• Advertisement

YTMD Pet Peeves

Forum rules
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!! This forum has it's own set of rules. We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information (address, phone number, etc).
3. No flaming or "boxing" with Admin or Moddies.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:42 pm

I said this in another forum, but the irony of coming here, judging us, calling us names, and saying that we're horrified people and shouldn't judge others or call them names, is not lost on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Stupid autocorrect. "Horrible", not "horrified". Although sometimes I am horrified-- like when Bryan tells the boys insulation is cotton candy...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby ferriswheel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 pm

It's been a while since we've been scolded for being horrible. Honestly I will never understand making an account just to tell everyone they are a bunch of meanies.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ferriswheel
True Gossiper

Postby Kish » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:00 am

Kish wrote:Public call out to the respective users in the currently active BritneyAndBaby thread who felt like it was acceptable to post the direct link to a woman’s private Facebook and Instagram profile, shared screenshots of status updates and photos of her, her son, and her former partner (a woman who has nothing to do with Britney at all, aside from B.’s ex-boyfriend liking her pictures), and who apparently did not have the foresight to realise that they were crossing a line

Okay, there was a spammer, the spammer has been banned – now what about this? The screenshots and reposted photos are still in the forum, and one user can report one single post only once (which I have done) …

I’m dwelling on this subject because some users on this website claim (and mostly rightfully so, I believe) that YouTubers are critically discussed on here because these YouTubers themselves immediately delete and block anything and anyone who doesn’t fawn all over them in their comments.
Sure, it occasionally spirals into speculations and theories about other things like romantical and family relationships and the possible troubles, but this doesn’t justify sharing pictures (among others bikini photos, and photos of the toddler son) of a third party whose photos have been Facebook-liked by the ex-partner of a vlogger – nothing more, nothing less.
Kish
Informer

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:31 pm

Is anyone else having problems getting onto YTMD? I keep getting a "too many users" message. Do they need to increase the server size again?
Interestingly, it seemed to coincide with the Bollie Brand launch...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:56 pm

I’m tired of maggielim (or whatever one of the 12 different names she has used now) on the Rachelle and Justin thread. The girl is crazy and you can obviously tell when it’s her coming back each time (“hi I’m new here but I just saw this thing on Twitter...”). I just casually read the thread but I swear every other day it’s being derailed by this girl! Who quickly likes to turn it around and claim whoever speaks out against her is fake/has multiple accounts and is trying to derail the tread. Girl, get a life!! You are a complete nut job!!
Tiger27
Gossiper

Postby MomOf286 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:02 am

Tiger27 wrote:I’m tired of maggielim (or whatever one of the 12 different names she has used now) on the Rachelle and Justin thread. The girl is crazy and you can obviously tell when it’s her coming back each time (“hi I’m new here but I just saw this thing on Twitter...”). I just casually read the thread but I swear every other day it’s being derailed by this girl! Who quickly likes to turn it around and claim whoever speaks out against her is fake/has multiple accounts and is trying to derail the tread. Girl, get a life!! You are a complete nut job!!

Yes its Completely changed the whole thread and we rarely mention r&j anymore. Im guilty of feeding into her drama because she just gets under my skin!
MomOf286
Gossiper

Postby Mousegirl913 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:29 pm

Dunno if this subject is still active but...when vloggers are running late so they sit there for 2,3 minutes explaining what they are Late to...
Mousegirl913
Wallflower

Postby Scar2016 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:52 am

Mousegirl913 wrote:Dunno if this subject is still active but...when vloggers are running late so they sit there for 2,3 minutes explaining what they are Late to...

It is SO ridiculous when they pull the camera out to explain why they're late, thus making them even MORE late. Especially when vloggers do this at the airport explaining they arrived late and vlog themselves running to their gate. Talk about counter productive, sheesh.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Support Moddie

Postby Mousegirl913 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:15 pm

I know right? It could work just as well if you got to the place and THEN started the vlog saying you were late....
Mousegirl913
Wallflower

Postby RecklessDisregard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am

It rubs me the wrong way when YTers say "Subscribe - It's Free!" Are there really people who think they need to pay just to sub a YT channel? Why would you even say this?

I also hate the muppet smile. All these YTers are looking more like Kermit the Frog (drag style) than normal adult parents.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby natalka81 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:13 am

My pet peeve with this site is the amount of comments people make about people's bodies. I just don't really get why that has to be fodder for 'gossip'. Even if the youtuber her/himself is a jerk, and even if s/he is nasty to others about their bodies, I still feel like there is just no reason to criticize something they may or may not be able to control. If it's an eating disorder, then it's a medical problem, if it's a lifestyle choice, laziness, another kind of medical condition, a physical deformity, or whatever else, I still feel like there's no reason to comment. In my opinion, the only thing that would warrant a comment about someone's body, would be if they got a racist tattoo on themselves or something like that, otherwise, I guess I feel like it's just a whole other ballgame. And it's even worse when they're kids. I sound holier than thou when I say this, I know, and I don't think YTMD members are jerks, I promise. I just wanted to vent. Hope that's okay in this section... I will shut up now :)
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby Junebug8+ » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
Junebug8+
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Junebug8+ wrote:I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
Not arguing, just curious, because I do have a special needs daughter, and can't hang with anyone using the R word--but how do you feel about people saying that a vlogger child needs speech therapy or a similar intervention? For instance, Ollie and Finn both need _something_. But if you suggest it on their social media, even nicely, you get blocked.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Junebug8+ » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:06 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Junebug8+ wrote:I'm really tired of some posters calling kids slow or dumb. Its also sad that some of these posters claim their child is autistic or have a niece/Nephew that's autistic, but don't hesitate to call a child stupid or the r word. They would be livid if someone called their child any of those names.
Not arguing, just curious, because I do have a special needs daughter, and can't hang with anyone using the R word--but how do you feel about people saying that a vlogger child needs speech therapy or a similar intervention? For instance, Ollie and Finn both need _something_. But if you suggest it on their social media, even nicely, you get blocked.

I don't mind people suggesting speech therapy etc. I just think it fucked up to call a kid the r word etc. I mainly see people calling Jackson from Kkandbabyj this.
Junebug8+
Amateur

Postby MamaJoAnna » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:30 am

lmmomSD wrote:

My opinion only:

I think "diagnosing" someone with ASD or speculating the R word or any other medical condition without a proper medical background is far different than an opinion that says "so and so seems like they need speech therapy." That's just me though

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
MamaJoAnna
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Boxing Ring