Tweedletee10

kandikandice
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tweedletee10

Unread post by kandikandice »

Ah yes. People who knit pick at everything. Shut the fuck up already!! Love Tina's reply!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Y'all are welcome to like her just as others are welcome to dislike her. I think you'll find that there is a lot less negative said about Tina than most moms around here. I, personally, am not a huge fan of her but I don't dislike her either. You're really wasting your time complaining about what other people talk about though. Just don't bother. Come here and support Tina all the way if you want but be productive for gods sake. Do you think criticizing others about what they post is suddenly going to change their minds about what they think? "OMG this new girl is right! I love you so much Tina!"

Nope. Get over it.
#FreeBen
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Moving on.

I'm not sure how they are on the vegetarian / vegan regimen. They started it as a bet between them..then they liked it.. I wonder if they experienced any particular bitchiness or know-it-alls by others and... you know.... "the proteins" or "the b12" .... :roll: or if anyone gave Tina any crap because she was breastfeeding and she is veggie/vegan (if she is still).

Knowing that she'll probably stop by, I'm going to leave these questions here, I don't want to rock the boat of the YT veganism... :) sometimes if you're not perfect but you still want to do something ...you get more crap than if you do nothing. like "oh you're a vegetarian...well you could just eat ten cadavers a day because you're not vegan"...uhm.... ok... :?

Also, what's your favourite food? do you cook much? ever thought about making little recipe/food clips?
up all night, got demons to fight
grandscheme
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by grandscheme »

sleep84 wrote: I wonder if they experienced any particular bitchiness or know-it-alls by others and... you know.... "the proteins" or "the b12" .... :roll: or if anyone gave Tina any crap because she was breastfeeding and she is veggie/vegan (if she is still).

That sums it up perfectly.
sleep84 wrote:sometimes if you're not perfect but you still want to do something ...you get more crap than if you do nothing. like "oh you're a vegetarian...well you could just eat ten cadavers a day because you're not vegan"...uhm.... ok...
That's how it is with everything in life. "Oh you cloth diaper BUT you use a disposable at night? So you still throw diapers in the garbage? What's the point then, you may as well not even try". Seems like everyone who does something to the extreme believes that no one else deserves to be in their special little club. Those people are stupid though. If you are a vegan because you believe in a peaceful existence and want to see less factory farming and animal suffering, but you shun others who aren't 100% vegan and tell them they may as well not try...you're hurting your own cause. Same with cloth diapers. If you want to do better for the planet that your children have to live on in the future, you have to be supportive of other people who try, not just turn them away. To the mothers who call other mothers names or insult them for trying to be "crunchy", etc...you're hurting your own cause. So you can't really believe too much in it yourself. If you did, every animal life would count. Every diaper that didn't end up in a landfill would count. You would show love and acceptance to every person who even tried to make a difference, knowing that those people are necessary to keep the word spreading. It's hard to look at a "crunchy" mom living on a farm with no makeup, raising 6 kids, having chickens and a 2 acre vegetable garden, harvesting their own honey, and say "I am similar to HER in my beliefs so i'd love to try cloth diapering!". Looking at a mom who lives in the city, looks like you, eats like you, and has a similar lifestyle, much easier to say "she cloth diapers, I could try it too!". If you truly want to help the planet then you'll see that fact is so, and you'll appreciate every person who tries to make a small difference. But people would rather feel like they belong to an exclusive club than truly spread the love and joy that comes from knowing you're making the world a better place.
sleep84 wrote:I'm not sure how they are on the vegetarian / vegan regimen.
We were vegan or mostly vegan for almost six months I believe (as we said, we ate what other people were eating if we were at their house or eating out with them, we never wanted our diet to be a 'thing' that held others back or kept them from having us around). When we started staying with my dad weekdays it was too hard because my dad doesn't "cook" so when we live there or even just visit for the day, I'm the cook. And he's an old italian man so any meal that doesn't have meat "isn't food". Plus no matter how we said that James was being fed vegan, we would leave the room and he'd be slipping him ice cream or whipped cream or cheese (my dad is a big fan of junk food). He tried numerous times to give him cows milk because my nonna insisted that we were "starving him" by not doing so but we won that battle because James wouldn't drink it :) haha Anyways, it was very hard and we ended up abandoning it alltogether at my dads.

