Tannerites/YAWI

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tannerites/YAWI

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:31 pm I feel terrible about Polar but was it really necessary to film all the kids crying? That was a private moment that didn't need to be shared with the internet. Those poor kids.
Is that a normal family thing to ask small children to make the decision to kill the family pet? "Who wants Polar to keep suffering?"......give me a freaking break Johnny. If you really feel the need to include your kids, tell them the decision you have already made and why, then let them voice their feelings. Psychologically manipulating them into announcing their "vote to kill" is despicable. Where I am from, parents are always responsible for life and death decisions of the family members in their care. Euthanizing is also at the recommendation of a vet, not a child.

It all just seems so unbelievably manipulative and solely for dramatic vlog content. I felt particularly bad for Savannah who "made the decision" to euthanize him at home, while all the older kids rightfully refused. I have never seen parents try to pawn off such an emotional and difficult adult responsibility on their kids like these Mormon YT families. 8 Passengers claimed to take a family vote on how to dispose of their dog too, yet their 7/8 yr old still felt angry about the decisions. He wrote his toy pig a letter saying that he would "never kill him". So what is the point of dragging them into a decision that has already been made?

These people seem to have just as little compassion for their children, as they do their pets. Thankfully Az's brain injury wasn't worse, because I could now imagine Johnny lecturing Danielle at his bedside, telling her she had to decide if she was going to pull the plug (camera zooms in to catch tears rolling down her cheeks). I really hope someone is close to setting laws to protect children from being exploited on social media. Vlogs like this remind me that real children (and animals) are being harmed in the filming of these videos......
Bekkaz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bekkaz »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 am
thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:31 pm I feel terrible about Polar but was it really necessary to film all the kids crying? That was a private moment that didn't need to be shared with the internet. Those poor kids.
Is that a normal family thing to ask small children to make the decision to kill the family pet? "Who wants Polar to keep suffering?"......give me a freaking break Johnny. If you really feel the need to include your kids, tell them the decision you have already made and why, then let them voice their feelings. Psychologically manipulating them into announcing their "vote to kill" is despicable. Where I am from, parents are always responsible for life and death decisions of the family members in their care. Euthanizing is also at the recommendation of a vet, not a child.
OMFG! Was that what actually happened? I don't watch their vlogs any more. You are 100% right that it is not a discussion or decision for children. Imagine if the kids said "no, we won't want him to die" but the parents had him PTS anyway....that would show the parents completely discredit their childrens' ideas.
It should have been "Polar is suffering and it's not fair on him. He's an old dog who has lived a good and long life but now it's time for him to go to a better place (I guess Heaven given they are religious) where he won't be in pain any more. Say good bye to him before we take him to the vet (personally, given Polar's condition it should be a house call)"
That's it. If they want to be in the room after Polar has had the injection, then that's ok. Just as it's ok if they don't want to be.
Mind you, Polar should have been PTS at least a year ago if not 2 years ago!
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bekkaz wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:55 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 am
OMFG! Was that what actually happened? I don't watch their vlogs any more. You are 100% right that it is not a discussion or decision for children. Imagine if the kids said "no, we won't want him to die" but the parents had him PTS anyway....that would show the parents completely discredit their childrens' ideas.
It should have been "Polar is suffering and it's not fair on him. He's an old dog who has lived a good and long life but now it's time for him to go to a better place (I guess Heaven given they are religious) where he won't be in pain any more. Say good bye to him before we take him to the vet (personally, given Polar's condition it should be a house call)"
That's it. If they want to be in the room after Polar has had the injection, then that's ok. Just as it's ok if they don't want to be.
Mind you, Polar should have been PTS at least a year ago if not 2 years ago!
I am admittedly paraphrasing, but I refuse to give them another view to clarify the exact words used. I guess Johnny wasn't getting the response he wanted for the vlog, because there was a clear moment where he starts getting into "do we want him to die scared and alone in a cold room?" and "who wants Polar to keep suffering?", which completely changes the tone and intent of the conversation. You are making me wonder if some of the kids voted for a natural death, and that is why Johnny got so aggressive and manipulative with them. There are close-ups of each child being questioned on their "decision" too. Truly awful. At least he manipulated them into a home visit from the vet which I agree is best for Polar.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Gossip_Girl »

Lolislol26 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:20 am
Lolislol26 wrote:Is it funny to anyone else that the Tannerites channel has hit a million subscribers and the Yawi family isn’t even at 400K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonny has them up playing with the air horn after midnight on a school night. Also, Savannah was sleeping in Canyon’s bed with him. Also! Wtf happened to everyone’s bed? Why are all of the mattresses on the floor?
They got new carpet installed and their walls painted while they were out of town. They put the mattresses out on the floor because they got home in the middle of the night. It does seem like the mattresses have been on the floor for awhile now though. They said the paint smell was too strong to sleep in and they might be getting new bed frames. I thought they said that they weren't going to allow Savannah to sleep in Canyon's bed anymore? Will Canyon still be doing this in a few years? I don't think Canyon takes what they say seriously because so often they don't follow through.

