This is how we Bingham | Part 4

Paplatt1
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: This is how we Bingham | Part 4

Unread post by Paplatt1 »

welshmum wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:31 pm I am so angry just now after seeing Mindy making a jokey comment (on her Mindysbest Instagram) about how when she coughed it was Coronavirus!!! Really, thousand have died because of this virus and she uses it as a joke, absolutely disgusted right now
She just doesn't get it. I am a long lurker here and decided I need to join in the fun! I sent her a message on IG when she made the Corona joke....it truly shows just how ignorant she is.
Paplatt1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Paplatt1 »

slc_chick wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:52 am I wonder if Branden was referring to Eva Sherbondy when he was talking about no-helmet injuries.

Anyway, someone tell me if I’m reaching but does anybody else feel like Branden and Mindy are meaner to each other lately? They’ve always made playful jabs, but I feel like the past few months they’re constantly competing to out-insult each other. It was really overt when Madi was there last, and in the vlog today. Sometimes I just feel so uncomfortable sitting there for minutes on end while they insult each other. Jared and Britt do it as well, and it’s not cute. I wonder if B&M are getting sick of each other after two months stuck in the house together.
Honestly, I agree and I can't say I blame him. She would be a tough cookie to spend every single day with.
JD386
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JD386 »

WHY on earth are so many people buying their merch!?! Beyond dumbfounded by the amount of orders they’re shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carolinagurl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by carolinagurl »

What I've learned from Utah vloggers is that they're the most self-centered people ever. The worst tragedy could happen in this country and if it dosent involve them, they won't speak about it. Simple mentioning it in a blog post, ig post, or even vlog could fight ignorance. They live in their perfect little bubble without racial problems because quite frankly, they don't interact much with people outside their race. Tells you a lot about the type of people they are.
slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Unread post by slc_chick »

carolinagurl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 pm What I've learned from Utah vloggers is that they're the most self-centered people ever. The worst tragedy could happen in this country and if it dosent involve them, they won't speak about it. Simple mentioning it in a blog post, ig post, or even vlog could fight ignorance. They live in their perfect little bubble without racial problems because quite frankly, they don't interact much with people outside their race. Tells you a lot about the type of people they are.
Agree. I understand what they're probably thinking: they want to keep their channel apolitical and unproblematic. But imo it's extremely problematic for a wealthy white family to deliberately choose not to use their platform to say just one single thing.
Pufflepup
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Pufflepup »

That ginormous rug was probably so expensive and she just causally says it’s time to ‘throw it away!’ With a smile on her face when they haven’t even had it a year. How about donate it to somewhere that’s smart enough to not put a rug on carpet.
blessedunrest
Talker
Talker

Unread post by blessedunrest »

slc_chick wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:21 pm
carolinagurl wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:28 pm What I've learned from Utah vloggers is that they're the most self-centered people ever. The worst tragedy could happen in this country and if it dosent involve them, they won't speak about it. Simple mentioning it in a blog post, ig post, or even vlog could fight ignorance. They live in their perfect little bubble without racial problems because quite frankly, they don't interact much with people outside their race. Tells you a lot about the type of people they are.
Agree. I understand what they're probably thinking: they want to keep their channel apolitical and unproblematic. But imo it's extremely problematic for a wealthy white family to deliberately choose not to use their platform to say just one single thing.
And they hang around the same people as their own. Those children have never met an African America person, a Jewish person, a Muslim person, a Asian person etc. It's all white Mormons inside their own inner circle.
okpeach
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by okpeach »

going through my instagram stories and seeing all the people i follow posting images showing support and links to donations or petitions and then having mindy in the middle of them talking about flowers, going for a run, or shave ice vs snow cones is so disappointing. they can't do the bare minimum of sharing a petition to sign? or share where and what they donated to an organization?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

JD386 wrote:WHY on earth are so many people buying their merch!?! Beyond dumbfounded by the amount of orders they’re shipping.

This!! I do NOT understand why anyone would buy any vlogger's "merch". Roman Atwood is the only one I would consider buying, but only because his doesn't have his name on it. It's his slogan "Smile More".
I think it's not just the money that changes vloggers. You have to be self-absorbed to vlog in the first place-- I can't imagine thinking that random people would be remotely interested in the day to day minutiae of my life. I can't imagine filming myself walking around Costco and Target and yammering at a camera about all the crap I'm buying. And the way people worship them and blindly attack anyone who says anything remotely negative about them-- it turns into this echo chamber of commentary on how wonderful they are. And they really start to believe it.
That's my theory, anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Dare I ask why they are "overwhelmed"?
Tone deaf. Completely oblivious.

nahthxx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nahthxx »

lmmomSD wrote:Dare I ask why they are "overwhelmed"?

