ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

LCCS225
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest | Part 2

Unread post by LCCS225 »

Tweedles3 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:22 pm It’s hard to listen to, but I can’t fault Angie for baby-talking to her kids, I do it, too. But not in public or in front of anyone except my husband. I don’t know if it’s the same for Angie, but for me it helps my anxiety when dealing with my little ones. When both my twins are screaming to eat, it helps calm me down by making the situation a little silly. But I know it’s bad to do, and my 2-year old is a late talker similar to Ivy, or so it seems in the vlogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know anyone who doesn't baby talk to their little ones sometimes! We've all done it! But Angie seems like she ONLY talks in that voice to her littler kids, never in her normal speaking voice. It seemed really excessive in that last video. We get it, you're holding the baby, but you're making a video for adults who don't want to hear every other sentence in that weird baby talk.
Pina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Pina »

Amsouthernbell wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:41 pm I just watched the 3month update. Mannnnnn I barely can look at her when she talks to the baby. I can already guess that benji will have a delay in speech and motion.she is not a good mom. Her twins are also in my option behind in their development.
The fact that they are unkept is just the cherry on the top.
I agree about the twins development and I think its because they have no structure and are allowed to run wild. They are nearly 3 years old and are barely linking two words together. They make silly noises and grunts when spoken to and arent encouraged to use their words instead.

I also cant believe CR just laught when Ivy spat her apple out in a recent vlog. My 3 year old would know better and if not they would at least have the apple taken off them and they would be made to clean it up.
gibberish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gibberish »

The twins are 2 yrs 4 mos. They have 8 months until they're 3...they'll be okay.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

My son is also chewing and spitting out food occasionally, he’s one week younger than the twins. It’s a newer skill and he does it when he eats something he doesn’t like or is too chewy for him, like a piece of bacon. But if he does it in spite of us telling him to stop, he gets a time-out.

I finally watched the new vlog, I knew the shed wasn’t going to be a quiet space to work, LOL. I listen on high-quality earbuds and I can always hear kids screaming and yelling in the background of her bedroom videos. Same is happening here, with her kids playing outside, probably running circles around the shed and trying to get in.

Peachykeen
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peachykeen »

Angie's youngest sister started a YouTube channel. She seems so different from Angie and Ash.

Here's the link to her first video:
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

Peachykeen wrote:Angie's youngest sister started a YouTube channel. She seems so different from Angie and Ash.

Here's the link to her first video:

Wow looks incredibly boring

Freecali
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Freecali »

It’s not just baby talk to the kids. in general she seems to be speaking in a strange accent all the time I think she thinks it’s really cute. It’s a very good chance that it’s going to be what makes me stop watching her channel! Maybe some people thinks it’s cute but for me it’s more irritating.
Dreamkeeper+1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Dreamkeeper+1 »

I think it is fine to talk baby talk to babies, once they reach 1 year I think it best to annunciate each word. I mean I kind of think the french talkie stuff is a bit much. Of Bezheemon. Wonder if the twins will call him zheemon if they start talking.
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Her accents are stupid. She is so into herself. Am does cr ever dress like a grown man? I mean his boys have more of a grownup “Style”than him
Freecali
Talker
Talker

Amsouthernbell wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:48 am Her accents are stupid. She is so into herself. Am does cr ever dress like a grown man? I mean his boys have more of a grownup “Style”than him
I feel like she doesn’t know what to say anymore and uses an accent to distract from it- completely unnecessary

