Go To Meal.

subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Go To Meal.

Unread post by subject99 »

What is your go to meal!?

For example, my go to meal is always Shrimp Alfredo. My kids love it, I love it. My family loves when I make it. I have this once a week. Another one for my kids and I is breakfast for dinner. Love doing sunny side up eggs with bacon and toast.

If people like other peoples go to meals ask them for the recipe :)
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Go To Meal.

Unread post by blackbetty »

When it gets cold out, I make chicken and noodles, chili, or tortilla soup mmmmm.
#FreeBen
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was hoping someone would post chicken noodle soup. How do you make yours? My son loves Swiss Chalet soup.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by strawberries »

SO wants chicken alfredo, chicken enchiladas, or tacos. All. The. Time. I used to love eating them at first but now it feels like a chore! Still love it on occasion but he honestly never will get tired of those 3 things. My favorite meals would have to be:

http://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/2011 ... lic-sauce/

http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogs ... a.html?m=1

So easy & delish. I'd honestly make seafood all the time if he'd let me but alas he isn't a fan.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Haha I will give the cheating way to make it cause I don't wanna go find the from scratch recipe right now.

Get a big pot and boil some chicken breasts in water (it can even still be frozen). You can also cheat and shred a rotisserie chicken but I usually use boneless skinless organic chicken breast. Sometimes I will add some chicken bouillon to the water but not always. It will float when it's done. Then take the chicken out, cut off the fat (really easy when it's cooked) then cut chicken up in small pieces and put back in pot (I usually do .5-.75", just little bite size pieces, they will break down more).

Sometimes I make noodles from scratch but other times I just use frozen egg noodles. I use Reames, about 24 oz of noodles. Idk if they have them outside the US, any frozen egg noodle should work though, or dumplings. Cook til they are done (reames take about 20-30 mins) stirring occasionally. You can also add veggies with the noodles if you want. I like to add carrots and peas and celery, sometimes even potatoes. Corn would probably be good too. When the noodles/veggies are done, I add a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of cream of celery soup. It's such a big pot of soup that it doesn't add a ton of calories per serving (not sure what the counts are). It makes it all a little thicker and smoother. We live in the Midwest so soup around here is a full meal haha. It's really thick and chunky but it tastes sooo good. It is incredible leftover too. Mmmm. You can add salt and pepper to taste or whatever you like to give it a kick. We usually make ours on the blander side (though it has a good chicken flavor) and season our own bowls as I don't really like to give my kids extra salt and they don't like pepper/spiciness.
#FreeBen
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

strawberries wrote:SO wants chicken alfredo, chicken enchiladas, or tacos. All. The. Time. I used to love eating them at first but now it feels like a chore! Still love it on occasion but he honestly never will get tired of those 3 things. My favorite meals would have to be:

http://www.julieseatsandtreats.com/2011 ... lic-sauce/

http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogs ... a.html?m=1

So easy & delish. I'd honestly make seafood all the time if he'd let me but alas he isn't a fan.
</drools!> I am soooo making THESE!!! Thanks for the links!
I love seafood as well. My son picks out all the shrimp first then ask for more hahaha. Sadly my daughter doesn't like shrimp. She likes tilapia and haddock.
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh, do you guys want a recipe for quick "cheater lasagna"?

My family loves lasagna but it takes forever to put together and dirties so many dishes so we put together kind of a cheating recipe for it.

Make some spaghetti noodles, spray a deep casserole dish with nonstick spray. Drain the noodles and put them in the pan. Make whatever sauce you like for lasagna.... Or use canned with whatever meat you like - we use ground beef. You could also omit the meat but you might want a thicker sauce.

Mix together either 1 cup of ricotta cheese or one cup of cottage cheese with an egg and 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix this mixture in with the noodles. (I fold it all together with a spatula) and pat down in the dish. Pour the sauce on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 mins covered then 5-10 mins uncovered til the cheese is bubbly. Super easy, prep as fast as spaghetti, and yummy.
#FreeBen
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

blackbettybamf wrote:Haha I will give the cheating way to make it cause I don't wanna go find the from scratch recipe right now.

Get a big pot and boil some chicken breasts in water (it can even still be frozen). You can also cheat and shred a rotisserie chicken but I usually use boneless skinless organic chicken breast. Sometimes I will add some chicken bouillon to the water but not always. It will float when it's done. Then take the chicken out, cut off the fat (really easy when it's cooked) then cut chicken up in small pieces and put back in pot (I usually do .5-.75", just little bite size pieces, they will break down more).

Sometimes I make noodles from scratch but other times I just use frozen egg noodles. I use Reames, about 24 oz of noodles. Idk if they have them outside the US, any frozen egg noodle should work though, or dumplings. Cook til they are done (reames take about 20-30 mins) stirring occasionally. You can also add veggies with the noodles if you want. I like to add carrots and peas and celery, sometimes even potatoes. Corn would probably be good too. When the noodles/veggies are done, I add a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of cream of celery soup. It's such a big pot of soup that it doesn't add a ton of calories per serving (not sure what the counts are). It makes it all a little thicker and smoother. We live in the Midwest so soup around here is a full meal haha. It's really thick and chunky but it tastes sooo good. It is incredible leftover too. Mmmm. You can add salt and pepper to taste or whatever you like to give it a kick. We usually make ours on the blander side (though it has a good chicken flavor) and season our own bowls as I don't really like to give my kids extra salt and they don't like pepper/spiciness.
Excellent! Thank you! I am saving this.
After you make this do you freeze some for later?
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

subject99 wrote:
blackbettybamf wrote:Haha I will give the cheating way to make it cause I don't wanna go find the from scratch recipe right now.

