True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Lindquists

Unread post by TeachIT »

Nacholife wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:20 am
TeachIT wrote:
Notablogger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:28 am I am not interested in this series. I came for mommy content, not to see her as Barbara Walters.
I can’t imagine who IS interested in this series, besides Elle. There are plenty of great REAL journalists out there doing similar work. Is this something her viewers are asking for? Or just a new way she needs to reinvent herself?
I think it’s her way of trying to come up with original ideas and put herself apart from other mommy YouTubers, but we all know her ideas are usually a train wreck. Remember the chicks and wheels series ??! Lol.

She says so many things that she never follows through on because she realizes it won’t make her money or get her views, I remember once she talked about how she wanted to come up with her own journal to sell, with the layouts that she uses (so not original as so many influencers have done this already like Rachel Hollis for one). That never happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or her “ask the vet” series...
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Honestly, she reminds me of a stay at home mom who desperately tries MLMs. Elle will jump on ANYTHING that she thinks will make her a quick buck, even if it alienates her audience or even rips them off (*cough* essential wELLENess *cough* sleep training guide). Her bottom line is to MAKE MONEY so she can be a “mom boss,” enjoy a little fame, stoke her ego, and avoid a 9-5 job.

There’s nothing wrong with working from home OR being a SAHM but when you sustain it by selling free sample items on Facebook, hacking Insurance flood damage scams, selling low quality merch to rip off your fans, cheating your kids of their childhood for aesthetics, and selling yourself out to ANY brand that will sponsor you (even if it includes child labor) - at some point you have to ask yourself IS IT WORTH IT?
BeepBoop28
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BeepBoop28 »

TeachIT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm Honestly, she reminds me of a stay at home mom who desperately tries MLMs. Elle will jump on ANYTHING that she thinks will make her a quick buck, even if it alienates her audience or even rips them off (*cough* essential wELLENess *cough* sleep training guide). Her bottom line is to MAKE MONEY so she can be a “mom boss,” enjoy a little fame, stoke her ego, and avoid a 9-5 job.

There’s nothing wrong with working from home OR being a SAHM but when you sustain it by selling free sample items on Facebook, hacking Insurance flood damage scams, selling low quality merch to rip off your fans, cheating your kids of their childhood for aesthetics, and selling yourself out to ANY brand that will sponsor you (even if it includes child labor) - at some point you have to ask yourself IS IT WORTH IT?
100% I’ve felt for a long time that this wasn’t about ‘sharing her life’ or ‘establishing a community’ but really just about ways to try to earn money with little regard for where it’s coming from and why she thinks people want it. Like when she had the ‘like it to know it’ in order to see what her outfits were from.

With this last everyday extraordinary, it IS VERY disjointed so it seems she did edit herself out quite a bit except oddly she kept the screen on her face while her guest was talking near the end.

And for serving food - I disagree. It’s all about the perspective of the person serving. If you’re going there to feel better about yourself, then sure you’ll have that perspective.

Isn’t SERVING SUPPOSED to be about giving to someone ‘more powerful’ than you? Obviously in that atmosphere it’s different but, stereotypically speaking, lunch ladies/fast food employees/waiters aren’t seen as ‘better than’ I’m not against this guy’s message but - I don’t know- I had issues with his perspective.
Skinnie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Skinnie »

BeepBoop28 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:59 pm
TeachIT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:17 pm Honestly, she reminds me of a stay at home mom who desperately tries MLMs. Elle will jump on ANYTHING that she thinks will make her a quick buck, even if it alienates her audience or even rips them off (*cough* essential wELLENess *cough* sleep training guide). Her bottom line is to MAKE MONEY so she can be a “mom boss,” enjoy a little fame, stoke her ego, and avoid a 9-5 job.

100% I’ve felt for a long time that this wasn’t about ‘sharing her life’ or ‘establishing a community’ but really just about ways to try to earn money with little regard for where it’s coming from and why she thinks people want it. Like when she had the ‘like it to know it’ in order to see what her outfits were from.

