ThisGatheredNest

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ThisGatheredNest

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

I dont watch her sisters channel, are they like Duggar-style religious?
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:I dont watch her sisters channel, are they like Duggar-style religious?
No not nearly so from what I can gather. They are Torah keeping Christians, meaning they celebrate the biblical feast days like Jewish people, but also believe Jesus is the Messiah. But they are not patriarchal, or uber conservative, obsessed with "modesty " like the duggars. So religious, but not in the same vein, and not nearly as cult like from what I can tell.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Looks like they are pushing a "subscription" family social media platform. She claims she is so excited, wonder why $$$$
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

ohaudrey wrote:Looks like they are pushing a "subscription" family social media platform. She claims she is so excited, wonder why $$$$
Nooo.. I think this is "at home with natalies" idea right? she used to do a monthly subscription box thingy along the lines of fab fit fun but for moms, apparently it was like target dollar spot quality and shut down after awhile, now she does online blogger things??? This will fizzle within a year, I promise you.
pennyajdg
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pennyajdg »

This twins are getting so big finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
ohaudrey wrote:Looks like they are pushing a "subscription" family social media platform. She claims she is so excited, wonder why $$$$
Nooo.. I think this is "at home with natalies" idea right? she used to do a monthly subscription box thingy along the lines of fab fit fun but for moms, apparently it was like target dollar spot quality and shut down after awhile, now she does online blogger things??? This will fizzle within a year, I promise you.
So what it's like Tidal or something? She really thinks that much of herself, huh?
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Omg she just posted portraits of the twins and I am so in love with Ivy! (Still hate that name) She's such a cutie!!!
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

Why does her hair have to be sooo orange? It's all I can look at during her videos.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 59edba.jpg[/img]

This is much more flattering.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:Why does her hair have to be sooo orange? It's all I can look at during her videos.

This is much more flattering.
I think the length and straightness REALLY suits her face and it makes her look a lot younger. I'm not a fan of that big ol Southern hair she sometimes has, it works on some people but I don't think she's one of them. It looks a lot blonder than before which, thank god, and it looks great. I hope she keeps it like this because it's straight bright orange in some videos, to the point where she doesn't even look like a redhead. She needs a new colorist.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

She really likes to hear herself talk doesn't she?
caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by caseofwanderlust97 »

Does anyone follow her on Instagram? She was just on InstaStories complaining about how Rosie's school pictures turned out. Something about how her smile looked way different than what it usually does and she's pissed the photo company staff supposedly didn't care to "fix it" because she's a special needs child. Granted, I agree that the pictures didn't turn out as well as they could've, but I don't think putting her school and the photography company on blast is okay either.
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

caseofwanderlust97 wrote:Does anyone follow her on Instagram? She was just on InstaStories complaining about how Rosie's school pictures turned out. Something about how her smile looked way different than what it usually does and she's pissed the photo company staff supposedly didn't care to "fix it" because she's a special needs child. Granted, I agree that the pictures didn't turn out as well as they could've, but I don't think putting her school and the photography company on blast is okay either.
Meh, I think she could relax about it. They're not that great but it's not the end of the world. I have ridiculous school pictures because I was embarrassed of my braces and smiled with my lips closed. It looks stupid but now it's just a funny picture and a funny memory. Just a pic, not a big deal.
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

It’s a horrible picture of Rosie. It doesn’t even look like her! I’d be complaining if it was my kid.

ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I’d be pissed if that was my kids picture. It’s strange to me that they only got one picture taken. If the first one wasn’t good, our photographer would take another. Sometimes kids just cannot smile for the camera, it’s just unnatural, like Noah’s. I hope they have an option for retake.

caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

ForeverGauc01 wrote:I’d be pissed if that was my kids picture. It’s strange to me that they only got one picture taken. If the first one wasn’t good, our photographer would take another. Sometimes kids just cannot smile for the camera, it’s just unnatural, like Noah’s. I hope they have an option for retake.

Thankfully there is the option for a retake and they'll be getting one. I agree that it isn't the greatest picture, but most photography companies that take school pictures usually only take one of each kid or two to three and pick the best one, for the sake of time.
Kinzie Kensington
Amateur
Amateur

ThisGatheredNest

Unread post by Kinzie Kensington »

That photo was awful, you can tell poor Rosie wasn't comfortable and I agree with Angela that it seems like they didn't even bother trying. She used to be a professional photographer so I'm sure she can tell when they aren't doing their best. I agree - that doesn't even LOOK like Rosie. I'd be complaining too.

Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Photographer here. This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I did school pictures for many many years before I had my own business, and I still do them occasionally when a small school is looking. When a child is getting their picture taken by a stranger without a parent, not every smile is going to turn out genuine. Some kids aren't even going to smile. Some will have a goofy look on their face. Yes we try our best to get nice, real smiles, but we are on a time limit. We can't focus on one child forever or another child's photo might suffer. We give each child as much effort as possible. Children with special needs can be a challenge, I'm not going to lie. But any good photographer wouldn't just not try for a nice picture because she has down syndrome. It's very possible this photographer tried hard and took multiple pictures, and this is the best that came out. No matter what, you can't force a child to smile how their parent thinks they should. It's school picture season and this is always tough because all throughout social media we see parents livid, bashing school photographers and many are very hateful about it. Parents don't realize it's not as easy as they think to fix the problem and make their kid smile nicely. We have many children to go through and we can't stay with each child forever so that they look perfect. I assure you, we try as hard as possible, but some kids just aren't going to give a stranger a nice smile.
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

Defuego wrote:Photographer here. This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I did school pictures for many many years before I had my own business, and I still do them occasionally when a small school is looking. When a child is getting their picture taken by a stranger without a parent, not every smile is going to turn out genuine. Some kids aren't even going to smile. Some will have a goofy look on their face. Yes we try our best to get nice, real smiles, but we are on a time limit. We can't focus on one child forever or another child's photo might suffer. We give each child as much effort as possible. Children with special needs can be a challenge, I'm not going to lie. But any good photographer wouldn't just not try for a nice picture because she has down syndrome. It's very possible this photographer tried hard and took multiple pictures, and this is the best that came out. No matter what, you can't force a child to smile how their parent thinks they should. It's school picture season and this is always tough because all throughout social media we see parents livid, bashing school photographers and many are very hateful about it. Parents don't realize it's not as easy as they think to fix the problem and make their kid smile nicely. We have many children to go through and we can't stay with each child forever so that they look perfect. I assure you, we try as hard as possible, but some kids just aren't going to give a stranger a nice smile.
I thought this might be the case. I agree that Rosie's picture wasn't the cutest but it definitely looks like her. To say that a photographer would choose not to work with Rosie because she is special needs is insulting to that photographer. If Rosie was waiting around for 20 other kids to get her picture taken, she might have been annoyed and *gasp* didn't smile when she was told to. Angie states that all you have to do is say, "smile Rosie" and she does. But even for a stranger? I doubt it.

caseofwanderlust97
Amateur
Amateur

Mom2two wrote:
Defuego wrote:Photographer here. This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion. I did school pictures for many many years before I had my own business, and I still do them occasionally when a small school is looking. When a child is getting their picture taken by a stranger without a parent, not every smile is going to turn out genuine. Some kids aren't even going to smile. Some will have a goofy look on their face. Yes we try our best to get nice, real smiles, but we are on a time limit. We can't focus on one child forever or another child's photo might suffer. We give each child as much effort as possible. Children with special needs can be a challenge, I'm not going to lie. But any good photographer wouldn't just not try for a nice picture because she has down syndrome. It's very possible this photographer tried hard and took multiple pictures, and this is the best that came out. No matter what, you can't force a child to smile how their parent thinks they should. It's school picture season and this is always tough because all throughout social media we see parents livid, bashing school photographers and many are very hateful about it. Parents don't realize it's not as easy as they think to fix the problem and make their kid smile nicely. We have many children to go through and we can't stay with each child forever so that they look perfect. I assure you, we try as hard as possible, but some kids just aren't going to give a stranger a nice smile.
I thought this might be the case. I agree that Rosie's picture wasn't the cutest but it definitely looks like her. To say that a photographer would choose not to work with Rosie because she is special needs is insulting to that photographer. If Rosie was waiting around for 20 other kids to get her picture taken, she might have been annoyed and *gasp* didn't smile when she was told to. Angie states that all you have to do is say, "smile Rosie" and she does. But even for a stranger? I doubt it.

Completely agree. I would be upset if Rosie was my child and her pictures turned out like that. But, you'd think Angela of all people would know that it's not the easiest thing in the world to get a child to smile under the circumstances. I have to admit that it rubbed me the wrong way when she was showing that it's easy to get Rosie to smile. Obviously it's easy for Angela to get her to smile, she's her mother. That's all I'll say on the matter.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

The thing is she's a photographer and has home school kids so why not just take your own pictures on your kids and have those be their school-yearly pictures. I did agree those pictures were horrible of sweet Rosie.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Return to “Q-Z”