I’m guessing she buys the boys clothes and CR purchases his own. I wouldn’t be shocked if she doesn’t like how CR dresses but hasn’t won that battle. Who knowS 🤷‍♀️ Just my thought
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Did she really say they weren’t going to go ice skating because the toddlers and baby wouldn’t have fun? So never mind the 5 other children that would enjoy it. That just shows me they have too many kids when she says without an extra set of hands it wouldn’t be worth it. Yeah...wouldn’t be worth it for the majority of your children to have a blast because you’ll have to parent your young ones. The older kids barely get to do anything. Sad that their fun is dictated by their younger siblings that their mom just had to have. Angie seems to have lost interest in all her children besides the baby. Did anyone see in a recent video when Rosie was hugging on her and Angie was just patting her back and looking miserable? She barely listens to the older girls talk anymore. The boys and Rosie are left to play outside and draw to entertain themselves with barely any face to face time with their mother. And the twins run wild and just collapse wherever and whenever they want as long as there’s a pacifier and a TV on. They barely get cared for or taught anything besides cute tricks for the camera. I couldn’t believe my ears when recently in a vlog one of the parents said the twins stunk and needed a bath. How the hell do your 2 year olds get like that? At that age, baths were the best thing ever to my kids and they got at least one a day. What would even make them stink besides sitting in their own filth? They aren’t 9 year olds who smell like outside and sweat after hours in the yard! I can’t believe how much 2015 me loved this woman! I mean, I don’t even recognize Angie anymore (face or personality). The doting mom and witty woman I watched back then just doesn’t exist anymore. In my opinion, Angie has checked out completely from her family (including CR...I do not see love toward him in her anymore) in the pursuit of perfecting her career, her online image, and her physical appearance. And CR is completely overwhelmed, up to his ears in responsibility, and is not recognized or appreciated for the way he holds that house and family together. They need to leave YouTube. Suck it up that you’ll lose your lavish lifestyle because it’s what drove Angie to the point she’s at now anyway. CR needs to go back to his career and she needs to hire a nanny so she can work from home and attempt to be present in her kids’ lives again.
Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

I can’t believe that the twins are not speaking at all....also take your kids ice skating and just deal with the fact that you had to accumulate 8 kids and stand up to the challenge. CR needs to man up and rain her crazy ass in. The noise level in her vlogs is extremely annoying as well. I get that 8 kids make noise but there needs to be a little bit of order every once in awhile. Chaos is just nit good for children and especially not on high level like that.
There is no parenting going in what so ever.
Beccaboom22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Beccaboom22 »

HCB wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:09 pm Did she really say they weren’t going to go ice skating because the toddlers and baby wouldn’t have fun? So never mind the 5 other children that would enjoy it. That just shows me they have too many kids when she says without an extra set of hands it wouldn’t be worth it. Yeah...wouldn’t be worth it for the majority of your children to have a blast because you’ll have to parent your young ones. The older kids barely get to do anything. Sad that their fun is dictated by their younger siblings that their mom just had to have. Angie seems to have lost interest in all her children besides the baby. Did anyone see in a recent video when Rosie was hugging on her and Angie was just patting her back and looking miserable? She barely listens to the older girls talk anymore. The boys and Rosie are left to play outside and draw to entertain themselves with barely any face to face time with their mother. And the twins run wild and just collapse wherever and whenever they want as long as there’s a pacifier and a TV on. They barely get cared for or taught anything besides cute tricks for the camera. I couldn’t believe my ears when recently in a vlog one of the parents said the twins stunk and needed a bath. How the hell do your 2 year olds get like that? At that age, baths were the best thing ever to my kids and they got at least one a day. What would even make them stink besides sitting in their own filth? They aren’t 9 year olds who smell like outside and sweat after hours in the yard! I can’t believe how much 2015 me loved this woman! I mean, I don’t even recognize Angie anymore (face or personality). The doting mom and witty woman I watched back then just doesn’t exist anymore. In my opinion, Angie has checked out completely from her family (including CR...I do not see love toward him in her anymore) in the pursuit of perfecting her career, her online image, and her physical appearance. And CR is completely overwhelmed, up to his ears in responsibility, and is not recognized or appreciated for the way he holds that house and family together. They need to leave YouTube. Suck it up that you’ll lose your lavish lifestyle because it’s what drove Angie to the point she’s at now anyway. CR needs to go back to his career and she needs to hire a nanny so she can work from home and attempt to be present in her kids’ lives again.
This ^^ i watched Angie while pregnant with my second and marvelled at how she did so well with 5 and was always so upbeat and organised took her kids everywhere with her etc. She seems so nasty and sarcastic about CR and bored with her kids.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

