Bonnie/Ellie Thread Participants

sarah

Unread post by sarah »

I moved this post here because it was in the Pet Peeves thread. This is not the original post in this thread. Please see the post below.

Alright.

You all seem to have issues with a certain user, but no one seems to want to do anything about it so I have created the thread for you.
There are quite a few of you going back and forth quite often so I decided to combine all threads. Have at it!

Please read the rules posted below:

We've created this forum to minimize the arguing that occurs in the regular forums. If you are called out, it is up to you whether or not you respond. The only rules for this forum are...
1. No racial or gender/sexual slurs.
2. No posting of personal information. (Examples: email addresses, addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
3. No flaming or "boxing" with administrators or moderators.

Unless one of the rules have been broken, reports made about posts in this forum will be ignored.

- Kryptonite

THIS ORIGINAL POST IS BY SARAH:

ONE person is the common denominator in the Griffiths/Hoellein/Mecham family comparisons and arguments. This person overtakes the threads, spins things, takes comments and turns them into personal arguments, and pretends to be a moderator. The only solution would be to ban this person, but nothing (that I've seen) that this person does is on the grounds of "reportable" just unfortunate. This ONE person is hard to skim over or ignore since there are probably 20 posts EVERY SINGLE DAY from her. Unfortunately, I see no end to it and the real moderators are being kind. AND, I too, am baffled that it came down to needing a comparison thread (I know mods were trying to find SOME solution so no blame to them.) because people should be free to compare the sisters (That's human nature!) without feeling like they're wrong. I think most were just glossing over anything they disagreed with and never made it personal.
Last edited by sarah on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greys Encyclopedia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Greys Encyclopedia »

You should've seen my dislike for a few users here a few months ago and HS was one of them. Couldn't stand these 3 or 4 posters and the tables have COMPLETELY turned. I've noticed HS posting less in the threads I follow and when she does, she is attacked by the new 3 or 4 posters that have started to annoy me. But y'all, I've never used the foe button and I have wanted to say so many things but is it hard to just stfu and move along? Or even use foe?

I've made some great friends on this site so I know wanting to stick up for each other and stand by one another, but every. Single. Post. Does not need to be an okay to attack.

I hope this even makes sense. First week back to school has hit me hard.

ETA: I'm not a hardcore HS fan either. I don't agree with many of her opinions but I feel as soon as some of you see her username, you go on the attack. If her name was blocked out, would you respond the same way as you would have?
Last edited by Greys Encyclopedia on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: HelloSweetie

Unread post by ladymama »

I think it's hilarious that even though posts dont have her name, everyone knows they are about her haha.

I'm content now that I dont have to see her posts, but I'll still sit here and read this ;) Image Image

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I don't agree with people being passive aggressive towards her. I think she likes to defend her position, I'm too lazy to defend my opinion back and forth but I personally agree with a lot of her posts in the Ellie and Bonnie thread. #teambonnie and I'm posting this because I feel bad she has a thread about her just so people can bash her...seems kinda mean :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:I don't agree with people being passive aggressive towards her. I think she likes to defend her position, I'm too lazy to defend my opinion back and forth but I personally agree with a lot of her posts in the Ellie and Bonnie thread. #teambonnie and I'm posting this because I feel bad she has a thread about her just so people can bash her...seems kinda mean :(

Same, girl. Same.

It is. For the record, I did not create this thread because I want to see others bash her. Frankly, if people are going to be passive aggressive and post about her anyway, she at least has the right to defend herself without being yelled at by other users, banned, warned for taking over a thread.

I am just wondering how many people will actually step up...
Okay ya I understand what you are trying to do now. I just realized now what this boxing ring thread is....I had no idea this existed until tonight lol #noob

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HelloSweetie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I actually agree with a lot of her posts, so I don't see where the animosity comes from. But that's just me. I don't know if our opinions are so important to us, or if it feels like these vloggers are our friends, but getting so worked up about what someone says about a vlogger just doesn't seem productive. Life is too short.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HelloSweetie

Unread post by ferriswheel »

I think she's just passionate about some of her opinions. I don't always agree with her posts, but I don't see the point in arguing with her either.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
sarah

HelloSweetie

Unread post by sarah »

I took a 2 month break from posting ANYTHING on Ellie or Bonnie's threads. This was after I was about to deactivate my acct. I received a PM from someone with the same frustrations asking me to stay and I could tell that many others felt the same way. Yes, I scrolled and overlooked HS's constant posts. But it's kind of hard when a person posts MULTIPLE times an hour. I foe'd so let's hope that works. I originally viewed a Youtube gossip forum as just that, a place to gossip about Youtube personalities, not each other. But, it turned into that.
NOTE: To reiterate what Kryptonite said, I did not create this thread, she did. She just moved my post from the Pet Peeves section of the Boxing Ring to here. Along with that, I have commented on threads directly to HS multiple times since I had no intention to create a seperate "7th grade-esque I hate so and so" thread just about HS. But, since mods understandably want arguments in the Boxing Ring, here we are with a topic devoted to mostly one person.
sarah

