YTMD Pet Peeves

cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by cats-or-die »

SelkieSpirit wrote:I'm here for the gossip forum. But it's not shocking to hear people talk about their own experiences. We've been talking about Missy and her "labor" for the past three or four threads. It's natural to offer your own story and experiences up for comparison, same for Jessica's thread and the party for Caden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's natural maybe, but hold yourself back because I, along with many others, could care less about how a random stranger went over her due date by 2 weeks. Honestly. Think about it. Why would I even remotely care??
I'm here to discuss YTers, not sift through pages of "my labor" this and "my kid" that.

xoxo gossip cat
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

cats-or-die wrote:
SelkieSpirit wrote:I'm here for the gossip forum. But it's not shocking to hear people talk about their own experiences. We've been talking about Missy and her "labor" for the past three or four threads. It's natural to offer your own story and experiences up for comparison, same for Jessica's thread and the party for Caden.

It's natural maybe, but hold yourself back because I, along with many others, could care less about how a random stranger went over her due date by 2 weeks. Honestly. Think about it. Why would I even remotely care??
I'm here to discuss YTers, not sift through pages of "my labor" this and "my kid" that.

xoxo gossip cat
I don't give a rats ass. Sometimes even when it's "relevant". Like one or 2 relevant examples is fine but I don't need 20 personal stories.
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by MichaelScarn »

Okay so I just have one genuine question. Promise I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything.
So anyone who reads and posts here can't comment on their page a normal question and if they reply post it here?
For example, if everyone were wondering if drake has seen the boys, and someone comments and posts the screenshot of her response, is that allowed.
And then secondly I would like to say any screenshot comments I've posted were of someone else's comment that I just thought was funny, not that I posted.
Well... At least I think. I joined this site in like 11th grade I believe so I might have been more immature back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

MissVeronicaaa wrote:Okay so I just have one genuine question. Promise I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything.
So anyone who reads and posts here can't comment on their page a normal question and if they reply post it here?
For example, if everyone were wondering if drake has seen the boys, and someone comments and posts the screenshot of her response, is that allowed.
And then secondly I would like to say any screenshot comments I've posted were of someone else's comment that I just thought was funny, not that I posted.
Well... At least I think. I joined this site in like 11th grade I believe so I might have been more immature back then.

I _think_, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the idea is that if someone from here posts something really harassing on social media, and then posts a screen shot here, that there would be a consequence. Not if you ask a yt'er a polite question and get an answer, and post a screenshot of that conversation. Like if you go on Bryan's Twitter and say "Bryan you're a lying asshole. We all hate you." Or something similar, or anything threatening or suggesting something bad should happen to them or their children. That's what makes us look bad and like the minions who defend them by saying that they hope our children die or that we're terrible people just because we disagree with things they do. If you post some goofy ignorant minion comments, that's not a problem either.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote:
MissVeronicaaa wrote:Okay so I just have one genuine question. Promise I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything.

I _think_, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the idea is that if someone from here posts something really harassing on social media, and then posts a screen shot here, that there would be a consequence. Not if you ask a yt'er a polite question and get an answer, and post a screenshot of that conversation. Like if you go on Bryan's Twitter and say "Bryan you're a lying asshole. We all hate you." Or something similar, or anything threatening or suggesting something bad should happen to them or their children. That's what makes us look bad and like the minions who defend them by saying that they hope our children die or that we're terrible people just because we disagree with things they do. If you post some goofy ignorant minion comments, that's not a problem either.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Ah okay I see now. Thank you!

MichaelScarn
Informer
Informer

Okay I see now :) Thank you! I was confused there for a bit!

SelkieSpirit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SelkieSpirit »

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think any thing's wrong with it and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. People will likely keep sharing stories now and in the future.

:HK: Hate to love and love to hate :HK:
cats-or-die
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by cats-or-die »

SelkieSpirit wrote:I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't think any thing's wrong with it and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. People will likely keep sharing stories now and in the future.

Again, if it's a quick tidbit relating to something, by all means share away. However having two pages of birth stories is 100% irrelevant to B&M. She hasn't even given birth yet so it's even more irrelevant.

Newest pet peeve of mine that never bugged me till today: nit picking for the sole purpose of keeping the thread moving. Dear Jesus the thread doesn't need to move constantly.

xoxo gossip cat
Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

Biggest pet peeve has to be when posters write a personal story on EVERY SINGLE REPLY!
"My dad used to.... "
"I know someone that.... "
"My friend has.... "
I don't mind when personal stories are shared here and there, but when every comment has a personal story to it, it's annoying.
:love2:
mocalyn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mocalyn »

Havent been here in a few months... today im seeing petty fights on most threads.. is this how it is now ? Or are we all just extra sensitive atm? Lol

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
babyspice
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by babyspice »

I think my biggest pet peeve is when people change their opinions just to fit in. That honestly annoys me so much. Be yourself. Just because, 3 users don't like the same thing as you doesn't mean you have to change your opinion

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk
SelkieSpirit
Talker
Talker

Not that I disagree with you babyspice, but I thought of this earlier when someone mentioned Bryan's personality changing depending on who he is around... That can be a sign of mental illness in that some people don't really have a sense of self, so they adapt the way they act to try and fit in. Not to suggest that all people that do it have mental illness, but I do and (as I mentioned earlier) we talk about what we know... And I guess it's my way of offering up an explanation since I likely either have or will do this at some point.

blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

The DB thread is literally the worst thread on the entire site. I can't even read it anymore. I only go to it when people complain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#FreeBen
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Mod peeve; I hate I can't foe anymore.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
SelkieSpirit
Talker
Talker

Oh that sucks. Foeing helps keep the peace... and the sanity.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

SelkieSpirit wrote:Oh that sucks. Foeing helps keep the peace... and the sanity.
When I first became mod all my foes were released and I couldn't foe them again. Understandable it's just because I need to read what they say so I can keep the peace. I probably could try again to see but I usually just try to ignore them and skip over.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Just wondering... When you foe someone, do you ever find discussion to appear confusing??

Pet peeve (and I think it's irrational of me) is when users have their own photos as their little display or whatever it's called. No idea why. Irrational.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Pet peeve: when people aren't mods but think they are the queens of YTMD. Hell, the mods are actually nice but these people just aren't.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

lurkymclurkerston wrote:Just wondering... When you foe someone, do you ever find discussion to appear confusing??

Pet peeve (and I think it's irrational of me) is when users have their own photos as their little display or whatever it's called. No idea why. Irrational.

I personally didn't find it confusing. More like I was giving my brain a break from avoiding a stroke. Third of the people I foed couldn't type properly and weren't struggling with a second language so it was pretty annoying. Second third I couldn't stand, last third I never talked too but knew they weren't going to be people I wanted to talk to so I was saving myself the future problem.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Another pet peeve.

"I know y'all don't like personal stories but...."

If you're going to share your story, own it. If you think no one will want to read it, don't share it.

Or "I don't normally talk about myself but..."

Bologna.

I am guilty of sharing small life stories but I do that because I think it adds to the conversation. When I think of a personal story but am certain no one gives a flying fuck, I keep it to myself. Simple.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Return to “Boxing Ring”