This is how we Bingham | Part 3

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: This is how we Bingham | Part 3

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Uncle_Deadly wrote:The Holland Christmas vlog was lovely. Plentiful gifts, but not to the level of avarice like Branden's bunch. Happy, grateful children who have genuine appreciation for what they are receiving. It is so nice. Turin seems to be a fantastic kid. What a sweetheart.
Turin?
Wow. I guess it's ok because everyone in Utah has weird names-- just look at the cousins, Krew and Brexit, I mean Brexsin. So they won't be made fun of.
Karma demerits. I'm mean.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Krew is actually a quite popular boy’s name at the moment. Bryce Harper of the Philadelphia Phillies four month old son is named Krew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Total OT tangent, but it's interesting to me the way names go in cycles. And the effect social media has had. I'm thinking about the nursing homes in about 50 years filled with Savannahs, Dakotas, and Laurens and Jacobs and Ethans; and 20 years after that, all the UnIQue names are going to start to trickle in. There are celebrities and pseudo-celebrities naming their kids some weird stuff, and then people see it on social media and say "OMG! That's totes adorbzzz!" Or whatever they say these days, and name their kids that too. Jason Aldean just named his daughter Navy. Maybe I just think it's weird because my whole family was IN the Navy. And don't get me started on Kulture, Ya'Majesty, Messiah, and North West.
And actually, one thing that I think is cool about all the "unique" names, is that if a lot of kids have "weird" names, people are less likely to make fun. And I am all for less bullying, despite what YTers may think of my presence here.

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Total OT tangent, but it's interesting to me the way names go in cycles. And the effect social media has had. I'm thinking about the nursing homes in about 50 years filled with Savannahs, Dakotas, and Laurens and Jacobs and Ethans; and 20 years after that, all the UnIQue names are going to start to trickle in. There are celebrities and pseudo-celebrities naming their kids some weird stuff, and then people see it on social media and say "OMG! That's totes adorbzzz!" Or whatever they say these days, and name their kids that too. Jason Aldean just named his daughter Navy. Maybe I just think it's weird because my whole family was IN the Navy. And don't get me started on Kulture, Ya'Majesty, Messiah, and North West.Image
And actually, one thing that I think is cool about all the "unique" names, is that if a lot of kids have "weird" names, people are less likely to make fun. And I am all for less bullying, despite what YTers may think of my presence here. Image
The worst celebrity Childs names I’ve heard are Pilot Inspektor (James Lee’s 16 year old son) and Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter). Talk about horrible. Can you imagine being named Pilot Inspektor?

nahthxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nahthxx »

PirateWench8 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Total OT tangent, but it's interesting to me the way names go in cycles. And the effect social media has had. I'm thinking about the nursing homes in about 50 years filled with Savannahs, Dakotas, and Laurens and Jacobs and Ethans; and 20 years after that, all the UnIQue names are going to start to trickle in. There are celebrities and pseudo-celebrities naming their kids some weird stuff, and then people see it on social media and say "OMG! That's totes adorbzzz!" Or whatever they say these days, and name their kids that too. Jason Aldean just named his daughter Navy. Maybe I just think it's weird because my whole family was IN the Navy. And don't get me started on Kulture, Ya'Majesty, Messiah, and North West.Image
And actually, one thing that I think is cool about all the "unique" names, is that if a lot of kids have "weird" names, people are less likely to make fun. And I am all for less bullying, despite what YTers may think of my presence here. Image
The worst celebrity Childs names I’ve heard are Pilot Inspektor (James Lee’s 16 year old son) and Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow’s daughter). Talk about horrible. Can you imagine being named Pilot Inspektor?

Im a teacher on the west coast and I used to live in south I went from having “Ella Kate” and “Mary Lee” and every other combination of old southern names to more hippy names “Starr” “Moon” “Talulah” “Lavender”...names are something else

PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

nahthxx wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote:

Im a teacher on the west coast and I used to live in south I went from having “Ella Kate” and “Mary Lee” and every other combination of old southern names to more hippy names “Starr” “Moon” “Talulah” “Lavender”...names are something else

Talulah is actually a popular name here in NJ. We have a large Native American population in this area. My friend’s step-daughter is named Talulah. Her mother was Native American and named her daughter that in honor of their heritage.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

My daughter's name is very popular in her age group. But I didn't plan it that way! When I was pregnant, we were living on the east coast, and I didn't know anyone who named their child what we chose. Then we moved to the west coast, and every little girl we met had her name! One neighbor girl even had the same middle name, and same birthday, 5 years prior!
Sorry for the tangent.

welshmum
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by welshmum »

PirateWench8 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm
lmmomSD wrote:
Uncle_Deadly wrote:The Holland Christmas vlog was lovely. Plentiful gifts, but not to the level of avarice like Branden's bunch. Happy, grateful children who have genuine appreciation for what they are receiving. It is so nice. Turin seems to be a fantastic kid. What a sweetheart.
Turin?
Wow. I guess it's ok because everyone in Utah has weird names-- just look at the cousins, Krew and Brexit, I mean Brexsin. So they won't be made fun of.
Karma demerits. I'm mean

They explained their kids names in a vlog once and Turin comes from when the dad did his missionary work in Italy.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

welshmum wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm
lmmomSD wrote:Turin?
Karma demerits. I'm mean

They explained their kids names in a vlog once and Turin comes from when the dad did his missionary work in Italy.
Yep. Not just a made up Utah name. It’s the name of a city in Italy and Justin went to Italy on his mission. Much better in my opinion than Ryler or Brexsen. Those are very much made up Utah names. Especially Brexsen. Speaking of which, you should google the name Brexsen (which I did to see if anyone on this planet had that name as well. Spoiler alert, nope). There is a post on Twitter as well as one on Reddit where people have stumbled upon one of their videos and the post makes fun of their names. It’s kinda amusing.

JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

Awwww I just watched the Holland family’s Christmas vlog. Justin’s family just melts me. They’re such sweet appreciative kids. Turin got an iPhone 11 for Christmas and he was in shock. He had actually asked for Justin’s hand me down phone. He didn’t ask for a brand new iPhone 11. He said “I can’t have a better phone than you”! Such a sweet kid.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

JD386 wrote:
welshmum wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:53 pm Yep. Not just a made up Utah name. It’s the name of a city in Italy and Justin went to Italy on his mission. Much better in my opinion than Ryler or Brexsen. Those are very much made up Utah names. Especially Brexsen. Speaking of which, you should google the name Brexsen (which I did to see if anyone on this planet had that name as well. Spoiler alert, nope). There is a post on Twitter as well as one on Reddit where people have stumbled upon one of their videos and the post makes fun of their names. It’s kinda amusing.

I know Turin is a city in Italy. It's nice that the name has meaning for them.

I should have just kept my mouth shut. Like I said, karma demerits. I was mean, and just made myself look stupid.

nahthxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nahthxx »

lmmomSD wrote:
JD386 wrote:
welshmum wrote:I know Turin is a city in Italy. It's nice that the name has meaning for them.

I should have just kept my mouth shut. Like I said, karma demerits. I was mean, and just made myself look stupid.

Your post is valid. And I think just because it’s a city in a country doesn’t make it a great name. I think all the Bingham kids have ridiculous names and it’s a competition to see who can be the most different. The only okay one is Ava.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Gonna have to find the Reddit page for Brexsin. I always, always think of Brexit when I hear it, and they keep doing that stupid "Brexie-doodle" and Krewbie-doobie-doo. I twitch every time I hear it. Krew is going to be getting married and say "I, Krewbie-doobie-doo, take you, Parsleigh, to be my wife"
And then there's the Tannerites: Canyon and Azbury. I thought maybe they were big Bruce Springsteen fans! Plus the Ohana Family, and Jordan Page-- they have Klailea, Rykell, MacEwan(???), and the whole thing with replacing I or E with Y, like in Hazyl. Except that it would sound like hay-zill if they pronounced it the way it's spelled, and they doomed her to a life of saying "no, it's not spelled that way!"
Boston seems to be a popular name too. And Madison only became a popular name after the movie "Splash".

JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

lmmomSD wrote:
JD386 wrote:
welshmum wrote:I know Turin is a city in Italy. It's nice that the name has meaning for them.

Don’t feel bad for having an opinion. It’s not my cup of tea either. But I’m glad it actually has meaning and isn’t a stupid made up Utah name (unlike Mindy’s naming process). Ryler was made up. Krew with a K is made up. Brexsen is terribly made up. Hazyl with a y is made up. I think Turin being called Turbo though is why I really don’t care for the name Turin because that nickname makes it feel like a made up Utah name.

nahthxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nahthxx »

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201912 ... 351e4d.jpg[/IMG] this is 100% not okay...he knows what he’s doing by this click bait. It’s disgusting and if I was madi or her mother this shit would not fly. Mister clean and pure Mormon...fuck off

JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

nahthxx wrote:[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201912 ... 351e4d.jpg[/IMG] this is 100% not okay...he knows what he’s doing by this click bait. It’s disgusting and if I was madi or her mother this shit would not fly. Mister clean and pure Mormon...fuck off

They are so disgusting.

yellowbowl
Talker
Talker

Unread post by yellowbowl »

I was so stressed out when I saw that the Binghams went to Topgolf. It's basically a multi level building that is missing a wall - a HUGE fall risk. I saw on their Instagram story that Brex was helping Hazy and they toppled over - I didn't realize they were on the first floor (exactly where this accident prone family should be) and was so scared!

Topgolf is pricey. I'm glad they had a good time but wow!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Well, I guess they can't say that it's "kid-directed content".

nahthxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nahthxx »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:23 pm Well, I guess they can't say that it's "kid-directed content". Image

Good point...
Uncle_Deadly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Uncle_Deadly »

Absolutely vulgar. He obviously has absolutely no respect for his child, or for anything other than money these days. If I were Madi I would pack up and leave over this. If Mindy doesn't demand he change this, she is no better. Sickening.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WHY do they have to be such jerks? Not just this, but on the "Friends React to Braces" video, the title is "Brace Face". I'll bet Branden was one of those jerky kids who called other kids "brace face" and "four eyes".
And putting the little arrow pointing out Hazy's cut in the thumbnail for the "Family Secrets" video-- gotta make sure people see it so they ask about it so they can clickbait her getting stitches.

Return to “Q-Z”