I would hate to be their neighbors. Hopefully it's not too loud from outside the house.

I couldn't watch all of the Polar footage.These youtube families know no boundaries. Not everything has to be filmed.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Gossip_Girl wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:27 am
Lolislol26 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:20 am
Lolislol26 wrote:Is it funny to anyone else that the Tannerites channel has hit a million subscribers and the Yawi family isn’t even at 400K

Jonny has them up playing with the air horn after midnight on a school night. Also, Savannah was sleeping in Canyon’s bed with him. Also! Wtf happened to everyone’s bed? Why are all of the mattresses on the floor?
They got new carpet installed and their walls painted while they were out of town. They put the mattresses out on the floor because they got home in the middle of the night. It does seem like the mattresses have been on the floor for awhile now though. They said the paint smell was too strong to sleep in and they might be getting new bed frames. I thought they said that they weren't going to allow Savannah to sleep in Canyon's bed anymore? Will Canyon still be doing this in a few years? I don't think Canyon takes what they say seriously because so often they don't follow through.

I would hate to be their neighbors. Hopefully it's not too loud from outside the house.

I couldn't watch all of the Polar footage.These youtube families know no boundaries. Not everything has to be filmed.
Johnny is an idiot... I still strongly believe that he and Ruby from 8 Passengers would have made the perfect couple... both idiots, with stupid rules they backtrack on... both are also long-winded. Keeps kids up past midnight, on multiple occasions... and then gets mad when they are tired/crabby and/or get bad grades. Smart man! And No one was supposed to be sleeping with Canyon anymore... his fish nightlight was supposed to stop all of that. :? Did a real good job. Maybe saying "NO" and meaning it could stop all of that.

I hope if the neighbors hear it... they call the cops for the noise :P

I started crying, when they were talking about Polar... and I tuned out. Jeffree Star posted a video today about losing one of his beloved dogs... and he didn't do what Yawi and 8Pass did. He made a memorial to her... and it was sweet, I did cry... but, I always cry with things like that. with Polar, I was bawling my eyes out... I don't understand how they could post that, especially showing their kids so upset. Some people will do anything for a buck, others have tact.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
NellieNovember
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NellieNovember »

I saw a comment that asked if they were moving and sure enough, their house is listed.
thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

NellieNovember wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 am I saw a comment that asked if they were moving and sure enough, their house is listed.
That's interesting. I wonder where they are going. Maybe they decided they needed a bigger house now that Branson's back and at this rate going to live with them forever since he has no job to support himself or college plans that we know of.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 am
NellieNovember wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 am I saw a comment that asked if they were moving and sure enough, their house is listed.
That's interesting. I wonder where they are going. Maybe they decided they needed a bigger house now that Branson's back and at this rate going to live with them forever since he has no job to support himself or college plans that we know of.
Hmmm. Is that why they are forcing the kids to sleep in the living room and didn't change the girl's nearly black painted bedroom when they had the chance? I can't wait to see how this turns out. How much is the house going for?
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 amHmmm. Is that why they are forcing the kids to sleep in the living room and didn't change the girl's nearly black painted bedroom when they had the chance? I can't wait to see how this turns out. How much is the house going for?
I would not have expected them to sell it. They seemed to like the house and it had enough room for all of them. I wonder what reason they will come up with. The house is listed for almost $500k and it shows well.
kiwi
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by kiwi »

Johnny gives me the creeps. I get very weird vibes from him and it makes me feel uneasy.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

skrt09 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:54 am
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 amHmmm. Is that why they are forcing the kids to sleep in the living room and didn't change the girl's nearly black painted bedroom when they had the chance? I can't wait to see how this turns out. How much is the house going for?
I would not have expected them to sell it. They seemed to like the house and it had enough room for all of them. I wonder what reason they will come up with. The house is listed for almost $500k and it shows well.
It will be interesting to see how quickly their house sells. I don’t think they will get $495 for it but I could be surprised. I don’t know much about where people want to live in Utah.
ThisIsMeCeej
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by ThisIsMeCeej »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:22 am
thealiengirlkathryn wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 am
Hmmm. Is that why they are forcing the kids to sleep in the living room and didn't change the girl's nearly black painted bedroom when they had the chance? I can't wait to see how this turns out. How much is the house going for?
So, Godly Johnny lied to the viewers, eh? He said they didn't paint the girls room, because they really liked that color. I knew something was weird, because what little girl actually enjoys that color? Unless they are depressed... they want something colorful... pink, purple, blue, green.. etc. tsk tsk Johnny!
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.”
iiarch
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by iiarch »

