YouTube Pet Peeves

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: YouTube Pet Peeves

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't know where else to put this. But it's proof positive that "We're vlogging for the memories" is BS. Carl and Jinger started daily vlogging, but the stunts and challenges were more lucrative.
And what about, I don't know, getting a JOB?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 6ce311.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 79e472.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Gimmick videos et way more clicks on the YT Kids app. Vlogging is losing steam because it's the same thing everyday, and it isn't enough for these vloggers to make just an easy $500k anymore, they all want to be millionaires and pseudo-celebs no matter how much they have to sell out. Carl and Ginger are going for the millions.

My toddler loves YT Kids, but thankfully he prefers videos that people have put time and money into to create lesson and music based content. People that definitely started out marketing to a preschool audience... not just those that have stumbled into one.

Then again, when I see my kid watching anything even close to a family vlog I shut the thing off and hide it Image
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't know where else to put this. But it's proof positive that "We're vlogging for the memories" is BS. Carl and Jinger started daily vlogging, but the stunts and challenges were more lucrative.
And what about, I don't know, getting a JOB?[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 6ce311.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201708 ... 79e472.jpg[/img]

I mean, hey, I have to give them big time props for actually responding and being honest though. Any other YouTuber probably would've just deleted the comment all together. I don't watch C&J, nor do I think I'd like them based on what I've seen of them from other vloggers lol, but the transparency is incredibly refreshing.
waitwhat
Informer
Informer

Unread post by waitwhat »

When they use their kids' illnesses, injuries, hospital trips, doctor visits and distress to get views. It's just so damn awful. Put down the fucking camera and be there for your child, all the money and expensive toys in the world aren't gonna make it up to them for you filming instead of holding their hands.

Also, begging for subbers and views and comments and thumbs up until they get big and then being all "we're filming this just for us, don't watch if we don't like it, see if we care, FU, it was never about subbers and views"
The above comment is not about you. It's about the Youtuber whose name I'm mentioning in said comment. Please do not take it personally. Thank you for understanding :)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I have to vent about this family that doesn't have a thread here (not that I know of, anyway) We Are The Davises-- they're on a cruise of the Mediterranean. First, they were in Barcelona. Didn't say a word about the attacks. Just played sardines in the elevator, the hotel room, the cruise ship, and everywhere else. There's only four of them. But they are obsessed with playing sardines. Then they were showing off some purchases, and the son has this wad of gum in his mouth that was so huge he couldn't close his mouth. And he was so wound up, he could NOT stand still. He was literally bouncing off the walls.
Then, they go shopping. At a mall. And the mom is going on about how she wants something unique to Barcelona. But they're shopping at a mall. It looks like a mall you could find anywhere. If she wants something unique to Barcelona, why shop for it at a mall?
And people look up to them. Their comment section is filled with "ilysm! You are my favorite YouTubers!"

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

It annoys me When parents make ridiculous excuses for their children because others criticized them for something. This one family's son has a service dog and he was hitting her and instead of correcting him they went on a long rant in the comments that made absolutely no sense, sometimes the negativecomments are there to help you no one is telling you how to raise your kid but clearly there's an issue if everyone is telling you you should maybe correct something. Drives me nuts the child was clearly wrong for doing that she should've said okay we have and will continue to address this problem instead of going on a useless rant
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why do parents of teenagers on YouTube insist on their children calling them "Mommy and Daddy"? Noah from Kitty's Mama is a senior in high school, and he called his mother "mom", and then he stopped and corrected himself and said "Mommy". Annie on Bratayley used to call her parents "mom and dad". And now she's back to "Mommy and Daddy". It's so weird.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

lmmomSD wrote:Why do parents of teenagers on YouTube insist on their children calling them "Mommy and Daddy"? Noah from Kitty's Mama is a senior in high school, and he called his mother "mom", and then he stopped and corrected himself and said "Mommy". Annie on Bratayley used to call her parents "mom and dad". And now she's back to "Mommy and Daddy". It's so weird.

I think Daily Bumps are the same way and I imagine when Ollie is a teen he'll still call them Mama and Dada.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LOL! He sure will! When I comment about that, people think I am overreacting. But it's not Ollie's _choice_ to call them Mama and Dada. They refer to themselves that way. Once my kids could actually say it, we switched to Mommy and Daddy until they made it clear that they wanted to move on to Mom and Dad.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

lmmomSD wrote:LOL! He sure will! When I comment about that, people think I am overreacting. But it's not Ollie's _choice_ to call them Mama and Dada. They refer to themselves that way. Once my kids could actually say it, we switched to Mommy and Daddy until they made it clear that they wanted to move on to Mom and Dad.

I could have sworn there was a time when Ollie said "mom" and Missy snapped back and said "it's MAMA" or something similar.. I could be wrong or it could be my pain meds kicking in lol.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

thenightowl wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:LOL! He sure will! When I comment about that, people think I am overreacting. But it's not Ollie's _choice_ to call them Mama and Dada. They refer to themselves that way. Once my kids could actually say it, we switched to Mommy and Daddy until they made it clear that they wanted to move on to Mom and Dad.

I could have sworn there was a time when Ollie said "mom" and Missy snapped back and said "it's MAMA" or something similar.. I could be wrong or it could be my pain meds kicking in lol.
No, I think you're right. And there was one time when he woke them.up in the middle of the night, and they said something about him calling for mama, and she said "at least it's not mom!"

laughsatytfame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by laughsatytfame »

OMG when a handful of people get all bent over something they do in their personal lives when we are snarking on a vlogger for something more specific. It is as if they have to make what they do okay and none of us really care, but ffs keeping it going for 3 pages to convince us while you are missing the point is enough. I can't out a specific poster since it is several.
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebug8+ »

Wrong area

Return to “Boxing Ring”