What's for supper?

Medic

What's for supper?

Unread post by Medic »

I need some ideas so what's everyone having for supper?
I thought this could be an interesting topic to start, you can post what you are having for supper and other people can get ideas from you. And you can share the recipe if you'd like.
We had boneless buffalo chicken bites last night they were really good http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2014/01/ ... es-recipe/

And currently trying this caramel recipe I saw on facebook where you just place an unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in the slow cooker completely submerged in water on low for 8 hours then you let it cool in the fridge and its supposed to be the best caramel ever. If it works im going to dip apple slices in it for dessert.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: What's for supper?

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Ooo, I love the idea of this thread...we are having left over homemade soup and bread, tomato hamburger soup with all the ingredients (minus the beef) coming from my garden!

Although I wish we were having a casserole of some sort, I love casseroles, but unfortunately I wont be home from work early enough tonight to manage that.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I made chicken, roasted potatoes, and corn for hubby tonight (don't kill me that I used corn, it's the Jess vegetable :lol: we got tired of green beans and peas :P )

Chicken recipe -
1/2 tsp each salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika

Put spices in a bowl and mix together. Rub on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Roasted potatoes recipe -
1 tbsp oil (we use sunflower oil but you can use whatever)
1/2 tsp each garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, and salt
2-3 large potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes

Toss potatoes in oil and seasonings, then transfer to a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

Kabobs... Steak (don't even recall what cut), onions, green peppers, tomatoes, jalapeños, whatever other vegetable you want. Grill it. Some had rice, I cut the veggies up and mixed it up with some spinach and it was rockin.
#FreeBen
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

Caramel recipe worked! Thinking of roasted carrot soup for supper tonight with some rolls.
I really need to organize my pinterest recipe section.
http://goop.com/recipes/detox/roasted-a ... arrot-soup
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I was going to make a green smoothie last night, but I got home late, so I ate some dates, an apple, some strawberries, raw "hummus" (zucchini, pumpkin seeds, sundried tomato, garlic, lime juice) with rainbow carrots....hmm, I think that's it. I felt so satiated when I went to bed, though.

I eat mostly raw foods these days.
Last edited by fossilfinger on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Does anyone have a good lasagna recipe? Trying to make it on Saturday.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ok you lovely ladies, I am at a loss for dinner tonight, give me some ideas! Please! Keep in mind I don't get home from work until 5:30 so nothing that takes hours and hours haha...
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

jodilo88 wrote:Does anyone have a good lasagna recipe? Trying to make it on Saturday.

I just wing it, its always a bit different but Ive never had any complaints from anyone Ive served it to!
I use the instant noodles, you just bake them no pre-cooking them or anything so its really fast.
1 box of the oven ready lasagna noodles
1 pound ground beef
1 onion
1 green/red pepper
fresh mushrooms (Ive used canned too, works fine)
1 jar black olives, sliced
1 bottle of spaghetti sauce (whichever you like, I use homemade that has been previously canned)
1 bottle of tomatoes and the juice
some shredded cheese, I typically use sharp cheddar, that's what my family likes

I bake mine in a 9x13 pan, to start with cook the ground beef, onion, and mushrooms in a frying pan, I chop the veggies fairly small.
Mix the sauce and tomatoes with their juice in a bowl, place a small portion on the bottom of the 9x13 pan, just enough to coat the bottom
1 layer of noodles, 1 layer of beef/veggies, 1 layer of sauce, 1 layer of cheese....continue until youre out of noodles/your pan is full.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
I then take the foil off and set the oven to broil to get the top layer of cheese really yummy, but that's optional!!

There are a million and one ways to make lasagna, some use different cheeses, spinach, ect, really just depends on what your guests like!

Good luck !
Medic

Unread post by Medic »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Ok you lovely ladies, I am at a loss for dinner tonight, give me some ideas! Please! Keep in mind I don't get home from work until 5:30 so nothing that takes hours and hours haha...
Stir fry maybe?

That's what I'm having tonight!
Chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and maybe corn. Then either teriyaki, butter chicken, or balsamic dressing as the sauce.

Try pinterest for ideas too just type into the search dinner or supper.

I'm going to have those potatoes you talked about jodilo (hope I got ur username right) they sound amazing!
megbabe07
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by megbabe07 »

I just make smoothies for dinner and I really like it. I add some nutmeg; cinnamon and chia seed to my pumpkin smoothies and it taste amazing. Pumpkin makes my smoothie so delicious and yummy it also reminds me of the holiday. I also love how chia seed is rich in protein and has omega 3.
Lillian_Dillard
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Lillian_Dillard »

CHICKEN AND BROCCOLI CASSEROLE RECIPE

Ingredients

1 package chicken stuffing mix
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed broccoli soup
2 cups chicken cooked and cubed
2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions.
Steam or cook broccoli until tender.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream and cooked broccoli.
Spread chicken mixture in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Top with prepared stuffing and sprinkle on cheese.
Bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.

Return to “Recipe Sharing”