With this last everyday extraordinary, it IS VERY disjointed so it seems she did edit herself out quite a bit except oddly she kept the screen on her face while her guest was talking near the end.

And for serving food - I disagree. It’s all about the perspective of the person serving. If you’re going there to feel better about yourself, then sure you’ll have that perspective.

Isn’t SERVING SUPPOSED to be about giving to someone ‘more powerful’ than you? Obviously in that atmosphere it’s different but, stereotypically speaking, lunch ladies/fast food employees/waiters aren’t seen as ‘better than’ I’m not against this guy’s message but - I don’t know- I had issues with his perspective.
Agree...I wonder if there were parts of that perspective of 'selfish service' excluded... I would imagine that many people are not in a financial position to give money to help others but can offer to volunteer their time (the most precious commodity)... it actually does not make sense in the context of this conversation either since apparently love is key(not i.e., $) so what better way to show love and caring than to invest time?

This video appears highly edited so maybe there are important parts missing(?).

I think it is quite obvious that the likelihood of Elle leaving her suburban community to go mingle with the 'downtrodden' is low--so this interview was a bit awkward. She obviously likes materialistic things (i.e., LV bag goals) and no longer speaks of the 'giving back campaign' so I really felt like there was a disconnect.
Nacholife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nacholife »

I was fully expecting her to chime in at the end with “Ive decide to make my next donation from the giving back fund to Sanctionary Toronto” or some other similar foundation, maybe directed specifically for women. Yet she’s still silent on the giving back fund. Hmmm, maybe she’s actually waiting to have a large charitable sum built up so she can post a “$10,000 giveaway!!” vlog but then wouldn’t she hint at this since it’s been almost a year? WHATS YOUR GAME PLAN ELLE.

BeepBoop28
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BeepBoop28 »

That would have actually been a really smart tie-in. But, those lip injections, second-hand LV bags, and west coast kids purchases aren’t buying themselves.

I think she’s over the giving back campaign. Maybe she’s assuming her regular tithing is sufficient? Who knows. I think the fact that the long-time supportive viewer demonstrated she selectively ignored her questions about the giving back campaign but immediately responded to the doterra order is proof she’s not really invested in it.

Maybe she felt it was too hard seeing all her ‘hard-earned’ money go somewhere else and decided she deserved something from it too? However, if she’s earning SO MUCH more than bigger you tubers, you’d think she’d have earned enough to donate by now. I wonder if those vlogs will suddenly go private too in an attempt to clean her image from these self-imposed obligations.
Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

Good lord Elle, return the Levi’s shirt to Dan; it does absolutely NOTHING for you!
Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

I’ve actually never noticed until today how little interaction there really is on Elle’s social platforms. 🤔
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Margie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm I’ve actually never noticed until today how little interaction there really is on Elle’s social platforms. 🤔
It’s because she deletes anything she doesn’t agree with and ignores anyone that isn’t complimenting her.
Nacholife
Informer
Informer

Margie wrote:I’ve actually never noticed until today how little interaction there really is on Elle’s social platforms. Image
In that “She’s on top” video she mentions that she’s so successful because she engages her audience, afterwards I noticed that in most of her posts and vlogs she asks a question like “comment below which shoes I should buy” etc

She totally misses the mark on this “engaging the audience” because she only asks mundane questions and usually related to something so unimportant like “should I get pink bows or gold bows”. She never asks any thought provoking, current news related, anything important really, opinions, etc. I only recall once where she asked something like “if you could change something about your past” or something along those lines.

okaythatlldo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by okaythatlldo »

I just need her to hurry up and have this baby already so she can stop acting like such a prize pig. She is the most obnoxious pregnant person OF ALL TIME.

Nacholife
Informer
Informer

Wow. I just read that #lettertomydaughter #letterstomydaughter post. She’s so ridiculous. She lied flat out by saying “I want to tell you”... about the journey to conceive her meanwhile we all know she ain’t telling her the WHOLE story hence the reason she deleted her marriage talk video.