HCB wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:09 pm Did she really say they weren’t going to go ice skating because the toddlers and baby wouldn’t have fun? So never mind the 5 other children that would enjoy it. That just shows me they have too many kids when she says without an extra set of hands it wouldn’t be worth it. Yeah...wouldn’t be worth it for the majority of your children to have a blast because you’ll have to parent your young ones. The older kids barely get to do anything. Sad that their fun is dictated by their younger siblings that their mom just had to have. Angie seems to have lost interest in all her children besides the baby. Did anyone see in a recent video when Rosie was hugging on her and Angie was just patting her back and looking miserable? She barely listens to the older girls talk anymore. The boys and Rosie are left to play outside and draw to entertain themselves with barely any face to face time with their mother. And the twins run wild and just collapse wherever and whenever they want as long as there’s a pacifier and a TV on. They barely get cared for or taught anything besides cute tricks for the camera. I couldn’t believe my ears when recently in a vlog one of the parents said the twins stunk and needed a bath. How the hell do your 2 year olds get like that? At that age, baths were the best thing ever to my kids and they got at least one a day. What would even make them stink besides sitting in their own filth? They aren’t 9 year olds who smell like outside and sweat after hours in the yard! I can’t believe how much 2015 me loved this woman! I mean, I don’t even recognize Angie anymore (face or personality). The doting mom and witty woman I watched back then just doesn’t exist anymore. In my opinion, Angie has checked out completely from her family (including CR...I do not see love toward him in her anymore) in the pursuit of perfecting her career, her online image, and her physical appearance. And CR is completely overwhelmed, up to his ears in responsibility, and is not recognized or appreciated for the way he holds that house and family together. They need to leave YouTube. Suck it up that you’ll lose your lavish lifestyle because it’s what drove Angie to the point she’s at now anyway. CR needs to go back to his career and she needs to hire a nanny so she can work from home and attempt to be present in her kids’ lives again.
I can snark on some things but don’t agree with everything here-

Angie was talking about a family activity and ice skating not being a good choice. They do have times they separate the older and younger kids for age appropriate activities (not to the extent they did/would for 1-2 kids, but it has happened here and there for amusement parks or horseback riding). I have 6 kids and am not on YouTube and wouldn’t want to take them all ice skating since many are so young. I’d be so focused on little ones I wouldn’t be bonding with the older ones and that would take away from the “family” outing. Had she taken all the kids ice skating and had the older ones helping in any way we’d also snark- so there was no winning there unless she didn’t mention it or her and CR took them alone which again would not be the family activity she mentioned.

Also, how would hiring a nanny and working another job make her more present? How would CR being at a more traditional job help the kids get more time or attention?

She could work on focusing on each individual kid, or many other things- but I don’t think hiring a nanny is the answer.
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

CR going back to his career would be for money and insurance when they got off YouTube. And having a nanny or mommy’s helper would allow her to get a 3 hour window of work done with CR being gone and then she would have the rest of the day cleared to be with her children. She wants to work from home and she needs childcare while she does so; like any working parent. They’ll need both their incomes to keep up a fraction of their YouTube money lifestyle and K&S don’t need to be the only babysitters while mommy does 2-3 hours of work in her shed.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

HCB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:16 am CR going back to his career would be for money and insurance when they got off YouTube. And having a nanny or mommy’s helper would allow her to get a 3 hour window of work done with CR being gone and then she would have the rest of the day cleared to be with her children. She wants to work from home and she needs childcare while she does so; like any working parent. They’ll need both their incomes to keep up a fraction of their YouTube money lifestyle and K&S don’t need to be the only babysitters while mommy does 2-3 hours of work in her shed.
Differences of opinion make life fun- 🤷‍♀️

I think there are a lot of assumptions made in how they’d live and in that the yt $ may stop rolling in anytime soon.

I think they will be around for awhile- and even when they are not, I don’t think they work and live the way many do in a “traditional” sense. The family dynamic they have is not the same as a 2-3 kid traditional job type family.!
HCB
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by HCB »

Ok cool. Nowhere did I say their YT money will stop rolling in. I said this family needs to leave YT. No more ad revenue or sponsorships after leaving the site equals less money. In my opinion, becoming “big” on the internet was the downfall of the Braniffs and getting off might help give them some normalcy.
Freecali
Talker
Talker

HCB wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:56 pm Ok cool. Nowhere did I say their YT money will stop rolling in. I said this family needs to leave YT. No more ad revenue or sponsorships after leaving the site equals less money. In my opinion, becoming “big” on the internet was the downfall of the Braniffs and getting off might help give them some normalcy.
That’s my point- their “normalcy” is not the same as others may be defining it
Pina
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Pina »

At least the church activities will widen the kids social networks. I know the boys play with the local kids but they never mention the older girls or Rosie having friends or play dates. Hopefully, K+S get to do age appropriate activities/events and arent relied on to pacify the twins.
MamaM
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MamaM »

Does anyone watch Ashleigh’s channel? She lost her mind, she wants to foster a child in a house that doesn’t have a room for said child, she doesn’t teach her kids (I absolutely don’t buy her ‘unschooling’), she’s broke and ‘minimalistic’ but hey needs to show of her new iPhone. I really hope they won’t be able to foster. She’s troubled and it’s obvious

Return to “Q-Z”