In innisfil, the only grocery store near us sold NOTHING. To even get fresh vegetables you had to be there at 8am on a sunday morning (one of the other reasons we hated living there). Now that we've moved back to toronto Alex is pushing very hard to go back on a vegan diet (and spending every penny in carrot commons and healthy planet!) because somehow my macdonalds loving husband has become a crusader for the animals of the world! So we're trying hard to go back to it, but I need to do some more research on raising children on a vegan diet and try more recipes because James' diet has become very reliant on eggs and chicken for proteins. So if we have a very beans or tofu oriented meal now, sometimes james needs a scrambled egg or a piece of chicken breast on the side. Which sucks, because before going back to my dad's house, James used to eat plain beans as a snack out of those little rubber kids cups. So we're trying to go back slowly but we can't win them all yet and it's not a big deal if we don't.

sleep84 wrote:do you cook much? ever thought about making little recipe/food clips?

Side dish for dinner last night. Main dish was bean burritos (vegan!). Beans, corn, red peppers, onions, rice, some vegetable broth for flavour, and some spices, on a tortilla with salsa and avocado.
Side dish was soup! Tofu, bok choi, onion, spinach rice noodles, and a really cool beef flavoured all natural vegan nonbeef broth that comes in cubes from carrot commons that we just discovered. Super simple, super delicious, ridiculously wonderful smelling. Though while cooking I was a little worried because the cubes (which I expected to look like an OXO cube) were actually a square shaped poo-textured...poo looking thing. Haha

We didn't win. James picked at the rice, and then ate a scrambled egg and half a banana for dinner instead. Oddly though, he ate leftovers of all of it today with no complaint.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That soup looks really good. Not big on tofu but damn. Now I'm hungry.
#FreeBen
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anna12345 »

She just had her baby! Yay!
Sleepybirds
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sleepybirds »

Can't wait to find out the name!
mookieloo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mookieloo »

Didn't they already do a name reveal? I thought they picked Charlie.
pghmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pghmom »

They named him Joseph. Im guessing after tinas grandfather? I dont know. I like it though. James and Joseph go well together.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

Congrats on the new bundle. :)
flippityflop
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flippityflop »

She is bat shit. Apparently she's now comparing eating meat with rape. I'm all for veganism but to say that eating meat is on the same level as rape infuriates me.
Lovaleea
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Lovaleea »

I really like TIna, and I am glad she is passionate about something but she is really pushing her views/beliefs on people way too much. I mean believe in something, live it, breath it... who cares, and If people ask about it, tell them... but don't push it on everyone else and make them feel bad if they don't do as you do. I really hope she calms down soon or else shes going to push everyone away.
Its like religion... I am a Christian, I believe in God... if you don't, ok. If you ask I will tell you my beliefs and answer questions but If I keep trying to make you believe in God when you don't... im only going to push you further away, make you hate me, and God by being annoying; however if I just live my life believing and doing what I feel is right, you can see it and maybe one day you will believe too... Pushing your views on someone NEVER WORKS. I just wish shed see that.
Sorry I went on a rant there, ha :) Just disappointed in her pushiness on the vegan subject.
grandscheme
Amateur
Amateur

