ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

emlyx wrote:Is it normal to Ben's legs to be that arched?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk
I cringe watching him walk, I wonder if there is anything behind his legs being so bowed out. I have twins that are a few days younger than him, they are both in physical therapy (torticollis with my son and weaker cores on both babies). My kids’ therapist would probably gasp, they are such sticklers about proper posture and development. My kids are almost walking, but they don’t look like there’s anything wrong with them, to the untrained eye. Benjamin legs just stand out so much, I hope walking early won’t hurt anything in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eloise2020
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Eloise2020 »

You can see 51 pics of the property on zillow.com - recently sold homes

Sold for 600.000 $ in South Carolina
Built in 1937
4 bd 5 ba
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I love the home but I am surprised by it for her, it jsut doesnt seem her style at all and when she talked about a home she talked about it being open. The living areas seem non existent.. where will they homeschool?
Freecali
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Freecali »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:I love the home but I am surprised by it for her, it jsut doesnt seem her style at all and when she talked about a home she talked about it being open. The living areas seem non existent.. where will they homeschool?
Anywhere. We have a dedicated homeschool room but tend to use other parts of our house more often than the room.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

No I understand that but Angie had a massive dedicated homeschool space.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

The house is very nice, I want just one of those bathrooms in my house! I actually like some of that yellow-toned paint, maybe not all over the house, but some of it works well. They’re already talking of adding onto the house, maybe a homeschool room is part of that. I watched the tour vlog, I wonder why they cut the master bedroom part out?

Freecali
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Freecali »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:No I understand that but Angie had a massive dedicated homeschool space.
In her newer videos she said she wanted her homeschool area to be more “Swiss Family Robinson” without tables and more causal. We shall see!

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hopefully this is okay to say, search sold homes in Aiken, SC, then pop in $600K price range.

devilishtenshi
Talker
Talker

ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by devilishtenshi »

Okay room theories?

I say K&S will share the room with the copy of the master bathroom
The bedroom with the massive porch she said was fit for a princess so my guess is Rosie will be there and maybe share with the twins.
The next room the three boys with share although really just the two since Benji is with them still in the master bedroom.

I think the addition will be a combo mud room/big living room. I think they mentioned if Rosie wants to stay when everyone is grown they’d build her a property not attached?? I could be wrong but I doubt they’d add on a whole mini apartment just yet anyways!

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

devilishtenshi wrote:Okay room theories?

The bedroom with the massive porch she said was fit for a princess so my guess is Rosie will be there and maybe share with the twins.
The next room the three boys with share although really just the two since Benji is with them still in the master bedroom.

I think the addition will be a combo mud room/big living room. I think they mentioned if Rosie wants to stay when everyone is grown they’d build her a property not attached?? I could be wrong but I doubt they’d add on a whole mini apartment just yet anyways!

I think you’ve nailed it. There’s so much they could do easily, but hopefully it can jive with their family dynamics. Rosie and the twins would be perfect in the “princess” room, but Rosie’s been the one kid that needed her own space. And I don’t know if Angie would want the twins in a room with balcony access, unless they have a solid way to lock the door. The older girls should definitely get the room with the other master bath. So that would leave the three boys in the final room, but I can’t see Benji joining them for 2-3 more years.

It looks like they don’t have a basement again, but their home is rated a 5/10 on a flooding scale, so maybe that’s a good thing. I don’t know how accurate that is, considering my house is a 1/10 and flooding is a huge problem in my area. They didn’t say if they had a big garage or an attic for storage, it would be nice if they didn’t need to utilize a storage unit.

devilishtenshi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by devilishtenshi »

Tweedles3 wrote:
devilishtenshi wrote:Okay room theories?

I think you’ve nailed it. There’s so much they could do easily, but hopefully it can jive with their family dynamics. Rosie and the twins would be perfect in the “princess” room, but Rosie’s been the one kid that needed her own space. And I don’t know if Angie would want the twins in a room with balcony access, unless they have a solid way to lock the door. The older girls should definitely get the room with the other master bath. So that would leave the three boys in the final room, but I can’t see Benji joining them for 2-3 more years.

It looks like they don’t have a basement again, but their home is rated a 5/10 on a flooding scale, so maybe that’s a good thing. I don’t know how accurate that is, considering my house is a 1/10 and flooding is a huge problem in my area. They didn’t say if they had a big garage or an attic for storage, it would be nice if they didn’t need to utilize a storage unit.

Some areas in the country typically never have basements. I’m in New England so it’s more unusual not to have them here but I’m pretty sure down south it’s rarer. Don’t quote me though!

The thought of the balcony and the twins does worry me too but I don’t feel they’d make the twins room with the older two or the boys so that leaves with Rosie. I think at least for now Rosie will pretty much be on her own because the twins are so young they probably only sleep in the room and then leave to be with family. So if Rosie wanted to be alone for a bit she could.