Excellent! Thank you! I am saving this.
After you make this do you freeze some for later?
You could I'm sure! I cook for a large family so we usually just eat leftovers in the next day or so and it's all gone.

My boyfriend did make this for himself though the other day. He used 2 chicken breasts, 12 oz of noodles, and a half can of each soup and froze the other half can for his next batch. Still made a ton of soup. He had tons leftover. For a smaller family than mine (5 adults, 3 kids when everyone is over) that would prob be enough. When we make it for 8 there is at least enough for 5 of us to eat it leftover. Lol.
#FreeBen
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

C'mon no one else has recipes? You get brownie points from me if you guys post food, I promise.
pghmom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pghmom »

This isn't a meal, more my go to cheater single serving desert. I was just reading here and thought I'd share, the cheater lasagna inspired me to lol. It's cake in a bowl or mug. That you microwave. I usually go with carrot.

4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Brown sugar
2 tablespoons grated carrot
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon applesauce
1 egg
Pinch of ground nutmeg and a dash of ground
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt

Say you wanted chocolate cake, exclude the Brown sugar and do 4 tablespoons regular sugar. No carrots, nutmeg, clove or applesauce. Add 1 tablespoon cocoa powder and you can keep or exclude the cinnamon.

Mix together and microwave in 30 second incriments until cooked. Depending on your microwave you might need to do 1 minute increments.

While it cooks I make a fast cream cheese icing because well... I'm a glutton when it comes to cake.
2 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar.
Mix till smooth. Makes enough icing for two single cakes. I actually usually just have icing on hand from when I bake. Gotta love leftover icing lol
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Just got my December issue of All You. Here everyone, feast with your eyes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

& of course it's sideways. Lol.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So my son keeps asking me to make him banana muffins.

I told him we don't have bananas. He looks at me and says " mum you're silly" and grabs a banana and walks away.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Breakfast for dinner, which usually includes pancakes or French toast (sometimes cut into sticks), bananas with honey & cinnamon, and an omelet.

I also love making homemade Hamburger Helper (Google farm girl gourmet's version of cheeseburger mac, although I'd suggest cutting down on the chili powder unless you REALLY like spice) and baked chicken Parmesan. My hubby's favorite meal is broiled/grilled steak, new potatoes (the little round ones) with parsley & garlic, and asparagus. We try to have a meat/starch/veggie in every meal I cook.

Another popular one here is fried rice with chicken or beef. We also love quesadillas with cilantro lime rice and corn as a meal.

Lastly, I have a recipe for macaroni & cheese that I stand by as the BEST stuff ever, so I usually pair that with chicken or pork chops and some sort of a vegetable (usually green beans or peas).
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
megbabe07
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by megbabe07 »

Oatmeal is the easiest thing to do in the morning. I put some rolled oats to a Mason Jar and pour some almond milk to it. I also top it with raspberries and blueberries and bring a wooden spoon to eat it. Mason jar are very useful and cute for go to breakfast or snacks.
h3llo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by h3llo »

megbabe07 wrote:Oatmeal is the easiest thing to do in the morning. I put some rolled oats to a Mason Jar and pour some almond milk to it. I also top it with raspberries and blueberries and bring a wooden spoon to eat it. Mason jar are very useful and cute for go to breakfast or snacks.
Put it in the fridge over night it taste soooo good in the morning.
deviswolowitz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by deviswolowitz »

My Diet Plan :

1. Drink Water, Especially Before Meals
2. Eat Eggs For Breakfast
3. Drink Coffee (Preferably Black)
4. Drink Green Tea
5. Cook With Coconut Oil
6. Take a Glucomannan Supplement
7. Cut Back on Added Sugar
8. Eat Less Refined Carbs
9. Go on a Low Carb Diet
10. Exercise Portion Control or Count Calories
11. Do Aerobic Exercise
12. Eat More Vegetables and Fruits
13. Get Good Sleep
14. Don’t Drink Calories, Including Sugary Soda and Fruit Juices
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Don't do low carb. Your body NEEDS carbs, the body uses carbohydrates for energy. Food is fuel and cutting or restricting food groups is bad for your system. It's all about what carbs you eat (so obviously not white bread, pasta, rice etc) and not eating a butt load of them. If you have a nice mix of carbs, proteins & fats (your macronutrients) as well as a nice mix of your micronutrients (fibre and vitamins etc) than weight loss and good health will follow.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I eat anything, everything can be my go to meal. I'm willing to try anything once. But I guess the thing I will go for first is a cheese, champagne ham and tomato toastie with salt and pepper.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.

Return to “Recipe Sharing”