YTMD Pet Peeves

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by GymChick »

I have a pet peeve and I do it all the time and annoy the hell out of myself when I do it lol I hate when I start watching a vlog and get all pissed off about something and need to come to the thread and report my opinion before finishing the vlog because usually I have another opinion I want to share or I am eating crow because my original snark was proven wrong in the next vlog clip. If that makes any sense at all lol. I have to remind myself "watch the whole video your opinion isn't that important it can wait, watch the whole video"
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I feel like that too. I'm just holding my breath waiting to say something because one vlogging couple in particular I just can't stand. And then after the video, instead of wanting to say something, I feel dirty and some shame for watching the vlog in the first place.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

When people act like kyson is an angel brought down from heaven who got trapped in the hell that is the skube family. They excuse any misbehaving as understandable given his environment. Yet kaden and lilia are little brats when they behave the same way. These people favouritise the kids just as much as they think jess does! All kids have good and bad qualities. I like kyson but it seems weird to me how everyone goes singing his praises and excusing bad behaviour. Sorry if people disagree.
jedoc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jedoc »

cats-or-die wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
saltliferocks wrote:Stop posting on YTer's social media accounts, FFS!!
If you are going to post negative comments on their accounts and you post here, they should block you! Don't snivel about it on here. That's called being a troll. This site is for people who want to gossip and snark WITHOUT trolling. If you want to be a troll, don't post here. You make the rest of us look crazy.
That, and people who post here posting various things in YT comments, interacting with fans. Like, why? Of course they're going to argue with you if they haven't seen the light.
Yes! "I'm currently in a fight with some minions." WHY. Why even start that?

xoxo gossip cat
Why do people only get away with this on the DB thread?! Karmarose got blocked without a warning for doing it once to Vanessa without knowing it was against the rules.

Also people get some snarky when a YTer is criticized for doing something they do with their kids, "OH I MUST BE A HORRIBLE MOM TOO THEN",like please leave your sensitive side at the door when you come to a gossip site.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:I feel like that too. I'm just holding my breath waiting to say something because one vlogging couple in particular I just can't stand. And then after the video, instead of wanting to say something, I feel dirty and some shame for watching the vlog in the first place.
I think that's part of why I start so many comments with "My daughter was watching". Because God forbid anyone should think _I_ was was watching a vlog, lol. I keep forgetting that pretty much everyone on this site watches--that's why the forum is here, so no one cares.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

sadie wrote:When people act like kyson is an angel brought down from heaven who got trapped in the hell that is the skube family. They excuse any misbehaving as understandable given his environment. Yet kaden and lilia are little brats when they behave the same way. These people favouritise the kids just as much as they think jess does! All kids have good and bad qualities. I like kyson but it seems weird to me how everyone goes singing his praises and excusing bad behaviour. Sorry if people disagree.
YES!!!! "Omg she hates Kyson, she gets on him but not the others, he looks like Drake, #freekyson" gooooood grief!
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Mazement
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mazement »

I've wanted to add my peeve for a while but I didn't want to inadvertently offend anyone. I haven't seen this in a little while now so hopefully no one will take it personally!

My lowly pet peeve is the misuse of the word 'probably'. I find it often gets added in to sentences that are opinion or theories and it ruffles my feathers.

"X probably does that because..."
"Y probably thinks that if she does that she can..."
"Z probably told him..."
'Probably' = 'more than likely to' or 'almost certainly'. Using it makes the opinion or theory seem truer than a 'maybe' or a 'possibly' which can lead to (and has led to) misunderstandings!

Ps, I get that sometimes it can be used for comedic effect, that's never bothered me!
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Holy run on sentences, batman. Just stop and put some periods and commas where they belong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

People who post about "their vlog has blahblahblah...", but don't post a link to their vlog and expect us to look past the fact that they just mentioned they vlog. I mean, HOW RUDE!

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

When 20 different people suggest thread titles in the regular thread when there is a thread specifically for title suggestions.... stahp!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
CanYouJustNot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CanYouJustNot »

This is probably really mean to be annoyed with, but I've seen it SO much lately that it's just driving me insane. People who come onto a board and say something like "I'm sorry, who's Ben? Who's Gabe? Who's Joel?". I get it, we're all new at some point. But there's a FAQ's on most of the families on here. On top of that, read like 5 pages and I'm sure your question has already been answered. I'm sorry, I'm an ass. :(
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

I know this is a stupid complaint. But that's what this thread's for, right? Lol

I agree. I don't see what the big deal is with her skin. It looks okay to me. It's a good thing no one knows what I look like because my forehead is just like hers with the so-called "wrinkles". I must be pretty hideous then lol.

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

gossipingloser wrote:All the people talking about Missy's skin. Of all the things the crazy Daily Bumps do, I think her skin is a pretty minor issue. Some people have bad skin...big whoopdeedoo. Sure moisturizer might help it. We don't normally watch them getting ready for the day though so how do we even know she doesn't use any? And even if she doesn't...why does it matter???

She has said time and time again that she can't stand textures - lotion being one of them. When Oliver was a baby, she was in a panic because GASP, he would need to be lotioned!! Image she brings it upon herself to have nasty looking skin at 26.

I love that we can sit here and discuss to death that Bryan MUST be gay, that Missy MUST hate him, that they MUST be in massive debt, or that Missy flirts with her cousin? But discussing her horrendous old woman skin is stupid. LOL.

xoxo gossip cat
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

cats-or-die wrote:

She has said time and time again that she can't stand textures - lotion being one of them. When Oliver was a baby, she was in a panic because GASP, he would need to be lotioned!! Image she brings it upon herself to have nasty looking skin at 26.

I love that we can sit here and discuss to death that Bryan MUST be gay, that Missy MUST hate him, that they MUST be in massive debt, or that Missy flirts with her cousin? But discussing her horrendous old woman skin is stupid. LOL.

xoxo gossip cat
I said my complaint was stupid, not the "skin shaming" (haha is that a thing?).

I know it's stupid but it does annoy me, yup. Hey at least I'm not clogging up the DB thread complaining, right?

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

gossipingloser wrote:
cats-or-die wrote:

xoxo gossip cat
I said my complaint was stupid, not the "skin shaming" (haha is that a thing?).

I know it's stupid but it does annoy me, yup. Hey at least I'm not clogging up the DB thread complaining, right?

Hahaha right! Although discussing her skin will never stop. Every day it gets worse and worse. It's crazy! Lol

xoxo gossip cat
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by alym0326 »

I've noticed this in multiple threads, but when people make posts saying "they probably ____" and then it goes on and on and people discuss it as if this is a known fact.

Another thing, feeling like you have to tip toe through certain threads or people being 100% blunt and honest in one thread and turning a blind eye to other threads when you know damn well if the youtuber they dislike did it, there would be pages of discussion.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

"Probably" means it's not a fact.

And i think most people can agree that a pet peeve is when people can't drop their personal vendettas. We have beaten this topic to death. Yes, some people are biased. Moving on.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

zipadeedodah wrote:

I agree. I don't see what the big deal is with her skin. It looks okay to me. It's a good thing no one knows what I look like because my forehead is just like hers with the so-called "wrinkles". I must be pretty hideous then lol.

Your skin looks like Missy's? I'm so sorry.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Not my fault obviously. It runs in the family. It doesn't bother me.

Return to “Boxing Ring”