I find it kind of terrifying how easily you can find people's phone numbers, street addresses, etc. with one quick Google search. I hope these family vloggers realize how easy anyone can find where they live. I would never be so stupid to put my family in danger like that.
thealiengirlkathryn
Talker
Talker

Unread post by thealiengirlkathryn »

iiarch wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm I find it kind of terrifying how easily you can find people's phone numbers, street addresses, etc. with one quick Google search. I hope these family vloggers realize how easy anyone can find where they live. I would never be so stupid to put my family in danger like that.
It's absolutely terrifying. Not to mention, they regularly film the exterior of the kids' schools (signage included) so that's easily accessed information too. I wonder if that has anything to do with why they're moving. Maybe somebody's been harassing them or showing up uninvited.
I got cat class and I got cat style :HK:
Tizzy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tizzy »

A few months back Johnny said in a vlog that their application was approved and mentioned something about houses - I assumed at the time they were going to help Branson get a home or apartment. Then a few days ago Sarah said that the little kids wanted to say goodbye to their teachers as they’ll be attending a new school after summer because their current one is being rebuilt.

I’m not American so I don’t really understand the whole school district thing but from what I gather you can’t attend a school that’s not in your district?

They’ve most likely already purchased a new house and they’re waiting for the green light to move in.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

Tizzy wrote:A few months back Johnny said in a vlog that their application was approved and mentioned something about houses - I assumed at the time they were going to help Branson get a home or apartment. Then a few days ago Sarah said that the little kids wanted to say goodbye to their teachers as they’ll be attending a new school after summer because their current one is being rebuilt.

I’m not American so I don’t really understand the whole school district thing but from what I gather you can’t attend a school that’s not in your district?

They’ve most likely already purchased a new house and they’re waiting for the green light to move in.
You can apply to be accepted into another district but it’s hard to get into. You’re supposed to go to the schools in your district and that your home is zoned for.

Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

iiarch wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 pm I find it kind of terrifying how easily you can find people's phone numbers, street addresses, etc. with one quick Google search. I hope these family vloggers realize how easy anyone can find where they live. I would never be so stupid to put my family in danger like that.
I hope Johnny and Sarah are smart enough to buy their house under a LLC with a name unfamiliar to their audience. I don’t blame them for not using a LLC for their current house because they didn’t have a following when the house was purchased. Most people don’t use a LLC because they have no reason to hide the public record of their address. I have heard of people with past abusive relationships using a LLC so their abuser cannot find their new location. Celebrities also use trusts or company names to purchase their homes since if they didn’t anyone could find their address.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Gossip_Girl wrote:
I hope Johnny and Sarah are smart enough to buy their house under a LLC with a name unfamiliar to their audience. I don’t blame them for not using a LLC for their current house because they didn’t have a following when the house was purchased. Most people don’t use a LLC because they have no reason to hide the public record of their address. I have heard of people with past abusive relationships using a LLC so their abuser cannot find their new location. Celebrities also use trusts or company names to purchase their homes since if they didn’t anyone could find their address.
You can still find addresses through other public records, not who purchased the home.
Gossip_Girl
Talker
Talker

Lolislol26 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:37 am
Gossip_Girl wrote:
You can still find addresses through other public records, not who purchased the home.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Of course you can find any address. This doesn't mean you can find the owner of the home. There are many other public records but many aren't as easily accessible as a simple google search. LLC's and trust definitely help protect people. Not that anyone is interested in going to the Tanner's home but in cases where Youtubers have young fans showing up. They aren't going to be that smart to really dig for information. You can get voter registration records removed to hopefully make it more difficult to find ones address. There's a lot of steps one can take to make their address more difficult to find.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

It would be kind of cruel to move to a new school district with Allie in her last year of high school. I also thought it was awful to schedule Polar's "goodbye party" on Daniell's birthday, but I suppose if they are prepping to move into a new house, they might want to tie up all their loose ends quickly. The strange thing is the listing I saw said it was only 10 days old. Maybe they suddenly came across a property too good to refuse? Or can they not afford the mortgage anymore? So strange. I swear they were just installing a couple dozen can lights for filming.

Return to “Q-Z”