Lovaleea wrote:she is really pushing her views/beliefs on people way too much
If you are seeing the pictures I am sharing, it is because you have found me on my personal facebook. If you watch my on youtube (where I hardly mention it, but I have made a video this week about it, not yet posted), then you are watching something that is owned by me, created by me, and managed by me. About me. My facebook and my youtube account are about my life. I am not walking up to people in the street and grabbing them and telling them about being a vegan. I am not taking meat from peoples' hands in the grocery store and putting it back on the shelf and telling them why they should not buy it. I believe it is wrong to kill other living things just because they taste different than things that aren't living. There is absolutely no other reason to eat animals unless you live in a place where vegetables arent always available (nunavut, etc). I am stating how I feel on social media that belongs to me. Whoever does not like it does not have to follow me. There are a whole bunch of vegans out there much more passionate than me, and you don't follow them. There are jewish leaders out there. You don't follow them. I'm not trying to be rude, but it is entirely your choice what you look at.
Lovaleea wrote: I really hope she calms down soon or else shes going to push everyone away.
I will never "calm down" about things I believe in. I have never been the person who doesn't say how she feels because I am afraid of pushing others away. If you want to warn people what the general population does or does not want to hear, go and warn youtubers who are online just to collect subscribers and make money. I am not that person. I say what I want and I do what I want and I don't go out of my way to hurt others, but aside from that I will not restrict myself.

I have 19 thousand followers on youtube (just checked). If I talk about why I am a vegan on my channel and half are offended enough to unfollow me, that's just life. People choose to like you, be indifferent to you, hate you, every single day. I am not on youtube to worry about that number. I am there to share who I am. On top of that, let's say that 1% of subscribers on my channel decide to become vegan. Or even just try it, just for one year. That's 190 people. Which means that just by sharing my story, I would have saved over 19 thousand animals from a life of sadness, torture, violence, and a cruel ending. You know, for saving 19 thousand lives, I'd be willing to see my youtube channel go right down to just those 190 subscribers. I'm not there to make money. My husband wakes up every morning at 5am and goes to work all day so that he can bring home money so that we can eat, live, and provide as many wonderful experiences as possible for our children. We don't bend to the wills of the general internet population to make a quick buck.
Lovaleea wrote:I am a Christian, I believe in God
God did not create all of the beautiful creatures in the world to be confined to small, dark places their entire lives. To be raped repeatedly to produce offspring that are taken away from them soon after birth. To be taken up as newborns, looked at, and smashed repeatedly on the ground until dead if they were not deemed worthy to live. To have their testicles and tails cut off so that they show no signs of the natural aggression they are supposed to have to protect themselves. To have their milk stolen from them. To have their throats cut and then have their legs chopped off and skin peeled off while they are still alive choking on their own blood. I went to a slaughterhouse on monday. A kosher one, at that. Nothing there looked like anything God would want.

I'm not sorry that my views make you upset. If you ever want to look further into why, feel free to send me a message over the facebook you probably wont be following after this message :)
FLOSSY77

Well, that took care of my apetite. Tweedle can I get that in a text everyday around this time?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I suddenly want a cheeseburger.
#FreeBen
grandscheme
Amateur
Amateur

FLOSSY77 wrote:Well, that took care of my apetite. Tweedle can I get that in a text everyday around this time?
send me your number. you broke a promise my friend ;)
FLOSSY77

No you saved a piece of ham. I lost my appetite. :)
Never coming back promise.
grandscheme
Amateur
Amateur

blackbettybamf wrote:I suddenly want a cheeseburger.
This doesn't make me angry. It doesn't show me that you hate me or that you want to fight. It just shows that you have been brought up to believe that you are better than other living things and that you believe it is okay for them to suffer for your palette preference. That's okay. I was brought up that way too. I can only hope that one day something will happen around you that will give you back your empathy. But this doesn't make me upset. You are just me, two years ago. Instead it gives me hope. In two years, perhaps you will feel the way I do now. It is beautiful learning how to love after being taught it's okay to participate in hate.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Can't give a full reply now, my mouth is full.
#FreeBen
grandscheme
Amateur
Amateur

blackbettybamf wrote:Can't give a full reply now, my mouth is full.
You are just TOO clever. Honestly. Both replies the exact same as every other meat eater who is trying unsuccessfully to piss a vegan off :)

Return to “Q-Z”