YouTube Pet Peeves

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Just thought of this. That SO many vloggers go around chewing gum constantly, with their mouths open, like a bunch of cows. My mama always taught me that it was rude. Like talking with your mouth full. I mean jeez, Carlie Butler was even chewing gum at her wedding reception, and spit it out on the plate so she could eat cake. That's just nasty. If you're worried about breath at your wedding reception, try a mint. Tic Tacs only have one calorie.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
emzams
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by emzams »

YouTubers who promote their merch and other things too much. Also, the fact that almost every famous YouTuber writes a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And "writes" is very loosely stated. Like Shay going around acting like he wrote his book, when he admitted a while back it was ghostwritten. But now that it's out, he's all "get this book that _I_ wrote!"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Jazzieboo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Jazzieboo »

I hate it when they do videos showing their tattoos but they wear clothing that makes it too difficult for them to show them all! you planned to film, dress accordingly!

pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

I have a combination complaint. Lol.

I can't stand it when ppl don't address obvious issues in their vlogs that commenters point out. For instance, a huge thing like child carseat/seatbelt safety, or leaving children unattended, etc. And then you go through comments and see one person maybe out of 100 comments that actually says hey, did you guys notice xyz, that's not safe, etc.

Then when ppl make a comment, "fans" will be so offended about it. Like how dare you point out them risking a childs life!

Then the vloggers know that they see these comments, and never address it in subsequent vlogs to in fact acknowledge, yes we did something wrong, that's not a safe thing to do, etc. Ugh. Lol.

Some of these You tubers are setting so many of our youth up for failure.
laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

How they copy everyone else on youtube and act as if they are sooooo original. But an even bigger peeve of mine is how a certain contingency of ytr's use the fair use act to get more views by starting drama with another youtuber. Some of them use it to get away with calling out or bullying. Then these same youtubers get all butthurt when the same is done to them. It's all for views and it is annoying. You can see this strong in the crap that Freelee does. Actually you can really watch it going down in the vegan community with all the little YT channels jumping in on the Freelee vs Tana drama. Even that idiot Sierra Watts jumped in. Also right now some schmuck is trying to sue H3h3 over using some of his content, under the fair use, to make a point about him.

I don't find too many YTr's all that original with most of their content anyway. Many of them straight out copy others and not just from youtube and should be kissing the ass of the people who passed the fair use. I just find it funny that so many of them need to use other peoples content to get views and have a meltdown when someone uses theirs. Bunch of entitled little pricks.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I think like all reality TV, things tend to get played out after awhile.
tmarieme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tmarieme »

Basically all intro's
I have yet to find one that isn't super annoying after seeing it more than once. I understand wanting to introduce everyone it's just annoying. This isn't TV to be fair though I get annoyed with long theme's with that too
The other thing (and maybe I can change) is instant play when you visit their channel. For a while whenever I started to type youtube it would automatically go to Sam and Nia's page because it was the first place (I'm guessing) I visited after clearing my history. It was lazy of me but I finally cleared it again so now it doesn't go straight to their page
Seriously though if I had to hear Nia say one more time "look who's home" I would have gone crazy.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Why are videos like this the new 'birth video'? Mental illness and substance abuse do not mix. Why throw YT into the mix when you clearly are not stable enough to handle it?
Having a meltdown, acknowledging a substance abuse problem, or being exposed for horrible things is becoming commonplace for YTbers. I don't get it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

saltliferocks wrote:

Why are videos like this the new 'birth video'? Mental illness and substance abuse do not mix. Why throw YT into the mix when you clearly are not stable enough to handle it?
Having a meltdown, acknowledging a substance abuse problem, or being exposed for horrible things is becoming commonplace for YTbers. I don't get it.
I think it's the type of people drawn to YT TBH.

People with their shit together (education, a good job, happy family, etc) are too busy enjoying their lives to worry about fame, the envy of others and putting on a good show.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
saltliferocks wrote:

I think it's the type of people drawn to YT TBH.

People with their shit together (education, a good job, happy family, etc) are too busy enjoying their lives to worry about fame, the envy of others and putting on a good show.
I think that's totally true. There are very few vloggers that really have the life they present. Bonnie, Cullen and Katie, and Family Fun Pack are some of the very few families I can think of that _seem_ to be honest and really have the happy family they portray in the vlogs. And I honestly think the reason is that they were older when they started vlogging. They'd had a few kids and supported them and bought homes without the YouTube income. The maturity and knowing that they can support themselves without the YouTube money takes the desperation out of the situation.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

I'm going to need every YouTuber to strike the phrase "Let's go ahead and get started" from their vocabulary, especially when they say it three times before doing the aforementioned getting started.
liz749
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by liz749 »

I swear if I have to listen to another vlogger lie to us about how much they love the app Best Fiends..

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

How ironic that we were just discussing YTbers and substance abuse, and here comes King Shay to confirm it.
Not saying he reads here and had an ah-ha moment; pointing out that many YTbers are using things to assist them with their huge "perfect" personas.
I find the sociology behind YT so fascinating, so things like this make my nerdy brain giddy.
I am not judging Shay, I think it takes a lot of courage to be so open and honest. I simply think that now that it has become less-taboo, we will hear from more YTbers.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Shay is using substances to make happiness an easier choice? Or was he talking about others? Is it a new vlog?

saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It's their new WTKGTS vlog.
Coming clean on YT is the new birth vlog.. We've been seeing both big and small YTbers having meltdowns, being exposed, or coming clean about 'real life' of late. I predict even more to come.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DP:
As much as I don't love Shay, I have to give props for some of the points made in the video.
So many kids are watching YTbers and celebrities, for that matter, believing that their lives are perfect, and making them #goals. So much of it is smoke and mirrors. I feel like an entire generation is looking up to these YTbers, like the Bumps.. It's so scary to think that anyone could believe that vlog-life is real life. It's not.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Thanks. I totally agree that it is good that especially Shay is coming forth and saying that it is all what it seems. And I am glad that he did it as a podcast, not some clickbait "We have to talk" vlog. Jeez, if Mr Mormon, blow sunshine up your ass happiness is a choice Shay is admitting to a drinking problem and saying that it's not real, I gotta wonder about Bryan and Missy, and Ellie and Jared, who have a harder time projecting the image (at least to me-- I can see the gritted teeth behind the smiles).

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

My YT pet peeves?
The ridiculous faces that the vloggers do in the thumbnails- especially when they have their mouths open so wide. I don't need to see their tonsils!
It also kind of bugs me that they put the titles of their vlogs in capital letters. Even some small youtubers that I have been following for years have started doing this.

OT: Not related to the vloggers that are discussed on YTMD, but I have started to watch a lot of Disney trip vloggers lately and it's annoying that some of them put one day of a vacation in 3-6 videos (videos that are 30 minutes long!). I wish they would condense the videos so that we don't have to wait months and months to see the end of the vacation
#FreeFinleyandJackson
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

This is really specific to Florida vloggers right now. I have seen a few vlogs of them running around like crazy people stocking up for the hurricane. It's been coming for a week. They have been warning about it. So you go out the day it's supposed to make landfall and are surprised that there are no batteries or bottled water left? These people have no excuse. They don't work outside of YouTube. Entire vlogs dedicated to the empty shelves at Wal-Mart, and whining because there is nothing good left at Costco are irritating, especially when it's not like this is a surprise.

Return to “Boxing Ring”