seem to!
True! I also found her story pretty sad. It sounds like her mom was a young mom, too, which is kind of sad. She said her grandma was at work in one of her stories meaning her grandma is probably young enough to work. And she said her sisters were 11 and 9 years younger than her, which ironically makes them 9 and 11. Pretty big gap between her and them I wouldn't be surprised if she was an accidental pregnancy too. I worry for her younger sisters, though, because they're still living in the house that she had to leave. I wonder why the aunt didn't take them in, too.
aspynovardsecret
Wallflower
Wallflower

I’m shocked by how nice her new house looks in the background of her newest video. Anyone else think it’s a bad idea that they’re moving in together after dating for what- 4 months?? Seems like a terrible idea for high schoolers.

blonderoast
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by blonderoast »

aspynovardsecret wrote:I’m shocked by how nice her new house looks in the background of her newest video. Anyone else think it’s a bad idea that they’re moving in together after dating for what- 4 months?? Seems like a terrible idea for high schoolers.

Definitely- it doesn’t seem like any adults in their lives are guiding them to make more sound decisions. From what I’ve gathered it doesn’t seem like Yas has had much parental guidance (I am not a hater, I think she’s a very sweet girl, just stating what I’ve observed) in her life so this doesn’t shock me.
I hope that this house isn’t more than what she can afford with her youtube money.

pineapples64
Amateur
Amateur

just watched her latest video (the sister tag) and ho ly CRAP do i feel bad for that girl. being a teenager is hard on its own, especially what she went through, but raising those two sisters? jesus christ. the two couldn't even get through the first few minutes of the vid without throwing a tempter tantrum. before she moved out she must have been mediating and managing them every day. at first the eight year old seemed really mature but then she threw a tantrum too. i hope she doesn't become a parentified child like yasmyn did. hope someone educates them on teen pregnancy etc.
also, i cannOT believe that all three girls have different dads. i get having an oopsie once but doing it three times??? with three different people??? and how in the world did they get along financially? in the vid yasmyn mentioned they lived in california for a while. how does a young (probably reckless) mother afford to move around so much? sounds like the mother really isn't all there. i wouldn't be surprised if she was doing drugs, too. it's a mystery to me how yasmyn became such a sweet level-headed girl after going through all that. god bless her.
what do you guys think?????
chocokitty
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by chocokitty »

Yasmyn seems super smart & sweet. I'm really interested to know about her life though, like pineapples64 said, all 3 of them have different dads. Yasmyn also said her mom was a teen mom so I wonder if it been a family thing. From what she shared it seems like she sadly had a lot of negative things going on, I also wouldn't be surprised if drugs / alcohol were issues. She does seem really well rounded and genuinely nice.
josetti
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by josetti »

I respect Yasmin, I’m curious about her situation. I’m surprised at how much she shares about her life online. It does seem like she might’ve have a rough childhood and didn’t have much guidance.
pineapples64
Amateur
Amateur

just watched the house tour and holy hell how did she afford that house. ofc she gets money from Youtube, but I'm thinking maybe her aunt and/or Logan's family helped out. Her P.O. box is in Lewes, which apparently is the wealthiest city in Delaware. I used Zillow and the houses in or around there range from $100k-$2 million. No way a kid could afford that on her own. The mortgage must be huge.
edit: oh nvm she said she rented. still, must be expensive lol
aspynovardsecret
Wallflower
Wallflower

pineapples64 wrote:just watched the house tour and holy hell how did she afford that house. ofc she gets money from Youtube, but I'm thinking maybe her aunt and/or Logan's family helped out. Her P.O. box is in Lewes, which apparently is the wealthiest city in Delaware. I used Zillow and the houses in or around there range from $100k-$2 million. No way a kid could afford that on her own. The mortgage must be huge.
edit: oh nvm she said she rented. still, must be expensive lol
And why does she need FIVE bedrooms??

leeiacoccapuffs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by leeiacoccapuffs »

I have a feeling something went south with Yaz and her aunt. She seemed to move out all of a sudden and then her aunt stopped watching the baby so Yaz now has to finish school online.
I, too, am concerned how quickly she and Logan are moving, they're SO young. But they also seem to have a lot of support and are very level-headed. I just hope it all works out well for them. I am sure they both just want to give Laela a stable life, something Yaz and her younger sisters haven't been given.

Return to “Q-Z”