Read the fucking room, binghams!
They’re overwhelmed by their “epic rad merch sales” and “so much to do, so many friends our kids are playing with”

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nahthxx wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Dare I ask why they are "overwhelmed"?

Read the fucking room, binghams!
They’re overwhelmed by their “epic rad merch sales” and “so much to do, so many friends our kids are playing with”

carolinagurl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by carolinagurl »

I respect the Binghams for posting the vlog today. The fact that they made it 8:46 seconds means the acknowledge and disagree with what's happening. I can't help but to think that maybe it was societal pressure that moved them to post. The other day they said that it was their social media presence that motivates them into enforcing helmets for the family. I wonder if this is the same.
jenlynnkc1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jenlynnkc1 »

carolinagurl wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:24 am I respect the Binghams for posting the vlog today. The fact that they made it 8:46 seconds means the acknowledge and disagree with what's happening. I can't help but to think that maybe it was societal pressure that moved them to post. The other day they said that it was their social media presence that motivates them into enforcing helmets for the family. I wonder if this is the same.
And they're making money off of it!!!! I would respect them more if maybe they donated what they made today off of this vlog to a charity.
okpeach
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by okpeach »

i would also respect them more if they spoke out prior to the #blackouttuesday thing becoming a "trend". it speaks volumes going a whole week without sharing petitions to sign, where to donate, or how to better educate yourself on the topic of racism and just now only posting a blank picture and video with ".... this is how we bingham" at the end of their caption. also mindy yesterday finally somewhat bringing it up and although with good intensions, the whole doesn't matter if you're white, black, pink, purple, blue spiel is just very ignorant. i really hope they better educate themselves and are educating their children on what is going on in the world right now.
Pufflepup
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Pufflepup »

Mindy posted a story this morning with her and her running friend with beaming smiles. It wasn’t long before she took it down and posted the blackout photo on her feed (after Branden posted it on the family IG). I’m assuming he told her to take it down. I know we complain about him a lot but I can tell he has much more social sense and awareness than his wife. Her story posts yesterday were tone deaf and way too peppy for what’s going on in the country. “Hey guys! I love you all whether you’re white, black or purple! :D also I did laundry today!” As someone else said READ THE ROOM. Maybe take a break from posting about your privileged life. No one will unfollow you because we didn’t get 10 slides on your laundry dilemma of the day.
slc_chick
Talker
Talker

Unread post by slc_chick »

okpeach wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm i would also respect them more if they spoke out prior to the #blackouttuesday thing becoming a "trend". it speaks volumes going a whole week without sharing petitions to sign, where to donate, or how to better educate yourself on the topic of racism and just now only posting a blank picture and video with ".... this is how we bingham" at the end of their caption. also mindy yesterday finally somewhat bringing it up and although with good intensions, the whole doesn't matter if you're white, black, pink, purple, blue spiel is just very ignorant. i really hope they better educate themselves and are educating their children on what is going on in the world right now.
Credit to them for doing SOMETHING, but yeah the whole “it doesn’t matter what color you are” is such a 90s take. It clearly DOES matter if you’re black because if you’re black you will be discriminated against. That’s the reality.

I get it. They’re in the Utah bubble. Mindy probably avoids news that makes her feel sad. But that’s a bad take and she should understand why it’s a bad take.

I’m not into performative pieces without action, but credit that they took a risk on one day of incomes to post something. I wish they had have posted some actual resources in the description box because there are SO many going around. It would be nothing to copy and dump a few links that had already been compiled. But still, credit for at least trying something.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bet Mindy is going into withdrawal not being able to post 85 instastories.

whydowewatchthis
Talker
Talker

Unread post by whydowewatchthis »

I've come to the realization after seeing Madi on Mindy's best... Madi is so smart

She really is a genius

She could easily be uploading videos to her channel, blogging, makeup tutorial, skin care routine, how to get into college, room tours, ect. the typical youtube teenager, and be making money, and easily promoted by Brandon but she chooses not to!

Someone raised her right
lananaoum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lananaoum »

whydowewatchthis wrote:I've come to the realization after seeing Madi on Mindy's best... Madi is so smart

She really is a genius

She could easily be uploading videos to her channel, blogging, makeup tutorial, skin care routine, how to get into college, room tours, ect. the typical youtube teenager, and be making money, and easily promoted by Brandon but she chooses not to!

Someone raised her right
I was just thinking that. She has an iPhone, every time we see her in a vlog, she uses it. She has a Instagram profile, but she can’t use it. I think she’s old enough to use it ... imagine her in college!
Friend - do you have Instagram?
Madi - yeah I do, but my dad uses it

Return to “Q-Z”