And why does she keep highlighting the fact that “just because you weren’t born in a traditional way”, she’s referenced this a few times now . No one cares Elle how a baby is born. If you have an issue with it that’s between you and your God. Another commenter on here once said something that rang so true, that Elle only repeats things when she’s trying to convince herself. I think this is so true.

Then she says “it was an abundance of love from mommy and daddy that got you here at last”. Again, she’s trying to reconfirm to herself that she loves Dan soooo much. It also implies that others must be lacking in love if not conceiving. How can she be so oblivious to these insensitivities... oh wait, it’s because she never actually struggled with real infertility in the first place.

I also noticed that she’s okay with posting about Kyra from OKBaby like they are besties yet she’s left poor Anna in the wind. Seriously, someone who was actually your friend for a few years finally gets pregnant and you mention nothing ?!!

Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

Nacholife- preach it!!! Elle’s insensitivity is so rampant and obnoxious it makes me sick. I feel so sad for poor Anna... but maybe I shouldn’t I’m sure she’s better off without Elle!

And Elle really needs to not be pregnant, she is absolutely he most obnoxious and self absorbed pregnant lady ever! I hope her baby comes out a boy 😂 my friends cousin had two boys and her third was a girl (confirmed over 3 different ultrasounds 😬) and it ended up being a boy. It was sad for her, she was so set on a girl she handmade EVERYTHING and she had a hard time dealing with the disappointment, but I really wish people who were so fucking obnoxious over it like Elle would end up in situations like that
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Agreeeeeeeed. She acts SO smug and proud of herself for getting pregnant. Get over yourself, Elle. You weren’t infertile so this wasn’t a miracle. You hate your husband, never slept with him, and then couldn’t get pregnant. Shocker.

I love all the filters she has to use to not look like a swollen puffed can of biscuits. Her feet, holy moly. I’m waiting for miss-I-know-everything to tell us her 100% foolproof way to combat pregnancy swelling 🙄🙄🙄
Seriouslysweetie
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Seriouslysweetie »

At least her wrinkles caused by her undereye lipo is less noticeable now that she's puffy.

It's also annoying how she brags on her Insta stories how much dm's she gets. It's a low key humble brag to assure everyone that people love her enough to dm her.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Seriouslysweetie wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:37 pm At least her wrinkles caused by her undereye lipo is less noticeable now that she's puffy.

It's also annoying how she brags on her Insta stories how much dm's she gets. It's a low key humble brag to assure everyone that people love her enough to dm her.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
And honestly I call BS. I think it’s her way of stirring up brand interest.
Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

If the interaction she receives on her photo posts and videos is any indication of her DM’s... I think it’s very obvious that it’s probably the same 10 devoted ass kissers DM’ing her. But if she makes the statement out loud enough times, she might just convince herself that people love her and want to interact with her!
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Idk why it just occurred to me, but how creepy for her kids to start school and their birth vlogs be posted on YouTube (and potty/bath moments, their mom discussing all the details of their lives, etc). Kinda creepy if you really think about it.
Nacholife
Informer
Informer

TeachIT wrote:Idk why it just occurred to me, but how creepy for her kids to start school and their birth vlogs be posted on YouTube (and potty/bath moments, their mom discussing all the details of their lives, etc). Kinda creepy if you really think about it.
YUP. She’ll be deleting more videos that’s for sure. Especially the ones where Forde acts all weird.

sisee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sisee »

Do you think she's aware this gravy train is at end of line? She has bought herself maybe 2 more years with this baby don't you think? Not to mention there's probably 100 new Mommy vloggers every day. No shortage of competition. The last insta story I watched was her debating whether to use cold or warm water for laundry. :zz:

I'd be so effing bored out of my mind if I were them.

All these Mom vloggers are becoming one trick ponies. Amandamuse posted yet another Age Gap video. "Tee hee, they all thought he was my father" Like yeah, I get it, you have Daddy issues. Thank you, NEXT.

Return to “Q-Z”