Re: Bonnie/Ellie Thread Participants

Unread post by sarah »

Kryptonite wrote:
sarah wrote:I took a 2 month break from posting ANYTHING on Ellie or Bonnie's threads. This was after I was about to deactivate my acct. I received a PM from someone with the same frustrations asking me to stay and I could tell that many others felt the same way. Yes, I scrolled and overlooked HS's constant posts. But it's kind of hard when a person posts MULTIPLE times an hour. I foe'd so let's hope that works. I originally viewed a Youtube gossip forum as just that, a place to gossip about Youtube personalities, not each other. But, it turned into that.
NOTE: To reiterate what Kryptonite said, I did not create this thread, she did. She just moved my post from the Pet Peeves section of the Boxing Ring to here. Along with that, I have commented on threads directly to HS multiple times since I had no intention to create a seperate "7th grade-esque I hate so and so" thread just about HS. But, since mods understandably want arguments in the Boxing Ring, here we are with a topic devoted to mostly one person.
Yes! I apologize that your post was sent to the top. I created this thread, you had nothing to do with that.
No worries, I just wanted to be clear. Thank you
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

So.... I posted on the Bonnie board 8 times this year and 3 were today. I had posted 6 when Alym went off on me and everyone jumped in about my controlling the board and running the conversation. Nothing controls the board more than having special rules made up to accommodate a few people, and running to a mod everytime someone calls you out on a passive aggressive post.

That said, I can accept constructive criticism and I will try to post less. I get it can be annoying. I'm reasonable. I get along with most people, and don't seem to have issues on any other board. Not that I've ever been contacted by a mod about...Just Bonnie's board. It's personal with people, but those same people want to argue that I'm somehow not letting them express themselves? Please. We hear you everyday. Most days the anti/Bonnie side posts more than the pro-Bonnie side. Heck we even acknowledge her mistakes, but it's not good enough because we don't totally hate. I do not control the opinion of everyone. Just me. If someone says something negative (or positive) and it doesn't have my name on it, it's not my opinion. Heck I don't even think the fighting is about Bonnie and Ellie anymore, but mothers vs not mothers.

For all the sort of haters...Sorry for being so annoying and over posting. I'm working on it and I will try to chill more on all the boards... not just the one that's the problem. If you have a problem with me, PM. You don't have to wait until someone else loses their shit and jump in. I'm tough but I'm not mean. Or foe me... it's cool.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I've been reading for a while now and I'm frankly surprised this is coming up now. HS is way more chill now than like 4 or 5 months ago.. I like rwading everyone's posts, even when people are getting worked up...that's life and it's fun to have passionate discussions (especially when your hubby rolls his eyes everytime you try to talk to him about something annoying a ytuber did lol).
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

Here is one thing that I don't agree with, why should HS or anyone be banned from this forum? I just don't get it, if you can't stand her just add her to your foe list or scroll down, why would I lose my time asking complaining to a moddie about someone else's post or spend it sending it PMs between users to discuss about a poster? If I disagree with someone I reply and then try to ignore it if I see the other end of the discussion just wants to have the last word, I came here to talk about a certain youtuber, this isn't about the users of the forum.

And about HS controlling the E&J and Bonnies thread... are we seeing the same threads? Because I see people agreeing with her and I do too most of the time, it isn't like she's talking there by herself :lol: Usually I don't even try to leave a comment on Bonnie's thread because I know that someone will police what I say with rules that aren't explicitly written anywhere or if there's a problem like yesterday someone will say that it his isn't all positivity, as if we all didn't knew that.
Before Calvin was born on E&J's thread most of it were nice comments praising them and if I had something negative to say I probably wouldn't have said it because I'm too lazy to make a comment (since english isn't my first language I get nervous thinking that something I say will be taken in a wrong way) and I remember seeing some of her comments and agreeing wih them.

On another note, I want to add that I don't care if someone has worked with kids, it's a nurse, has a 10 kids or has read a hundread of articles about something, you don't have to prove me anything (come on, you don't even know me! why do you care about my opinion and trying to convince me?) , you just say something because you want to. This "I respecfully disagree with you but lets agree to disagree" seems like BS to me, even the saying annoys me :lol: maybe it's because in spanish we don't have something like that that I can think of.
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^^^ The problem IS that the majority largely agrees with me. It makes the monitory frustrated. I get that. 6 months ago I WAS the minority on the E&J board. Since I was one of the first to criticize them, I think I now take the blame for all the negative E&J shit everyone else says. I'm not telling people what to say. I'm not out recruiting pro-Bonnie or anti-E&J posters on YT! I get it's frustrating, but it's not my fault things have swayed so suddenly.

I don't even post on the Bonnie board much anymore. Fights have still almost broken out because the same couple of people get defensive. I can get banned and I'm sure it will make them happy for a day, but it won't change the tone of the board. Someone else will just become the target.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

No. The problem isn't that you are part of the majority.