Maybe part of the addition will also be an additional bedroom for Rosie (or the twins).

haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

Buying a house where every bedroom has a balcony is so impractical for a baby collector. There is also barely a living room. The area where she says she sees the kids hanging out while she (CR) cooks has a stove top on the island. She was so petty about the copycat room being bigger than the master and her kids having nice bathrooms. What a weird thing to be mad about. I can't believe they had 10 people sharing 2.5 baths in their old house! My best friend is one of 10 kids, and her parents' house is a French farmhouse with much more living space (family room off the kitchen, sitting room, formal living room, plus a screened in porch). I think something like that would have been a better fit for the Braniffs, but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

I think what qualifies as a nice bathroom is very subjective. Her kids had nice bathrooms in the old house, IMO. My main bathroom is so small, I can’t fit a potty chair on the floor for my son. Any bathroom where my knees aren’t touching the tub when I’m on the toilet is nice, lol.

I watched the video agin last night because I had missed some things the first time, the lack of living room is kind of odd. I think the huge “foyer” was probably a living room, or the dining room with fireplace may have been a living room. From looking at the realtor pictures, you can tell there were not children living there, probably an older couple that didn’t need dedicated family space.

LilaRose
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaRose »

I love the house and property and also think the location is great. It's farm like, but close to what seems like a nice little city. That being said I don't think the house is fitting for a family of ten, especially with lots of young kids. Kids have to share bedrooms who had their own rooms before and then there is no playroom, no homeschool room and no real living room either. If two to three kids have to share rooms, a designated space for homeschool/learning would make a lot of sense. A playroom would also be great so the shared bedrooms could remain rather quiet spaces if one of the kids needs to be alone. Plus the issue with the deck upstairs. It's absolutely gorgeous but also pretty dangerous since most of the kids are still pretty small and the deck seems to be accesible from most of the rooms.
I could imagine them building a shed with possibly two seperate rooms. An office area for Angela plus a homeschool room. We'll see what's going to happen :)
Espeon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Espeon »

Like others have said, the outside is amazing. I love that they can have horses and other animals + space to play. The inside, on the other hand, is very confusing. I can't for the life of me figure out how this house is almost 3500 sf. It seems like there are so many corners, useless walls and dead space. The u shape counter has these strange columns that block the flow. The decks upstairs are dangerous. The bathrooms have no counter space. I'm sure she'll make everything look good, it just doesn't seem practical.

Her obsession for french things and words made me laugh again. LE bathroom, toilette, potager, french doors etc.
ErrorUser_606
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by ErrorUser_606 »

I really like their house but I’m slightly confused as to why they didn’t try to find one with more bedrooms.(or at least a basement/more square footage.) I wanted 9 kids at one point and wasn’t looking at houses with less than 6 bedrooms-two to each room and the oldest got her own. I think 5 would have been a good fit for them and they could have probably found one for not much more than what they ended up spending, especially if they are willing to renovate. I am curious to see how the sleeping arrangements are going to be, I hope they take the kids thoughts into account when deciding who shares.
haterade
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by haterade »

Espeon wrote:Like others have said, the outside is amazing. I love that they can have horses and other animals + space to play. The inside, on the other hand, is very confusing. I can't for the life of me figure out how this house is almost 3500 sf. It seems like there are so many corners, useless walls and dead space. The u shape counter has these strange columns that block the flow. The decks upstairs are dangerous. The bathrooms have no counter space. I'm sure she'll make everything look good, it just doesn't seem practical.

Her obsession for french things and words made me laugh again. LE bathroom, toilette, potager, french doors etc.
And "pièce de résistance" -- pronounced incorrectly, of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wasteoftime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wasteoftime »

The French thing is very teen phase and cringey.

Is it just 4 bedrooms, the kitchen and the 'Swiss family Robinson' room (that movie did not age well)?
oldhagagain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by oldhagagain »

Anne Bonny wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:41 am Yikes, Angie. She has some serious obsessive tendencies and it seems crazy pants that CR is ready to just let her uproot their entire lives (plus her parents) to indulge one that he must know will die down eventually. She has clearly gotten into watching Parisienne Farmgirl and Shaye Elliot recently and that is what sparked this current obsession. The French girl makeup, the French farmhouse decor (complete with the wallpaper like they both are in to), talks of homesteading and potagers. Its funny to me because from what we have seen of her she is nothing like them (in a good way...they are super conservative, vaguely racist, homophobic, not well traveled and all about women being traditionally feminine and antifeminism. I appreciate that Angie is a much more modern woman even though she is a Bible thumper) and this whole thing doesn't seem to fit her and her personality at all.

Ugh, is there a gossip space for Shaye Elliott? I so very much dislike the whole "homesteading in a skirt and heels and makeup" BS. I just read an article on her and yes, she's a Bible thumper and believes in traditional roles. I didn't know they are filthy rich in the Doterra MLM. Wonder why they don't choose to spend their money on better renovations.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

Y'all pray for Angie on those back roads near her house. Someone in a trailer might come out and kidnap her. 🙄

Return to “Q-Z”