The Lindquists

okaythatlldo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Lindquists

Unread post by okaythatlldo »

Just watched her baby clothing haul...she holds up an outfit and says “tell me your ovaries are not exploding right now.” Super sensitive to her FRIENDS and followers who are still struggling to conceive, and to those newer followers who may have found her channel via the fertility vlogs.

Also don’t understand why she spends a few minutes at the beginning talking about how they chose muted neutral colours, but everything she bought is full on pink with ruffles? Who cares if you bought pink for your baby girl, Elle! Just own it! Stop all the gaslighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriouslysweetie
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Seriouslysweetie »

okaythatlldo wrote:Just watched her baby clothing haul...she holds up an outfit and says “tell me your ovaries are not exploding right now.” Super sensitive to her FRIENDS and followers who are still struggling to conceive, and to those newer followers who may have found her channel via the fertility vlogs.

Also don’t understand why she spends a few minutes at the beginning talking about how they chose muted neutral colours, but everything she bought is full on pink with ruffles? Who cares if you bought pink for your baby girl, Elle! Just own it! Stop all the gaslighting.

She also selected the whole family's colour scheme from day 1. Good luck to her when the kids are older and want to make their own choices. But yeah it seems like there is way too much pink for it to be muted colour aesthetic.

Also she said her sister in law is still a Doula but she's not using her anymore? What is up with that.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

starstoshame
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by starstoshame »

If it's correct that her sister-in-law and Dan's brother live so close by, and she didn't even know her SIL is still working as a doula, it's clear that they had some kind of falling out.
Orangeorchid
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Orangeorchid »

Seriously though... the fact that she has a strict “neutrals only esthetic” it’s effing crazy. Who does that? I like neutrals for myself too but if my daughter wants a hot pink t-shirt I don’t say “no sweetie that doesn’t fit our family esthetic” LOL. I remember in one of the old vlogs she was complaining that kids toys were always made with disgusting bright colours (or something along those lines). She is so strange.

okaythatlldo wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:56 am Just watched her baby clothing haul...she holds up an outfit and says “tell me your ovaries are not exploding right now.” Super sensitive to her FRIENDS and followers who are still struggling to conceive, and to those newer followers who may have found her channel via the fertility vlogs.

TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

I think when her kids are old enough to decide what they want to wear she is going to be in for a rude awakening. I didn’t want my kid to like freaking paw patrol, we don’t watch it at home, and guess who is the world’s biggest fan? MY CHILD. ugh. And his aunt bought him a T-shirt with them on it. You can’t control a kid’s tastes!

Although... with her super controlling nature I wouldn’t be shocked if she flat out denies her kids things behind the scenes. Or doesn’t film them when they wear certain things or do certain things that don’t fit her aesthetic. It’s no wonder Dan’s family hates her, I’d be pissed to see a woman controlling my brother/nephew’s every move down to the color of their clothing.
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

I have a 7 yo niece that will not wear girly clothes or jeans. She lives in tract suits and sweats. My sister leaves her be because she is much more happy making her own choices and clothes are not that big of a deal. It lets her be a individual. She is a goofy kid but such a sweetheart.

It will be funny when these boys start making decisions for themselves and it doesn’t fit in with her style.

Notablogger
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Notablogger »

Did you notice how when she corrected herself about her sister in law being a doula it was like it was physically painful for her to admit that she was “wrong.” I guess she was surprised to find out her sister in law watches her videos and maybe was just giving that whole story about why she wasn’t using her again to shut up her critics. That backfired.

Who in the world has a family aesthetic???? Are you kidding me? Who the F cares if your child wants to wear neon clothes as long as they like it? My daughters are all about the cartoon tees and busy patterns. They’re kids. I’m sorry that might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard her say.

Second runner up was saying “are your ovaries screaming” to an audience of women struggling with infertility?
Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

Notablogger wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:51 am Did you notice how when she corrected herself about her sister in law being a doula it was like it was physically painful for her to admit that she was “wrong.” I guess she was surprised to find out her sister in law watches her videos and maybe was just giving that whole story about why she wasn’t using her again to shut up her critics. That backfired.

Who in the world has a family aesthetic???? Are you kidding me? Who the F cares if your child wants to wear neon clothes as long as they like it? My daughters are all about the cartoon tees and busy patterns. They’re kids. I’m sorry that might be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard her say.

Second runner up was saying “are your ovaries screaming” to an audience of women struggling with infertility?
Which video does she say her SiL isn’t a doula anymore?
I don’t want to have to watch them all to find it lol.

Also, can we all take a moment and thank the powers that be that she finally got the fucking hint about her bloody power brows that she was sporting for the longest time?! She could still do with a tidy up of the stray hairs around her brows, but thank god she’s not dying them practically black! That was the most horrendous unnatural look I have ever seen. I wonder what finally made her change that. She got so much flack in the comments for SO LONG about that, I’m surprised she didn’t change sooner. I’m actually surprised that she even sported that look. Hat goes to show how crap her taste is 😂
Notablogger
Informer
Informer

The latest pregnancy update and girl clothing haul. It’s at the very beginning.

Omg the brows. Do you guys know I couldn’t watch her in the beginning because I found her hard to look at? I was like “does she know they look like this? Is this on purpose?” I kept seeing her pop up in my feed because I followed the other Canadian bloggers/vloggers. I believe once I heard her say or read in the comments that she was going for the game of thrones look?