The problem is that you post WAY too often, usually saying the exact same shit over and over again. Bonnie rocks, Ellie sucks. We get it, and most of us agree with that general statement.

Nearly every single post gets a reply from you, if you agree or disagree and it swallows the thread.

And on top of that, you pretend to be a mod. It wouldnt be so bad if you just inboxed someone and said "hey that's actually against the rules/should be done a bit differently." Instead you chomp them like you're queen of YTMD, hoping for ass pats.

Okay, I'm done now. Had to get that out.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:No. The problem isn't that you are part of the majority.

The problem is that you post WAY too often, usually saying the exact same shit over and over again. Bonnie rocks, Ellie sucks. We get it, and most of us agree with that general statement.

Nearly every single post gets a reply from you, if you agree or disagree and it swallows the thread.

And on top of that, you pretend to be a mod. It wouldnt be so bad if you just inboxed someone and said "hey that's actually against the rules/should be done a bit differently." Instead you chomp them like you're queen of YTMD, hoping for ass pats.

HS may reply a lot and say a lot of the same things, but so do I. Just "foe" the people you don't like and stop bitching about it. HS is polite in her replies and you are passive aggressive rude in yours.

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
ladymama wrote:No. The problem isn't that you are part of the majority.

HS may reply a lot and say a lot of the same things, but so do I. Just "foe" the people you don't like and stop bitching about it. HS is polite in her replies and you are passive aggressive rude in yours.

1. I did foe her.

2. I haven't been bitching, this was a thread made for this and she obviously had no idea what the real issue was. So I told her.

3. If you don't like me, foe me and quit bitching ;)

sarah

Unread post by sarah »

My issue with HS isn't so much the frequency of her posts, it's that she makes many posts personal and drags people into a debate because they don't agree with her opinions of E & J and Bonnie. I can post screenshots if people need evidence.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:
ladymama wrote: 1. I did foe her.

Quick question. I am not trying to a snarky jerk but I am genuinely curious because it has been over a year or two since I have been able to foe someone, and I only ever foed one person. How are you seeing her posts if you have her foed?
They unfortunately still show, they just shrink it down. I was hoping it would make them invisible (facebook block style) but not the case lol

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

sarah wrote:My issue with HS isn't so much the frequency of her posts, it's that she makes many posts personal and drags people into a debate because they don't agree with her opinions of E & J and Bonnie. I can post screenshots if people need evidence.
You most definitely can find examples from months ago. I've admitted I used to argue a lot in the past. Like others have said, I've tried to cool it lately. Why make a big deal about it now? (Also, weren't you just doing the exact same thing on the C&K board?).

Not saying I haven't been guilty of that, but I'm by no means the most guilty party anymore. Are you saying the same debate doesn't come from the other side? I'm sure others would disagree. I don't want to call anyone out, but there are definitely two people that are guilty CURRENTLY of the exact same thing.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

Ok, I'll bite.

I left the E&J thread this summer because I couldn't stand HS's arguing or magical assumptions. It's one thing if you actually see something in a video and are talking about that, but I think it's ridiculous to make up stuff that has never happened just to make someone look bad. Yes, I complain about things Bonnie does, but I try to point out examples in the videos that back up my opinion. I don't understand her vendetta of hate against Ellie. It is unbelievable. Bonnie does annoy me, but I still try to find positive things to say about her videos when I can. I do not care if other people like her or don't like her. It doesn't affect me personally one bit if people hate or love Ellie or Bonnie, but I cannot stand the hypocritical posts about people being too negative in the Bonnie thread, when that is what she does ALL day in the E&J thread. She's the most passive aggressive person on this board, with the snide remark and winky face emoticon. I swear if I never read passive aggressive on this forum again, I will jump for joy.

I, and the moderator have asked HS to foe me several times and she refuses. She knows I have her foe'd, but she will not do me the same courtesy because she loves to argue and has to have the last word.

I do not see the need for three threads to bash Ellie. Sorry, I just don't understand that level of hate put on a total stranger whose life you see ten minutes of every day.

I apologize to anyone I have offended with nursing information or personal stories. To be honest, I can't think of one person who doesn't occasionally reference something in their own lives. I do however, have a problem with judging someone's life to decide if their opinion is valid or not. Those threads are not made for personal attacks. I have made an effort to not post as much and to try and post with people who agree with my opinions to cut down on the arguing. I really do not enjoy bickering. If I did, I would still be in the E&J thread. I took myself out of there, foe'd HS, and stay out of the comparison thread for that very reason. I don't see her putting that effort in. I also have never sent her a nasty message or asked anyone else to, for the record. I post in one thread....I do not have a team of minions on this site.

Also, I would like to say, I find it funny that someone who talks about being a parent SO much, spends her day watching vlogs and criticizing other moms about not spending enough time with their kids. Pretty ironic.

I'm done, and I'm not coming back to have the last word or argue.

Return to “Boxing Ring”