Smoothies.

subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Smoothies.

Unread post by subject99 »

Does anyone make smoothies?
Share what kind of smoothies you guys make, can be anything from vegetable, fruit, or added protein smoothies.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Smoothies.

Strawberry banana smoothie. If anyone has or heard of the store Orange Julies I made this to taste like a strawberry and banana fruit smoothie from there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

My go to post workout smoothie is banana, spinach leaves, honey, almond milk & vanilla protein powder. Sometimes I add strawberries.
I need to be more adventurous and try different flavours though lol.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Confusedchick127 »

subject99 wrote:Strawberry banana smoothie. If anyone has or heard of the store Orange Julies I made this to taste like a strawberry and banana fruit smoothie from there.
I LOVE Orange Julius! But the one in my town is seasonal, along with the Dairy Queen. As soon as it opens in spring, I'm heading over to get one. My biggest craving this summer while I was pregnant was the strawberry smoothies, along with mac and cheese. Lol
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Really? A DQ seasonal I've never heard of that before hahahaha where are you located (no need for direct pin point just country I can get an idea from there). All of ours are open all year round :). I didn't know DQ did max and cheese either. Our DQs have delicious onion rings though mmmm and chili dogs.
guestgue
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by guestgue »

I actually never knew that DQs stayed open year round until I moved to the city I'm in now. In my hometown there's 4 or 5 DQs and all are seasonal, so I was absolutely astounded when I found out that the ones in the city are open year round.
“There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers

[email protected]
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Oh dq doesn't do mac and cheese, I usually craved homemade Mac and cheese. Lol
I live in the us, usually the smaller ones where you don't go inside are seasonal. I've seen it more so in northern states then southern. I'm in CT and most of the ones I've seen are seasonal. When I lived in FL they were open year round, it just depends on the dq.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

We have raspberry canes at our beach house so every summer collect bags and bags of them and freeze them. We also have an apricot tree, nectarine tree and peach tree here in the back yard. We don't spray with pesticides so the fruit that comes off generally has to be cut up to avoid the bad bits - perfect for throwing in a smoothie.

My daughter is a fussy eater at breakfast time so I usually make her a smoothie. Handful of frozen raspberries, banana, whatever fruit I need to use in the fruit bowl (ie apricot, peach, nectarine), handful of raw oats, scoop of ice cream or yogurt and milk.

Of course, that is the summer recipe. In winter, I generally just stick to banana, raspberries and strawberries.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh I never thought of raspberries smoothies. I will have to check Pinterest for some or unless you got done handy! Mmmm apricot smoothie sounds amazing right now.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

I don't actually use a recipe, just more of a throw in what I have handy. It's different every time. Lol
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh, I am one of those meticulous type of people and with working in a kitchen in a hotel for a while plus working in a hotel I like following recipes teehee.
Confusedchick127
Talker
Talker

Now I want a smoothie. Lol
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

At my last job they made these great smoothies. One had mango, cucumber, kale, coconut and other greens. Yum-o.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

My husband and I love to make avocado smoothies. Just 1 1/2 avocados, milk and sugar. And if you want, you can throw a banana in too.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Chevbowlyn wrote:My husband and I love to make avocado smoothies. Just 1 1/2 avocados, milk and sugar. And if you want, you can throw a banana in too.
What are the benefits of avocados for us?
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

subject99 wrote:
Chevbowlyn wrote:My husband and I love to make avocado smoothies. Just 1 1/2 avocados, milk and sugar. And if you want, you can throw a banana in too.
What are the benefits of avocados for us?
It's just a smoothie that taste good; not for health reasons. I mainly make it for my children since avocados are high in good fat and my children are picky eaters.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Just got the ingredients for coconut mango smoothie for tonight :) mmmmmmmmm! I bloody loooooove coconut. Seriously! Coconut everything.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Mango coconut smoothie :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megbabe07
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by megbabe07 »

Strawberry kiwi is the best smoothie for me it has the sweet fruity taste and it really brighten my day because of the strawberry. It also makes creamier when you use or add yogurt or almond milk. I also love how the kiwi adds twist to the taste of the strawberries. Strawberry and kiwi smoothie is great for snack.
Lillian_Dillard
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lillian_Dillard »

Banana

Blend 2 bananas, 1/2 cup each vanilla yogurt and milk, 2 teaspoons honey, a pinch of cinnamon and 1 cup ice.

Return to “Recipe Sharing”