Anyways I eventually started giving her a chance when she realeased those my story videos.
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Lol so I watched the clothing haul. Well up til the mid video commercial because who has time for that. Call me crazy but I just bought clothes for my kid. I didn’t plan out the exact number I needed of each style/piece. I sure as hell didn’t plan a color scheme. They are babies. Nobody cares what they wear and they sleep the first 3 months anyway. Talk about a control freak.
ForeverGauc01
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ForeverGauc01 »

I definitely have an “aesthetic” if you will for my daughter. I think she looks cute in pastels and muted tones, but she’s 7 months old. The second she shows any desire to pick out her own clothes, you better believe I’m going to throw out my own opinions and let her get what she wants.
It’s weird that she thinks dressing a girl is going to be SOOOO much different than dressing a boy. I can gaurentee she’ll hate all those dresses and rompers. My daughter was born in July, and all I put her in were plain onesies and sometimes pants, when it wasn’t 500000 degrees. I hated those “outfit” style things. I used them because I wanted to get use out of everything we had.. but I always prayed she shat through it so I could change her lol

Her fucking camel toe and saddle bag hips are out in full force in that video. *gag*

TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

I cannot believe her lack of shame in showing off that camel toe. She frequently leaves the house in skin tight, up the hoohah leggings and short shirts. No, mama.

Lest we not forget her favorite camel toe onesie/pj thing that she couldn’t stop raving about.
ForeverGauc01 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:03 pm I definitely have an “aesthetic” if you will for my daughter. I think she looks cute in pastels and muted tones, but she’s 7 months old. The second she shows any desire to pick out her own clothes, you better believe I’m going to throw out my own opinions and let her get what she wants.
It’s weird that she thinks dressing a girl is going to be SOOOO much different than dressing a boy. I can gaurentee she’ll hate all those dresses and rompers. My daughter was born in July, and all I put her in were plain onesies and sometimes pants, when it wasn’t 500000 degrees. I hated those “outfit” style things. I used them because I wanted to get use out of everything we had.. but I always prayed she shat through it so I could change her lol

Her fucking camel toe and saddle bag hips are out in full force in that video. *gag*

Skinnie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Skinnie »

starstoshame wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:18 am If it's correct that her sister-in-law and Dan's brother live so close by, and she didn't even know her SIL is still working as a doula, it's clear that they had some kind of falling out.
SO AWKWARD!
There was a previous video where Elle said she was sad not to have her SIL as a doula since she was not doing it any more....but now she is??? This seems plainly like Elle was caught in a lie and just tried to gloss over it.

I also remember during her infertility journey she had mentioned how she and Dan were okay with IUI but not i.e. IVF. At the time she did not go further as to why but suggested maybe she would address it another time. She didn't. When someone followed up and asked in the comments she plainly said the reason was financial. I call bs. I think that was just easier than exposing any of HER real views in case her audience had different views.
This is what I have come to like least about Elle: she is not authentic and genuine despite claiming otherwise. She is not vulnerable because she cannot handle all that comes with being open and truly honest. I prefer REAL people who do not hide behind a carefully calculated and curated facade.
Skinnie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Skinnie »

Yay, today's video is an ad for life insurance from RBC!!!
I guess RBC is making its rounds among youtubers... I do not mind sponsored content; but I wish it had to be indicated upfront in the title i.e., "ad"... otherwise I stop watching the video cause I find this type of marketing repulsive. Don't try to pretend I am not watching a commercial when I watch this nonesense disguised as a 'chat'.
Seriouslysweetie
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Seriouslysweetie »

Skinnie wrote:Yay, today's video is an ad for life insurance from RBC!!!
I guess RBC is making its rounds among youtubers... I do not mind sponsored content; but I wish it had to be indicated upfront in the title i.e., "ad"... otherwise I stop watching the video cause I find this type of marketing repulsive. Don't try to pretend I am not watching a commercial when I watch this nonesense disguised as a 'chat'.
It is very repulsive and very misleading. I watched half of it and 1. There was no cleaning. 2. It was barely a chat and more of a preachy ad. At least make a personal story to it. The only personal segway to the ad was mentioning that her and her sister was chatting about insurance the last time they were over.

I've seen lots of sponsored content on YouTube that was done well where the content was still entertaining and the ad made sense with the topic/theme of the video.

I find all of Elle's sponsored videos/post are poorly done. Maybe because her content is lacking in the first place.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Notablogger
Informer
Informer

Did anyone see the latest Instagram post? Why do I find pictures or videos of them being affectionate so forced and cringey?

See for yourself I guess.
TeachIT
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by TeachIT »

Notablogger wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:31 pm Did anyone see the latest Instagram post? Why do I find pictures or videos of them being affectionate so forced and cringey?

Awkward. And it’s an ad. So weird.
Nacholife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nacholife »

Elle’s sponsored ad videos are so poorly done, like she doesn’t even care how poor the sound quality is.

Skinnie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Skinnie »

TeachIT wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:36 pm
Notablogger wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:31 pm Did anyone see the latest Instagram post? Why do I find pictures or videos of them being affectionate so forced and cringey?

Awkward. And it’s an ad. So weird.
THIS is next level cringey. Yuck!
Showing natural, unstaged affection/love: not so much...but an RBC ad: let's go all out!
Well, whatever gets her blood flowing I guess...to each and everyone's own.
Margie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Margie »

Hahaha, the only reason for her to show affection to her husband- for an ad she’s being paid for 😂

Also, wtf is with today’s video?! I though they had to declare that it was an ad? It’s so forced. She’s so pathetic. I actually can’t get over how much I dislike her. I have been watching her for much longer than I care to admit... like 5 years roughly. She seems to be getting worse as time goes on. I don’t know what it is.

Return to “Q-Z”